• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Yamamoto Yohko OVA 1 Ep.2

eE8or.jpg

Giant space billiards played with ships huh? Reminds me a lot of the asteroid game they played in Dirty Pair. Space/the future is a pretty wacky place in some sci-fi anime.

Another EP1

Just finished watching the first episode and I was quite pleased.

I loved the creepy vibe and the somewhat depressing mood you get from the visuals. The premise seems to be a bit generic (much like the character design) but at the same time I feel it's hard to screw the story up.

I hope it gets better or at least not worse.

survivor

Banned
Kore wa Zombie 9

Wow, so you introduce a new and interesting character and what do you do with her? Nothing, nothing at all.

It's so sad seeing a girl strive so hard for an indirect kiss.

Another EP1

I loved the creepy vibe and the somewhat depressing mood you get from the visuals. The premise seems to be a bit generic (much like the character design) but at the same time I feel it's hard to screw the story up.

Huhuhu~

Another EP1

I got pretty frustrated with a few of the early episodes and temporarily dropped it, but stick with it. It's an...entertaining show.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm about to start watching Angel Beats. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not.

It's fine. It's a poor mans Key series but if you're into that thing then its pretty enjoyable. Not even in the same league as something like Clannad AS but I enjoyed it none the less.

1stStrike

Banned
Le sigh. I have to go in for jury duty tomorrow. Need to load up my tablet with something to watch on the bus ride and while I'm sitting around in the juror pool doing nothing.

Uchip

Banned
Was discussing a joke Live Action of One Piece
The casting is as follows thus far

Mr2- Jim Carrey
Sanji- Di Caprio
Ace- Johnny Depp
brooke- Russel Brand
chopper - Peter Dinklage (or just cg)
Blackbeard - Jonah Hill
Franky - seth rogen
Nami - Scarlet Johanssen
Ivankov- Mike myers

pity I dont know many foreign actors or it would be easier

wonzo

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff!! 11

There was some great animation in this episode but I had to roll my eyes a bit at the romanticised spiel given by the ref about about "not playing real football".
Reika lying to her mother was gonna backfire sooner or later but still :(

I'm about to start watching Angel Beats. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not.
abeats1f.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
Bring good animu music.

The stuff works.

I'm going to load up my current PC playlist on my Zune tonight so I can listen to that during the trip. I have to sit on the bus for an hour there, which sucks. Will probably just take a taxi back home afterward to avoid the walk from the bus station and the long wait.

Bring a DS and play Phoenix Wright

I spilled beer on my DS years ago. It's been in the trash bin for a while. I just have my Zune and my Playbook, the latter of which I use for ebooks, games and videos.

Another EP1

Ignoring water animations, its pretty good to exceptional once things starts going, dont forget about episode 0.

That was the first non naruto/bleach anime that I watched and first anime blu-ray I bought, its really good, and certain gifs of it still get to me, enjoy it.

Was discussing a joke Live Action of One Piece
The casting is as follows thus far

Mr2- Jim Carrey
Sanji- Di Caprio
Ace- Johnny Depp
brooke- Russel Brand
chopper - Peter Dinklage (or just cg)
Blackbeard - Jonah Hill
Franky - seth rogen
Nami - Scarlet Johanssen

pity I dont know many foreign actors or it would be easier

Reminds me of what I used to do in a fairy tail guild for a fairy tail summer live action blockbuster movie.

I dont think you should use such old actors, why not Zac Efron for Ace and Logan Lerman for Luffy, Robert Pattinson for Sanji.

Uchip

Banned
I dont think you should use such old actors, why not Zac Efron for Ace and Logan Lerman for Luffy.

yeah theyre too old
but depp would pull off the narcolepsy perfectly
i think that was the main reasoning (plus he has experience being a pirate)

zac and logan are waaaay too white to be ace and luffy
mike myers and jim carrey roles are perfect though

Defuser

Kobato Final

Overall this shows suffers from being 2 cour which resulted the pace to be slow not to mention it failed to properly develop the relationship beween Kobato and Fujimoto despite the slow pacing. It would have benefit of being 1 cour instead and should cut out a few unnecessary fat . Although I enjoyed Hnnnghzawa's shrieks/sound and her angelic voice but overall it's average.

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 9

UarPa.png

I just chose this screen for kicks. Getting tired of all the main characters' faces.

There's some interesting imagination transitions with the
interviews. (Or at least, the first one)
The first confrontation was chuckle-worthy enough, but by
the guy with the glasses, I had already wandered off.

Also, the interviewees sure know how to "slickly" call out Oreki for acceptance and ideas. It's almost like they know he has a knack for mysteries!

The most interesting factoid was that Eru is
an unapologetic alcoholic

Which thinking on, has better potential to make a note-worthy hurdle for the group.
"Chitanda beats her parents and friends when tipsy while calling herself 'The Big Chow' ", now that's a plot headliner!

Overall on the episode, I was not engaged.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

>;D

Anyhoo

Hyouka 10:

This show totally makes up for all the stuff about being boring and everything with stellar direction. Two really quick shots tell us so much more about a character than most shows do in an entire episode. The animation continues to be amazing, and this one even had a little twist at the end. Very nice! :D

ZetaEpyon

Phew, after a quick count up it looks live I've only seen about 420 anime series/movies/OVA's. That's not too bad, I expected worse.

Just checked my MAL, and I wish I hadn't.

Going by completed only...
511 TV, 147 OVA, 71 Movie, 86 Special, 12 ONA

What have I done?!

1stStrike

Banned
genshiken6fm9fm.jpg

genshiken7n9gwj.jpg

Ah man, she deserved to get chewed out here. I hate when people don't appreciate the effort someone puts into something like this. "Oh, it's just a toy, haha"

>_<

Edit: Speaking of model kits, I think I'm going to make this mine.

littlethingsmeanalot_2215_213763677.jpg

Ginga e Kickoff 11
tumblr_m3nhapiR3b1r95xfpo1_250.jpg

Actually alright end to the match. Furuya's keeping things awesome and wow at
their dad!, didnt see that coming
. So glad we are tackling one outstanding issue already
Reika's mom, hope its resolved fast, wonder how she found out?

1stStrike

Banned
genshiken9k39u1.jpg

Let's take out all of the characters that make the anime interesting and stick the least likable character alone in a room with the female to make an awkward situation! I'm only about 12 minutes into the episode, but this has been dragging on way too long already.

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 10

I'm not really seeing the big deal about an unused prop as that ending probably turned out better than the real one would've but I'm probably just underestimating this show a bit. Hopefully it'll surprise my like the whole "Hyouka" double meaning did.

irisu > ibara
> chitanda

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 10:
...Two really quick shots tell us so much more about a character than most shows do in an entire episode...
Sometimes reading impressions about shows I don't like feels enlightening as to what people are getting out of it. Other times it gives off the feeling that people lie to themselves to boost a show up to unattainable heights.

survivor

Banned
Kore wa Zombie 10

Not a bad episode, now I can't wait till next episode for
the ultimate showdown against Chris.
Oh wait, this is the last episode, sigh

Dark Ayumu was really fun and added some good humour to the cast, too bad it was short lived. The music used in his fight against Eu was badass

--

There was a lot of wasted potential in this anime. It's definitely a much bigger improvement over the first season but it still has the same problems. None of the dramatic, sad, or serious moments ever felt real. It's like they were written by a robot. Also I kinda had some gripes with the way they explained the world, but that only annoyed me when they get to their serious moments.

Don't really regret watching it though. I like its style of humour and when they try to be crazy and funny, they generally always succeed. It's a shame they couldn't wrap up the season in a satisfying manner.

Kore wa Zombie 10

Dark Ayumu was really fun and added some good humour to the cast, too bad it was short lived. The music used in his fight against Eu was badass

That was probably my favorite character and moment of the entire season and probably anime...well other than Anderson, but still.
and all those other ayumu's

RurouniZel

Hyouka 10

I'm not really seeing the big deal about an unused prop as that ending probably turned out better than the real one would've but I'm probably just underestimating this show a bit. Hopefully it'll surprise my like the whole "Hyouka" double meaning did.

irisu > ibara
> chitanda

To this point in the show, Oreki's always been 100% right in his deductions. The little twist at the end I think was supposed to show that Oreki actually got it wrong, and that's bothering him because he was not only confident in the answer but was actually interested in solving it for the first time.

Sometimes reading impressions about shows I don't like feels enlightening as to what people are getting out of it. Other times it gives off the feeling that people lie to themselves to boost a show up to unattainable heights.

Out of curiosity, did you think my impressions were the former or latter? Because when I wrote that it was the former.

wonzo

Banned
To this point in the show, Oreki's always been 100% right in his deductions. The little twist at the end I think was supposed to show that Oreki actually got it wrong, and that's bothering him because he was not only confident in the answer but was actually interested in solving it for the first time.
Yeah, I pretty much figured that was the case. I guess I just gotta get out of my slacker "energy saving" mindset.

also, i completely agree with you on those two cuts of Satoshi but i think that says more about most shows than it does anything else~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kore wa Zombie 10

There was a lot of wasted potential in this anime. It's definitely a much bigger improvement over the first season but it still has the same problems. None of the dramatic, sad, or serious moments ever felt real. It's like they were written by a robot. Also I kinda had some gripes with the way they explained the world, but that only annoyed me when they get to their serious moments.

The show really screamed disparate manga chapters strung together by a common setting and set of characters. I suppose one could describe the episodes as "filler" if one wanted to.

Of course, I still don't understand the whole 10 episode thing and whether or not that had anything to do with what they ended up doing with the show.

RurouniZel

also, i completely agree with you on those two cuts of Satoshi but i think that says more about most shows than it does anything else~

Very true, most anime is in need of better direction and visual story/character development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom