• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Bakemonogatari 2

oh my god, Senjougahara is the bestest waifu ever, her banter with Araragi in the beginning was amazing.
Then the sad flashback happened near the end and I started crying too :(

I don't like all these references they are making about Araragi past adventures. It just makes me want to go back and finish reading Kizumonogatari but I'd rather just wait for the movie.

So next arc is the snail one, does that mean I will see less of Senjougahara?

Senjou is why Bake > Nise.

By a good goddamned country mile.

trejo

BTW, one thing I forgot to mention about MGX 9. So,
apparently it's okay for Urabe to share some spit with any guy who expresses interest in her to see if there's a 'connection' or with any girl who gives her food but Tsubaki isn't even allowed to ogle at pictures of girls? Girls who look just like her, even.

Yeah, this relationship is definitely too one-sided.

I don't have to. Fang girls are automatically terrible.

I hope you see the error of your ways someday.

NewFresh

It's two hours, but it will be two of the most "enlightening" hours of your life!

Ck6ij.jpg

You're starting to start like a Scientology recruiter! :p

Dresden

BTW, one thing I forgot to mention about MGX 9. So,
apparently it's okay for Urabe to share some spit with any guy who expresses interest in her to see if there's a 'connection' or with any girl who gives her food but Tsubaki isn't even allowed to ogle at pictures of girls? Girls who look just like her, even.

Yeah, this relationship is definitely too one-sided.
That's why Urabe is less cool than the Best Girl.

Lain

Kuroko's Basket 9

The meat of the episode, the seniors
being able to hold their own and not simply get carried by Kuroko/Kagami
was good, but the action in game left a lot to be desired, with plays that didn't look as exciting as they should have, as far as I'm concerned. I hope they are conserving the budget to give us a really exciting match in the future.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fate/Zero 22:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFDKPJSIFJRIPEFGNJIEFJGEHJFEPSDJFORGLJGMOVBRPFDSGJLFRVFIODPGJLVRFDMGIPVOFJDVL;FMGPGOJVFD;XCGMVCIPXGVJK;DFXCFLIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCJKKKKKKKKKKKKKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIKOTOMIENTIRGTHIHNJTIFGHDIGHJRIGHDFIGHFDGFDJIJRD

Rider and Waver's numbers are up next week, those were totally swords from the Gate of Babylon piercing Waver's command seal in the PV. I don't know if I can handle it, especially after what the show did with Waver's character this episode. If you don't see me for a few days after the next episode, it's because I don't have the strength or will to get out of bed. Or I've just up and died of grief.

Kuroko's Basket 9

The meat of the episode, the seniors
being able to hold their own and not simply get carried by Kuroko/Kagami
was good, but the action in game left a lot to be desired, with plays that didn't look as exciting as they should have, as far as I'm concerned. I hope they are conserving the budget to give us a really exciting match in the future.

GOM matches episodes are probably only when we will the best out of production.

Dresden

Fate/Zero 22:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFDKPJSIFJRIPEFGNJIEFJGEHJFEPSDJFORGLJGMOVBRPFDSGJLFRVFIODPGJLVRFDMGIPVOFJDVL;FMGPGOJVFD;XCGMVCIPXGVJK;DFXCFLIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCJKKKKKKKKKKKKKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIKOTOMIENTIRGTHIHNJTIFGHDIGHJRIGHDFIGHFDGFDJIJRD

Rider and Waver's numbers are up next week, those were totally swords from the Gate of Babylon piercing Waver's command seal in the PV. I don't know if I can handle it, especially after what the show did with Waver's character this episode. If you don't see me for a few days after the next episode, it's because I don't have the strength or will to get out of bed. Or I've just up and died of grief.

Waver's given up his command seals, though. I'd interpret that as Gilgamesh piercing those three ambitions that Waver articulated and commanded Rider to fulfill: to win the grail, conquer the world, etc.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fate/Zero 22:

Waver giving up his Command Seals pretty much guarantees that he will survive.

On the other hand, Rider will die.

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 3

My god what an awful OP, such a letdown.

Having an entire episode about Araragi and Senjou talking about random nonsense was great. And then Araragi went out and started smacking little kids, smh

Mayoi looks like a fine addition and the preview made it imply she is more of a comedic character, I seriously hope she has no fanservice.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bakemonogatari 3

Having an entire episode about Araragi and Senjou talking about random nonsense was great. And then Araragi went out and started smacking little kids, smh

Mayoi looks like a fine addition and the preview made it imply she is more of a comedic character, I seriously hope she has no fanservice.

Never watch Nise, then. :p

Dresden

Bakemonogatari 3

Well, there are more exploitable lolis in Bakemono.

Dresden

Live up to your username, survivor.

It's also funny how we all thought the snake-girl arc was the nadir of the show, but then Nise came along . . .

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 ep 2
tumblr_m51xcuRlsi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I still like how the explosions look, even better in motion. It's a shame the aliens did that to Earth but rather impressed how Earth managed to cope and still have some defense forces. Wouldn't aliens with interstellar travel have more advanced planes that cant be taken down with fighter jets?

tumblr_m51yoty52p1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The drama and intensity is high. I was wrong on where I though Kodai would be in terms of positions
Tactical Officer and not first in command
, but all the crew and relations are pretty nice. I hope their interactions and development is really focused upon. That R2-D2 knockoff?

tumblr_m51yxvUa9Y1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I don't understand why the Yamato looks like a last gen American naval ship. It seems awkward for space travel and fighting. Also some of the minor details regarding it and its development was odd
The wave motion energy from the other group of aliens was interesting, however how in the world wasn't it enough to power the ship to blastoff. All the energy on Earth is needed to send it into flight? Thats extreme. Im also curious if they have beam shields and other barriers.

The music makes the anime so retro feeling, like its from the shows of the 1970s and before, wayyy before my time. But it kind of fits oddly. Ep3 hurry.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ehh, I don't like that the kid is being downplayed so much. To keep it short, I get his brother was a super talented player. He's alive thanks to him and I want to see him, not magic brother heart stuff on the field thank you. Animation leaves me something to be desired too. I watch and just roll my eyes. Man someone get more Giant Killing please.

To be fair, that gif is of Araki, not of Kakeru all Subaru-possessed or whatever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Waver's given up his command seals, though. I'd interpret that as Gilgamesh piercing those three ambitions that Waver articulated and commanded Rider to fulfill: to win the grail, conquer the world, etc.

Have the command spells in the PV changed form as Masters have used them? I would suppose that if they exclusively represented Masters and not the Master/Servant duo as a whole, there wouldn't even be a symbol to use for Waver now. What exactly the imagery in the preview represents is certainly up for debate, but the near-certainty that a.) Rider will battle Gilgamesh next episode, b.) Rider has to lose for story reasons, and c.) Waver has chosen to ride into battle with Rider in spite of his "grandfather's" warning and will be in dangerously-close proximity to the Kirei/Archer murderous psychopath duo all don't bode well for Waver's survival.

This is total baseless speculation, but probably the most likely scenario for Waver being able to survive is for Rider to die protecting him. Using his final Ionioi Hetairoi is going to drain the rest of his mana, and with his last bit of strength I wouldn't be surprised if he made a final speech on friendship, materialized his chariot one more time, and threw Waver into it to give him a quick escape. Otherwise, the second that Rider dematerializes after defeat, Waver gets run through by Kirei's knives or Gil's swords for evil lulz. If they can come up with another scenario that enables Waver to survive, I'll be pleased. I certainly don't want him to die, but if this series has made one point so far, it's that when you play the game of thrones participate in the holy grail war, you win or you die.

cajunator

Banned
Indeed.

Nisemono took what Bakemono did to levels I never thought possible.

I haven't actually watched Nise aside from episode 8, but it definitely doesn't look very promising. Is there any redeeming qualities to iT? Everybody talks about this Shinobu characters pretty highly so maybe that arc is watchable.

cajunator

Banned
I expected your autograph to have more sparkles and hearts.

Just got started watching the first two episodes of Sankarea. Is this really DEEN? Show rocks so far.

It is definitely DEEN. But apparently the REAL Deen shows up later. I haven't ventured that far into it yet to know for myself.

/XX/

Being /XX/ is suffering...
Now you understand my appreciation for El-Melloi, if at least I had a lovable Mercury Moeblob-chan to curl with on those sad moments...

Hasn't anime taught you that getting your hopes up only leads to disappointment? :(
"Hope is the last thing to lose" and all that things some say, but nobody warns you about how much it hurts the wait!

My gifs and other stuff are even in Japan quite famous.

http://animeng.blog5.fc2.com/blog-entry-910.html

many are from me
Even taking into account your good contributions you should make a name of yourself. Look at swiss guy, he is the new hotness... those legs, man.

Nah! Keep up the good work, PdotMichael, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom