• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Sengoku Basara S2 1

rao1kpol.jpg

Yessssssssss

Initially I thought they were abusing various technique to give Hideoyshi a sense of power and strength such as the sound effects when he was was walking

vM6fErVl.jpg

IjXcWk1l.jpg

Or the camera always pointing up towards him to make him appear huge

RbvqBJQl.jpg

or a shot like the above where he's next to someone else but closer to the camera so appears to be larger.

OPJLXpRl.jpg

Nah, turns out he's just really really big after all. Shame on me for expecting subtlety!

Man, it's almost unfair that Toyotomi Hideyoshi is following up Wakamoto's Nobunaga. In any other series, he'd take center stage after he's sold as powerful enough to make everyone from S1 take pause.

survivor

Banned
Garden of Words:

Shinkai's best looking film yet. Too bad my client crashes when I try to seek or else I'd post some screencaps.

Story was okay, typical Shinkai although I wish it had a "happy ending" instead of this bittersweet shit.

Bittersweet endings are the best, the narration after the credits made it better. Beside
the MC was 15, did you want him to get together with the teacher?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bittersweet endings are the best, the narration after the credits made it the best. Beside
the MC was 15, did you want him to get together with the teacher?

Do you even have to ask me that?

Narag

Yu-Gi-Oh S0 3

Prophetic ep and also a really good engaging one what with Jonouchi and Honda sticking up for Yuugi and Kaiba being better developed than the last two antagonists. Yami game was pretty awesome this time around especially with all the psychotic Yuugi faces.

Using Duel Monsters are the framework worked so well too. Imagine if they based a whole series around this concept!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Snafu 1-9

Why the fuck are they making such a shitfit over this guy's minor accident that resulted in no lasting harm to anyone?

Ano Natsu de matteru

Is...that the Onegai Teacher? The fufufufu girl seals it up.

Narag

Jewelpet Kira Deco 3

Heck yeah, even the bad guys are great. Trial version app joke and Ruby's uninspired Jewelflash were highlights. Thinking more and more Sapphi is directly channeling Ami from Sailor Moon too.

fertygo

Sengoku Basara S2 1

Man, it's almost unfair that Toyotomi Hideyoshi is following up Wakamoto's Nobunaga. In any other series, he'd take center stage after he's sold as powerful enough to make everyone from S1 take pause.

Ep 2 or 3 are seriously awesome, god I need to rewatch this.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Jewelpet Kira Deco 3

Heck yeah, even the bad guys are great. Trial version app joke and Ruby's uninspired Jewelflash were highlights. Thinking more and more Sapphi is directly channeling Ami from Sailor Moon too.
Why not one of the good sailors? D:

K-On! 12 END but not really

FuwaFuwa Time

Wow, Yui, you picked the perfect time to be sick AND not make it a gag either! You made Azusa worried, and she merely put up that front because she wants a hug ;-;

AND on top of that, you forgot Gitta!

Ui continues to be quite the good girl, proving she's even more awesome than Yui (like everytime she appears).

As the our final show, it was nice to remind us of not just Yui's journey, but our journey to this "conclusion" of this show, of cute girls doing music things, where character interactions was sublime in all of the moeblob given to us to look at. The end show was pretty great, but we still a goal in sight to say that K-On! isn't over yet.
Ui has bigger boobs, so of course she's better!
Not entirely, but I think I'll just leave it at that
It's a nice conclusion to a nice season.
K-On! 13 Extra END Dub Edition

Winter is here! And it's ridiculous. Everyone knows winter only exists in Alaska, so when it snows, everyone else in the world flips their shit... except Greenland and Russia. So this is pretty unrealistic.

Everyone is just busy busy busy, with Azusa stealing all of Mio's moe moments for her self, but cats are pretty selfish anyway, so it makes sense really.

I think Mio wrote a love letter to Ritsu, but just called them lyrics, mainly due to how Ritsu thought it was a love letter to begin with. Speaking of which... There were 3 dudes.

3 DUDES!

That's 3 too many in this series! Why are there dudes in K-On!? They should only be implied to exist, not actually exist.

Well whatever, this isn't Yuru Yuri so I can't file a complaint here. I vote Azunyan #2 to be the new Azusa, now with more hair balls.
The one thing I like about this episode is how it comes after the "end" of the first season. Really highlights the slice of life aspect of this show, like even though something amazing happened before, life still goes on.

Ah yes, Ritsu's brother. DTL's favorite character if he ever decided to watch the show. But yeah, they've had dudes in the background before, so it's not like they're trying to hide the fact that they exist. Not to mention the workers at the music store.

Now onward to the second season!
Thread slowed down. Everyone must have went to bed.

I have to sleep at some point.

/XX/

? Theres only six anime series on it right now, and I think their all available everywhere?
Nope, restrictions on 3 of them. And now that there are a few it isn't that of a bother, but as they will incorporate more series later some kind of indication for region availability would be appreciated in the future.

Narag

Sengoku Basara S2 2

Hanbei/Kojuro stuff at the beginning was pretty ace. Seems like the action choreography is so much better in the second season so far. I mean I liked the stuff in the first season but it was loud and near unintelligible at times while it seems far more elegant this time around.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aikatsu! 33:

OH GOD HELP JOHNNY BEPP'S SNAPPED AND HE HAS A GUN

I typically really despise obstacle course episodes in anime, but this was actually pretty good thanks to the massive Yurika charm offensive and the fact that the episode's plot sort of matches the absurdity of Starlight Academy anyway. Red, as expected, is amazing.

cajunator

Banned
Date a Live 06

Well this was a hot springs episode, but probably one of my favorite, because it wasnt mostly at the Hot springs. Most of it was spent watching cute girls blowing up shit. Thats my kind of entertainment right there. Yoshino is beyond adorable at this point and Tohka is way up there too. shes jealous of MC paying attention to yoshino and the whole thing is really rather precious to watch. This show has some pretty fun action in it too and it occasionally borders on zany (veggie nuke). Date a Live is just a ton of fun to watch in all the right ways.
Oh yeah and next episode is the one I saw with Kurumi, so I know already its great! But I will watch it again, because Kurumi is a goddess.

rankings thus far:

Tohka > Yoshino > Origami > Reine > Tamae > Origami's AST team > Imouto

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pixiv is forever.

Very true Hito.

On another topic, been thinking about it for awhile and have come to the decision that furry Yuri gets the OK. While the most I could personally go for would be ears, I will not limit it for those that are 100%.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What's the consensus on the three mecha shows?

Any other standouts from this season?

Valvrave - impossible to take seriously but has flashes of Code Geass-tier entertaining insanity if you approach the show as a comedy rather than a drama.

Gargantia - has mecha but isn't really a mecha show. Still easily worth watching for the gorgeous background art and the exploration of how people from two culturally-opposite societies interact.

Majestic Prince - ugly, not funny.

Also try Attack on Titan, Yuyushiki, and Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san from this season. Everyone watching Aku no Hana seems to love it as well.

What's the consensus on the three mecha shows?

Valvrave is super-entertaining as long as you don't try to take it seriously. It doesn't really ask to be anyway. First episode is pretty blase but the absurdity quickly picks up afterwards. I haven't watched the other two, but the consensus seems to be that Gargantia is worth watching and Majestic Prince is not.

Any other standouts from this season?

Flowers of Evil.

Acosta

SAO 21

WHY WHY WHY I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO THIS TORTURE? OMG, IT'S SO FUCKING BAD, I'M GOING TO VOMIT!

(The world building is nice :( ).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Very true Hito.

On another topic, been thinking about it for awhile and have come to the decision that furry Yuri gets the OK. While the most I could personally go for would be ears, I will not limit it for those that are 100%.
And there was peace and prosperity in the Yuri Kingdom.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How does one screencap the falling rain, the ripples on a pond or the burst of water droplets hitting flower petals?

It is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom