• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[Space Brothers] - 8

I've noticed that I find that I am not really bothered by the instanced of bad art or animation in this show when they arise because I am fully engaged with the characters and story.

cajunator

Banned
[Space Brothers] - 8

I've noticed that I find that I am not really bothered by the instanced of bad art or animation in this show when they arise because I am fully engaged with the characters and story.

Space Brothers could have totally shit art and I'd still watch it because of how charming the story is and how likeable the characters are.

Welcome to the NHK ep 3
tumblr_m4thcfCZ861qbxqfpo1_500.png

Galge seems boring so it was shocking that
he could stay hooked for like two days playing them, thought it was funny how he kept calling Kaoru, and then stumbling onto downloading 120GB of those images.
. Kaoru is great support for him I think, mean, but great and I did start to have some emotions then.
The talk about how Satou needed to change and Satou seeming to regret what he had done and spending a week and feeling guilty. And then even making Kaoru cry :( If he could only stay focused.

I think I see what you all mean about him being fascinated by her
choosing girls in the gal games that looked like Misaki...

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the NHK ep 3
tumblr_m4thcfCZ861qbxqfpo1_500.png

Galge seems boring so it was shocking that
he could stay hooked for like two days playing them, thought it was funny how he kept calling Kaoru, and then stumbling onto downloading 120GB of those images.
. Kaoru is great support for him I think, mean, but great and I did start to have some emotions then.
The talk about how Satou needed to change and Satou seeming to regret what he had done and spending a week and feeling guilty. And then even making Kaoru cry :( If he could only stay focused.

I think I see what you all mean about him being fascinated by her
choosing girls in the gal games that looked like Misaki...

Misaki is super cute so its no wonder he would. Later on Misaki does something where if I was Satou I would have nosebled all over the rug but he doesnt really react to it.
Well he REACTS to it but extremely negatively.
Satou is a shithead.

Uchip

Banned
The incest element of GoT would go down really well with the animu crowd

Misaki is super cute so its no wonder he would. Later on Misaki does something where if I was Satou I would have nosebled all over the rug but he doesnt really react to it.

I think I know which part
and the writer has obviously played a fair amount of MMO's

Queen's Blade S2 1
Basically this show is a recap of what happened last season for those who didn't watch it. Reintroducing the characters and how they view the capital city. The only new development in this episode is that Naneal is forced to join Queen's Blade as well, and that Aldra has a pact with the devil or something. Melona gets her ass kicked again.
Oh and there was tentacle rape. Not sure what that was about.

[Space Brothers] - 8

The problems that arise with the production values definitely bother me, but it's never gotten bad enough to take me out of the story.

Jex

The Duelist Kingdom arc pretty much just makes up rules as it goes along and often treats cards like objects with actual physical properties that can affect the game regardless of the play rules written on the card. Infamous examples of this are Yugi using Makiu The Magical Mist to dampen Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth so that it could be electrocuted by Summoned Skull and using Catapult Turtle to launch monsters at Castle of Dark Illusion's "floatation ring" so that it would collapse and crush the enemy monsters trapped underneath it. It's pretty ridiculous stuff.

Duels become much more realistic when you hit the Battle City arc, though throughout the series there's always fantastical hax bullshit that defies the rules of the game like the Egyptian God Cards, Seal of Oreichalcos, etc.

I am both shocked and appalled that they can't even respect the rules of the game their show is based off. Disgraceful.

I am both shocked and appalled that they can't even respect the rules of the game their show is based off. Disgraceful.

I'm not so sure there was even a locked ruleset when that arc happened in the manga. I doubt Takahashi could have predicted him screwing around with a children's supernatural card game would turn into a humongous franchise with an actual TCG.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I wasn't actually complaining or even criticizing, just pointing out the differences between how the game works in the first season and later seasons. I'm the last person who would take this kind of thing seriously.

cajunator

Banned
Can't wait to brush my thumbs over them before stroking my blue beard.

Makes panties drop like Newton's apples.

I knid of wonder if its posts like this one that make most of otherGAF run screaming out of this thread. Even though its not a serious comment at all.
Kind of hilarious to think about.

Jex

Let's see, I recognize:

Stocking
Girl from TWGOK
Saber
Kuroneko
Girl from To Love Ru
Hatsune Miku
Catgirl from Rick's Bread
Senjougahara
Momohime
Dark magician girl
Girl from Mahoromatic
YAMADA!!!
Pink dawg from Dawg Dayz
Meduka
Hot sister from Ah My Goddess
Hanekawa
Some other chick from AMG
Girl from Galaxy Angel
Homura
Holo/Horo/Korbo
Paper sisters
Girl from He Is My Master
Loli vampire from Tsukuyomi

What's my score?
You watch too much anime.

To be fair, there are some loose rules during Duelist Kingdom. One of the main ones was no direct damage.

And I don't know about the timeline of Yugioh enough to guess if the card game was actual a thing when this was first done or if it came afterwards or developed concurrently.

It's more of the silly obivious stuff they are breaking, like playing a monster card as a magic card or making up some silly effect off a normal monster.

Uchip

Banned
I knid of wonder if its posts like this one that make most of otherGAF run screaming out of this thread. Even though its not a serious comment at all.
Kind of hilarious to think about.

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite forums, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.

cajunator

Banned
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite forums, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.

Being normal is suffering. We will assimilate.

Kazzy

The incest element of GoT would go down really well with the animu crowd

I think I know which part
and the writer has obviously played a fair amount of MMO's

GOT in anime form could simultaneously be the best/worst thing to happen.

I don't think the disproportionately high death rate of seemingly important characters would go down all too well though.

cajunator

Banned
GOT in anime form could simultaneously be the best/worst thing to happen.

I don't think the disproportionately high death rate of seemingly important characters would go down all too well though.

Lots of animu does that.
Given a long enough timeframe probably most characters will get killed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom