• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

AX2012:

1:00pm to 2:45pm - Fate Zero Finale Screening & Q&A Featuring: Ei Aoki, Hikaru Kondo & Rikiya Koyama

I hope this means the final episode is an hour long just like the first episode! Oh boy!

Daaaamn. I wish I could've gone this year. :/

ZGApv.jpg

This thing is BEGGING for a "LIKE A BOSS" caption.

AX2012:

1:00pm to 2:45pm - Fate Zero Finale Screening & Q&A Featuring: Ei Aoki, Hikaru Kondo & Rikiya Koyama

I hope this means the final episode is an hour long just like the first episode! Oh boy!

AnimeGAF, if you have anything you want asked from the QA session, feel free to let me know and I'll try my best to get an answer.

Narag

Lupin III A Woman Named Fujiko Mine 9

Well now that was a surprising treat. As I've asserted each week, Fujiko's a rather poor lead and works best supporting the other cast. I think this episode is exemplary of such and benefitted from her being the outright antagonist while giving Lupin & Jigen the spotlight. it looks like everyone is coming together at last and hopefully we'll be given a strong finish that justifies the show.

The weird filter seemed to have been used much more artistically this time around rather than just rather than slapped on whatever and the episode benefited from that greatly as well. I don't know why it wasn't used better in earlier episodes aside from possibly learning how to effectively use it.

Also this is the first time I've watched the ED and given the theme of this episode, it has a fairly creepy voyeuristic vibe as if the viewer helped enable her tragic childhood.

Lupin III (1971) 2

Quite the contrast from the current series. Like the first episode it suffers terrible pacing issues yet it feels a little more right. The antagonist was a good foil and it was nice seeing Lupin so on the defensive.

Look how happy he is.

Wasurenagumo

I wish the whole thing had been more of a period piece as it was in the beginning. Not saying the story we got was bad though as it was a great little watch with some wonderfully disturbing imagery.

On the other hand, this is how I felt about the tonal shift towards the end.

AKB0048 5

Well that's more of the cast than I ever cared to see. And now there's a third blue haired girl? I can't keep track of this stuff. Nyan training sounds scary as well. What the hell was up with Sonata's costume design? She was wearing a hoodie with ears on it and under it? A tiny hat with another set of ears on it.
How did I never notice this before?

As a whole, I figure the ep was a fun slice of life in between the inevitable Kawamori crazy.
It took me until the end to realize the cast I didn't recognize were the AKB members themselves.

AKB0048 6

So episode 5 existed solely to get me to drop my guard for this one. I should have never doubted.

Genius at work.

duckroll

AnimeGAF, if you have anything you want asked from the QA session, feel free to let me know and I'll try my best to get an answer.

I would really appreciate it if you could get a question in to Kondo about his selection process for the episode staff for Fate/Zero. It is no coincidence that many of the episode directors and storyboarders, and even some of the animation directors, are newer Ufotable staff who have not had the chance to take on such responsibilities before this project. How did he decide upon which of them to give these opportunities to for a given episode, and how does he feel about letting inexperienced staff dive head first into such a major production like this?

wonzo

Banned
Dark Cut Dub

I can die a happy man knowing that there's not only something out there that's equal to the great work known as Garzey's Wing, but that there's also hope for all Andrew Dice Clay imitators out there.

Dresden

apollon - 05

I really liked this episode. Deftly handled with the characters pushing forward, it was one of the better episodes so far in this show. The telephone scene in particular was quite enjoyable to watch, even as it, and everything that led up to it, served to highlight the contrived, linear romantic entanglements in the show. It reminded me of Ano Natsu from last season, of all things. Still, Kaoru remains a very likable lead and it's a pleasure just watching him . . . do things, and grow.

Still think that the way they handle the passage of time--as swiftly as the show moves through the manga--can feel off at times. Brother Jun's existence (or lack thereof) served almost as a calendar in this episode and sometimes the reminder that a month passed here or there was rather jarring.

Pushing forward to six tonight, looking forward to it.

ALvAg.jpg

Poor moe train otaku boy. Kaoru is too cool to hang out with you.

Lupin III A Woman Named Fujiko Mine 9

Well now that was a surprising treat. As I've asserted each week, Fujiko's a rather poor lead and works best supporting the other cast. I think this episode is exemplary of such and benefitted from her being the outright antagonist while giving Lupin & Jigen the spotlight. it looks like everyone is coming together at last and hopefully we'll be given a strong finish that justifies the show.

She's not a traditional lead, at any rate. Fujiko's being treated as the object of interest, through which she can then get what she wants. I have every hope that, in spite of the inconsistencies abounding throughout the series, that it can end quite well.

The weird filter seemed to have been used much more artistically this time around rather than just rather than slapped on whatever and the episode benefited from that greatly as well. I don't know why it wasn't used better in earlier episodes aside from possibly learning how to effectively use it.

None of the weird usage found in the first two episodes has cropped up again, and it's been used rather-artfully, I must say.

Also this is the first time I've watched the ED and given the theme of this episode, it has a fairly creepy voyeuristic vibe as if the viewer helped enable her tragic childhood.

Lupin III (1971) 2

Quite the contrast from the current series. Like the first episode it suffers terrible pacing issues yet it feels a little more right. The antagonist was a good foil and it was nice seeing Lupin so on the defensive.

Neither of those episodes are poorly-paced at all. Sure: stuff doesn't fly by at a quick pace, but there isn't too much to these episodes to begin with. They're carefully-crafted start to finish, taking interesting themes and scenarios for a real spin. And it's all done in the Osumi school style, which would explain why Cowboy Bebop feels a lot like these early eps.

Look how happy he is.
He sure is. Osumi episodes make me very happy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dark Cut Dub

I can die a happy man knowing that there's not only something out there that's equal to the great work known as Garzey's Wing, but that there's also hope for all Andrew Dice Clay imitators out there.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I knew you would like it, but I didn't expect you to go the extra mile and claim to hold it in equal esteem with Garzey. I can only imagine what your viewing experience was like.

I would really appreciate it if you could get a question in to Kondo about his selection process for the episode staff for Fate/Zero. It is no coincidence that many of the episode directors and storyboarders, and even some of the animation directors, are newer Ufotable staff who have not had the chance to take on such responsibilities before this project. How did he decide upon which of them to give these opportunities to for a given episode, and how does he feel about letting inexperienced staff dive head first into such a major production like this?

Duly noted!

Narag

He sure is. Osumi episodes make me very happy.

Maybe I'm using the wrong term there but sometimes it seems like stuff is happening too quickly and for no apparent reason. What stood out to me was the entire scene where Pycal leaps from the plane to land on Lupin's car. If I remember right he's on the plane, then on the roof, then the next cut he's inside the car with a gun to Lupin's head. There was a suddenness to it I found rather offputting. It very well could be it was intentional to help enhance Pycal's ethereal qualities or it might have been a matter of animation time or budget constraints. I couldn't say as I'm giving it more thought now than I did previously however my stance on this isn't horribly rigid though and might change by the time I've worked through the show.

I'm learning as I watch more stuff nowadays with a bit more understanding of different directors that something I might write off initially is appreciable later on. Ghost in the Shell spring to mind as a work with elements I've initially dismissed yet want to revisit now that I have a better understanding of how Oshii directs. I'm a novice at this without a doubt but my interest lies here currently and I'm eager to learn more.

What is driving me mad is Pycal reminds me of someone I can't remember.

wonzo

Banned
CONGRATULATIONS!

I knew you would like it, but I didn't expect you to go the extra mile and claim to hold it in equal esteem with Garzey. I can only imagine what your viewing experience was like.
it was 50 minutes of pure bliss and enlightenment. by the time the credits music played i had tears in my eyes, why... i will never know.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'm learning as I watch more stuff nowadays with a bit more understanding of different directors that something I might write off initially is appreciable later on. Jin-Roh and Ghost in the Shell spring to mind as works with elements I've initially dismissed yet want to revisit now that I have a better understanding of how Oshii directs. I'm a novice at this without a doubt but my interest lies here currently and I'm eager to learn more.
Oshii didn't direct Jin-Roh though.

I thought the initial episodes of Lupin had bad editing, except for the prison break one. Also the magician guy reminds me of that one guy from Gundam.

Narag

Oshii didn't direct Jin-Roh though.

I thought the initial episodes of Lupin had bad editing, except for the prison break one. Also the magician guy reminds me of that one guy from Gundam.

I've had a long week! Corrected though. I think editing was the term I should have used with my initial post as well.

If you meant Kai Shiden, I think we have a winner.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The only good entertainment you've got on us is Red Green and you damned well know it!
Also, Celine Dion.

Look at all those dead eyes. (White people scare me sometimes)

ibV7c.jpg

Also found it somewhat ironic (if absolutely in line with what I know of its audience ( that I actually know of in person )) that the pic was on a physics nerd forum.
Are you on NeoPAF as well??
And white people have the best sense of humour after all!
Bazinga!

im not sure live audiences count for much more though
The difference is that someone finds those jokes funny. Either that or they've been trained to laugh on command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom