• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
But bold is for losers.

THANK YOU CAJUN.

It's kind of why I haven't watched it yet. After the ending of Eureka Seven, I don't know that I want to ruin those memories. That show was so good.
AO will just leave you confused, bewildered and perhaps angry, and then get angrier when you realize the potential for a good show was actually there (and was delivered upon in several instances, only to be shat upon later).

Mostly confusion though as youll eventually realize there is no way the writer made any effort to watch the original series or even read up on it, as the plot contradictions are insanely huge and can't be explained away in any fashion or form.

Started watching Sailor Moon. I've seen random chunks of the show, from back when I was a whole lot younger. I've never actually watched all of it though.

Sailor Moon 01

Usagi is an idiot. She's also like 50% of my students. When I imagine putting that kind of power into the hands of one of my 14 year olds, I definitely feel a cold chill running down my spine.

This is going to be fun.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Crime Edge - 01

PtbAfQy.png

Are these the sisters that were mentioned to me earlier today?

Mature

Those two girls doing some dumb comedy shtick and talking about marriage in the midst of Armin freaking out. It felt incredibly awkward and out of place.
I got an entirely different vibe from that scene. I saw her doing that and acting casual as a coping mechanism for being in a horrifying and threatening circumstance. Connie's response of being like "She's more off than normal" sort of hinted me towards that. Perhaps i'm giving the show a bit too much credit.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet 2:
Amy is great. She's energetic and carrying this show with some great scenes. I like how she's taking things into her own hands here, and the scene with her brother was very good. Ledo and Amy's scenes together had the right amount of awkwardness, and I enjoy them actually working through the translation issue rather than just having everyone speak the same language. Having Ledo being grossed out by the idea of eating a corpse was also a very nice touch. It's one of those small moments that is funny, and also tells us something about the culture he comes from. I think they also did a great job during that scene of giving us some good world building information without it feeling like an exposition dump. The way that the scene was shot, and the visuals really helped out in that department. The ending of the episode happened rather suddenly, but I'll be interested in seeing what all of the ramifications of what Ledo did are.
I imagine that seeing him vaporize all of those people is going to cause the residents of Gargantia to be a lot more cautious of him than they already are.

I got an entirely different vibe from that scene. I saw her doing that and acting casual as a coping mechanism for being in a horrifying and threatening circumstance. Connie's response of being like "She's more off than normal" sort of hinted me towards that. Perhaps i'm giving the show a bit too much credit.

Maybe I'm not giving it enough credit, but it felt very awkward and forced to me. Most of the rest of the episode handled coping mechanisms well, but that scene to me felt like a forced attempt at 'hilarious hijinks'.

Syrinx

I noticed that Crunchyroll's stream of Queen's Blade 1 has massive issues like screen-tearing that make it virtually unwatchable. Anyone else notice this?

Perhaps its for the best that I stay away

Went and added a crap ton of new shows to my queue on Crunchyroll, tell me if any of these are good:

5 Centimeters per Second - Hear this a lot on GAF, and since the director just put out a new film I've been interested in his work.
Air Master - I kinda get some Teppuu vibes from this.
Attack on Titan - ...don't really need an explanation for this one; was originally waiting for it to end, but I may jump in now.
Captain Harlock - Added this becuase I'm also watching Galaxy Express 999 and apparently they exist in the same universe.
Occult Academy - ...how come with this show I can watch all the episodes as a free member, but with anohana I can only watch the first 4, kimi ni todoke I can't watch any, and usagi drop isn't even on here anymore? Consistency, NISA, what's that?
Queen's Blade - ...yes, I know what happens in this.
Oreimo - ...watched the first episode out of curiosity and boredom and didn't find it painful.
YuruYuri - ...meh, I just want stupid yuri action.

Syrinx

Isn't it censored on there, or am I misremembering?
Well I just watched a girl shoot clothes-dissolving milk out if her visible breasts, so if that's an attempt to censor, it's the worst job ever. Seems like technical issues.

I should probably just forget about it for my own good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Went and added a crap ton of new shows to my queue on Crunchyroll, tell me if any of these are good:

5 Centimeters per Second - Hear this a lot on GAF, and since the director just put out a new film I've been interested in his work.

This is the only good thing on your list.

survivor

Banned

There, the only good thing.

If you want fake yuri action then watch Yuyushiki from this season, it's much better than YuruYuri.

iavi

Air Master - I kinda get some Teppuu vibes from this.
Attack on Titan - ...don't really need an explanation for this one; was originally waiting for it to end, but I may jump in now.
Captain Harlock - Added this becuase I'm also watching Galaxy Express 999 and apparently they exist in the same universe.
Occult Academy - ...how come with this show I can watch all the episodes as a free member, but with anohana I can only watch the first 4, kimi ni todoke I can't watch any, and usagi drop isn't even on here anymore? Consistency, NISA, what's that?
Queen's Blade - ...yes, I know what happens in this.
Oreimo - ...watched the first episode out of curiosity and boredom and didn't find it painful.
YuruYuri - ...meh, I just want stupid yuri action.

5cm's not bad at all. Attack on Titan is fantastic. And Occult Academy is fun. Torch the rest.

Well I just watched a girl shoot clothes-dissolving milk out if her visible breasts, so if that's an attempt to censor, it's the worst job ever. Seems like technical issues.

I should probably just forget about it for my own good.

Go watch Qwaser instead.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Crunchyroll licensed Usagi Drop from the Japanese distributor, not NISA. Hulu licensed it through NISA, hence why it's still on there.

(Unless I've gotten this all terribly backwards, which is entirely possible.)

Crunchyroll licensed Usagi Drop from the Japanese distributor, not NISA. Hulu licensed it through NISA, hence why it's still on there.

(Unless I've gotten this all terribly backwards, which is entirely possible.)
Speaking of Crunchyroll, why is Toradora for subscribers only? It's like the only series that's like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom