• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To-Love Ru Darkness - 10

TnrIXXF.png
R4XgFsV.png

Mamioka doing the lord's work, bless her heart.

Seeing Tearju all flustered while being completely naked in front of Rito was quite a sight. :D

CorvoSol

Godannar 2

Wait a minute. Anna's 17? Daaaaaaang, Goh. Couldn't wait another year? Pretty awkward seeing your WIFE try not to let on to her friends that it isn't a boyfriend she has, but a HUSBANDO. Also, why IS his brother living with you? Kinda cramping the whole newly wed style, especially with how he's still hopelessly in love with you.

Aaaaaaw, they had their first fight!

My favorite thing about this show, though, is how Goh behaves and talks just like a Super Robot protagonist. He talks a LOT at FULL VOLUME, makes wild gesticulations, and is all around larger than life. Also he has a short name.

cajunator

Banned
Godannar 2

Wait a minute. Anna's 17? Daaaaaaang, Goh. Couldn't wait another year? Pretty awkward seeing your WIFE try not to let on to her friends that it isn't a boyfriend she has, but a HUSBANDO. Also, why IS his brother living with you? Kinda cramping the whole newly wed style, especially with how he's still hopelessly in love with you.

My favorite thing about this show, though, is how Goh behaves and talks just like a Super Robot protagonist. He talks a LOT at FULL VOLUME, makes wild gesticulations, and is all around larger than life. Also he has a short name.

That show is funny as hell.
only watched the first couple of episodes though.

Oh well, I thought you would have enjoyed the video games adventure aspect of the book.

I did to some extent, and the casual narration was actually exactly what I wanted. It was just the content that I wasn't crazy about.

If this writing style was applied to a shounen-esq novel, I have no doubt I would have loved it.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA - 060

This episode quickly improved after the very weak and quite horrible start.

However ! Those steel sain are useless ! And subaru is not fun to see .
I must admit that the attempt to make him a better character aren't for nothing. The sacrifice from a friend , something to protect , the premise that his aura has a secret , the dark past + amnesia ...

That's not bad for a character , and now he even has a finisher that is quite ok, hopefully he will not be a total dead weight on screen... if they do that THEN my opinion on him might change.

I really dislike subaru , i dislike the character design a little but the worst offender is the cloth design..it's just horrible.

The next episode will be important , will i manage to accept subaru as a character ? will he be usefull ?
The thing is that i can already see the twist...it's freaking obvious!
Subaru is immune to the chrono delayed because he is a pallasite.

Then will come a big revelation and we will have 1 episode where he will hesitate or refuse to accept his fate.

Predictable i tell you.

survivor

Banned
Clannad 3

So far all the episodes followed the same structure of having the MC hang out with Nagisa to develop both of them than randomly have the MC bump into some random girl to show their gimmick then move on to something else. Next episode should be fun going by the preview (Sunohara focused).

I did to some extent, and the casual narration was actually exactly what I wanted. It was just the content that I wasn't crazy about.

If this writing style was applied to a shounen-esq novel, I have no doubt I would have loved it.
Hmm, I would recommend Mistborn, but I remember you said you hated novels, especially Vin and politics. Though if Brandon Sanderson writing style is fine with you then the stand-alone sequel Alloy of Law might be fun to read. Plus it was full of action scenes and no characters as awful as Vin.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA - 60 ( continued )
Just for everyone to see how horrible this "subaru" from sain seya omega is ...

Here is the 7 error game:

Here is subaru when he was introduced ( episode 52 )

And here is now , episode 60 after a episode arc to make him "better".

Are you fooling around , lead writter ?
Who killed the costume designer ??
Are those people sane ? is there anyone sane on this ship ?
This is a freaking new meaning for stock footage recycling.
This was the opportunity to do something "different" than this and they ignored it ..

Disgusting design.

JCG

ZZ Gundam 29

Judau is taking
the death of Leina
pretty hard, and Roux is there to tell him he needs to man the heck up. Beecha doesn't like Roux tellin' his boy to be a man, and legit tries to kill her twice in the episode. Meanwhile Puru continues her bid for imouto and Glemy continues to fail to convince Roux to pay attention to him.

But yeah, Judau is takin' it pretty damn hard.

Oh, I didn't notice you're already at that part of the show.

I'm not really going to say anything else about it right now.

Godannar 2

Well, this is a Super Robot show after all. Just with more tits and asses than usual (because of Kimura from Code Geass and R2, GaoGaiGar, etc). Still, I remember liking it. The characters aren't exactly bright but they're entertaining and funny, plus the various robots have nice combinations, the action has some great moments later on and the music is pretty catchy.

You have no-one but yourself to blame for sticking with SSO.

There are good things in this anime.
Seriously. There are plenty of good things in SSO.

The problem is that there are 2 characters that need to DIE

Haruto is a lost cause , and this subaru guy is new , so they have ( they had at least ) plenty of good occasions to make him better. in this episode they tried to... They just totally missed the right target...

cajunator

Banned
SAIN SEYA OMEGA - 60 ( continued )
Just for everyone to see how horrible this "subaru" from sain seya omega is ...

Here is the 7 error game:

Here is subaru when he was introduced ( episode 52 )

And here is now , episode 60 after a episode arc to make him "better".

Are you fooling around , lead writter ?
Who killed the costume designer ??
Are those people sane ? is there anyone sane on this ship ?
This is a freaking new meaning for stock footage recycling.
This was the opportunity to do something "different" than this and they ignored it ..

Disgusting design.

This is a much better show that has subaru in it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, Googling the Ian Condry The Soul of Anime book that Jexhius posted an article about lead to this syllabus: http://web.mit.edu/fll/www/syllabi/21F063Syllabus.pdf

21F.063 / 21F.596 Anime: Transnational Media and Culture

Of course, the person teaching it is Ian Condry himself, and like all good profs, his book forms the focus of the course (instant sales!), but since we were talking about how to set up an anime course... he does something interesting.

Most of the course is based on films, but for a week on "anime based on manga", he does two episodes of Zetsubuo Sensei and Mushishi.
(The films are Mind Game, Lupin III, and Summer Wars).

I guess if you are going to pull random episodes of something, you would go for the episodic shows.

Chronoexe

High School DxD 14

There is no much about this chapter only Issei being a pervert, more Dress break , boobs everywhere and super cute Koneko~chan.

The church trio is almost complete

Can't wait for the second season, and the upcoming battles.

And I want an awesome ED like the first season, that ED is still my favorite from 2012

cajunator

Banned
High School DxD 14

There is no much about this chapter only Issei being a pervert, more Dress break , boobs everywhere and super cute Koneko~chan.

The church trio is almost complete

Can't wait for the second season, and the upcoming battles.

And I want an awesome ED like the first season, that ED is still my favorite from 2012

You are talking about the white haired cutie with cat ears right?

Narag

Sengoku Basara S2 8

Loved the open with Keiji & Hideyoshi. That forced formality that gave way to the underlying feelings regarding their past. It's great this is still engaging even when it's just talk thanks to the personality conflicts going on.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I-I just caught my little sister watching Sword Art Online. She is a Twilight fan too. This is the same girl who doesn't want to watch Utena because it looks old.

I should have heeded firehawk's warning. Now it's too late.

CorvoSol

Oh, I didn't notice you're already at that part of the show.

I'm not really going to say anything else about it right now.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiilent voooooooooooooooice is catchy, but WOW. ZZ Gundam went from being just another meh UC Gundam show to having my attention in one go.

Well, this is a Super Robot show after all. Just with more tits and asses than usual (because of Kimura from Code Geass and R2, GaoGaiGar, etc). Still, I remember liking it. The characters aren't exactly bright but they're entertaining and funny, plus the various robots have nice combinations, the action has some great moments later on and the music is pretty catchy.

You know, though, even in Betterman, which I'd say is the least of this guy's stuff, there wasn't as much as I've seen so far in Godannar. ALL WOMEN :chet as they walk, and not a single lady can go a full episode without leaning over, back arched, something. This episode had a lady full on straddling a cooling cable.

I-I just caught my little sister watching Sword Art Online. She is a Twilight fan too. This is the same girl who doesn't want to watch Utena because it looks old.

She's beyond redemption at this point. Mostly because of Twilight. Worst thing to ever happen to Washington state. Cannot believe how often, when I was in Brazil, people, Americans and Brazilians alike, would ask me if I'd ever been to Forks. No I haven't, because Forks is a blip on a map.

My sister once recommended me Sekirei while she was browsing Netflix because I guess she knew I like anime. And what a recommendation it was.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Might as well write her off and tell her to watch The Newsroom next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom