• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Further proof, if proof were needed, that people should stop being too serious about Japanese cartoons: Taking anime too seriously (Japan Times).

Anime is super serious. Waifus are the most important decision a person can make.

It's the horrific dorm music isn't it? Hearing that over and over again is just utterly soul destroying.

That is ice cold but ultimately true. A good test of this is to read the synopsis of any ANN review on their front page and see how awful it is every time.

I just listened to that and yes its not something I would put up with for hours on end.

You wa shock!!!

Also, apparently nobody likes Mahoromatic. :(

I love android maid animes. Mahoromatic is one of the cutest and bestest of them!

kaboom

Everyone probably thinks that it's just a lolifap show.

Hopefully they dont see Ichigo Mashimaro (its good by the way)

cnet128

Banned

Don't worry, the second place is the one that counts! I loved that show!

Futari wa Precure 36-37

Awwwww, poor Nagisa can't act! She can FIGHT though, that counts right? Right?! Well, the audience seemed to like it, anyway...

Also something about Wisdom trying to escape. Nice try, little guy, but that was never going to work. Status quo is God at this stage in the series.

Futari wa Precure 38

What the FUCK happened to Ryouta's voice?! (Internet seems to indicate his voice actress wasn't feeling well that day, but she went in and did the recording anyway. Pretty bad timing, huh.)

cajunator

Banned
that play in FWP was a total clusterfuck lol. I guess the great thing about on-stage performances is people arent sure if its really part of the performance until you fuck up massively. Then they might mistake that as just a unique interpretation. the possibilities are endless!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I want to go to anime college
I've thought of how one might teach anime, or any television, in a college setting. The real problem is the semester system pretty much makes it impossible. Which is why, I presume, it's much easier to teach the Utena movie than to teach the entire Utena TV series.

It's the Citizen Kane of Gainax anime.
I dont understand this recent trend of insulting anime in this way.
The Hyperbolic Bullshit Chamber
It's the new go to hyperbole!
AnimeGAF is the Citizen Kane of GAF.

But first in your heart, right?!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I wonder how much work I could get as a motivational speaker hired by schools to warn kids of the dangers of anime.

I've thought of how one might teach anime, or any television, in a college setting.

pRyNmpL.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You best warn them about Collectible Card Games, RPG's and LOMA's while you're at it.

You're right. There's a larger point here, namely that having nerd interests will ruin your life. It's our social obligation to ensure that our kids grow up to be well-adjusted and productive people.

/XX/

I'm actually looking forward more toward the Anchovy OVA than the 2014 movie if only because it may be the only battle in the show in which the forces are pretty even (maybe tilting in favor of Oarai). It's hard to play up those stupid two-man Italian machinegun "tanks" as anything actually dangerous, and Oarai might actually lose their plot armor/evasion for the match.
If they replicate the battle as in the graphic novel adaptation, Anchovy is going to give them a dose of their own medicine. Those fodder CV-33 'tankettes' will be useful as bait, you will see!

Futari wa Precure 36-37

Awwwww, poor Nagisa can't act! She can FIGHT though, that counts right? Right?! Well, the audience seemed to like it, anyway...

Also something about Wisdom trying to escape. Nice try, little guy, but that was never going to work. Status quo is God at this stage in the series.

Futari wa Precure 38

What the FUCK happened to Ryouta's voice?! (Internet seems to indicate his voice actress wasn't feeling well that day, but she went in and did the recording anyway. Pretty bad timing, huh.)

Ah the acting episode was filled with such NagisaxHonoka moments.

cajunator

Banned
Those can at least teach some kind of game theory to kids. Anime is truly useless.

I've made lots of friends through anime, including roommates for going on 8 years now, as well as increasing my confidence, giving me inspiration to draw, and broadening my interest in the world which expanded further beyond Japan. I would say it has done many positive things for me, including leading me here where I met all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom