• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Utena 5

I have accepted the fact that every character, even Chuchu is better than Anthy. I hope she does something good cause right now I just want to see her getting more slapped.

Woah, woah woah. I thought that you hated Anthy being slapped up. Are you saying she deserves them?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The people saying they liked the ending of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 7 in here did keep watching until the ED was over, right?

survivor

Banned
Woah, woah woah. I thought that you hated Anthy being slapped up. Are you saying she deserves them?

Getting slapped and looking hurt is the only emotion she can display outside of smiling around like a dead robot. I mean I feel sorry for her when it happens, but that's like the only interesting thing that happens to her.

The people saying they liked the ending of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 7 in here did keep watching until the ED was over, right?
Oh, I see. I guess that's expected but the visuals used at the end really did make it seem the outcome was worse.

survivor

Banned
Tasogare Otome 7 - When did this turn into a (better) Persona 4?
Dusk Maiden Amnesia - 07

Only thing missing was someone shouting PERSONA!
Dusk Maiden 7

Dat ending.

This is a lot more like Persona than I remember it being in the manga.

Can someone explain the Persona comparison. I only played Persona 3 for like 2 hours but I have like a vague understand of what the franchise is about.

Texhnolyze 1-2

Now that FUNimation is releasing the Geneon titles I finally got around to starting some of the subs available to free members. There is not much to say about Texhnolyze so far since I have no idea what the overall plot to this series is.

I am hoping to watch more of this soon. The OP is mesmerizing, but that is all I have enjoyed so far with the little story that has been laid out.

Can someone explain the Persona comparison. I only played Persona 3 for like 2 hours but I have like a vague understand of what the franchise is about.

Persona 4 is all about "facing your true self", all of them taking the form of these things called Shadows.
Before getting another ally, you have to fight their shadow self who give a monologue about the things the person didn't want to accept about themselves. Shadow Yuuko's little exchange with normal Yuuko was right in line with the typical Shadow monologue in the game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Korra no Densetsu] 07?
pZIux.gif
Moé by daytime,
mecha at night

I could tell every single story beat they were gonna play in this episode. Also the amount of CGI going on was ridiculous. :(

[Ginga e Kickoff!] 07
You can do it Reika-chan! You deserve to be the real heroine of this show, especially after this:
Just shut up, Erika. :mad:

[Hyouka] 05

I'm glad I've kept up with this show. The setting doesn't do much in terms of staving of the banality, but I can't deny that KyoAni delivered in spades with this arc. I just hope they can manage to stir up the formula a little (no, I'm not asking for a beach episode).

[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 022
This is the reason why the villains never win in this show, whether they are Imperialists or Republicans. Also: not young and pretty enough. The implication that the nobles are this incompetent due to
centuries of inbreeding
only goes so far when everybody acts that way. Space senility is surely the real answer.

Also found this hilarious. Dude, you don't talk about
your kids like that
in the middle of the battlefield. You jinxed everyone!

Ultimadrago

[Korra no Densetsu] 07?

Moé by daytime,
mecha at night

I could tell every single story beat they were gonna play in this episode. Also the amount of CGI going on was ridiculous. :(

Ugly CG
race cars, mechs and more mechs!
Truly enough for the whole family to enjoy!

Seriously, though, the story in that episode did it no favors in its predictability.

[Hyouka] 05

I'm glad I've kept up with this show. The setting doesn't do much in terms of staving of the banality, but I can't deny that KyoAni delivered in spades with this arc. I just hope they can manage to stir up the formula a little (no, I'm not asking for a beach episode).

Don't fight it.

Thoraxes

Hot springs, beaches... It's all the same thing. There's going to be an increase in the amount of skin shown by our female protagonists, and that's why they exist.

duckroll

Speaking of hot springs, next week is going to be interesting. Both Lupin (ep9) and Hyouka (ep7) are confirmed to be hot springs episodes. But there might be more!

Aquarion Evol 21

For a mech series, Im surprised by how much I greatly prefer the non mech action to the mech action. Though I still love the ingenious names they give the gattei... risky.

But mindblown at the revelation,
though I cant even begin to think what will happen next. Who gets Mikono?

And for Andy
it would be interesting if they manage to keep Mixy male for the rest of the anime

Shrade and Cayenne scenes are always interesting, nice one this time.

Ultimadrago

Hot springs, beaches... It's all the same thing. There's going to be an increase in the amount of skin shown by our female protagonists, and that's why they exist.

7Sl13.jpg

As simple as your "A's, B's and C's, kids"

Well, I don't really have any money for a plane ticket, so...

http://i.imgur.com/JhRUW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is when your magical girl powers are suppose to kick in!

Can't you use teleportation or something?

Jintor

Anyone seen any of these and have strong opinions they'd like to share?

- FMA Brotherhood: OVA Collection
- Cat Planet Cuties (Collection)
- Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Collection 1)
- Rozen Maiden Overture (OVA)
- Gosick – Collection 1

Branduil

- Gosick – Collection 1

Gosick is a bad, boring BONEs show. Also, have you watched the Rozen Maiden series? Because there's no reason to watch the OVA if you haven't.

- Gosick – Collection 1

I liked the anime overall, however the whole series feels and seems to be a prequel which doesnt seem like the actual next story will be animated. Pretty nice action though it was a bit too deep on the plot for me at times cause of the political story it involved. I thought the 25 episodes was worth the $60 or so.

Ultimadrago

- Gosick – Collection 1

Aaah, so MadMan is getting those releases out, eh?

*checks list once...checks it twice*

You are wearing my patience, MadMan...

In regards to your question, Gosick in particular:

cxOpI.gif

eWRf7.gif

Now you don't need to buy it.

cajunator

Banned

- Gosick – Collection 1

Fma- don't care

Cat planet cuties- i loved it but I am a fan of alien catgirls. The blurays are nice.

Lolh- dunno.

Rozen maiden ouverture - i like the first series but I have yet to watch Traumend or the ova.

Gosick - did this come out? I'll buy it if it is.

Oh i see this is Aussie. Well that means Gosick probably wont come out here.

the ova.

Thoraxes

- Gosick – Collection 1

I liked Legend of the Legendary Heroes. It wasn't like super awesome or outstanding, but I thought it was at least solid, I liked the character and universe setting, and it felt kinda old school in many ways. I enjoyed watching it when it was airing for two seasons.

I have just convinced my brother to watch School Days, though he does not seem to appreciate its depth since he only watched the last episode. There's no reason to watch School Days if a person only watches the
nice boat

wonzo

Banned
I have just convinced my brother to watch School Days, though he does not seem to appreciate its depth since he only watched the last episode. There's no reason to watch School Days if a person only watches the
nice boat
no one can say they've truly watched School Days until they've seen the build up to the stunning conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom