• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
For better or worse YOU JUST GOT KEYED! Whether you enjoy this phenomenon or not is up to you.

Obama-Keyed-Into-Car.png

Heartcatch Precure - 5

I swear, there needs to be a Slender mod with that Coupe thing because that thing is creepy!

I also feel like slapping price tags on some scenes here.

Oh look, it's another new villain. And his name's Cobraja.

So...

Cobra_commander.jpg

+

Kunal-Nayyer_240.jpg

=

201351-cobraja_picture_1_large.jpg

?

Why the hell did that Ramen monster have the Neogaf Logo on it?

Oh and a kid didn't think his dad care for his dream, but it turns out he does. That was a thing.

So far, the only thing I'm really enjoying out of this show is the opening theme (that song is hella catchy!) and animation. Everything else has been kinda meh. But if this is the style of show they're going for, I'm hoping that some really serious life issues get explored in this show. Sooner or later...

trejo

Heartcatch Precure - 5

So far, the only thing I'm really enjoying out of this show is the opening theme (that song is hella catchy!) and animation. Everything else has been kinda meh. But if this is the style of show they're going for, I'm hoping that some really serious life issues get explored in this show. Sooner or later...

Here's a piece of advice for you. Skipping and fast forwarding are your friends. I know it increased my enjoyment of the show about tenfold not having to sit through so much fluff.

Also, courtesy of 7th:

cool action scenes episodes in hc precure: 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 23, 30, 33, 41, 48, 49; special marks for: 1, 9, 23, 33, 48 and 49 (AD by Yoshiko Umakoshi)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The thread is (generally) more reasonable than I would have expected thus far, although I do have several habitual IT'S 4 PEDOZZ posters on ignore so perhaps I'm not seeing the worst posts. Still, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Jex

First few replies seem to reasonable people bagging on the OP, don't see where the 'shitstorm' is going to come from.

Without "loli", "moe" or "pedo" in the title it's never going to be that bad. You're just going to get what you have in nearly every thread of it's kind:

- People who used to watch anime in the 80's/90's but don't watch it anymore because suddenly anime isn't about sci-fi and horror anymore.

- People who find that current anime doesn't appeal to them (e.g. it's all moe shit now)

- People who complain about the 2000's being the time when they stopped watch anime because they stopped making good anime.

- People who complain that everything looks terrible now, whether it be the art of the animation.

- People who don't like the anime art style.

- People who like anime and wish to defend it against it's detractors.

It's all very standard by this point. Everyone plays their roles but no-one is particularly enlightened by the experience.

Hm? That seems like a fairly tautological statement, considering Sidekick and Honoka are one and the same.

Futari wa Precure 47

The bad guys absorb the power of the Prism Stones into themselves! It gives them the powers of...
glowing and fighting a bit better
. Ah well, that's still better than what Ilkubo managed with them back in the day.

Of course, the King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening isn't particularly impressed by this betrayalton, so he
summons everyone to the DotsukuZone to have a few words with them
. The bad guys are all like "we don't work for you any more!" and King guy is all like
"I guess I'll eat you then."
So he gives himself an upgrade and becomes the
King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening While Slowly Sucking Stuff Up With Powerful Winds
. Honestly, I think this guy should get a job as a videogame boss. He'd be pretty good at that.

Anyway, bad guys respond to this by
fusing into some kind of metal man thing
, and the Cures are saved by the unexpected appearance of...
Kiriya! He's baaaaaaack! And not dead. Well, we sort of knew that since he showed up briefly in the Christmassy episode. But still nice to see him in a more tangible form.

Enjoy what you see of
Kiriya

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure 48

Porun: best mascot doing best mascot things.

So what if he doesn't have the Prism Stones' power any more?
So what if the Cures are stuck in a far-off dimension of darkness?
So what if his crazy beams of power-up can't reach?
So what if the manifestation of all that is wrong with the world Queen is using up all her power just maintaining the Garden of Light and can't help out?

Porun ain't gonna let any of that shit stop him.

When Porun wants to power up Precures, Porun POWERS UP PRECURES. Even if he has to get
Wisdom saying "popo" to do it. lol.

Cue Nagisa and Sidekick
taking out silly metal man without breaking a sweat

Except then
the King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening While Slowly Sucking Stuff Up With Powerful Winds remembers what he was supposed to be doing and eats the weaksauce villains up, Prism Stone Power and all
. So now he's like stupidly powerful and he's going to destroy all worlds and stuff.

The Cures escape a nasty attack by falling through a dimensional crack back into the human world, but then something happens that nobody could have predicted.

The King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening...
stops standing in the distance looking threatening. HE FOLLOWS THEM.
Looks like shit is about to get very real. ...Just in time for the last episode, too!

Here's a piece of advice for you. Skipping and fast forwarding are your friends. I know it increased my enjoyment of the show about tenfold not having to sit through so much fluff.

Why would you fast forward a magical girl show ?
There is no reason to do that.

And your list of episodes make no sense , if you follow that you'd avoid all the episode where there is a significant plot happening.

I will never understand the focus of referencing just some specific episodes ... If it's to avoid fillers, fine but in your case this is ALL WRONG

To-Love Ru Darkness - 07

Why don't we see you more often, Mikado-sensei. ;_;

Oh my umm, I don't think I've ever been as interested in To Love Ru as much as I have been now.

I really need to stop looking in this thread so often. Everytime I come here I end up watching a new anime I just saw someone mention. I now have 5 shows I'm currently watching because of this. Good thing its summer I guess.

It's all very standard by this point. Everyone plays their roles but no-one is particularly enlightened by the experience.

I feel like anyone actually amenable to persuasion or recommendations on the subject would come into this thread, or perhaps one of the individual show threads, instead of popping into whatever the general anime thread on the front page of Off Topic that day is.

Oh my umm, I don't think I've ever been as interested in To Love Ru as much as I have been now.

I really need to stop looking in this thread so often. Everytime I come here I end up watching a new anime I just saw someone mention. I now have 5 shows I'm currently watching because of this. Good thing its summer I guess.

The manga is more interesting. Super interesting.

Dresden

This is pretty cool

We are going to add english subs soon, but the text is already here: Once upon a time in a faraway land, lived a prince of unequaled beauty, who only found amusement in the torment of innocents. Dolphins, in particular, were his victims of choice, and he tortured them by the thousands. The Lord Of The Seas received word of the prince's atrocities, and saw to it that they would cease. He transformed the prince into an abomination, part man, part dolphin, consigning him to a dark prison made of clouds. Only the kiss of a very special someone would someday grant the prince his freedom, and restore him to his human form.

Short film directed by Marlène Beaube, Maxime Delalande, Clément Doranlo, Nadya Mira and Thibaud Gayral de Luca during our summer internship at Ankama Paris.

OLF77an.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He transformed the prince into an abomination, part man, part dolphin
Hito to watch this scene over and over again confirmed.

Futari wa Precure 48

The King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening...
stops standing in the distance looking threatening. HE FOLLOWS THEM.
Looks like shit is about to get very real. ...Just in time for the last episode, too!

This is reminding me that the new
selfish king
is doing just that in the new dokidoki... On that sense they went back to an old setup/setting that they used for the first season + splash star

Chihayafuru 02

Wow, I'm watching an anime about card games -- and it's not vapid, but totally enjoyable! I'm really liking this show. It's making a good use of the 20 or so minutes of footage, a lot of things happen.

Chihaya's pretty adorablay.

cajunator

Banned
What is the appeal of cute

I wouldnt know!

thankyou4aung.png

yea those were some of the best

You and me. Nakamas now.

Also, courtesy of 7th:

cool action scenes episodes in hc precure: 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 23, 30, 33, 41, 48, 49; special marks for: 1, 9, 23, 33, 48 and 49 (AD by Yoshiko Umakoshi)

WTF is this shit? skipping scenes? fast forwarding? The only acceptable reason to do this is on a rewatch to experience certain scenes again.

I feel like anyone actually amenable to persuasion or recommendations on the subject would come into this thread, or perhaps one of the individual show threads, instead of popping into whatever the general anime thread on the front page of Off Topic that day is.

Pretty much. the fans most serious about the medium are posting in here or perhaps mangagaf and I know some in the K-on thread too.

Chihayafuru 02

Wow, I'm watching an anime about card games -- and it's not vapid, but totally enjoyable! I'm really liking this show. It's making a good use of the 20 or so minutes of footage, a lot of things happen.

this show is pretty lengthy and occasionally lingers too much on Karuta (if you arent a fan of the game) but it is a hugely enjoyable experience to watch it. Kana is best girl :3

JordanN

Banned
Mushibugyo 9

The show is now at a point like other animes, you want to watch more but you can't because the episode is only 20minutes a piece. So much character development happening. @_@

this show is pretty lengthy and occasionally lingers too much on Karuta (if you arent a fan of the game) but it is a hugely enjoyable experience to watch it. Kana is best girl :3

Maybe in Season 1. Season 2 introduces Hanano, so Kana can no longer have any claim at being 'best girl'.

Jex

Well, presumably. I don't think I've actually seen anyone change their position about anime in any of those OT threads but I might well have missed it at some point.

Branduil

Although to be fair, turning them on anime is new.

Wings of Honneamise is clearly the Citizen Kane of anime*.

*Note, saying anything is the 'Citizen Kane' of anime makes no sense because as a visual storytelling medium anime has been as influenced by Citizen Kane as movies have been.

Evangelion is obviously the Citizen Kane of anime. I mean, can it even be debated?

Chihayafuru 02

I went into the show pleasantly surprised just like you! I hope you enjoy it!

cajunator

Banned
Maybe in Season 1. Season 2 introduces Hanano, so Kana can no longer have any claim at being 'best girl'.

Nah I still prefer Kana. Shes just precious. Cant help it.

Funimation updating Mirai Nikki's page, sendin' some love:

e4f73e398c07ac9525e8.png

At last Yuno. I can squee at you in bluray form.
Edit: nevermind its DVD. Still gonna squee. Cause I can buy it now.
I shall bear the shame of this mistake for all to see!

Suddenly it's a lot more breezy in here.

Now this is a damned great avatar right here.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA 1993 4

Shit gets real
once Avdol dies again. Iggy also died a rather gruesome death for an animal.

The Iced Battle was nowhere near as interesting as N'Dour or Mr Gambler (forgot his name) since there wasn't much tactics involved with the fight.

Oh and Kakyoin is back to do something again

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure 49 END

Well, I don't want to shock anyone with this terrible spoiler, but...THE PRECURES WON! Mostly thanks to Porun continuing to be awesome. Go Porun go!

Mepple and Mipple then promptly decided to
fall into an "eternal sleep"
. Yeah, sure. We'll see how long that lasts. I vote until the first episode of Max Heart. Do I win a prize?

Meanwhile,
inspired by the Cures that this world was where he wanted to be, Kiriya disappeared in a shower of rainbow sparkles (no, seriously, this is actually what happened) and was reincarnated as a REAL BOY. With no memories of his former existence, of course.
BITTERSWEET HAPPY END.

And because final episodes are, like, legally obliged to have a graduation scene, Nagisa and Sidekick graduated from their second year. That means Fujimura will be going off to a different school. OH NOES! Nagisa was barely able to talk to him when they were at the same school, how will she ever manage now?! Good thing she still has the osananajimi sidekick card to play.

So yeah, a satisfying ending to a satisfying series. I'd like to take this opportunity to rank the five Very Best Parts of Futari wa Precure (completely off the top of my head so I'm probably missing all the important ones)!

5. The stunning finale where the Cures smash the Queen into a billion pieces. What-do-you-mean-that-didn't-happen.
4. Every lacrosse game ever because as we have established it is the greatest sport.
3. The final fight with Kiriya that was filled with the feels.
2. Mepple, Mipple and Porun trying to play shiritori even though ALL THE WORDS end in "po".
1. NAGISA. Anyone who didn't see this one coming should be attacked by a Zakenna. Nagisa is adorable and I want to send her all the love letters and do all sorts of unspeakable things with her that will cause her to make the best embarrassed face ever. Pairing her with Honoka is not allowed (except possibly in doujins) because they have achieved a level of friendship far beyond such things. Pairing her with Shiho is acceptable, but I want in on that action too. Pairing her with Fujimura is totally okay because look at her face it would make her so happy d'awwwwwwwww!

Now bring on Max Heart! (Famous last words?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom