• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trava 3 and 4

The pacing just got a lot better, with new stuff happening quickly and, sometimes, a bit abruptly. But man was that fun, with all of the distractions and side-plots Trava and Shinkai had to deal with, as well as Mikuru's downloading and defection. This OVA has convinced me: this Ishii-verse stuff has a lot of potential for future stories, as was the case with REDLINE, and I want to see more hijinks involving the marker duo and the warrior race hailing from Poggua.

That's all.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
ZGApv.jpg
What. The fuck.

sleepykyo

I dunno, seems very tame with the merchandise and stuff. Not enough figures, games and other stuff.

Kind of surprisingly tame when these threads and purchases in [month] thread have more risque body pillows. Prior to the google overlords cracking down, anyway.

edit: I thought Key stuff has wider faces. That or my perception was just warped from Toei's Kanon.

Kingdom ep 1/2? was 50 minutes
tumblr_m582xiq5YM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

First the visuals. The visuals were interesting. Most of the time the anime looked like those typical in engine type cutscenes for most rpgs of JPN. Which for some scenes worked well for action and what not (when there were not twenty identical bland ugly looking character models in line).

1bcdb493.gif

The worst scenes are whenever they are trying to pan around the characters in a field like above. Similarly it also looks pretty bad when they try to focus on environmental features, like grass blades look like they are from last gen games. I liked the visuals for fighting, and for some flat discussion in 2D scenes.

Pretty powerful start storywise. Hyou > Shin club. Powerful main characters with impressive skills. Only thing I don't like is the
revenge
theme but Im guessing they are switching from that with the revelation there.

Will keep watching if it remains
emotionally intense, intellectually compelling with that political plot, and interesting visually

survivor

Banned
Saki: Achiga-hen 1

Someone gotta explain to me how the fuck does Shizuno's clothes work? Like I don't even understand what she is wearing.

Anyway, I dropped the original Saki cause I didn't like the characters that much so I was kinda hesitant about picking this one but the characters seemed fun from the first episode so I guess I will stick with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You don't need to post this kind of comment, you're already an internet celebrity.
Redline is still shit, regardless of whatever passive aggressive attacks its sad fanboys levy against me. :)

As an epilogue of sorts to all the AKB48 senbatsu election craziness from this morning, here is Yuko Oshima's inauguration speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ktcGBiwtA

Or with the English dub voiceover, if you prefer it that way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUxSMpOtxZw
Minorin > all.

Iketeru Futari 15
IvmXc.png

I wonder what they're trying to tell me...
I didn't sign up for this weird basketball drama... Oh well, at least it gives great shots of Yuuki and her bouncing breasts. The episode ends with the game still not over and Koizumi nowhere to be found. The weird cross-dressing pink haired guy was there though, but he hasn't really done anything since his first episode. Oh did I mention you see Yuuki's boobs? Totally makes up for this boring drama.
2dgZv.png

Drama? In my Ecchi Comedy?

Maybe I should watch REDLINE next, just to see if this so-called "objectification" is really an issue at all. IDK, it's got me curious, and I don't like to take recommendations too seriously.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Maybe I should watch REDLINE next, just to see if this so-called "objectification" is really an issue at all. IDK, it's got me curious, and I don't like to take recommendations too seriously.
It's really not an issue. Purely conjecture here, but it's mostly likely that firehawk12 made it up because he wants to add legitimacy to him not liking the movie beyond "i dont like this movie nd i dont care about animation even though i watch animated works."

Much like Redline.
It's a pretty simple narrative?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's really not an issue. Purely conjecture here, but it's mostly likely that firehawk12 made it up because he wants to add legitimacy to him not liking the movie beyond "i dont like this movie nd i dont care about animation even though i watch animated works."

Because I'm sure all those male gaze shots are service of the excellent characterization in the film?

Uchip

Banned
Because I'm sure all those male gaze shots are service of the excellent characterization in the film?

If you're taking a serious feministic stance on an animated movie which is so utterly and intentionally detatched from reality you're doing it wrong

Risette

A Good Citizen
That's academia for you.
I mean that's a separate issue but it makes no sense to accuse me of having a heteronormative bi-gendered mind when I'm trans and don't think of gender as binary. :(

If firehawk12's post is to be believed, then I'm guessing Minorin is an anime "trap" (read: objectification of trans or intersexed people) which are pretty offensive too.

Ishii writes some fairly straight-to-the-point stories, with a lot of emphasis on character interaction and snappiness. Not sure if there's supposed to be anything "deep" about Trava, or REDLINE for that matter.

I'm still waiting for a FIST PLANET series.

The Tower of Druaga ~The Sword of Uruk~ 03
That's a disappointing sequel upgrade.
Pretty fun episode, seeing old characters and what they have done. The countdown was a fun way to stir up excitement for something that fell flat. I am amused by Utu pretty much being Ki's dad now.

Ishii writes some fairly straight-to-the-point stories, with a lot of emphasis on character interaction and snappiness. Not sure if there's supposed to be anything "deep" about Trava, or REDLINE for that matter.

I'm still waiting for a FIST PLANET series.
Koike is too busy killing TMS at the moment.

True, true. He can finish that—then he can get back to work with Ishii on the next Ishii-verse thingamahjig.

Koikieishii is still the best combo for both of them.

Known about that for quite a while now, actually. Need to watch that, alongside REDLINE. Being able to finish Trava (with much-better picture quality, too) has made my day, though, and it's time to do other things.

Iketeru Futari 16
igEg3.png

YUUKI~ <3
That's it? It just ends like that with no conclusion? Man... Yuuki was great I guess... Overall the show was ok, could have been better if the episodes didn't end so abruptly. Hell the last two episodes felt like one episode cut in two. Oh well, I had fun anyways.

duckroll

AX2012:

1:00pm to 2:45pm - Fate Zero Finale Screening & Q&A Featuring: Ei Aoki, Hikaru Kondo & Rikiya Koyama

I hope this means the final episode is an hour long just like the first episode! Oh boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom