• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective Conan 192:
How to be a terrible murder suspect:

"But that would make more sense if you were holding something in your right hand."
"What, so you're saying I was holding a gun in my right hand?"

It's kind of hilarious to see Shinichi get his body back and now he's terrible at hiding his identity as Conan by calling out to the Detective Boys and referring to Ran in the wrong way. He's just bad at hiding his identity no matter what. Almost as bad as he is at trying to broach the subject of romance.
There was some really tender awkwardness in this episode during the romance. Almost enough to make someone like Shinichi x Ran (almost).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aku no Hana - 8

I love how the direction sometimes give scenes the time to just linger without progression. As the audience you crave resolution, but it doesn't come.

It's very different from the usually rushed event progression in adaptative anime.
Subversion is an inadequate substitute for quality.

Mature

Detective Conan 192:
How to be a terrible murder suspect:

"But that would make more sense if you were holding something in your right hand."
"What, so you're saying I was holding a gun in my right hand?"

It's kind of hilarious to see Shinichi get his body back and now he's terrible at hiding his identity as Conan by calling out to the Detective Boys and referring to Ran in the wrong way. He's just bad at hiding his identity no matter what. Almost as bad as he is at trying to broach the subject of romance.
There was some really tender awkwardness in this episode during the romance. Almost enough to make someone like Shinichi x Ran (almost).
He's almost worse at it than Heiji, haha. Not quite though. And I like Shinichi x Ran..!
Just not as much as Shinichi x Haibara :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Diebuster - 02

kWlx39D.png
eJZUDXx.png

Really entertaining episode, though I do have an issue with one thing. What the hell is up with
Lal'C being all high school girl smitten with Nicola? I thought I was going to get to get my space yuri? The guy seems alright and all (can't hate on his swag) but I got bummed out during the scene where she was resting her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat... though she did the same to Nono near the end. Here's hoping the object of her affections changes over the course of the remaining 4 episodes. :(

I am absolutely in love with the OP theme. It's up at the top with Try Unite.

He's almost worse at it than Heiji, haha. Not quite though. And I like Shinichi x Ran..!
Just not as much as Shinichi x Haibara :p

All that's needed now is for Heiji to see Shinichi and refer to him as 'boy'.

I used to kind of like Shinichi x Ran, but I find post-Vermouth Arc Ran to be an incredibly boring and stagnant character. Up to that point I actually liked her (she wasn't Sonoko tier or anything, but she was generally a pretty good character), but for the past decade I've found her character to be pretty lame. This is still the point in the series where I liked her, so I find some of her moments to be pretty good right now.
And yes, Conan x Haibara is the OTP.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Groovin' Magic is a good song but the OP as a whole gets docked points for partially being a clip reel.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Diebuster - 02

Really entertaining episode, though I do have an issue with one thing. What the hell is up with
Lal'C being all high school girl smitten with Nicola? I thought I was going to get to get my space yuri? The guy seems alright and all (can't hate on his swag) but I got bummed out during the scene where she was resting her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat... though she did the same to Nono near the end. Here's hoping the object of her affections changes over the course of the remaining 4 episodes. :(
Nono = Utena
L'alc = Anthy
Nikola = Akio

Ikuhara storyboarding this episode is all coincidental!
I am absolutely in love with the OP theme. It's up at the top with Try Unite.
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIN' MAGIC

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Powering through No. 6 tonight cause it's short; just finished 7 (of 11). The conspiracy aspect of the series has kinda taken a back seat to the budding relationship between Ratt and Shion, but that's just fine by me; the two of them have a really quite enduring thing going, even though it's kinda abusive. Some of the English VAs are kinda phoning parts in and their dialogue is really clunky at times, but overall I'm digging okay enough. OP is subpar, ED is stellar.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That's Monster Girl Quest, Monster Musume is a completely different thing and that's a manga. I would gladly take either anime.

So fuwafuwa~

Third episode of monster girl quest coming soon ... get hyped !

The plot of monster girl quest is not bad but it's dulled in the game by the extreme "perverted repetition". if you can get past that it's not a bad game.

i should read monster musume one of these days.

Powering through No. 6 tonight cause it's short; just finished 7 (of 11). The conspiracy aspect of the series has kinda taken a back seat to the budding relationship between Ratt (Nezumi) and Shion, but that's just fine by me; the two of them have a really quite enduring thing going, even though it's kinda abusive. Some of the English VAs are kinda phoning parts in and their dialogue is really clunky at times, but overall I'm digging okay enough. OP is subpar, ED is stellar.

It was hard for me to choose the dub or sub over one another. For Shion's role they had my favorite JPN and ENG va in the role, and Nezumi was potentially slightly better in JPN. The other voices are alright.

Ending theme was really good.

I need to rewatch it as I prepare to start rereading the manga.

Metrotab

Banned
Monster Girl Quest: Part 3 is legitimately one of the only games I'm looking forward to. The other is Europa Universalis IV and that's gonna be a buggy mess for half a year before I buy it in some Steam sale.

Sain seya Omega 54

In this episode yuna is scared..or at least she was until koga came to tell her that not fighting is kinda pointless when you're a saint.

Other than that it was a nice episode with the annoying steel dude not taking too much space.

Third episode of monster girl quest coming soon ... get hyped !

The plot of monster girl quest is not bad but it's dulled in the game by the extreme "perverted repetition". if you can get past that it's not a bad game.

i should read monster musume one of these days.

Oh shit, June 1st apparently. I should probably plow through the second one since I'm sure I'm close to beating it.

So if I understand correctly, Monster Girl Quest is an h game and Monster Musume is a cute monster girl love manga.

Yes.

Metrotab

Banned
So if I understand correctly, Monster Girl Quest is an h game and Monster Musume is a cute monster girl love manga.

Yes, and as I understand the somewhat breakthrough success of MGQ is what has inspired the recent popularisation of monster girl doujinshi overall.

Monster Girl Quest taught me a valuable lesson about swallowing my pride and be okay with losing after a battle.

Especially, whenever I fought Erubetie.

this thread really does haul ass.
I can see how people get frustrated. Especially if they actually have a life.

This is exactly how I feel right now. I've got to sleep and work and deal with things people! But noooooo you jerks just have to post like a million pages when I'm busy. All I got out of that hour and a half catching up was that I should keep Kirbyguy FAR away from all my food. Not even sure if it was worth seeing delicious delicious foodGAF after that revelation along with the disappointment that I missed it all. How does Cajun do it?!

Anyway #teampickles #teamchopsticks and I can't believe I'm the only who doesn't really like SYD.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Not really that angry, just sucks that I missed so much.

This is exactly how I feel right now. I've got to sleep and work and deal with things people! But noooooo you jerks just have to post like a million pages when I'm busy. All I got out of that hour and a half catching up was that I should keep Kirbyguy FAR away from all my food. Not even sure if it was worth seeing delicious delicious foodGAF after that revelation along with the disappointment that I missed it all. How does Cajun do it?!

Anyway #teampickles #teamchopsticks and I can't believe I'm the only who doesn't really like SYD.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Not really that angry, just sucks that I missed so much.

Yes, keep me away from your food if it's gross. I don't want food poisoning.

fertygo

Sengoku Basara 12 FIN

God, what a finale. I was concerned they were building up Nobunaga too much earlier in the seires given how much of a presence he was when on-screen. Thought maybe they were oversellng him just a tad. Nope, that shit with him at the end was great. based Wakamoto and all that

---

Haven't had this much fun in forever. Dumb, loud, full of action, and just serviceable enough of a plot, I wish I had more manime like this. At least I have season 2 and the movie still! Exciting given the praise for them compared to this!
S1 have better villain
but I like S2 action piece more.

And Masamune Date yo, was super ridiculous in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom