• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Incidentally, for anyone keeping score at home, recall that the box set for the final Winter show, Black Rock Shooter, doesn't release until June 22, so we'll have to wait until then for the final temporal sales rankings. Not that it's exceptionally difficult to predict how they'll turn out or anything, just saying for the sake of completeness.

I take this to mean that otaku happily ate from the BRS hog trough? I can't believe that I'm even letting myself hope that it doesn't sell well, but I'll still be disappointed if not the least bit surprised.

Letter to Momo's poor theatrical performance is sad, but I wonder if we can really blame general audiences for not buying Denno Coil on DVD. It was released in 2 episode volumes, and the LEs came with complete storyboards for the included episodes as extras. That's not really the sort of release that's attractive to a general audience at all.

I was being a bit ambiguous there in my response; I wasn't thinking of Dennou Coil's DVD sales so much as what I understand was a failure to find a wide, receptive audience during its TV airing. Of course the way the DVD market is in Japan isn't going to be attractive to a large number of people.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 3

U88ks.jpg

Oh god why.

Of course there's the school setting, huh. I really hope it doesn't get much screen time.

Other than that, Ledouche entered full keikaku mode for a second there, and it was interesting. And I guess he has no qualms
about killing his "brothers".
That's always a plus.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 3

So it seems that Lelouche will have plenty of keikaku up his sleeve throughout this series. I look forward to how unbelievable it might get!

We also learn of
Ledouche's limit to his douchenozzle-powers! One a person, huh? I am guessing the length of control depends on the order or question given.

Also, awkward direct character introductions are awkward.

Code Geass R1 3
U88ks.jpg

Don't you all feel aroused~?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Code Geass R1 3

Oh god why.

Of course there's the school setting, huh. I really hope it doesn't get much screen time.

Other than that, Ledouche entered full keikaku mode for a second there, and it was interesting. And I guess he has no qualms
about killing his "brothers".
That's always a plus.

i65YDDpw6FsO4.gif

Code Geass R1 3

So it seems that Lelouche will have plenty of keikaku up his sleeve throughout this series. I look forward to how unbelievable it might get!

We also learn of
Ledouche's limit to his douchenozzle-powers! One a person, huh? I am guessing the length of control depends on the order or question given.

Also, awkward direct character introductions are awkward.

Don't you all feel aroused~?

So I hope you all agree that Kallen > Shirley > Nunnally.

Cordelia is the best.

/XX/

Someone already posted some shots I thought, I know a lot of backgrounds have been changed.
Be advised; the following link leads to slightly explicit content... careful!

「偽物語」BD1巻修正比較~神原全裸(*´Д`)ハァハァ | あみもね☆にっき
http://blog.min.chu.jp/?eid=1243796

Dresden

I blame Ougi more than Viletta herself. Ougi was the worst character by far.

Be advised; the following link leads to slightly explicit content... careful!

「偽物語」BD1巻修正比較~神原全裸(*´Д`)ハァハァ | あみもね☆にっき
http://blog.min.chu.jp/?eid=1243796

That's a pretty comprehensive set of changes.

Je1na.jpg

hVftk.jpg

So much change.

---

This change in background is pretty deep.

xKekg.jpg

9UhCo.jpg

Brazil

Code Geass R1 4

Yeah, the setting's similar to Guilty Crown's, but Ledouche's not comparable to Shu in any way. Thankfully.

I like both the guys, but as Team Light member, I have a feeling Suzaku will
hold back Lelouch's insanity in a way that I'll be left a bit frustrated.

The question that remains: who made him that sentai uniform?

http://i.minus.com/i65YDDpw6FsO4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh man.

Jarmel

Banned
C.C. aka "Pizza Butt">> Kallen>Coredellia>Milly>Nina>Table-Kun>Epphie>Villetta>Anya>Jiang>Marianne>Shirley>Nunnally>Rolo

Pizza_Butt_by_infinityink888.jpg

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 4

How long did it take him to get that outfit made and think up of that circus introduction?

Anyways, getting Tales of Vesperia-itits from all this
bros on polar sides business.

I don't mind it too much as long as the conflict between them turns out interesting...or bloody!

Kagami

Personally I get more upset at the failure of anime aggressively targeted at general audiences, such as Dennou Coil and Letter to Momo, than the success of yet another show of questionable merits among the otaku niche.
For actual general-audience daytime TV shows, I think we have to look at their ratings rather than their video sales. Japan's just not a big TV-buying market. "Someone who actually buys TV anime" is one of the working definitions for "anime otaku."

EDIT: Ah nvm you kind of said that already heh.

I was being a bit ambiguous there in my response; I wasn't thinking of Dennou Coil's DVD sales so much as what I understand was a failure to find a wide, receptive audience during its TV airing. Of course the way the DVD market is in Japan isn't going to be attractive to a large number of people.
Yeah, assuming you're talking about adults and not kids (who may have simply found it too complicated/boring), I guess it's just the same universal problem the whole world has with adults lacking interest in cartoons besides sitcoms (and One Piece).

For actual general-audience daytime TV shows, I think we have to look at their ratings rather than their video sales. Japan's just not a big TV-buying market. "Someone who actually buys TV anime" is one of the working definitions for "anime otaku."

Which is why I clarified afterwards that I was thinking more of Dennou Coil's performance on the air than its performance on DVD. Sorry for the confusion.

BluWacky

I wasn't thinking of Dennou Coil's DVD sales so much as what I understand was a failure to find a wide, receptive audience during its TV airing.

Is this true? I was under the impression the show had done okay in terms of ratings - it didn't hit the heights of, say, Major, which aired at a similar time, and I don't know what the demographic breakdown of the show was, but it was regularly pulling in around 3.0 ratings which was better than Terra e... in the old doroku slot on TBS. See these links for ratings at the time - Dennou Coil aired on Saturdays at 18:30 (it's the last chart on each page, in the row labelled 電脳コイル).

It also got repeated on NHK at least once - I remember seeing the listing for it a year or two ago.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nothing else in Geass will ever compare to (late season one spoilers, don't click this Drago and Brazil)
The Euphinator.

Hyouka 2
This show sucks, it's really boring and the main character is even worse than Kyon is.

There's only 3 good things in this show, the Kyoani production, Eru, and the ED.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Alright now that my MLP escapades are finished its time to get back into anime.

Fate/Zero 15-17:

Anime of the season, anime of the year, anime of the forever. I should have watched this last because this show's greatness is killing my motivation to check out anything else from this season.

Saber x Iris is still the OTP of this series god dammit. Disturbing lack of Waver in these episodes. Kiritsugu and Kotomine are setting up for one hell of a collision course.

AKB 0048 1

Speaking of wanting to quit watching anime. Some of you will put up with this shit for another week or somehow the entire season. I am sorry but you are sick, twisted and completely demented.

This is literally one of the worst things I have ever experienced in my life. Having an OT for this garbage is just flat out wrong. I hate this show, I hate this thread, I hate anybody that would recommend this filth and now worst of all I hate my life.

Where the hell is the blue haired chick? Why do they look like chipmunks? Why is there NO FUN ALLOWED?

7Th

Lelouch and Suzaku were the best heroines in Code Geass. Any ending other than the
Lulu/Suzaku
we actually got would have been atrocious.

Brazil

Code Geass R1 5

So, CC, huh? I guess they want me to recognize her by her butt's curves. What kind of blanket does that?

And I'm convinced Suzaku's awesome. But now
he's going to join the student council, too, huh.
There's no way out.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 5

So for a mysterious girl, C2 sure has some spunk to her. Better than, "What-is-"emotion"?What-is-this-"feeling"-you-speak-of?"

Also Suzaku has acquired power beyond mere wires, how will
Ledouche counter this in their next inevitable duel
?

Find out on the next Dragon...Ball...Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom