• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Happy Birthday Hitokage.

raresatuhotaru252028762.jpg

Happy birthday Hito!

Happy Birthday Hitokage!

happy bday hito!

EKVeMp0.jpg

Happy Birthday Hito!

Happy birthday Hito

Happy bday Hito!

Also happy birthday Hitokage!

Happy birthday !

Happy Birthday :)

Happy Birthday Hito!

Happy b'day, Hito!
TmWejKA.jpg

survivor

Banned
Clannad 1

The good: I liked the music, especially whenever dango dango starts playing in the background.

The bad: It really felt like a VN adaptation. The scenes are like just lifted straight from the game and the transitions to the next one don't flow that well. It felt like a disjointed set of scenes just to establish some characters traits, relationships, and some random supernatural elements and not an actual episode of a show.

The ugly: These character designs are bad. All the girls characters look the same to me even after the colour coded different hair styles that are there to be able to tell them apart.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day END
Also known as: the worst group of friends ever.

Well that was pretty enjoyable. I didn't find myself really getting super emotional with this one, though... maybe it's just because I'm sick right now and don't have a lot of tears to shed, or something.

Menma was pretty adorable for a moe Mary Sue, but pretty much every other character except Poppo kinda pissed me off. Glasses girl pretty much was a non-character, redhead was nowhere close to me liking her, crossdresser boy never improved, and our hapless MC had a pretty flat personality.

In some ways I'm glad it was only 11 episodes, but maybe if it was longer they could have at least had some more humorous moments, because the drama really wasn't getting to me.

I was really hoping that
Menma's reincarnation was going to be something a little more, I dunno, bigger than a flower, but I guess I totally saw it coming with the title.

Anohana receives a Polygon'd score of
0.9 Sword Art Onlines
or
0.4 Clannads

Glad you got something out of it and yeah it didn't hit me as much emotionally as they clearly wanted it to either. I think part of why I don't mind it as much as some of the others around here is that I'm totally ok with everyone being terrible and that I can believe that grieving people would be so irrational.

It was used first in Kyo no Go no Ni

Yeah but that's the original vs the cover used in Ano Hana and while the cover is more produced I think it works better for that kind of song. Plus the Ano Hana ED is way prettier.

What if it were revealed that the girls were actually crossdressing men?

That would be a hilariously amazing twist.

Initial D fifth stage - 13

I'm tired of seeing this house !

Just pretend it's this one!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but that's the original vs the cover used in Ano Hana and while the cover is more produced I think it works better for that kind of song. Plus the Ano Hana ED is way prettier.
Naw, that version was also a cover (I know, because Yu Kobayashi sung it!). The original is by Zone.

¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

Today is the day I start Hyouka.

Clannad 1

The good: I liked the music, especially whenever dango dango starts playing in the background.

The bad: It really felt like a VN adaptation. The scenes are like just lifted straight from the game and the transitions to the next one don't flow that well. It felt like a disjointed set of scenes just to establish some characters traits, relationships, and some random supernatural elements and not an actual episode of a show.

The ugly: These character designs are bad. All the girls characters look the same to me even after the colour coded different hair styles that are there to be able to tell them apart.

I obviously have a real soft spot for Clannad, and the Dango Daikazoku song *always* gets to me. Yeah, the weird character designs are really jarring in the first episode, but as time goes on they don't bother you as much, or the animation studio slightly alters them to look better or something.

It'll feel more like a *show* than an adaptation as time goes on, they do a good job of maximizing their time with the season to flesh out the situations and Tomoya himself.

Clannad 1

This probably has nothing to do with the story in general but whats your thoughts on Sunohara his best friend yet? Just to let you know, he makes one of the best gifs later on in the show.

On another note, we can talk about older shows on here. I didn't know this, I've wanted to share feelings about Ben-to for a real long time if that's true.

I thought this was a this season's shows only thread or something.

faridmon

This probably has nothing to do with the story in general but whats your thoughts on Sunohara his best friend yet? Just to let you know, he makes one of the best gifs later on in the show.

On another note, we can talk about older shows on here. I didn't know this, I've wanted to share feelings about Ben-to for a real long time if that's true.

I thought this was a this season's shows only thread or something.

I hated this show, but Sunohara was the one of the best characters at that time. Too bad they ruined him the 2nd season.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://abload.de/img/130605shingeki-pizzahisuh7.jpg

Attack on Pizza.

Why does Japan always draw pizza like it has natto levels of stringy cheese? The only time that I ever actually went to a pizza place and had pizza that looked like that, I almost choked to death on it.

They will be the cute managers that all the dudes fall in love with. And then they race to the death for their love.
Gou is rival-kun's sister and emotional support since he's the lone wolf of the cast, and Miho is a teacher for the rest of the bros, so that means the two of them are essentially relegated to sideline cheerleaders.

High school Dxd - 14 ( oav 2 )

This episode was funny as a filler .

I did enjoy the fanservice as it was great and i liked the subtle changes in the ED (Grayfia Lucifuge YEEEAAAAAAH ) .

The most intresting changes are irina & xenovia that had their first interlude Picture and i'm definitly looking forward to see them in season 2 ( even if we won't have the church trio untill season 3 )

Overall the episode was enjoyable Gif-worthy but they would be all NSFW so i'll pass. It was also quite predictable episode anyway.

HYPED FOR SEASON 2 like nobody else !

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gou is rival-kun's sister and emotional support since he's the lone wolf of the cast, and Miho is a teacher for the rest of the bros, so that means the two of them are essentially relegated to sideline cheerleaders.
I do not see how this changes their romantic potential.

Clannad 1

yesjacknicholson.gif

Why does Japan always draw pizza like it has natto levels of stringy cheese? The only time that I ever actually went to a pizza place and had pizza that looked like that, I almost choked to death on it.
American cartoons also do that alot.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To-Love Ru Yuri Darkness - 04

Welp, off to find YamixMikan
doujins
. This episode was shipping them so hard. Very good! :D

That scene where
crazy psycho assassin girl controlled Mikan to suck on Yami's boobs. Perfection.

Thats pretty creative and kind of perfect direction to go with those characters. Was worried for a second earlier. The other visual looks nice.
tumblr_mnx8aexhy81rqdxubo1_500.jpg

I do not see how this changes their romantic potential.
Because the encouraging characters, the advice-givers, are often the ones who watch from a distance as the protagonists engage with each other and form deeper connections. It's like:

[Rival-kun returns home after a heated encounter with the other bros]
Gou: What's wrong, Onii-chan?
Rival-kun: I'm losing confidence in my abilities as a swimmer.
Gou: Don't say things like that. You're the best swimmer I know!
Rival-kun: You really mean that?
Gou: Yeah! I believe in you, Onii-chan! Now go out there and do your best!
Rival-kun: Thanks, sis. I can always count on you.
[Rival-kun shows up the next day at the meet, underwater :DTL ensues, heated emotions in the water, bros understand each other more through swimming, each of them comes away from the meet like they've become closer.]

Gou and Miho are gonna be like the catalysts for more bro interactions rather than the focal point. At least, that's my theory.

To-Love Ru Yuri Darkness - 04

Welp, off to find YamixMikan
doujins
. This episode was shipping them so hard. Very good! :D

That scene where
crazy psycho assassin girl controlled Mikan to suck on Yami's boobs. Perfection.

Very funny to read this impression months after the initial release as you had the same reaction as i did.
( and even the same screenshot ).

Joe Molotov

Revolutionary Girl Utena 04 - 06

I was going to say some stuff about episodes 4 & 5, but then OMGWTF boxing kangaroo out of nowhere! I thought this show was the Seventh Seal of anime, but now it's the Quigley Down Under of anime! :eek:

Oh yeah, anyway, Nanami is such an evil bitch, it's funny to see her plans crumble. The failure of "Operation: Oh! Himemiya is Such a Weirdo..." was hilarious. Also, open shirt Touga is one of the best characters in the show.

JYCsZAf.jpg

He's all like "Muhahaha, yeah I banged your sister on your piano, deal with it." But will he bang his own sister by the end of the show? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom