• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyaruko 7

mXdfk.jpg

What's with this romance bullshit? This isn't what I signed up for. I want slapstick absurdist comedy!

Jex

I'm too silly. I don't know what the guy means with the last sentence.

He means that that might have been an acceptable excuse to make an anime at one point doesn't really hold up at this point in time. Essentially, that there' no point in revisiting the work in question.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
there you go:

UqbkI.png

GAF-tan's design really grew on me during this :) Excuse the scribbly look, but I just had to finish this up -.-

Jex

I don't skip episodes, though I might ignore that policy when I get around to watching Nadia.

Skipping episodes is a sure fire-way to improve your viewing experience of such shows as Maison Ikkoku, Nadia, Urusei Yatsura and many other titles.

Articalys

Hmm, I feel kind of bad for the Toonami PR guy that Cartoon Network/Adult Swim decided to reveal the schedule ahead of time anyway. I guess Funi decided to do something with their DMW license after all. I've seen a few episode of Casshern Sins on the Funi Channel when it was accidentally activated on my cable for one weekend, and it should be a good fit.

cajunator

Banned
Interesting is not good.

Good is not necessarily interesting either!

Was the new Pv for the second season of dog days posted ?

or are you guys not looking forward to this title next season ?

FUCK YES. IN MY VEINS.

Interesting is better than good.

True story.

Found a sample clip of Dark Cat on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wR91v-97HM

Ok. This definitely has potential. gonna set aside time for it.

Defenders of anything are apologists apparently. Jex and Branduil are NTHT apologists.

I guess you could call me an NTHT apologist too then. I loved that show.

Are you saying that fans of certain shows can't evaluate what they like from an objective standpoint?

Also, speaking of puns, punning and other matters: http://www.colonydrop.com/index.php/2012/05/16/bred-for-buoyancy-satoshi-urushihara?blog=1

I liked Plastic Little. One of the OVA's I grew up watching :)
It even has a jiggle counter in the ADV release.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Skipping episodes is a sure fire-way to improve your viewing experience of such shows as Maison Ikkoku, Nadia, Urusei Yatsura and many other titles.

inb4 "skipping every episode of [insert series here] is the best viewing experience for that show!"

cajunator

Banned
Sengoku Collection 02

MUCH better.
Still not great but I like idoru episodes.
Ieyasu is definitely a shining beacon of adorable hope in an insipid show. Kana Hanazawa can make anything better, and does her best to make this show tolerable to watch.
I will say, as long as Ieyasu ins involved I will watch this. But if she's not in more of it, this show can go to hell.

The Blood-C anime is collaborating with the internet security company Kingsoft to advertise Kingsoft's security software. The campaign began on Monday and will run until July 20.

http://download.kingsoft.jp/is/blood-c/index.html

I can't believe this is actually happening. Amazing.

Yeah that is pretty awesome. Saya will protect in the literal sense of the word. Hopefully this time she's successful.

survivor

Banned
Sengoku Collection 02

MUCH better.
Still not great but I like idoru episodes.
Ieyasu is definitely a shining beacon of adorable hope in an insipid show. Kana Hanazawa can make anything better, and does her best to make this show tolerable to watch.
I will say, as long as Ieyasu ins involved I will watch this. But if she's not in more of it, this show can go to hell.

The next episode will undo all the good that Ieyasu has accomplished.

NewFresh

cajunator

Banned
The next episode will undo all the good that Ieyasu has accomplished.

That's a real shame because Ieyasu is a genuinely great character and she's very cute as a proper Kana character should. I'll continue the show but if it gets truly awful, I'll just revisit this episode sometimes and drop the show otherwise.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
That's a real shame because Ieyasu is a genuinely great character and she's very cute as a proper Kana character should. I'll continue the show but if it gets truly awful, I'll just revisit this episode sometimes and drop the show otherwise.

Well, after episode 3, you get 4 and 5, both of which have a fair amount of good points.

cuc

A handful of shows do previews really well, for example Penguin Drum always had that neat animated sequence with the penguins that hinted at where the next episode might go without giving anything away. Unfortunately few shows bother going to that much effort.

This is heresy! Previews are an indispensable part of anime!!!!!1!

Actually, to be fair, the anime industry understands that it takes skill to create good previews. Although that's exactly why they always assign newbies to do preview-editing - as a method of training!

sonicmj1

Unless there was some derpiness that I missed, as far as I could see there was a lot of good stuff to look at.

I was kinda hard on the background art (that shot included), because I didn't think it measured up to some of the better stuff in the series. I know this background was in my head when I was making those statements.

Maybe I was being too hard on it. The backgrounds in your earlier post were quite good.

Cwarrior

Fate zero ep20

Last minute character development a cheap tactic in try to get you to care about a character's death
,I dislike that, it's overused by anime, episode was alright thanks to the dialogue being interesting.

it's obvious that wasn't rider but someone pretending to be him mostly likely assassin from the next episode title

2D beserker the hero we deserve

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AKB0048 4

Oh gee I wonder why the crowd are not feeling it. Perhaps because it' just two girls singing as if it was a local cafe. Then you bring out the rest of the gals with bangs and flashes and you act surprised that the crowd is loving it.

Articalys

Nyaruko 7

I thought that was alright. Enough comedy and Asumin for me, at least.

Also, I want to reiterate that the Iron Striver theme song on the OP single is badass.

I was kinda hard on the background art (that shot included), because I didn't think it measured up to some of the better stuff in the series. I know this background was in my head when I was making those statements.

Maybe I was being too hard on it. The backgrounds in your earlier post were quite good.

What's wrong with that one?

sonicmj1

What's wrong with that one?

The shot I posted is a shot I like, from Episode 5.

The shot from before, I think I originally felt critical because part of it felt like a picture through a Photoshop filter, but now that I look at it more closely, that doesn't hold up. I guess the lighting's kinda flat too, but now I feel like I was too hard on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom