• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

lame duels

91e05.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon S 109:

Best episode, best character, best everything, I'm blown away. It had all of the elements of a masterpiece. For instance:

Bitter Minako.

Dangerously misguided Minako.

Minako making terrifying squirrel noises after
losing her heart crystal

Really strange attack names.

When Sailor Moon is good, it's really, really good. Minako
realizing that she'd never been attacked because she doesn't have a pure heart
was an excellent follow-through on the things that have been done with her character this season. She's really the only member of the senshi that ever
expresses petty feelings and actual resentment
, so I was pleased to see that there were actually plot-relevant consequences to this. Most importantly, though, it was just plain hilarious. Doorknob daimon was the best yet, especially considering that its origin was
Eudial not being able to discern just what made Minako's heart pure, resulting in Tomoe throwing a random object into the daimon maker

If only every episode was like this one.

Sailor Moon S 110:

PWUPGl.jpg

It's an Ikuhara episode!

This is pretty much the only non-spoiler image that I can post, because..........fuuuuuuuck.

I kind of saw this coming, but, yeah, this episode was 100% plot so there's not much that I can say that isn't regurgitating the events of the episode. Mood was fantastic. This had to be the most somber episode that wasn't an arc climax. I'm always impressed at how seamlessly this show can transition between comedic and serious.

Haruka is the boss of bosses. Not even the entire forces of the Black Moon Clan could steal the ginzuishou from Usagi, yet she just rips it right off of her chest while giving no fucks. Mai hasubando <3

Since UPS took forever to bring me The Animated Movie: Dragon Age Dawn of the Seeker, I instead watched

Redline
tumblr_m3qkqq9shG1qi931eo1_500.gif

Had it since day one but somehow avoided watching it. Was almost turned off by the anthropomorphic designs, but well all the humanoid characters were interesting and creative, especially the robotic character. I thought the plot presented did the movie justice as it wasn't too deep and overly ornate but detailed enough to get me to care for Rukia, I mean Sonoshee, and for Sweet JP, Frisbee, and his mechanic. Jiraiya, I mean, the president plotline was interesting too even if really basic.

I liked the characters and all that many of them entailed. So many decent ones amongst the factions, like Superboins were funny, as well as Miki & Todoroki, the space cop, sciencey dude with Roboworld, president, and the military commander there.

Criticisms would be the pointless fanservice moment
exposed bewbies of Sonoshee in her room
, no explanation of how people were bleeding spontaneously at times, the
bioweaponry fight in the midst of racing
, awkward yet cool lack of obeying the rules of physics, and on the ending
how was that possible, but it was cool nevertheless, liked how they managed to win and the entire lead up to it, even when the mothership appeared and made the path

I also liked the commentary during the races and the introduction of each of the participants in their commercial skits. I also loved hearing so many familiar voices, Rukia from Bleach, Jiraiya, Gaara, and Pakkun from Naruto.

8/10.

Uchip

Banned
Since UPS took forever to bring me The Animated MOvies: Dragon Age Dawn of the Seeker, I instead watched

Redline

Criticisms would be the pointless fanservice moment
exposed bewbies of Sonoshee in her room
, no explanation of how people were bleeding spontaneously at times, the
bioweaponry fight in the midst of racing
, awkward yet cool lack of obeying the rules of physics, and on the ending
how was that possible, but it was cool nevertheless, liked how they managed to win and the entire lead up to it, even when the mothership appeared and made the path

8/10.

I like how you question if the ending was possible, after seeing everything else up to that point which was complete madness :p

And of course, I liked the random fanservice
it seemed in character for the movie

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 1
M1nCW.png

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide! Each Capsule monster to understand, the power that's inside
Its a fun show. There's not much else to be said about this episode. It's obviously just introducing the main 2 characters. Though the Scene in the bath got me to laugh pretty good, even if it was entirely expected. Will further watch.

Defuser

The Sacred Blacksmith 9

In this anime: People who seek to protect those they care about.
For some reason I have a soft spot for sacred blacksmith although the show is bad. Dammit manglobe, where is my season 2?

A Elsie pantsu shot....my life is ruin. I guess that's a benefit for figurine collecting, pantsu of characters that wouldn't be seen on TV.

I could never get into figurine collecting due to various reasons although I would like. But my 1/6 scales firearms/katana/swords collecting is good enough for me, one day I would take a picture of my collection.

A Elsie pantsu shot....my life is ruin. I guess that's a benefit for figurine collecting, pantsu of characters that wouldn't be seen on TV.

I could never get into figurine collecting due to various reasons although I would like. But my 1/6 scales firearms/katana/swords collecting is good enough for me, one day I would take a picture of my collection.
Now you understand why they sell so well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So what you guys are saying is that there will be no more lame duels in the future?
No there'll be more of those, but they really aren't the focus of the show as much as a plot device. Besides, it's not as if they put much into the actual fight itself as much as the presentation. It's more like a musical number than anything else.

Makoto

The Sacred Blacksmith 12 (FINAL)
iX4wYZkggUvjU.png

(Not the real subtitle)

-I will protect my friends
-Skill doesn't matter, it's about following your heart
-Villain who sits there and gives
our heroes a full 2 minutes to go over this exchange and forge a sword

and probably a bunch of other plot dismantling tropes that I didn't mention. Guilty pleasure fantasy, maybe, is the best compliment I can give it. Less than moderate amount of fanservice (wasn't expecting fanservice period from the show and it probably brought down its integrity). A female lead that proves all a girl needs is a nice man to protect her always. Seriously, were there any weak men in this show? Plenty of weak women relying on men but not the other way around. 2/5

For some reason I have a soft spot for sacred blacksmith although the show is bad.
I think I may have to agree. I'd probably be day-one on a season 2 if it was announced.

cajunator

Banned
homurapillowharem.jpg

homura gets it

Startin em out young, eh Japan?

You have better taste than most animu fans

Thanks, I suppose. I just collect figures of characters I like a lot and in poses that are cute and interesting or dynamic if possible.

Its not really a gratuitous shot. Its kind of...I guess, playful the way its executed on the Elsie figure. Like it isnt elaborately sculpted to show the folds of her butt or nether regions. its just....oh god am I discussing the detail of figurine pantsu? I should stop now.

Solune

Does anyone know if there's anything like ChatZilla for Chrome?
From the Gundam EXVS thread. http://blog.mibbit.com/?tag=chrome

That's one of the things with display figures and models. It's actually one of the reasons I had to put some of my more gratuitous ones into storage. Oh well, take what you can get, that's my motto!

cajunator

Banned
Several of my figurines come apart in a surprising number of parts to swap poses and weapons and even faces in some cases. not to the degree a nenderoid does it though.

duckroll

It sounds like they really screwed her over, if her claims are accurate. How could they start an anime adaptation without a contract?

The animation producers probably worked out a deal with her publisher and she got excluded from the process. I'm sure there was a contract with someone, just not her!

cajunator

Banned
was that show counted as harem?
if so, its probably the only one I liked

I don't really think School rumble is a harem show. Its more of a school comedy.
I find it to be pretty funny and of course Tenma-chan is adorable.
Harima is awesome as the misunderstood badass.

Dragon Age bomba.

Seems like a good price to get in!

Maybe AMZN will credit me the $2 I paid more than that...

Zetman 9

Presenting all these deep questions four episodes away from the end was odd but otherwise I think an alright episode. Effectively sunk my ship, there at the end with the
I want to be your family line
but I guess for a canon pairing that was nice
Konoha ruined her shot, kind of baffled she was swift to believe the clone there or even inquire about Jin while he was in her room that brief instant. I wish Haitani wasnt evil now

On the actual plot
I kind of felt bad for the doctor that risked his life for the Chairman, I thought these were antagonists at first but I guess they grew on me over time and I didnt want to see neither of them hurt. Hopefully the chairman can survive.

Defuser

The animation producers probably worked out a deal with her publisher and she got excluded from the process. I'm sure there was a contract with someone, just not her!

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing also but how can they even do that in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom