• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Date a Live 08

Kurumi shows her dark side. and her naughty side. And her cute side.
She's an evil fucker but damn if I dont love her character.
anime yanderes are the best. In real life? Stay the hell away.
But this aint real life is it? and thats why Kurumi is the beeeeeest!
Also, MC is pretty much set up on a triple date somehow. Hopefully the girls dont find out. Shit is getting real.

Rankings remain the same as episode 7.

NO question that kuroneko is the best .
The only alternative possible is shironeko

None at all.

Date a Live 08

Kurumi shows her dark side. and her naughty side. And her cute side.
She's an evil fucker but damn if I dont love her character.
anime yanderes are the best. In real life? Stay the hell away.
But this aint real life is it? and thats why Kurumi is the beeeeeest!
Also, MC is pretty much set up on a triple date somehow. Hopefully the girls dont find out. Shit is getting real.

Rankings remain the same as episode 7.

I never asked how you felt about Vita from Nanoha A's. Because her and Kurumi have great dresses and are voiced by Sanada Asami.

So do they sing in English too? Stuff like that would bother the hell out of me, plus I don't even like a vast majority of dubs.

No, it would have been better if they did.

And on the special features of the first season dvd, they did have them in English, so I have no idea what the fuck Bandai was doing.

I'm almost getting convinced to watch Date a Live for the Clock Eyes Yandere action.

Prior to Kurumi, I would have said it isn't worth it. Now, I'm not so sure.

The show can definitely be fun from the beginning depending on who you ask, but it's also REALLY dumb. Much dumber than Valvrave.

rnUxWBC.jpg

Awwwww

Oreimo 2

Kyosuke is such a good brother.

The counseling he gave Kirino and confronting the dad for her were both such good moments.

The dad was 100% right about not allowing all those +18, but it works out in the end thanks to Kyosuke's sacrifice.

Jex

[Dredd]

Another classic action anime movie just like The Raid. Too bad they ripped off that drug from the first episode of Cowboy Bebop.

#TeamPillowBread

Kotoura-san 06

Ah yes, the summer vacation episode. Moritani's totally changed her persona for this one. Lol Kotoura has to be super insanely rich, because who just builds a theme park for seven people?!!

Theonik

Prior to Kurumi, I would have said it isn't worth it. Now, I'm not so sure.

The show can definitely be fun from the beginning depending on who you ask, but it's also REALLY dumb. Much dumber than Valvrave.
Dumbness doesn't bother me that much but is it the Valvrave good kind of dumb or bad kind.

Because I wanted to.
You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.

Articalys

Oreimo S2 ep.9

I'll be honest: even if I don't give a damn where the plot is heading anymore, I thought that episode was actually really well done, comparatively to the rest of the series so far at least.

I'll also agree with Zel that it had a real "grand finale" sort of feel to it, which worked fine but is a tad awkward when they've still got seven episodes to go.

cajunator

Banned
Dumbness doesn't bother me that much but is it the Valvrave good kind of dumb or bad kind.

You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.

Its the really fun kind of dumb.
Its good as far as haremshit goes.
Its definitely not as stupid and brainless as Infinite Stratos although thats a low bar to reach.

It's an outright harem and it doesn't even hide it. It's sorta like The World God Only Knows, but with a personality-less MC but more interesting side characters.

I enjoy it, but I don't know if it's really for everyone.

Eh, it's definitely not as entertaining as Valvrave in that aspect. I would say it's an atypical harem story presented like a typical harem, which at points is just jarring.

I still think the best way to describe it is TWGOK + Infinite Stratos.

Oh man, this sounds interesting. :lol I assumed she was going to just be the straight man of the group and lack any sort of excessive quirk like that.

She is the straight man, but in the world of Jewelland you don't have to be 100% 'normal' to fill that role. Calling her excessively quirky is a bit much, but she does fit the "mix together chemicals in test tubes which blow up in my face" kind of mad scientist behavior.

Theonik

AKA you should watch K-ON! subbed.

It's an outright harem and it doesn't even hide it. It's sorta like The World God Only Knows, but with a personality-less MC but more interesting side characters.

I enjoy it, but I don't know if it's really for everyone.
Eh, I might check it out and maybe Crime Edge over the summer if I get some time. It really is just the Yandere stuff I care for. Is the rest skipable?

Its the really fun kind of dumb.
Its good as far as haremshit goes.
Its definitely not as stupid and brainless as Infinite Stratos although thats a low bar to reach.
Eh, that's really not saying much!

Eh, it's definitely not as entertaining as Valvrave in that aspect. I would say it's an atypical harem story presented like a typical harem, which at points is just jarring.

I still think the best way to describe it is TWGOK + Infinite Stratos.
That sounds... Interesting.

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 2

I'm sorry: Michel has to be a girl. No dude sounds like this. Who's voicing this guy?

New favorite dude is Isaac. The guy who just randomly puts on the Trojan helmet and yells everything he says. Speaking of Cleo and those pirates, why doesn't that girl wear pants? And can that wimpy guy speak the fuck up? He better have a hilarious moment at some point where he murmurs something like "I'm gonna kill you, bitch."

And what the hell was up with that exchange at the end? "You can't be serious!" "I am. And I prefer you call me.by my formal name. " ...What?! Were they trying to channel the "Don't call me Shirley" exchange from Airplane!, but forgot that the guy Leslie Nielsen is talking to said "Surely you can't be serious." The play on words thing? Michel didn't even call him a name! Did he think when Michel said "serious", he was calling him a name? But then he said he was, so he obviously knew...

WHAT THE HELL?!

cajunator

Banned
AKA you should watch K-ON! subbed.

Eh, I might check it out and maybe Crime Edge over the summer if I get some time. It really is just the Yandere stuff I care for. Is the rest skipable?

Eh, that's really not saying much!

That sounds... Interesting.

You should watch the adorable parts with Yoshino and Tohka's dating. There are some fun fight scenes too. The whole premise is that spirits come to Earth and threaten to destroy shit unless the Mc dates them with the backing of some weird organization that deals with the spirits. Its absolutely stupid but as far as harem shows go its some of the most fun Ive had watching one. Mainly because most of it happens outside of school setting. They all go to school but it isnt the focus of the show at all, because the girls are super powerful beings and they like to fight outside.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Happiness 08:

Whoa, it's Masuko Mika from Yes! Precure 5 (read: the only good character in the show) reincarnated. please please be a recurring character

Chihayafuru 2 21

Poor Nishida. :( Dude can't catch a break. They should have had pacing like this for the Team Tournament. The matches even felt livelier this episode with the animation and the characters reactions.

Theonik

But there are subtitles in it.
But you are still watching the English dub. For shame!

You should watch the adorable parts with Yoshino and Tohka's dating. There are some fun fight scenes too. The whole premise is that spirits come to Earth and threaten to destroy shit unless the Mc dates them with the backing of some weird organization that deals with the spirits. Its absolutely stupid but as far as harem shows go its some of the most fun Ive had watching one. Mainly because most of it happens outside of school setting. They all go to school but it isnt the focus of the show at all, because the girls are super powerful beings and they like to fight outside.
Fine I'll watch it and judge by myself.

I only run software that respects my freedom.
I hope you're not an Ubuntu user then!

No Windows 8 support either. :(
You're better off, Dreamscene sucked if my experience on Vista was an indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom