• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he knows he would die if he strayed too far. :p

Maybe this is an old anime thing, but outside of love triangle angst (and triangles aren't harems), I can't really think of a show that is both a harem but also where the guy has already chosen a girl early on (and that girl is the canon/only choice).

Perhaps all those Key animes are like that, I dunno.

The fact that the guy usually doesn't make a choice in most harem shows is a pretty good reason to me to think that any decision he does make don't matter. It's always the girls doing whatever they want anyway. Having a lead that actually makes a choice doesn't change that.

cj_iwakura

Rewatching Ranma season 2, it seems pretty evident that he really only cares about Akane, and just uses the other girls as he needs to further his plans(or lack thereof).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
And, one of the first things that Arararararararararagi-toothbrush-kun does is choose Senjou. The characters all joke about the harem and the relationship diagrams, but it seems clear that, with either long hair or short hair, Senjou is the one.

In my opinion he should've been paired with
Kanbaru

Or
Karen :D

Jintor

"Choosing a girl" isn't the same as being the show's "Designated girl", right? It's clear pretty much straight off in Love Hina that Naru's the main girl but the joy is in the journey. The long, convoluted journey.

NeonZ

Accel World 9

It's so fucking weird that this show isn't based off an actual online game. It is pretty much yugioh but mmo instead of tcg.

Yugioh also wasn't originally based on a real TCG though - they made one later because the series was successful. That's why in earlier episodes even of the second anime you get stuff like blowing up the moon as a valid command.

Jarmel

Banned
In my opinion he should've been paired with
Kanbaru

Or
Karen :D

That's the best thing about Senjou, he gets Kanbaru as a bonus.

No clue, sorry. :(I know I've said this a million times already, but Snow Black has issues. I really don't find it hard to believe that a girl like her would develop feelings for a dude like him.

And I don't really care whether the harem aspect is realistic or not because I don't care about the harem aspect to begin with. Unfortunately.

Oh she definitely has mental issues. The whole damn cast does.

Maybe this is an old anime thing, but outside of love triangle angst (and triangles aren't harems), I can't really think of a show that is both a harem but also where the guy has already chosen a girl early on (and that girl is the canon/only choice).

Perhaps all those Key animes are like that, I dunno.

Key animes and games aren't really harems because of the whole route deal in that the player can actually choose who they want to be with and the anime has arcs. Sekirei is a perfect example of the male choosing fairly early on and the women still going after him.

Jarmel

Banned
"Choosing a girl" isn't the same as being the show's "Designated girl", right? It's clear pretty much straight off in Love Hina that Naru's the main girl but the joy is in the journey. The long, convoluted journey.

He chose poorly too.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Senjou may be designated girl but
Shinobu
will be the ultimate victor.

1KNFa.gif

jman2050

Fate/Zero 22

Is it next Saturday yet?

Waver and Rider are the broest of bros. I salute them. Also next week Rider vs Goldie fffffffff

Iri noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;_;

(dat smile at the end)

Accel World 09
53GD7.gif

We're getting closer to a harem anime.
More explanation going on, at least it explains what we saw last week or something. The memory flashback was decent and I do like the
Green King's
design.

I was surprised that people are hating on this anime. Then again, I'd probably catch a lot of hate for spaming all the episodes of One Piece I've been watching.
Good Bye Asce

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 1

This was interesting. Senjougahara is definitely a top tier waifu from her interactions with Araragi in this episode. She is already way better than boring glasses girl. Oh yeah, these random zoomed in shots of eyes and noses vary between pointless to why the fuck do I need to see that. The greatest surprise was that for an anime that was just about people standing and talking, I never felt bored throughout the episode. Definitely hope they can keep this up.

I love the song used in the ED. I have definitely heard it before and now I'm curious if it was used in some other anime before.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I was surprised that people are hating on this anime. Then again, I'd probably catch a lot of hate for spaming all the episodes of One Piece I've been watching.
Good Bye Asce

No anime is off limits here when it comes to posting impressions. You'll find that a surprising number of animegaf members are One Piece fans, anyway!

jman2050

Bakemonogatari 1

This was interesting. Senjougahara is definitely a top tier waifu from her interactions with Araragi in this episode. She is already way better than boring glasses girl. Oh yeah, these random zoomed in shots of eyes and noses vary between pointless to why the fuck do I need to see that. The greatest surprise was that for an anime that was just about people standing and talking, I never felt bored throughout the episode. Definitely hope they can keep this up.

I love the song used in the ED. I have definitely heard it before and now I'm curious if it was used in some other anime before.

You're going to either love this show or absolutely despise it. I couldn't even begin to predict which it'll be.

Ultimadrago

Good Bye Asce

In response to your One Piece spoilers:
And good riddance.

wingz

Fate/Zero 22

The next few episodes better be worth all this build up. Judging from the preview, hopefully it delivers.

7Th

Rewatching Ranma season 2, it seems pretty evident that he really only cares about Akane, and just uses the other girls as he needs to further his plans(or lack thereof).

Ranma doesn't say "NO" to the other girls because he likes feeling like the biggest pimp in the world; that's all there is to it, really. He obviously has feelings for Akane, but he loves his huge ego even more.

Kazzy

No anime is off limits here when it comes to posting impressions. You'll find that a surprising number of animegaf members are One Piece fans, anyway!

And Shonen is the anime equivalent of comfort-food after all.

I'm contemplating giving Bleach another whirl *sigh*

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fate/Zero 22

Really good episode. But damn it my Iri! I loved the moment between Waver and Rider before they departed for their final battle, comrades till the end.

Kotomine Kirei is such a bastard I hope his death is slow and painful.

NewFresh

Ranma doesn't say "NO" to the other girls because he likes feeling like the biggest pimp in the world; that's all there is to it, really. He obviously has feelings for Akane, but he loves his huge ego even more.

Ranma is all about indulging himself in the admiration of others (Male or female).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 9

A harem episode with some serious stuff sprinkled over it.

Cartman is at the same time the worst and the best harem master in anime history.

This Chrome Disaster stuff is an example of why I enjoy .hack// and other MMO-based manga/anime franchises. The prospect of a virtual reality that isn't limited by patch notes and paid DLCs, in which crazy shit like that happens... It's just awesome, hahaha.
Because of it, next week's could be a pretty cool episode.
Shit probably won't get really serious, though, because there's still one haremette left. Well, two, technically, since Cartman doesn't remember anything about Aqua Current.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bakemonogatari 1

Senjou is forever the best waifu,
episode 12 is the best episode.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bakemonogatari 1

The second arc of the show is sleep-inducing. I haven't watched the rest yet, though.

But, yeah, Senjougahara tore is what drives me forward.

Westlo

This is a given. In her loli form, she's perfect because Ararararagi is a pedophile and in her adult form she has big boobs which he likes too.

This reminds me of a doujin I read... by the same guy who did the Nadeko twister one... anyway I hope Kizu converts some Hitagi fans to one of Kisshot (though Nise prob already did this for some like myself, bring on Kabukimonogatari SHAFT, I need to see this!) or Class Pres....

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This reminds me of a doujin I read... by the same guy who did the Nadeko twister one... anyway I hope Kizu converts some Hitagi fans to one of Kisshot (though Nise prob already did this for some like myself, bring on Kabukimonogatari SHAFT, I need to see this!) or Class Pres....

Funny, because Kizu pretty much confirms the Class Pres
as the worst, most insane character of them all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon S 111:

I really can't post any other image of this episode without potentially spoiling things for people who are behind me in their watchthroughs, so here's a halfway-cute image of Chibiusa.

Sailor Pluto transformation sequence FUCK YEAAAAAAHHHHH. I thought that she was eternally trapped in the Hall of Time or whatever it is, though. She has a human alter ego? Huh.

Puu-chan had the third talisman from the beginning and knew it? loooooool. And yet, she had no inclination whatsoever that her fellow Outer Senshi might have the other two talismans? Seems unlikely.

USAGI GOES SUPER SENSHIJIN LV2. So that's why there are so many glowing butterflies in the OP. I don't think that the new costume looks so great, but eh, whatever.

RIP Eudial, if it's any consolation I'm sure the squeaky bitch that replaced you is next very soon.

Sailor Moon S 112:

xBqbPl.jpg

You can't watch this episode and then not post the image of
showdown at the senshi corral
, but I do want to preserve some of the cool visual moments for people who haven't seen them yet.

New
Bitches 5 girl on the front lines
, new
daimon strategy
, new
almost certainly important character
, new
attack
!
Rainbow Moon Heartache
is kind of a dumb name for
the attack, and it really makes some bleep bloop toy noises
, but you gotta
fund more of the series
somehow.

Everything else about the episode was pretty standard in spite of all of thWAIT IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS AT THE END? FFFFFFFFFFUUUU-

Sailor Moon S 113:

19EBFl.jpg

Makoto, your boke is showing.

Okay, Hito, you win. Chibiusa is tolerable. However, this episode gave me several counter-images to use against skepticalusagi.jpg, so watch out!

This episode was finally back to antics, and, surprisingly, they were genuinely fun Chibiusa antics. My original fear had been that she was going to become Usagi #2 or that she was going to continually need to be bailed out of danger, but this hasn't exactly become the case. She's beginning to develop her own personality, and while that personality does resemble Usagi's in some ways, the big difference between the two is that Chibiusa exhibits age-appropriate immaturity while Usagi exhibits a childish immaturity unbefitting her age. Chibiusa is otherwise generally level-headed, and as such is pretty good at getting under Usagi's skin.

Also, whoever was involved in the writing of this episode had some really negative experiences in the manga industry.

Sailor Moon S 114:

oH5oEl.jpg

MINAKO <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Well, this was certainly a Minako episode, but it lacked a lot of the humor that accompanies good Minako episodes. I suppose it was an exploration of her desire to be loved and adored and whatnot, but there have already been so many gimmick "x character enters y contest" episodes in the series that I can't enjoy this particular plot anymore. Poor Minako, the non-notable episode directors just don't know what to do with you.

dPfsfl.jpg

No comment.

Man, Mimete is really easily distracted. Did she spend her entire life in the sewer before joining Death Busters? Given that we're more than halfway through the season
and there are STILL three more minions yet to be introduced, I don't predict that Mimete has much more time to fawn over celebrities

Westlo

Funny, because Kizu pretty much confirms the Class Pres
as the worst, most insane character of them all.

I don't like her that much tbh and she's probably tied with Mayoi for my least fav... but I'm talking more in
"screentime" going forward
for the series. I mean I know a lot of novel readers were dumbfounded that SHAFT showed off
Hitagi's new haircut
considering how long it took them to see it for the first time.

Branduil

Fate/Zero 22

Is that you
Rei?

Well, the build-up to the final showdown continues to be handled masterfully, so that's a good sign. If the show is going to screw up it won't be until to the climax.
Iri's "death" was really anticlimactic, so I was glad that she's apparently not done yet. Being a homunculus is suffering.

Waver really has matured from being around Rider. Dynamic character development is so rare in anime that it's really pleasant to see here. Those two could carry their own show.
It's really going to suck when they die.

/XX/

I wonder how many pictures they've gone through since they started having a top page illustration.
i think there's a website that's archived all of their topsite images but i can't remember the link for it :(
Index of /dump/gainaxtoppage
http://drinian.org/dump/gainaxtoppage/

There is also the helpful visual gallery from AchtungAffen's website Rei Liberation Parade (http://www.reiliberationparade.com.ar/downloads/galerias/galeria_7/galeria_7_p01.htm), but that hasn't been actualized on a long time.

Remember that, even if it doesn't conserve the images at their full resolution, the 'Toppage Gallery' section on the official site GAINAX NET presents all of them with a date of publishing, and also descriptions by the author or additional information (http://www.gainax.co.jp/gallery/).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon S 115:

For the most part, that was a really slow episode. I can't believe that something as simple as
Chibiusa visits Hotaru -> Hotaru collapses -> Chibiusa and Usagi take Hotaru to the hospital
took half or more of the episode, but there were a lot of loooooong glances and silences. I get it,
Hotaru is sickly
. Even the Daimon fight only served to underscore what we already knew about Hotaru, with the only actual development being that
everyone finally witnessed her power
. It was kind of a nothing episode.

With the creepiest Daimon yet, to boot:

Sailor Moon S 116:

P066Fl.jpg

Meanwhile, at Ikuhara's house...

This was another middling episode, and something's gotta give with
Hotaru
soon. I'm spoiled enough on the true identities of characters to know that
Hotaru eventually becomes Sailor Saturn
, so I suppose that
they have to give her some screen time beforehand somehow
. Hopefully after all of this
messiah of silence
stuff is over with
she becomes a more interesting character, but Hito has warned me about SuperS so things aren't looking good

Index of /dump/gainaxtoppage
http://drinian.org/dump/gainaxtoppage/

There is also the helpful visual gallery from AchtungAffen's website Rei Liberation Parade (http://www.reiliberationparade.com.ar/downloads/galerias/galeria_7/galeria_7_p01.htm), but that hasn't been actualized on a long time.

Remember that, even if it doesn't conserve the images at their full resolution, the 'Toppage Gallery' section on the official site GAINAX NET presents all of them with a date of publishing, and also descriptions by the author or additional information (http://www.gainax.co.jp/gallery/).
jUPQ8Ifsl9rh6.jpg

This is amazing.

Articalys

Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari hasn't been used anywhere else, but there have been several other supercell/Nagi collaborations.

Also, congratulations on recognizing the song as one of the best ending themes ever.

wingz

Kuroko's Basketball 09

Great episode and exciting turn of events.

I gotta say the soundtrack fits this anime so well. Especially in the "action scenes".

survivor

Banned
Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari hasn't been used anywhere else, but there have been several other supercell/Nagi collaborations.

Also, congratulations on recognizing the song as one of the best ending themes ever.

Ooh it's supercell. I have listened to one of their albums before, I must have recognized the song from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom