• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

Spoiler tags are [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] (remove spaces)
Yeah, I knew that, I just didn't want a massive black bar across the screen, I ended up not giving away much anyway.

I completely agree with you. The movie is fantastic and a great way to send off the series.
I loved those parts in London.
Yeah :).

I really wish it got a third season where they go to University, those parts in the manga were good, but the unfortunate side of the manga is (of course) that there's no music, I mean I would have loved to hear
Azusa's new band, the Original 4, and their rivals band
play.

And yes, K-ON! is fantastic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If anybody can watch episode 2 of Kill Me Baby and not laugh just one time, they have no soul.
Unfortunately, the only thing I remember is the OP. lol

I've always wondered why spoiler tags didn't have a button on the new post page (ala bold, italics, lists, etc.). It seems like it would be worthwhile thing for Gromph to add or something.
Just get the Quick Post add-on from userscripts.org.

Yeah :).

I really wish it got a third season where they go to University, those parts in the manga were good, but the unfortunate side of the manga is (of course) that there's no music, I mean I would have loved to hear
Azusa's new band, the Original 4, and their rivals band
play.

And yes, K-ON! is fantastic.

I still hold on hope that some day there will be.

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 41

hRtbg5Z.jpg

I like these character finales. It didn't feel like there was that much solo battles this season, at least compared to Heartcatch, so these are a nice change of pace.

Bonus image because Yayoi is adorable.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure 39-40

Wedding episode! Aaaaaaand...sleepover episode!

Honestly the actual battles are more like distractions at this point. Although Episode 40's did take place
inside a dream
, so that was a new variation I guess.

At any rate, I think we've confirmed once and for all that my yuri goggles don't work on Nagisa and Honoka, since they just slept in the same bed together and I still can't see them as anything other than best friends. On the other hand, I *am* starting to consider the possibility of pairing Nagisa with Shiho. I mean, Shiho is the cutest character in the show who isn't called Nagisa, so it totally makes sense, right? Right?

honestly I just want Nagisa for myself

Futari wa Precure 39-40

Wedding episode! Aaaaaaand...sleepover episode!

Honestly the actual battles are more like distractions at this point. Although Episode 40's did take place
inside a dream
, so that was a new variation I guess.

At any rate, I think we've confirmed once and for all that my yuri goggles don't work on Nagisa and Honoka, since they just slept in the same bed together and I still can't see them as anything other than best friends. On the other hand, I *am* starting to consider the possibility of pairing Nagisa with Shiho. I mean, Shiho is the cutest character in the show who isn't called Nagisa, so it totally makes sense, right? Right?

honestly I just want Nagisa for myself

You simply have a bad pair of Yuri Goggles. I mean i don't recall holding hands with friends while sleeping in the same bed now...

cnet128

Banned
Pure maidens are capable of achieving transcendent levels of friendship beyond the reach of mere mortals such as ourselves. This are truefax, and cannot be denied.

(Also, speaking of bed, I gotta duck out now. Got an annoying cold and I want to get a decent night's sleep. Later, guys~)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Dokidoki! Precure]
Cure Ace trying to style off of Cure Peace, doesn't look as good.
Come to think of it, Mana's hair is red, but blonde in Cure Heart mode. Regina's Hair is blonde,
but will be red in Cure Ace mode? MORE NTR
. More harem antics.
I don't know why people are so adamant on Regina being Ace. That character is obviously the Trump Kingdom Princess.

Jintor

K-On's second season is some really godlike slice of life.

It can give you nostalgia for sensations you never originally had.

That's storytelling.

Thank you!

K-ON! is about stupid girls doing stupid stuff. Hyouka is about boring girls (and guys) doing boring stuff.

I feel like that's a somewhat accurate description of slice of life in general. Taking normally mundane everyday stuff and somehow making you care (or at least attempt to).

why not both?

I should have mentioned before that I'm planning on watching both. I just want to know which one is better!

Hyouka is a must watch.

Ignore K-On! as its just not gripping or worthwhile, and instead pursue Kimi to Boku it has more feels.

K-ON! is by far better. And the second season brings the feels.

K-On, in my opinion, "has more feels" in the end. You should definitely still watch Hyouka though.

K-On's second season is some really godlike slice of life.

It can give you nostalgia for sensations you never originally had.

That's storytelling.

1 Hyouka to 3 K-On!'s and 1 Kimi to Boku.

Hmm, I guess I can start K-On! then flip a coin or something for the other two (then watch the other one after).

Thanks for helping me decide.

Honestly, I don't expect that much of undergrads these days. lol
I suppose one way to make people drop out of a course about anime is to make it workload heavy and find ways to fail people who think that all they need to do is watch cartoons.

I guess I also am mindful that most students are also taking 4 other courses with similar workloads, so you can only expect so much.

Watching four episodes for homework each class wouldn't be that high of a workload, though. Most literature classes I took would have a comparable or higher amount of reading assigned between classes. I think you could easily cover several full shows over the course of a semester with that type of pace.

Hyouka vs K-On!.

Both Kyo Ani works.

I've seen one of their shows before (Clannad/Afterstory) so I'm more interested in whichever one has more feels.

Help me AnimeGAF.

Hyouka is an incredible work. You should watch it at the earliest possible opportunity. There are very few shows that can reach the level of mastery Hyouka achieves.

Eh, I think there's a lot of inferring going on in there.
major Doki Doki, Suite, and Fresh Spoilers

At the same time
Cure Ace is suppose to be in July right? Perfect time for it to air. Lets also consider that Eas and Siren heel turned around this point in the series as well

OceanBlue

1 Hyouka to 3 K-On!'s and 1 Kimi to Boku.

Hmm, I guess I can start K-On! then flip a coin or something for the other two (then watch the other one after).

Thanks for helping me decide.

If you're choosing between Hyouka and Kimi to Boku, you should definitely go with Hyouka. When I said K-On, I definitely didn't mean "You should watch K-On and NOT watch Hyouka." :<

I just chose K-On because it fit what you were asking for. You can't go wrong picking either one IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom