• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 9-12 -END-

Before this season started, I was fairly certain that this was going to be just another stupid moe show. Then came the first episode... And it wasn't good at all. It was pretty terrible, actually. So terrible... That I think everyone who picks this series up in the future should simply skip it and consider the second episode the beginning. Because that's when it really begins.

This wasn't just a SHAFT-like show just for the sake of it. Those bizarre and stylized shots weren't simply interesting. They actually had a point - they were part of the storytelling. In the end, it was actually an intelligent, ingenious show that knew exactly what it was doing. Even during the borderline pure fanservice episodes - because, well, everyone has bills to pay. And because they were so well-planned, they didn't detract from the show's true purpose: to tell an inconventional, impossible love story.

There weren't many characters, but all four of them were pretty good. Niiya and Yuuko really grew on me, while Okonogi (the comic relief) and Kirie (the short-haired sexiness) clicked with me right from the start.

These last couple of episodes were great, and didn't drag at all. Hell, I watched them in quick succession without hesitating. Episode 9 was tame, but it ended with that sweet transition to the flashback. And the flashback itself, in episode 10, was one of the best ever.
Showing the events directly through Yuuko's perspective was beyond smart. Child Niiya in the projection room... Damn, haha. And the scenes showing Yuuko's final moments were really impactful.
Then came episode 11 with that diary exchange. Fuck.

I1gNR.jpg

And, finally, the inevitable "winding down" final episode. Damn. I need that song that played during the
scene in which Yuuko was fading.
In the end...
They couldn't actually do it! Fuck! Yeah! I'm so glad, hahaha. Damn the bittersweet endings. I want to leave a series smiling for once, god dammit!

Good stuff.

AKB double oh fourty eight ep 9

well these past two weeks the kawamori levels have been pretty high. this ep has everything AITAKTATTA. cordinated multi group singing! Des using tanks and stuff, tanks firing. takamina being salty yet still going out to preform. this show contiunes to deliver the pain each week. cant wait for more

fz_logo.jpg

Fate/Zero

I could write a really long post about this. I could go on forever about the quality of animation, the story, the characters, the world, the music, the voice work, and everything else. There really isn't any point though. So I'll sum it up more briefly instead.

Fate/Zero represents everything that is good about anime. It's why we love watching these weird foreign cartoons.

Fate/Zero:
"Shouting out all your attacks has never been this awesome. And it probably won't be this awesome ever again."
Final Rating: 10/10

P.S.
Dear ufotable,
Please adapt the rest of the Fate franchise so we can pretend the 2006 anime never happened.
Love, U/S

Ultimadrago

Mysterious Girlfriend X 12

I'm going to say it again, this is the best pairing of the show.

Anyways, Urabe put on her blush gauge to maximum for this episode. You know what that means?

Dirty dreams and shit, like usual.

Fine episode, especially the intro.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, I was just rewatching the
Kirei x Kiritsugu fight
in Fate/Zero 24... What the fuck, ufotable. How do you do it?

Five studios? Is that really enough?

The number does seem low considering their workload. So we've got one studio working on Sword Art Online, and we can assume one studio is tied up with Space Brothers and another on Fairy Tail. That leaves two studios for From the New World/Gryozetter/Magi/Vivid Red Operation/Blue Exorcist film... hmm. I won't pretend to know how that works out.

id give it a 9.5/10
the ending infuriates me and the loli characters are annoying :p

It's a prequel, the ending leads into F/SN quite neatly. Loli Rin and Loli Ilya are there because they are important characters in F/SN who are alive at this time and therefore connected to the events of the prequel. It wouldn't make sense if they weren't there.

Uchip

Banned
It's a prequel, the ending leads into F/SN quite neatly. Loli Rin and Loli Ilya are there because they are important characters in F/SN who are alive at this time and therefore connected to the events of the prequel. I wouldn't make sense if they weren't there.

Thats the thing though
its a prequel that requires you to know about the other one
I know rin and illya are in the other show, but if you havent seen it (i saw maybe half of it 10 years ago) it just seems unfinished

Dresden

speaking of SAO... did anyone post the second trailer here? The anime actually looks good. Kill me now.
The number does seem low considering their workload. So we've got one studio working on Sword Art Online, and we can assume one studio is tied up with Space Brothers and another on Fairy Tail. That leaves two studios for From the New World/Gryozetter/Magi/Vivid Red Operation/Blue Exorcist film... hmm. I won't pretend to know how that works out.
I'm wondering more about the reliability of the information that the french staff might have.

Dresden

I don't see why it wouldn't look good. It has everything going for it. Hell, it even (maybe) has
sex scenes!

I hate everything I've read about it (and also the bits I've actually read of the LN). So when the PV is actually good... NOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOO

The sex scene would never make it in, though; apparently it was only in the web release, and was removed when they pulped out the print stuff.

Thats the thing though
its a prequel that requires you to know about the other one

The prequel came after the original, so it's not an unreasonable requirement. As it is, the prequel is entirely self-contained, since it comes chronologically before F/SN. Everything you NEED to know about what is going on is explained (in excruciating detail) right at the beginning. If you WANT to know what happens after F/Z, you can go watch or read F/SN. If you don't, it stands alone pretty well as the ending is conclusive.

I know rin and illya are in the other show, but if you havent seen it (i saw maybe half of it 10 years ago) it just seems unfinished

It would have been 6 years ago at the earliest, and it's NOT finished. There's more after it, that's why it's a prequel! Did people complain about the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy this way? I mean, other than how bad it was. No one complained that you needed to watch the Original Trilogy afterward to finish the story!

Jex

I hate everything I've read about it (and also the bits I've actually read of the LN). So when the PV is actually good... NOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOO

Don't worry, I am sure the series itself will be insufferable with good production values.

Fate/Zero Spoilers
The prequel came after the original, so it's not an unreasonable requirement. As it is, the prequel is entirely self-contained, since it comes chronologically before F/SN. Everything you NEED to know about what is going on is explained (in excruciating detail) right at the beginning. If you WANT to know what happens after F/Z, you can go watch or read F/SN. If you don't, it stands alone pretty well as the ending is conclusive.
How is the ending conclusive when
Kirei(who burned down a city and declared it as just the beginning) is alive and well and Gilgamesh(a sadistic being with incredible amounts of power) has taken root in our world? And Saber has created a time paradox or some shit?

Fate/Zero Spoilers
Kirei(who burned down a city and declared it as just the beginning) is alive and well and Gilgamesh(a sadistic being with incredible amounts of power) has taken root in our world? And Saber has created a time paradox or some shit?

The ending of Fate/Zero is conclusive. F/Z was Kiritsugu Emiya's story first and foremost, and his story is concluded. Certain other characters continue on to F/SN, if you want to learn their fates (huhuhu~), you need to continue with the story into F/SN. This is not unreasonable for a prequel, especially one written after the original!

Narag

Fate/Zero Spoilers

F/Z stuff
It strikes me as conclusive as F/Z is basically Kiritsugu's story. When Kirei lets him go, that marked the end of their involvement with one another. I mean, sure it leads into the next work but that's for the next generation or some such.

F/Z

8.8/10

Excels at many things. Not so much at making believable characters imo. Saber was kinda just there (I know she is more important in fsn, but still). A lot of the fights seem... less intelligent than you'd picture with how these dudes ramble on all day (kerry vs mercury man and the last fight at batman's tech lab were the highlights for me).

Now to finally get to FSN vn. Oh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom