• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Both drawings are meant to be sexy, but they're clearly very differently drawn and the one by Kimura feels trashier even if she is actually wearing more clothes in it.

That boob sack and navel cutout.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 8

So I'm actually surprised that this was an almost
beach episode and there was barely fan-service.
I'm actually glad about that since that means the show isn't turning on me like past shows had with the all of a sudden fan-service jumping in. The episode was pretty good and once again Hikki is funny to listen too, and is actually pretty knowledgeable (in a know all the facts about loneliness knowledgeable). Also I love the little bromance he's having with
the tennis guy,
I know its not real but its funny as heck.

It's almost like everything Hikki says, I said back in high school. So much so that its scary to me.

It Totsuka didnt have to keep the jacket on in the river scene :/

Jex

I don't really like Clamp; I just like comparing art, it's fun. I actually just found the best example:

Both drawings are meant to be sexy, but they're clearly very differently drawn and the one by Kimura feels trashier even if she is actually wearing more clothes in it.

So, it's literally all Kimura's fault? Interesting.

LegatoB

Mr. Corvo's confusion is understandable. Code Geass R2 will do a lot of damage to even the healthiest mind, and it takes some time to work its way out of one's system. That, and Code Geass's animation character designs (as opposed to concepts) are by Kimura, who is also the character designer on Godannar. In time, with proper treatment, he shall once again be able to determine the stylistic elements that are the trademarks of each.

I don't really like Clamp; I just like comparing art, it's fun. I actually just found the best example:

That's because Clamp's art there is shit.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure 42-44

In Episode 42, the NagisaxHonoka shippers swoon as Honoka gets spirited away and Nagisa has to come to her rescue like a knight in shining frilly armour.

Then to make up for it, Nagisa spends the whole of the following two episodes swooning over Fujimura. First of all, she gets all melancholic because one of her random friends has fallen for Fujimura too, and is much more proactive about it than Nagisa is. Thankfully,
she gets rejected
. Good job, Fuji-P! Also, Fujimura is really sweet when he sees Nagisa all depressed, and lends her his scarf to cheer her up. Double good job, Fuji-P! Finally, he invites Nagisa to make a snowman together and (after an impromptu Precure battle, of course) shares a romantic Christmassy moment with her outside in the snow. Super good job, Fuji-P!

Meanwhile on the villainous side of things, everyone's favourite(?) antagonists are having rebellious thoughts about using the Prism Stones for themselves instead of their King. That's all very well, guys, but you might want to, you know, actually get your hands on the Stones' power first. Considering you found out where it was hidden in Episode 41, you haven't been making much of an effort to capture Porun so far. I don't think you even mentioned the little guy when you attacked in Episodes 42 and 43, and your attempts to snatch him in Episode 44 were frankly unimpressive. Grade D-, must try harder.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The manga is more detailed in lewdness for this
and anything with Mikan in it

Have you watched the OVAs for TLRD?

Yeah I've been reading the manga, I've only fallen behind on it recently.

I've seen a few of the OVAs. I remember the one where Haruna turned into a cat at least.

Revolutionary Girl Utena End

Those final episodes were fantastic, some of the best I've seen in an anime. I'll need more time to compose my thoughts on this series, but I'm glad I finally got around to watching it, it ended up being one of my favorite shows. Next up is the film.

Oh right, I totally forgot that I meant to write out a more detailed impression of the series too. Really have to get around to that.

The film also fantastic, I can't decide which one that I like more.

I don't think it's fair to rate one over the other. To me the film is dependent on you being familiar with the series to get the most out of it. It's like a good remix, knowing the original and seeing the interesting differences are half the point. Just like how some of the best episodes were the ones that broke the patterns that were set up the movie broke the patterns set up throughout the whole show.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To-Love Yuri Darkness - 05

xEl0H47.png
1XIBEWM.png

ZTP8fXW.png
c2kTuDP.png

0JpK5vC.gif

Just keep Rito as Riko for the remaining episodes. Please. PLEASE.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure 45

Singing time episode! Antagonists continue to be pathetic. Not only are they not trying to steal Porun, they're not even presenting a challenge any more. This episode's fight was basically a time trial run, and the Cures beat up both the bad guys (we're not talking Zakenna mooks either, this is two out of the three main villains!) and still made it back to the stage in time for their solo.

It looks like next episode the villains are going to actually do something competent, though. Let's see how that goes!

cajunator

Banned
Are we talking FFXIII on 360 level meltdown or DQIX on DS level meltdown?

The DQIX meltdown was multifaceted and hilarious. nothing will ever top that.

And I am back. Thank god my studies are finished, I am mentally exhausted, and I am thinking of not continue it in the future.

Chihayafuru is still the best Anime in long time

Yes, it really is. One of my definite favorites!

Clannad 1

The good: I liked the music, especially whenever dango dango starts playing in the background.

The bad: It really felt like a VN adaptation. The scenes are like just lifted straight from the game and the transitions to the next one don't flow that well. It felt like a disjointed set of scenes just to establish some characters traits, relationships, and some random supernatural elements and not an actual episode of a show.

The ugly: These character designs are bad. All the girls characters look the same to me even after the colour coded different hair styles that are there to be able to tell them apart.

For better or worse YOU JUST GOT KEYED! Whether you enjoy this phenomenon or not is up to you.

Glad you got something out of it and yeah it didn't hit me as much emotionally as they clearly wanted it to either. I think part of why I don't mind it as much as some of the others around here is that I'm totally ok with everyone being terrible and that I can believe that grieving people would be so irrational.

Yeah but that's the original vs the cover used in Ano Hana and while the cover is more produced I think it works better for that kind of song. Plus the Ano Hana ED is way prettier.

That would be a hilariously amazing twist.

Just pretend it's this one!

I like the ano Hana version much more, but both versions are very pretty.
The show overall I liked well enough, since I did buy the NISA boxset of it, but it had plenty of issues straying off the story with all kinds of weird thing and losing focus. but it came back together at the end. For me, this show was about the ending more than anything, and it was a good one.

Happy Bday Hito
why aren't you a mod again?

Because modding forums is a thankless tiresome and tedious job. Ive done it before. Its not worth it. But it has to be done by somebody.

To-Love Ru Yuri Darkness - 04

Welp, off to find YamixMikan
doujins
. This episode was shipping them so hard. Very good! :D

That scene where
crazy psycho assassin girl controlled Mikan to suck on Yami's boobs. Perfection.

I dont like all the fanservice prevalent in TLR (or any anime that goes to this level of it) but the character designs are spot on. these girls are cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. The manga ka clearly knew exactly what they were doing.

Review score meltdowns on gaming side are the fucking BEST. Nice birthday present for Hito.

All this over The Last of Us? why? Its like Uncharted, except its not Uncharted, which is why Im not buying it. The Uncharted characters made that game. This looks like a clone of it with less memorable characters and worse art.

It's a little sad how the game industry at large seems to be so desperately obsessed with comparing themselves to film.

Bless his heart.

Games trying to be film is the main reason why I ditched most of gaming. Games are not film. They should stop trying to be what they arent and focus on the strengths.
This is why development costs are through the roof.

KALLEN KALLEN KALLEN KALLEN KALLEN KALLEN KALLEN KALLEN

sorry. Had a moment.

Clamp's art is definitely better.

/XX/

Japan Expo commences in a month (July, 4) and some confirmations of assistance make it look even more interesting; Savin Yeatman-Eiffel will bring The 2 QueenS to the event at a special panel, while Shōji Kawamori (accompanied by Thomas Romain, who took advantage of the opportunity) will be there as a guest of honor for several signing sessions and such.

Happy Birthday Hitokage.
Happy Birthday, Hitokage!

Their only reference is the Goofy movie.
Waiting for someone to use Top Secret! levels of extreme elasticity.

The 'fondue bacchanalia' they make on Astérix in Switzerland always made me hungry, and it can't get more messy than that at the end!

cajunator

Banned
Yeah I've been reading the manga, I've only fallen behind on it recently.

I've seen a few of the OVAs. I remember the one where Haruna turned into a cat at least.

Oh we ALL remember that OVA!

Clamp art is always beautiful.

And full of subtext.

DELICIOUS SUBTEXT.

Clamp art is pretty gorgeous stuff. Some of the Chi artworks are a good example. They do very elegant and pleasing work.
And then they turn it into anime form that looks like the robots in Laputa.

Futari wa Precure 45

Singing time episode! Antagonists continue to be pathetic. Not only are they not trying to steal Porun, they're not even presenting a challenge any more. This episode's fight was basically a time trial run, and the Cures beat up both the bad guys (we're not talking Zakenna mooks either, this is two out of the three main villains!) and still made it back to the stage in time for their solo.

It looks like next episode the villains are going to actually do something competent, though. Let's see how that goes!

Well it's the final stretch, so that will happen!

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure 46

Oh noes, the bad guys stole the Prism Stones' power from Porun! I would never have guessed such a shocking twist could occur! Whatever will happen next?!

Apparently what will happen next is the Cures setting out with looks of determination to face their final battle. Three episodes left to defeat evil once and for all! Go beat up those useless villains, Nagisa and Sidekick!

Futari wa Precure 46

Oh noes, the bad guys stole the Prism Stones' power from Porun! I would never have guessed such a shocking twist could occur! Whatever will happen next?!

Apparently what will happen next is the Cures setting out with looks of determination to face their final battle. Three episodes left to defeat evil once and for all! Go beat up those useless villains, Nagisa and Sidekick!

Sadly Sidekick will probably stay there for the rest of Honoka's existence.

What is the plot behind this show? Is it like the rest of TLRU or is it pretty much just sexual fanservice and yuri? (not that TLRU was much more than that either a lot of itmes)

It's pretty much a more fanservice-heavy version of original TLR, but with somewhat of a plot revolving around Yami's history and a potential threat from people related to her. Not that the anime really does anything major with it.

cnet128

Banned
Sadly Sidekick will probably stay there for the rest of Honoka's existence.

Hm? That seems like a fairly tautological statement, considering Sidekick and Honoka are one and the same.

Futari wa Precure 47

The bad guys absorb the power of the Prism Stones into themselves! It gives them the powers of...
glowing and fighting a bit better
. Ah well, that's still better than what Ilkubo managed with them back in the day.

Of course, the King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening isn't particularly impressed by this betrayalton, so he
summons everyone to the DotsukuZone to have a few words with them
. The bad guys are all like "we don't work for you any more!" and King guy is all like
"I guess I'll eat you then."
So he gives himself an upgrade and becomes the
King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening While Slowly Sucking Stuff Up With Powerful Winds
. Honestly, I think this guy should get a job as a videogame boss. He'd be pretty good at that.

Anyway, bad guys respond to this by
fusing into some kind of metal man thing
, and the Cures are saved by the unexpected appearance of...
Kiriya! He's baaaaaaack! And not dead. Well, we sort of knew that since he showed up briefly in the Christmassy episode. But still nice to see him in a more tangible form.

Dresden

Clamp art is always beautiful.

And full of subtext.

DELICIOUS SUBTEXT.

Subtext is overrated. Might be somewhat nsfw due to nipple? Dunno.

Japan Expo commences in a month (July, 4) and some confirmations of assistance make it look even more interesting; Savin Yeatman-Eiffel will bring The 2 QueenS to the event at a special panel, while Shōji Kawamori (accompanied by Thomas Romain, who took advantage of the opportunity) will be there as a guest of honor for several signing sessions and such.

That should be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom