• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of Gekijou 01-05
NDfZ7.gif

These are basically 5 minutes of so short crossover stories that were part of some terrible Tales game or something. I dunno, but crossover and short stories made it a decent watch.
It was taking character traits and pretty much blowing them up to make jokes which is fun. So we got:
I'll protect everything everywhere MAMORU! Asbel
Tsun tsun Leon
Let's eat! Ried
Cool as hell Yuri
It's a fun watch and crossover Tales are usually better without some silly story bogging it down.

Gundam Age 34

The change in the OP hints at it...It got so epic. Finally they granted my wish this gen with
Asemu coming back and finally be actually epic for a non x-rounder, a super pilot. He has the coolest suit design this gen too!

Steroyd

Aquarion Evol - 23

rage.gif

So according to unreliable people on the internet
the male leads are reincarnations of a single dog
? Really?

KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIII

Well I was going to have a gander at the last 2 episodes for the sake of closure, but consider me jumping back in one episode earlier than planned.

What do you mean? I would say it has already turned out to be amazing. Can it only go up from here?

After episode 3 it went onto a bit of downtime. But it sounds like it's coming back to form.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 64
SXkza.jpg

How can anyone hate poor Chibiusa :(

Surprisingly, this was a Chibiusa episode, not a Mako episode. At least it was a big step up from 63!

9mXZO.jpg

Ami's hair was particularly well drawn all through this episode

The badguys
have discovered the fact that The Rabbit hates lightning and thunder, and so they summon a storm droid for the episode. Of course, Usagi hates storms too. Nonetheless, it turns out that it really is Chibiusa, not Usagi, who they're looking for.

pVbBh.jpg

Usagi, you're supposed to act older than Chibiusa. :(

Chibiusa
manages to be brave enough to seem strong while the rest of her elementary classmates slowly leave the school, but as Usagi is delayed by the storm, Chibiusa panics before Usagi can reach her, and bolts from the school. she also keeps worrying about her parents, and implies that she's time traveled to get here - this could get quite interesting!

pU1XY.jpg

Of course,
Usagi has to team up with Mamoru to eventually find Chibiusa - right under the house where all the rest of the Sailers are taking a break. Chibiusa is so scared that she uses a magical key to try to get back to where she originally came from, but it doesn't work. Instead, cue a weird antigravity field, which seems designed solely to give the viewer Chibiusa pantyshots.

FUUjK.jpg

No Usagi, that's the wrong thing to do. :(

In the end, Tuxedo Mask saves the day, and Chibiusa refuses to talk about her past, instead opting to stick with Tuxedo Mask, who was the only one to stick up for her.

e3a36.jpg

Chibiusa's past
or future - who knows with time travel? is clearly a big part of this arc, and with her adamant refusal to explain what's going on, I wonder how long it will take to really find out?

NeonZ

That R2-D2 knockoff?

R2-D2 is the knockoff. The original Yamato series was from 74 and Analyzer was there...

I don't understand why the Yamato looks like a last gen American naval ship. It seems awkward for space travel and fighting. Also some of the minor details regarding it and its development was odd The wave motion energy from the other group of aliens was interesting, however how in the world wasn't it enough to power the ship to blastoff. All the energy on Earth is needed to send it into flight? Thats extreme. Im also curious if they have beam shields and other barriers..

I haven't watched the remake yet beyond the first half of the first episode (and they seemed to be following the original's script pretty closely there). In the original, they explained right after its introduction that it was built using the carcass of the original Yamato (a WWII Japanese ship) as a cover. That's why it has that shape. Kind of a weak reason, but I guess it just comes from Leiji Matsumoto, the designer, enjoying retro-futuristic style, like the space train in another one of his series...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Mysterious Girlfriend X 5 - Y'know, one thing I've noticed about this show. Is that compared to most romcoms I've seen recently; there is a clear focus on the main couple, without a assortment of supporting characters taking away screen-time from them. It's kind of refreshing actually, especially since their interactions together are so good.

R2-D2 is the knockoff. The original Yamato series was from 74 and Analyzer was there...

I haven't watched the remake yet beyond the first half of the first episode (and they seemed to be following the original's script pretty closely there). In the original, they explained right after its introduction that it was built using the carcass of the original Yamato (a WWII Japanese ship) as a cover. That's why it has that shape. Kind of a weak reason, but I guess it just comes from Leiji Matsumoto, the designer, enjoying retro-futuristic style, like the space train in another one of his series...

Thanks. I guess that makes it impressive that it has some real world inspiration.

Bakemonogatari Eps. 1 and 2

This is my second attempt to watch this series, first time was back in 2009. I only made it through the third episode back then. From the visuals to the dialogue, this show tries way too damn hard and has little to show for it. I'll admit that
Senjōgahara's backstory got some emotion out of me, but it was undeserved.
I think I see what they were trying to do with the second episode thematically, but they failed. All of the fanservice crap would have been better if it had actually been well animated.

1stStrike

Banned
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 ep 2
tumblr_m51xcuRlsi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I still like how the explosions look, even better in motion. It's a shame the aliens did that to Earth but rather impressed how Earth managed to cope and still have some defense forces. Wouldn't aliens with interstellar travel have more advanced planes that cant be taken down with fighter jets?

tumblr_m51yoty52p1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The drama and intensity is high. I was wrong on where I though Kodai would be in terms of positions
Tactical Officer and not first in command
, but all the crew and relations are pretty nice. I hope their interactions and development is really focused upon. That R2-D2 knockoff?

tumblr_m51yxvUa9Y1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I don't understand why the Yamato looks like a last gen American naval ship. It seems awkward for space travel and fighting. Also some of the minor details regarding it and its development was odd
The wave motion energy from the other group of aliens was interesting, however how in the world wasn't it enough to power the ship to blastoff. All the energy on Earth is needed to send it into flight? Thats extreme. Im also curious if they have beam shields and other barriers.

The music makes the anime so retro feeling, like its from the shows of the 1970s and before, wayyy before my time. But it kind of fits oddly. Ep3 hurry.

I just watched episodes 1 and 2 of this. Really like where it's going (didn't watch the original series) and I suspect it's going to be a very gripping and suspenseful show. The combat looks good (the old school naval battleship is a bit out of place) and I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

Depending on how things go I may watch the original, but I'd be down if they reanimated more of the series.

Andrew J.

Hyouka 07

At least the mystery this time around rose to the level of a Scooby-Doo episode's.

Also, dat manservice. I wonder if
Houtarou's butt
will be uncensored on the Blu-Rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom