• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, fun usually involves things like creative, high-energy visuals and direction that are actually fun. Upotte is "fun" if you're new to anime maybe, otherwise it's just more non-amusing perv crap.
I was more pointing out the fact he hates K-ON! but whatever...

cajunator

Banned
I wish I can do that. Every week, I find a new anime to watch so my backlog is always expanding.

You aint kiddin.
Its even worse when you are actively buying shows. It really doesn't have an end.
Every season there are at least a couple shows I want to see. this season is particularly devious.

What have I got myself into. I'm at the Kon, Puss in Boots and ValkChronicles art-book in bag, waiting in a long line for
my first masque/cosplay event ever
Brentalfloss to play. I'm not surprised that the convention's moving to the largest hotel in Dallas next year. The Sheraton's just too damn crowded to have as much fun here as I used to. I stopped by the Discotek dealer to make the most of their good prices, and then I was off and away. At least I got a Brentalfloss autograph, first in line after his morning panel to get an early admittance.

AnimeFEST will be better. Great management, same hotel with less-than-half this many people, and frickin' Kojo Morimoto as the big kahuna. Fuck yeah.

Soma

i feel like i'm the only one who likes Hanekawa.

the megane + pigtail combo = my weakness

:(

but Shinobu was the best thing about Nisemonogatari

Instro

I dunno, fun usually involves things like creative, high-energy visuals and direction that are actually fun. Upotte is "fun" if you're new to anime maybe, otherwise it's just more non-amusing perv crap.

Only pizzaroll approved forms of entertainment are allowed in this thread.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fate/Zero 22

That was fun. The last episode before the final battle.

I don't think I like Waver as much as the rest of GAF, but Rider is as awesome as a Servant can be. And then we have Saber, Archer, and Berserker... They're probably the four best Servants in the entire franchise, and they're finally getting together for some tense murder scenes. I can't wait.

The temple finally showing up in this episode made me smile.

I think (FSN spoilers)
we've already seen all the important locations from stay night. The temple, the church, Shirou's house... Oh, and since we're talking about stay night... I'm hoping that we'll get to see a little bit of Shirou before the end of the last episode. Other than the rescue scene's Shirou, I mean.

Every single thing about the preview tells us that
next week's episode will show Rider's final moments.
The imagery, the voiceover, and even the title.

what
no
he needed to die for the story to progress
im glad they didn't cop out and do some bullshit where he lives

Whitebeard was the only one needed to die. Shoring that the old age of piracy was over and the new age had begun. Ace living would have been good, it was pretty depressing and tragic and made Luffy, the protagonist fail. It was as intense and emotional Naruto and Sasuke at the end of part one. I like when protagonists are successful. I also hate seeing cool characters meet terrible fates :(

Uchip

Banned
It's not but whatever

well the amusing part is subjective
but its definitely perv-crap :p

Whitebeard was the only one needed to die. Shoring that the old age of piracy was over and the new age had begun. Ace living would have been good, it was pretty depressing and tragic and made Luffy, the protagonist fail. It was as intense and emotional Naruto and Sasuke at the end of part one. I like when protagonists are successful. I also hate seeing cool characters meet terrible fates :(

Luffy needed to fail, and badly
there had to be a trigger for his training/timeskip
winning all the time is boring

I don't agree with pizzaroll on much
but Upotte is very much as he described there

URBPB.gif

survivor

Banned
One Piece spoilers

You know
even if Ace survived, he wouldn't join Luffy. Ace will probably try to accomplish Whitebeard's wish and become the pirate king.

Kazzy

Luffy needed to fail, and badly
there had to be a trigger for his training/timeskip
winning all the time is boring

But isn't winning and losing, and then losing and winning always par for the course? Or is One-Piece really more boring that it sounds?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon S 121:

6vS3il.jpg

Yes, yes, Hotaru has cuteness potential.

Tomoe am cry. The Death Busters scheme that's come closest to success so far didn't even use a Daimon! However, RIP Telulu after just one episode. Flame that burns brightest burns fastest etc etc. Once again, another surprisingly-brutal death for a villain.

Poor Kaorinite. Tomoe really sucks at making women feel appreciated.

Sailor Moon S 122:

XmmATl.jpg

The internet stole my pure heart years ago. It's not so bad.

The writers finally woke up and realized that Ami had gone much longer without an episode than any of the other cast, but she had an academics episode YET AGAIN, even while shoving lots of plot into the episode. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No one has any idea what to do with her character. She's pretty much taken the place that Minako had in the first two seasons. It's kind of sad.

Only good part was
the minion's nanomachine bracelet thing backfiring on her and Ami basically saying "you reap what you sow, bitch!" No mercy whatsoever.

I've probably asked this before, but why exactly does Ami go to an average public school when she's supposedly the smartest student in Japan? When there's an academy for geniuses right in her neighborhood, these are important questions.

cajunator

Banned
its hard to have fun when you're doped up on meds
however, I don't think ecchi is in my definition of fun
maybe 10 years ago when I was a horny teenager

I remember finding Love Hina to be fun...

Ecchi is just silly pointless entertainment for me. Its pretty much just another genre to watch and I definitely don't take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom