• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Zetman ep 10
Man, the only panty shot we get and then something happens. oh well, plenty of delicious curves of konoha.

Well in that particular show, yes. but not overall.
Millhiore is one of the cutest things ever created though so I could understand your point of view.

184461-bigthumbnailoluxy.jpg

[x]Touch fluffy tail

wolfs and dogs are part of the same family

Cajun, change the team we have also the better dfc girls.

wonzo

Banned
Apparently Dogakobo asked JD Bahi to work on Yuru Yuri, but he declined because he doesn't like the show. Should've asked him to work on Natsuyuki.
he's in for a rude awakening once he starts working in japan

Why do we have more cat girls than dog girls (or even superior fox girls - fluffy tails and stuff)?
there's a fox girl in RICKS BREAD 6!

They did? o_O

Such a hypnotising ED, it feels like I just went on an acid bread trip everytime it finishes.
they changed the eyes... it's just not the same :(

cajunator

Banned
the wild-eyes are what made the ED. now they just look generically cute and as a connoisseur, I'm afraid it just doesn't work for me.

I voted for Erio, Charlotte and Horo again and against the K-On! girls (but for Yui because Konata is worse than all K-On! girls)

maybe I should do something against my K-On! hate

Naruto SD 10
v28lv.gif

Shikimaru can already see the ending.
Not a bad episode. The first part was pretty weak with team building which turns into infighting and stuff. Wasn't that funny or had that much puns.
Part two was great. A murder mystery turns into a game show. Shikimaru is the best.

Ultimadrago

Mysterious Girlfriend X 9

Got slightly upgraded by "Best guh", guh.

Wait, so to get this straight...Urabe can
test other men for companionship, but Tsubaki can't even innocently enjoy pictures of another woman that looks like her?

*sigh*

Tsubaki, you got the short end of the stick, son.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of Uruk~ 10
Something something orbs everywhere.
This was a pretty downer episode. It was literally white everywhere making it blurry so go go snow effects. The whole one wish rule and pretty much Jil's lack of resolve getting addressed is good cause I'm getting sick of Jil's always must act on the side of justice and other hero stuff.

Zetman 10
That panty shot
tumblr_m55t0hDFF91qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kouga psychological drama is so dull. Jin always has the better action. I was actually getting so frustrated at Kouga.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind knowing what happened in the scene when
the girl died on the bed
since the anime censored it and I don't follow the source material. Oh never mind found it
crushed by a stone block
see

Jex

Not so! I'm sure you recognize the K-On! and Madoka crew just fine.

If I were merely some kind of troll I might take this opportunity to make a quip about how there aren't any characters in K-On or Madoka. Luckily, I would never do such a thing.

On an unrelated note, I am glad everyone is enjoying Oniisama e... It's not the kind of show that your going to run into as an every day anime fan because it's not in anyone's "top anime" lists and it's unlikely that anyone would would recommend it in any of those 'recommend me a show' threads. Never the less, it's certainly a logical choice after Aim for the Ace.

Ultimadrago

If I were merely some kind of troll I might take this opportunity to make a quip about how there aren't any characters in K-On or Madoka. Luckily, I would never do such a thing.

On an unrelated note, I am glad everyone is enjoying Oniisama e... It's not the kind of show that your going to run into as an every day anime fan because it's not in anyone's "top anime" lists and it's unlikely that anyone would would recommend it in any of those 'recommend me a show' threads. Never the less, it's certainly a logical choice after Aim for the Ace.

- Does it count as trolling if I agree with the statement?

- Anyhow, on Oniisama e. I don't find myself as involved with the narrative and characters (maybe because I've seen them all before) as I was with Aim for the Ace thus far. It feels slower, less tennis balls to the face and has no "Coachie". That said, I am looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Jex

Berserk Egg of the Emperor - garbage

But why is it garbage?
I made a terrible error on Redline. I think that was the Hollywood movie instead. The anime Redline MEGABOMBED even harder. Here are recent anime bombas:

Welcome to the Space Show
21 screens, 2 day total: 9030 tickets - 13,766,700yen

Redline
56 screens, 2 day total: 8938 tickets - 12,700,800yen

Niji-Iro Hotaru
107 screens, 2 day total: 9652 tickets - 11,918,600yen
A Letter to Momo
276 screens, 2 day total: 61,908 tickets - 77,510,600yen

While that might look pretty good, it's actually really bad relative to the wide release it got. 276 screens nationwide, and it couldn't even beat the Haruhi movie on 24 screens (89,010,100yen).

It almost makes you question why they bother making anime movies at all. I mean, how do you justify funding for any of these projects considering the poor turnouts for these films?

Jex

Delinquent in Drag:

I really just want to push Go Negai down the biggest flight of stairs I can find. How so much puerile unfunny shit could flow forth from the mind of one person I'll never know. Only the sight of his twisted and broken form at the bottom of the staircase will give me solace now.

Go Nagai seems to always be working from the mindset of 'what would an eleven year old boy enjoy?'. It's just the way he is.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Go Nagai seems to always be working from the mindset of 'what would an eleven year old boy enjoy?'. It's just the way he is.

I think that I must have been a very boring child.

Also, I find that I am apparently alone in the very negative Nagai experience I had over the weekend:

Only a select few will ever know the depth of my pain.

I didn't know Go Nagai wrote Deadman Wonderland.

Dororon Enma-kun Meramera confirmed for Toonami. Good to see NISA getting a little extra cash flow.

Articalys

GKids to Release Ghibli's From Up On Poppy Hill Film in North America
The entertainment trade magazine Variety reported on Tuesday that GKids has acquired the North American rights to Goro Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's From Up On Poppy Hill film. GKids confirmed the news at France's Annecy film festival.

Variety reported that GKids will release the film next March, and it plans to qualify the film for 2013's Academy Awards before then. Variety does not specify if GKids' rights include both theatrical and home video rights, although a film will have to play in a Los Angeles County theater for at least one week to qualify for Academy Award consideration.

Studio Ghibli is producing an English-language version of the film, and Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall are co-executive producing the English version.
They're aiming to get it qualified for the Oscars? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom