• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Oh I forgot to mention she's a fan of NeoGAINAX too. Hinamaru Kindergarten and Dantalian primarily. I feel like I've failed as a brother.

She must have been digging through your files.

2oG6Lai.gif

Oh I forgot to mention she's a fan of NeoGAINAX too. Hinamaru Kindergarten and Dantalian primarily. I feel like I've failed as a brother.

Those are both good shows though. Dantalion primarily for Dalian.

I've actually seen Hinamaru Kindergarten because I heard it was a good comedy and a lot of people kept recommending it to me at various sites. I thought the anime would be about the kindergarten teacher and his daily life but I was horribly wrong. Still, it was pretty funny in a childish way.

Also, I wanted to know where this gif came from and people said it was Hinamaru Kindergarten so I thought might as well give it a shot.

CorvoSol

Get her to watch Garzey's Wing and/or MAD BULL 34 and set things right.

There are days where I hope a terrible apocalypse strikes and the only record of human history that survives is the English dub of Garzey's Wing.

Attack on Titan 1

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EFF.

Damn, what a killer opening! The music is nice, the style is interesting, if a bit too Next Gen Brown. And man, I haven't felt this afraid of a giant naked human being since End of Evangelion. I mean WOW. Definitely vying with Gargantia for my show of the season.

Mandoric

Banned
Everyone looks like a five-year-old.

love that KURO     KI typesetting at 0:39

it's like it's 2007 and no one has a computer that can handle \fr(whatever) yet (and also i haven't personally forced good visual taste down anyone's throat yet)

Attack on Titan 1

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EFF.

Damn, what a killer opening!.

That opening was so awesome it practically became a meme for parodies.

I swear type in Shingeki no (anime of choice here) on youtube and there's a 90% chance an anime you like parodies the opening there.

Now and Then, Here and There 1

il5wc01ZmKLCK.jpg

Dead eye moe is the best eye moe.

This was quite the opening episode. We have our genki as fuck protag, some adorable soulless girl and some kind of future (other dimension?) organization that's pursuing her. I really dig the soundtrack for this, and the battle scene was nice to look at. I think I remember seeing something about this show being depressing as fuck, but we'll just see how depressing it is!

CorvoSol

That opening was so awesome it practically became a meme for parodies.

I swear type in Shingeki no (anime of choice here) on youtube and there's a 90% chance an anime you like parodies the opening there.

You know, last night I was watching my 3 year old nephew and we watched Mickey Mouse and there was this giant and that's what I was reminded of during this. That and Shadow of the Colossus.

cajunator

Banned
Now and Then, Here and There 1

This was quite the opening episode. We have our genki as fuck protag, some adorable soulless girl and some kind of future (other dimension?) organization that's pursuing her. I really dig the soundtrack for this, and the battle scene was nice to look at. I think I remember seeing something about this show being depressing as fuck, but we'll just see how depressing it is!

Oh man. I really love this show but a handful of people here really dont.
what I like about it is the way it pulls no punches.
its unabashedly depressing and the characters in it are horriblr to each other in a way thats fascinating to watch.
Lord Hamdo is a fucking bastard dictator and the whole show just gives off the most uncomfortable vibe. But for what this show is aiming for, that works.
And yes, lalaru is adorable. Poor girl.

Detective Conan 208:
Solid story. They did something a bit unique again. The culprit was very obvious (
as soon as they mentioned the worker who died, I knew that Ayako was going to be his sister
), but the solution wasn't something I expected. I like that the case had a lot of moving parts, and that each of the characters in the story had good motivations and their own actions which made sense. As is generally expected of a special, the musical choices were very good. Detective Conan has a great OST in general, and in specials they tend to really go all out at using some of the best and most iconic pieces in memorable ways.

Syrinx

So is Garzey's Wing a terrible anime that the English dub even furthers into the shit department, or is it a competent show butchered by the abysmal/amazing dub?

CorvoSol

So is Garzey's Wing a terrible anime that the English dub even furthers into the shit department, or is it a competent show butchered by the abysmal/amazing dub?

There is no language in which Garzey's Wing could ever be considered competent.

cajunator

Banned

Its a terribly awesome anime made more terribly awesome by the awesomely terrible dub.

Chronoexe

There are days where I hope a terrible apocalypse strikes and the only record of human history that survives is the English dub of Garzey's Wing.

Attack on Titan 1

Damn, what a killer opening! The music is nice, the style is interesting, if a bit too Next Gen Brown. And man, I haven't felt this afraid of a giant naked human being since End of Evangelion. I mean WOW. Definitely vying with Gargantia for my show of the season.

Can't wait for your impressions of EP 5

fertygo

Shin Getter Robo -END-

Goddamn..

fsYQRx5.jpg

look to that bitch

ms3sm4o.jpg

When you thought its over

g61VDNU.jpg

Bwahahahaha this totally Diebuster/TTGL in the end. Gainax can only steal and ripoff! /jabtosomebody

I can't write much about this show because its straightforward super robot anime, and great one at that.. I can waste bad taste Big O ending with this.

Really looking forward playing this scenario in Z2.. Now I know why its coupled with TTGL lol

Mandoric

Banned
It's Kumeta if you know it's Kumeta, but it's not if you don't. Doesn't shine through anywhere nearly as clearly as, say, Ume in Madoka, even though they're both extremely distinctive.

Then again, Kumeta is probably a lot harder to do in motion.

and yeah, eep, whoever's doing the animation adaption, dem nostrils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom