• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So is Garzey's Wing a terrible anime that the English dub even furthers into the shit department, or is it a competent show butchered by the abysmal/amazing dub?
Like, the only competent thing you get watching it in Japanese is that the tone and pacing of the actors matches the lines. Otherwise, it's just as incoherent.

7Th

Those designs remind of something else not-Kumeta.

Ninninman

402822-vlcsnap_00013.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Now and Then, Here and There 1

This was quite the opening episode. We have our genki as fuck protag, some adorable soulless girl and some kind of future (other dimension?) organization that's pursuing her. I really dig the soundtrack for this, and the battle scene was nice to look at. I think I remember seeing something about this show being depressing as fuck, but we'll just see how depressing it is!
Reposting for posterity:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34020161&postcount=3041

To Love-Ru Darkness END
2ZxYc

I've been waiting for this, and now I'm ready for this, The Momo's Sexual frustration episode! Featuring the BillyMC group.

Oh man oh man oh man, Momo, you were like one of the greatest additions to the cast. Actually, the greatest addition, since Mikan was there from the beginning. You're the reason why Darkness is as lewd and more awesome than it was before. Speaking of additions.

Yui, or the Tsundere that doesn't suck! Which seems to be the case if there's more than one existing in a universe, one is more insufferable than the other. It helps how she begins to embrace just how lewd she is, considering she could actually give Momo a run for her money in lewdness, or at the very least, tie.

39nRT.jpg

And the Popsicle Scene, the only thing the BillyMC group was good for

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Fuck the BillyMC group

The episode alone turned up this shit into 11 Yayois..... Out of a Possible 5.

No plot, just Mo Momo goodness. Shame we didn't get to Nemesis.

Denial is always the first step.
No , trully there are some thing i like and dislike in this show ... and i'm perfectly aware of the flaws.. that's why i'm extra harsh on the obvious problems the show has.

She's my favorite for various reasons. Short hair, adorable, and she has the glorious hypnobutt.
There is more to her than hypnobutts.
A delicious heat period and a glorious sister

Yep, that hypnobutt.

But for me this LN has the most difficult Waifu ranking, I just can't decide the first place.

Rias=Koneko=Irina=Akeno>Ravel=Serafall=Xenovia>Rossweisse

And the list continue...

This list is incomplete .. let me fix that

Rias=Akeno=Grayfia> Kuroka >Sonia=Ravel=Koneko>Le Fay=Serafall=Xenovia=Irina=Kunou >Rossweisse = Coriana = Kiyome Abe > Griselda = Kuisha=Yubelluna > Isabela = Karlamine=Mira=Momo=reya=ruruko=siris=tomoe=tsubaki=tsubasa=xuelan > Ile and Nel

Yep this should be the correct ranking IMO

And yeah i love the series a lot ( read all the books several times )

You better have some serious reason why you disagree with my ranking.

Girls und Panzer end

yAtk0yS.jpg

You did LITERALLY nothing!

Well that was an intense finale. Some really cool stuff going on with the perspective there. Loved the first-person parts in the final battle. Hell, I loved most of that in general.

So yeah, this was a pretty alright show. Not amazing or anything. My top 10 for 2012 wouldn't change now that I've seen this, and it probably wouldn't even make it into the honorable mentions. Still, it wasn't a waste of time.

While there were some interesting strategies here and there, I never really felt the show went beyond its premise of "alternate history where cute girls ride tanks". Even then, some of the strategy just boiled down to "run away for a while" and was reliant on the enemy either underestimating the opponent or being too "honorable".

At least I learned some nifty things about tanks (which I'll probably have forgotten by tomorrow).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why is everyone focusing on the nostrils in Uchoten when the ears are ten times as horrifying?

fertygo

I don't get hire someone for chara designer if the 2nd (animation) chara designer completely change the quirk, just let the 2nd one do the whole thing then.

Mandoric

Banned
I don't get hire someone for chara designer if the 2nd (animation) chara designer completely change the quirk, just let the 2nd one do the whole thing then.

guy a is good at drawing people

guy b is good at simplifying people so $1/frame koreans can draw them too

This is going to be more depressing and awkward to watch than Aku no Hana.

No.

Kumeta can't do animation designs, but he's a name that can be used for promotional purposes. Meanwhile, P.A. Works has no good animators. You see the result.

Attack on Titan 8:
So, did they just decide not to animate multiple scenes for this episode? That was really odd, and it just made everything around it feel diminished. Which is a shame, because there were some really good moments in this episode, with some really nice emotional beats. Unlike last episode, the music, particularly at the end, felt very fitting. This was a very good episode for Armin and Jean, who show their resourcefulness in certain situations. The horror was diminished some compared to the last few episodes, but there were some good character moments. I actually think they've made some interesting decisions as far as the adaptation process goes that should make some later scenes have more impact in the anime than in the manga.

fertygo

That watamote anime look similar to other otaku moe anime for me, not gonna affect me any shit.

Kumeta can't do animation designs, but he's a name that can be used for promotional purposes. Meanwhile, P.A. Works has no good animators. You see the result.
yup.

Have you not seen anything about the massive production problems this show is having?

Oh, I've heard about it. I just didn't realize that it was so bad that they were just going to have multiple scenes be vomics. There's production problems, and then there's that.

(The 'decide not to animate' wording was just a bit of flippancy on my part if that wasn't clear)

Joe Molotov

Revolutionary Girl Utena 08

Hahahahaooooooly shit! That elephant, man.

That fucking elephant.

utena_oniisamaethissucks.png

First a horse, then a boxing kangaroo, now an elephant. I'm dying over here. #TeamMeanGirls

Well, not that Kumeta is famous for super detailed artworks or designs.

http://youtu.be/4Ug17fq8ges

Shouldn't be more expensive than what PA Works is doing right now.

Now that you put that video up, I know who everyone's talking about now. I like this guy's work even though its probably not the best looking.

Also that show in the video is amazing. I never laughed as hard as I did at that show. I still remember the funny school pool episode where they put a rocket in the pool or something.

K-On!! 4

SCHOOL TRIPS, aka an episode without Azusa. If only if Futari wa Precure: Max Heart followed through with the "HEY THIS YEAR OF STUDENTS ONLY, NO OTHER FUCKS" thing instead of finding a way to shove in the Citizen Kane of Pretty cures.

Otherwise, it's about what you expect from one of these episodes, with a K-On flavor. Mio was a bit uptight, but obviously started to loosen up as the episode progressed. Yui.... Yui wants the band to be around even when they graduate. Oh man, that's something to see at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom