• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformation sequences are nice but I don't need to sit through them every single time nor do I need to watch one of the mascots poop out a magical seed on every occasion. I also do not need to sit through an episode that reminds me I need to finish all of my summer homework and others like it so yeah, skipping around a ton in Heartcatch is part of what led me to have such a high opinion of the show. Come at me bros!

Transformation sequences ..ok you can skip them

But the rest ? hell no.
OUt of all the filler episodes in heartcatch , you choose that one ? I don't understand .. That episode was a perfect exemple of something to not be missed.

trejo

OUt of all the filler episodes in heartcatch , you choose that one ? I don't understand .. That episode was a perfect exemple of something to not be missed.

Heaven's no, I skipped around through most of them until like the last quarter, which is when things had finally started getting really interesting. That one's just the one that came to mind first.

Toriko Episode 104 Approaching Threat! Hurry, Toriko! the Path to the Bubble Fruit! (FuniHulu)
BMCQZtBCAAEYnd4.png

What? For the episode he ought to have definitely thought of something different than taking inspiration from Dragon Ball's Snakeway and rushing through it to powerup before the incoming threat arrived (Toriko must get through Bubble Way before the powerful enemy arrives and destroys things) as it was...well hard to see it as original.
The Granny Setsuno, living national treasure, knock off seems compelling, I wonder whose stronger.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 1993 END

I, DIO

I, DIO

I, DIO

I, DIO

I, DIO

I, DIO

I, DIO

I, DIO

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I, DIO, HAS FELT FEAR (says it like he doesn't give a fuck)

There should be a drinking game to see how many times Dio says I, DIO or anything similar to it. At least he got his face caved in. Some wits and bouts happened in this fight, and it was pretty nuts for a Jojo fight (probably moreso in the manga), and was pretty great for it too.

I must say, I noticed a strange occurance with Jotaro's head. At first, it was more appropriate in regards to the series, where it just grew out more and more until he looked like his 2000 incarnation. But lets just say it was time spent not cutting his hair on his way to Uncle Dio's place. As a result, everything became darker, because that's the power of Jotaro's hair, and probably a hint at the fullest capabilities of his Stand.

The biggest thing to note here is that Jotaro can actually produce manly tears now that Bronareff is leaving for France, thus leaving Jotaro and Joseph to leave.
RIP Iggy, Kakyoin, Avdol (for real)
. This was an enjoyable OVA, but I'd probably need to look into this more to get the full context of this part. Other than that, Battle Tendency ended with Joseph listening to his Walkman. Stardust Crusaders ended to Joseph listening to his Walkman.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To-Love Ru Darkness - 08

It was at this part in the manga that I got pretty hyped at the possibility of what could occur in the future. I really like the fact that they're taking a character that I thought was doomed to forever be in the sidekick/assistant role to a supporting character and turning her into
a possible candidate for Rito's harem and making her relevant to story. She is a legit dark horse in my eyes and I hope she gets more of a focus moving forward (it was around here that I took a break so I'm not sure what happened next).

CorvoSol

My handle is a homonym of that. Also, you've clearly been in that fanart thread too long.

I don't even know if there's a such thing as being in the fanart thread too long.

Yes.
However there are no oranges or tomatoes but there may be potatoes.

There were potatoes in Betterman. Technically, it SHOULD go Tomatoes are potatoes are oranges, but brevity is the soul of wit and all.

Slayers Next 11

Zelgadis will never, ever see the inside of the Clair Bible and never, ever turn back into a real human. If that wasn't clear before, this episode makes it so. Man, Amelia's wedding night is going to be a rocky affair.

Oh, and also Lina got her magic back and the gang fought off some Monsters.

jbug617

Banned
Yuyushiki 9

It's great that they are involving the other girl group into the show. It was funny when
Aikawa wanted a photo of Yui.

Ben-To: Episode 1

I've seen this anime before (actually about 3 times before already) and this episode always gets me. The MC is funny, he makes such out of place predictions of the situations he's in, and each character that is shown gives off an interesting quirk that makes you want to know more about them. Not much action is shown in the episode but I still like all the sweat and spit they show when someone gets hit.

The black haired girl (I'll never get names right) still gives one of the biggest slaps I've ever seen in my long years of watching anime.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure - 5

So far, the only thing I'm really enjoying out of this show is the opening theme (that song is hella catchy!) and animation. Everything else has been kinda meh. But if this is the style of show they're going for, I'm hoping that some really serious life issues get explored in this show. Sooner or later...
We already told you this is not that kind of show. You are probably better off just dropping it.

cajunator

Banned
Ben-To: Episode 1

I've seen this anime before (actually about 3 times before already) and this episode always gets me. The MC is funny, he makes such out of place predictions of the situations he's in, and each character that is shown gives off an interesting quirk that makes you want to know more about them. Not much action is shown in the episode but I still like all the sweat and spit they show when someone gets hit.

The black haired girl (I'll never get names right) still gives one of the biggest slaps I've ever seen in my long years of watching anime.

Why was this never licensed?
Why is there no Ice witch figures?
Why isnt there a second season?
Why why why why why?

CorvoSol

You develop a taste for things competent versions exist for.

What could possibly be better than forced transformation diaper quicksand fetish versions of Pokemon fan art?

ZZ Gundam 29

Judau is taking
the death of Leina
pretty hard, and Roux is there to tell him he needs to man the heck up. Beecha doesn't like Roux tellin' his boy to be a man, and legit tries to kill her twice in the episode. Meanwhile Puru continues her bid for imouto and Glemy continues to fail to convince Roux to pay attention to him.

But yeah, Judau is takin' it pretty damn hard.

cajunator

Banned
Goddammit Hito it's gonna take me long to get used to your new avatar. :mad:

His avatar is Ami with her computer goggles.
its perfect and squee.

Actually cajun there was a ice witch figure but ...

Well here it is

It's just that it wasn't a great fig at all.

But yeah , the lack of season 2 hurts....

This ones a little better
http://plamoya.com/fr/bento-hg-christmas-figure-sen-yarizui-ayame-shaga-set-of-2-p-62474.html

still disappointing.

Why was this never licensed?
Why is there no Ice witch figures?
Why isnt there a second season?
Why why why why why?

I say the same things. If this was on blu-ray I would've picked this up day 1. Also I remember reading an article about anime's people wanted second seasons for, and it was on it. So I guess Japan quite liked it too.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To-Love Ru Darkness - 09

Oh wow at that bath scene between Mikado and Murasame. I remember this part in the manga where
Yami beings talks about her past and the scientist Tearju who was a big part of it
. With only 3 episodes left I wonder where they're going to end it..

To Love-Ru Darkness 11

MORE development for Yami, and Mea's wavering stance. She got a new room though.

And tentacles. Failed use of tentacles for Oshizu and Tearju goodness. And Breastfeeding. And Mea still being as provocative as ever.

Anyway, I guess we have that shread of development done with, however, at this rate, Nemesis won't make a real appearance. If the Popsicle GIF told me anything, it'll end with the Gym Shed incident with Momo. And oooooh man, I've been waiting for this.

cajunator

Banned
To Love-Ru Darkness 11

MORE development for Yami, and Mea's wavering stance. She got a new room though.

And tentacles. Failed use of tentacles for Oshizu and Tearju goodness. And Breastfeeding. And Mea still being as provocative as ever.

Anyway, I guess we have that shread of development done with, however, at this rate, Nemesis won't make a real appearance. If the Popsicle GIF told me anything, it'll end with the Gym Shed incident with Momo. And oooooh man, I've been waiting for this.

Yayoi works so well with posts like this.

Yo survivor.

Finished Ready Player One. It was eh. Not awful, but not really what I was looking for.

Guess I'll make that thread (and probably make an ass of myself).

Sain seya omega - 060 ( first 7 minutes )

What the hell is this episode ?
Given by the title only i know my worst fear about this franchise are about to be met.

Whyyyyyyyyy

Metrotab

Banned
LIBERTY STANDS FOR FREEDOM
OH HAIL THE FLAG THAT SET US FREE

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 86: New Government in August

~ In the end, democracy has to rely on an individual's fame, doesn't it? ~

And so, after 3 seasons, Yang finally becomes that which he never wanted to be: the personification of republican democracy, the last pillar to upheld this value in the galaxy. It is quite ironic that the FPA anthem gets sung at his enshrinement, since Yang never really liked that song I recall. It is a catchy anthem though.
Seems to me Truniht is still involved with the underground Terraist network. Will this cult never subside? They tend to ruin everything.

CorvoSol

The Count of Monte Cristo 21

OH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. The Count exacts his revenge upon Danglars and Villefort in this episode, and its SO good. The looks on their faces as they realize who he is are priceless, and his punishment for them superb. He gifts Danglars with so much gold he'll never want again, only to leave him adrift in space with that gold forever, and he has Andreia poison Villefort to madness after dragging an admission of his affair in public, ruining the man forever. And speaking of Andreia, his entire scene is gloriously messed up, as is Baroness Danglars' realization of what she had done.

It's so amazing to see how positively empty the Count is left by his quest for revenge, and how gloriously sinister he's become because of it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is this thread helpful with old anime OST?
First time here :O

By all means ask here, although you could just PM Geneijin if you don't get a satisfactory response as he's the local expert on that sort of thing but doesn't post in this thread anymore.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No, sir, not until you've gone through the Happy Science gauntlet. Mystic Laws is too high-level for the uninitiated!
Translation: If you want to see the kind of crazy that's in the trailer, there are five other films already available to see and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom