• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Fuck can someone remind me of what went wrong in ben-to?

My mind is telling me it was fairly consistent for the most part.

The first half had wolves, dogs, pigs etc all fighting over half priced bento it was entertaining to watch and then the MC got the title hentai, which is self explanatory in where the show went from there...

Dresden

The first half had wolves, dogs, pigs etc all fighting over half priced bento it was entertaining to watch and then the MC got the title hentai, which is self explanatory in where the show went from there...

I don't know what you watched but the second half has those as well.

Solune

Fuck that noise.

MitsuruxYukari OTP.

Better yet.

FemMCxMitsuru
You know, I'm not much of a yuri activist but I totally support this notion.
Kara no Kyoukai 5:
Probably the worst anime I have ever watched. It's so bad, and not even the "Ichika no ecchi" or "Nice Boat" kind of bad that can be entertaining under certain conditions, just pure badness.

It's funny how this came after Miri suggested duckroll watch that Bleach movie and his loathing of that.

wonzo

Banned
Jormungand 9

jormungand9a.jpg
jormungand9b.jpg
jormungand9c.jpg

Surely it can't be that big a deal to just name-drop Bosnia, Serbia or Croatia?

dem abs

But the second half had plenty of that as-well.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One Piece 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Krieg arc

Each time I think this show can't get worse, it does. The little diversion with Mihawk was the only good part of this arc.

I guess Oda is a big fan of Warhammer 40k!

This was pretty much "Plot Armor: The Arc". Luffy gets exploded dozens of times, drowns, stabbed, shot with cannon balls, etc, etc, but of course he doesn't get hurt. Krieg, with armor strong enough to easily block a volley of cannon shots, has it shattered by... a punch? Sanji is ok so far, not really enough about him to decide whether he can join Zoro in the "awesome" crowd, or the rest of the idiots in the "Terrible" group, with Nami, Usopp, Luffy, etc. Anyway, it looks like the next arc is supposed to about Nami and Arlong, where cosmic claims this gets good (though he claimed it started getting better after like episode 12, so I don't trust him), so we'll see how this turns out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A good choice, it's a really fun show!

Yep!

Ginga e Kickoff 03

You know if this wasnt anime they should probably all have the same buzzcut or something. It'd be more effective then trying to get the hair gel and the hair all going in the same direction or something.

Pour Shouoota, take one step forwards and three steps backwards. Truly would be a youth of despair if he didn't have the moe moe Erika by his side.

Steroyd

I don't know what you watched but the second half has those as well.

But the second half had plenty of that as-well.

Much less focus on the hierarchical aspect and more on the T & A, not to say that the first half didn't have that either, but the ratio of 70/30 definately flipped, with the hospital part being by far the worse offender.

It managed to get back on track at the end at least.

Grzi

One Piece 30

Wrap up episode for Sanji, nothing special really.

How many episodes are you supposed to watch?
Although Arlong Park is great, you won't get the true feel of One Piece until the Loguetown arc (episodes 48-53), so hopefully you'll watch those episodes at least, for some major foreshadowing and the true feeling of adventure that makes One Piece special.
If you don't like it by then, drop it.
You're a horrible person if you do it :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
How many episodes are you supposed to watch?
Although Arlong Park is great, you won't get the true feel of One Piece until the Loguetown arc (episodes 48-53), so hopefully you'll watch those episodes at least, for some major foreshadowing and the true feeling of adventure that makes One Piece special.
If you don't like it by then, drop it.
You're a horrible person if you do it :(

I have to watch 43 episodes, and once I'm done, I'm never ever touching One Piece again, this is one of the most unfun experiences I've ever had watching an anime.

One Piece 31

So this is the start of the fabled Arlong arc. Let's see, we have
Annoying Kid
Luffy, Ussop being annoying as always
More terrible character designs
loldrama for Nami
"Oh look, this guy is really the strongest guy, we promise! Just forget about the last arc, where we said the same thing!"

Am I supposed to be awed by the fact
Nami is working for Arlong
? Sorry, but when you've spent the last 30 episodes making her a terrible character, I can't really care about her now.

cj_iwakura

FeMC x Aigis or bust. Akihiko isn't into girls anyway.

I'm also an Akihiko/Mitsuru advocate, and hopefully P4A confirms this.

From what I've seen of P3P, Minako isn't just straight, she wants every guy on the planet.

Well, I guess she's also Elizabeth-sexual, but really, who isn't.

Grzi

48 episodes (at minimum) before a show supposedly becomes good? Wow...

Most find it good from the get go and great once in Arlong Park, but it becomes amazing in the Loguetown arc, at least from my experience when giving other people the show.

Some people didn't like it at all until Loguetown and then fell in love with it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One Piece 32

All this Nami suffering is delicious, maybe this arc won't be so bad after all.

Jrv0E.jpg

Zoro is more bad ass then everyone else in this show combined.

nwxPe.jpg

/XX/

GOD KANADA

Anime owes a shit ton to him.
Well said! We could certainly learn more from and about him but it is a shame not everyone gives Mr. Kanada the attention he deserves outside Japan. A symbol for JAniCA, well respected creator that at the same time helped to impulse an association for all those workers like him inside the Japanese animation industry.

I'd love to see translated one day how some of those workers returned that appreciation on homages dedicated to his figure, like the nice one on a relaxed atmosphere seen at Mr. Hikawa's ANIME MAESTRO (アニメマエストロ) section of BS ANIME YAWA (BS アニメ 夜話) program of NHK, with people like Toshio Okada, Hiroyuki Kitakubo or Shinichirō Inoue:

アニメの魔術師金田伊功 Part.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtngqKwlO0g

アニメの魔術師金田伊功 Part.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd62Suc9GuQ

It would have been better without so much Mr. Murakami talking about himself in there.

Today, is the last Upotte!! episode. It was a ride... but I'm prepared for the last episode.
I didn't know the guy with the Danish beers was you!

All the talk about goodbyes and separation from /k/ on today's threads is making me sad...

Remember how much no one liked Renton, the fucking MAIN CHARACTER, in E7 for like 50% of the show? He got better
Maybe the same will happen with Elena, she hasn't gotten her ep yet like Ao and Blondie, hell even short overeating blonde pilot Rin from Team Goldilocks got more characterization.
Lot's of characters are shit tier until you get their backstories, hell rei and asuka from eva are just quiet and lifeless/annoying and irritating until you get to the backstories later in the series
And now they're half the internet's waifu's and shit

Remember how much no one liked Renton, the fucking MAIN CHARACTER, in E7 for like 50% of the show? He got better
Maybe the same will happen with Elena, she hasn't gotten her ep yet like Ao and Blondie, hell even short overeating blonde pilot Rin from Team Goldilocks got more characterization.
Lot's of characters are shit tier until you get their backstories, hell rei and asuka from eva are just quiet and lifeless/annoying and irritating until you get to the backstories later in the series
And now they're half the internet's waifu's and shit
Renton wasn't designed to appeal to otaku.

Soma

Fate/Zero 23

Holy.

Fuck.

I can't even make a coherent thought about this right now. I gotta watch this over a few times.

Damn.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fate/Zero 23

Holy.

Fuck.

I can't even make a coherent thought about this right now. I gotta watch this over a few times.

Damn.

I was shocked when Gil opened GoB for his NP. I was like, WTF?! HERE?!

So are you saying it's bad to make a character of a show that appeals to the only demographic that actually buys merchandise?

It makes money so, no. At the same time, I think it deters the narrative of the show imo.

Renton wasn't designed to appeal to otaku.
And Elena wasn't designed to be unappealing to everyone, everywhere like Renton.

She's never had more than a few lines per ep
Who's watching E7 ONLY for a (so far) side character with a few lines?
That's like ONLY watching all of Inuyasha because you have a thing for child furries.

Fate / Zero 23

Epic episode, this is what Fate/Zero should have been all along glorious visuals and stunning essentially non-stop action.

But screw the anime again I found myself
on the losing team, first Ryuunosuke, and now Waver, I can't get any winner or anything. If this ends with Saber winning it will be terrible. But so many emotions with Waver and all the scenes in it. Last episode and then this, really well done on being the source of my emotions and tears for this anime, he was great, and live on and stay strong! Gilgamesh is coolest abilities of all of them though.

So are you saying it's bad to make a character of a show that appeals to the only demographic that actually buys merchandise?
Yes.
And Elena wasn't designed to be unappealing to everyone, everywhere like Renton.

That's like ONLY watching all of Inuyasha because you have a thing for child furries.
Renton really isn't that annoying, though he isn't exactly a good character either.

cajunator

Banned

Well, she's the MAIN reason I started watching E7AO, but I like the setting, AO, the enemy and mech designs, the music, and story of E7AO so far that I have watched. there's too much fun stuff about E7AO to be bothered by a side character. Let people like me enjoy Elena's presence and others can go enjoy the narrative.

Andrew J.

Yeah, for all the talk about how Elena is just bait designed to make otaku watch the show, she doesn't actually appear that much.

Like, if she was the only reason I was watching AO, I'd be pretty disappointed with it by now.

Theonik

Fate/Zero 23
Spectacular episode, simply spectacular. The reveals, the action, the
WaverxRider
the Okeanos
the Lancelot
. I think I'll have to let it all sink in and re-watch it to make a proper post. FUCK.

duckroll

Fate/Zero Episode 23 Short Review

Prometheus wishes it were this good. More tomorrow in the F/Z thread when I'm not fucking tired. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom