• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime doesn't die. The difference between the best productions and the real trash just gets bigger, with less groundbreaking stuff and a lot more crap being produced. That seems to be the trend with every art-form/industry these days.

sleepykyo

Please don't be implying what I think you're implying. Do I have to begin sharpening my knives? :(

F/SN spoiler"
To be fair, it is a prequel so it is given that outside of one "good" guy, everybody loses. Except Archer, he had a grand old time until Fate/Stay Night.

/XX/

I'm so happy Yoshinari joined Trigger! IG didn't really fit him.
Damn right you are! I mean, I don't want to assume things about Production I.G, their people or any other present and past studio and their internal culture I don't know anything about, but after Mr. Ōtsuka's words putting emphasis on how they wanted more control and autonomy for their circle of associates (pals) over all the aspects on their future productions, there wasn't any other place more ideal for him to go, as he was one of those creative GEEKS.

And talking about that, Mr. Yoshinari & the gang were already scouting some days ago the talent to use on that upcoming short, much more younger than usual I must say (http://www.collabo-school.net/?p=3241). As a recent start-up I suppose they are too broke to pay for anything else.

I kid, I kid. I condemn any form of children exploitation.

Glancing through it, I figured it was something that you'd like. >_>

Is KyoAni the Valve of anime?

It might be a bit over the top, but it is very well executed and has some great art and likable characters. It's Battle Royale for gamers, so I don't see fans of that disliking. Not everyone's cup of tea of course, but the guy who did it (he also did Otogi Matsuri which is great too) knows what he's doing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It might be a bit over the top, but it is very well executed and has some great art and likable characters. It's Battle Royale for gamers, so I don't see fans of that disliking. Not everyone's cup of tea of course, but the guy who did it (he also did Otogi Matsuri which is great too) knows what he's doing.
Most people don't like Battle Royale just for groups of people killing each other.

Well executed? I don't know about that. Seemed rather poorly handled to me, and I don't say that just because of the shock value stuff.

I've been meaning to watch Battle Royale.

Uchip

Banned
I remember a friend telling me that there were no on-screen deaths.

That's when I decided I wouldn't waste my time with it.

the worst part is the protagonists name
sounds like catfish

Yeah, they like it for the mind games, the emotional breakdowns, the character development, the "him or me" mindset reluctance, the complete monster villain, etc. All stuff Btooom! has.

Arent you the guy who dislikes Fate Zero?

survivor

Banned
Saint Seiya Omega 10

I have never seen a battle shounen anime that brings all these hyped characters together and still end up underwhelming. Very depressing achievement.

Iketeru Futari 14
J8GZ2.png

Hitokage's secret identity?
This is now a basket ball anime. And some nobody character has been added in just to add tension. He apparently loves Koizumi too, but like most men has been rejected. So now there's going to be a 3v3 game to claim the heart of Koizumi, but she wants none of this. Oh and did I mention that Saji and Yuuki are part of the basket ball club? Don't worry, the anime forgot to tell me too.
pDcYl.png

They sure bounce like basket balls.

duckroll

Next year's Anime Mirai/Young Animator Training Project lineup:

- Little Witch Academia, Studio: Trigger, Director: You Yoshinari
- Studio: Gonzo, Director: Koichi Chigira
- Studio: Pierrot, Director: Kenji Muto
- Studio: Madhouse, Director: Yuzuru Tachikawa

This is the first production of Trigger (Imaishi's new studio) after assisting on Idolmaster and Black Rock Shooter.

Young Animator Training Project? Why is Yoshinari involved? He doesn't need any training. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom