• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
One thing I'd like to see Hataraku Maou-sama do, even if as a joke, is take Chiho or the manager to Enta Isle and see if a person taken there may find that they are in fact a demon or angel as a joke fanservice episode. Little Chiho with a devil's tail, that's awesome, that needs to be done.
That's the spirit.

Slayers NEXT 15

So I definitely think 2nd Season is the best season of Slayers. That said, this episode is creepy as hell, because it is all about scary dolls, and when I was younger, my older sister had a collection of creepy as hell dolls. Oh, and Xellos kisses Lina. Amelia makes sure Gourry doesn't see. He's too busy being a jellyfish.

Next is clearly the peak , even if the third season is not that far behind.

wonzo

Banned
EVERYTHING SMUT 7-10

hairsmut9.jpg

This never ceases to amaze with just how much lewd shit it's able to cram into almost each and every episode. It'd be the only thing making this incredibly stupid show worth watching if it wasn't thanks to the excellent animation and composition.

Jintor

One Piece 76

I will say though that Ms Golden Week's design is fuckin' rad. Cutie patootie.

/edit seriously? A candle mech? Pfft.

Theonik

Hataraku Maou Sama 10
This was a very fun episode. Suzune and Chiho being Moe, and plenty of good faces and gags, although some admitedly are overused in anime.
When the SFC manager turns out to be the 4th General I'll be all like I TOLD YOU SO.

I think they've run out of people to introduce, so I guess things are going to continue in this gear until they use up all their episodes. Which isn't so bad, because this show's still a lot of fun, besides Japanese boob humor, which I always find weird. There are great intense reaction images here.
They still
have to reveal that the SFC manager is the 4th demon general. They've been practically teasing this since he appeared and the ending of this episode hinted heavily to it, or at least re-affirmed that he's indeed an important character assuming that was indeed him.

mAcOdIn

Hataraku Maou Sama 10

This was a very fun episode. Suzune and Chiho being Moe, and plenty of good faces and gags, although some admitedly are overused in anime.
When the SFC manager turns out to be the 4th General I'll be all like I TOLD YOU SO.

They still
have to reveal that the SFC manager is the 4th demon general. They've been practically teasing this since he appeared and the ending of this episode hinted heavily to it, or at least re-affirmed that he's indeed an important character assuming that was indeed him.
Ahem,
Why does he have to be a demon general? While I think the show may flirt with the concept of demon's being fallen angels thus blurring the line between demons and angels I'm willing to bet that the SFC manager is neither a demon nor ever a part of Maou's forces, so, definitely not a demon general. In fact we've been given TONS of clues that he's not in fact a demon, from Emi stating that to cancel her powers the attacker can't be a demon to the more obvious color of his wings.

This is of course assuming that the SFC manager is the attacker, which if he isn't the show's pretty blatantly trolling with his look in his cloak in the latest episode and in the episode where kimono girl was introduced when Emi initially accused her of being the attacker but later noted that she has no signs of the paint nor smell and then the SFC guy's wearing a hat, shades and cologne. Of course, what the fuck kind of paintball stinks and shows after days, surely the attacker showered since then right? Right?
That's the spirit.
Must fully give in to the fanservice industry, it's the future.
That's very impressive post lol, I agree about its not making sense and all but I won't complaining much since those guy making some technology magic in 80's lol

And macross does have some cool technology like video phone, I'm watching a lot of old mecha anime lately and laughing when I found they already showing stuff that look and have function like Ipad long ago.
Lots of sci-fi tv and movies gets that, misses it too for great comedic effect lol.

Theonik

Ahem,
Why does he have to be a demon general? While I think the show may flirt with the concept of demon's being fallen angels thus blurring the line between demons and angels I'm willing to bet that the SFC manager is neither a demon nor ever a part of Maou's forces, so, definitely not a demon general. In fact we've been given TONS of clues that he's not in fact a demon, from Emi stating that to cancel her powers the attacker can't be a demon to the more obvious color of his wings.

This is of course assuming that the SFC manager is the attacker, which if he isn't the show's pretty blatantly trolling with his look in his cloak in the latest episode and in the episode where kimono girl was introduced when Emi initially accused her of being the attacker but later noted that she has no signs of the paint nor smell and then the SFC guy's wearing a hat, shades and cologne. Of course, what the fuck kind of paintball stinks and shows after days, surely the attacker showered since then right? Right?
Oh yeah you are probably right,
he's probably an angel or something similar if anything. I had forgotten about that scene.

Erigu

Maybe pointed out already (sorry), but Amazon Japan is now saying Kizumonogatari will hit screens in 2013.
Considering Newtype is hyping a Monogatari series-related announcement for its next issue, there might be something indeed, there.

(I know, not the first time we've been given a year for that one, but hey!)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hibiki & Teacher or bust imo.

Agreed.

Actually, it's funny. IIRC, the teacher arc in the original game was a "bad ending". But they retconned that and made her a possible waifu with the exception that
dude graduates before they can hook up

The rule is that fanboys always win. Always. lol

Good.

Yuyushiki - Episode 9.

All that build up to the Yui x Aikawa scene... omg.... squuuuuuuuel. :sdburton

I was fist pumping over here during that scene. :lol

Maybe pointed out already (sorry), but Amazon Japan is now saying Kizumonogatari will hit screens in 2013.
Considering Newtype is hyping a Monogatari series-related announcement for its next issue, there might be something indeed, there.

(I know, not the first time we've been given a year for that one, but hey!)

I won't believe it until it's out in theaters. And maybe not even then!

Necrovex

Utena 8

Chu-Chu is still the star of the show.

How did the President throw hundreds of knives when he only had four in his hand?

Juri was a pretty good antagonist this episode. But she will soon believe in the power of miracles! If not, at least she can bully the Vice Principal of her pushover school.

Do I have to watch the recap episodes?

Joe Molotov

Had a J.C. Staff marathon last night; watched a few episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena (finished the first arc) and a few episodes of Kill Me Baby.

Also, watched the first ep of the Giant Robo OVA

Jex

To be fair it is pretty shitty when people throw unwarranted spoilers for a completely different show inside their spoiler comments. :/

Which is why people should fully disclose each and every show their spoiling in their spoiler description!

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 14

Nagisa runs into Fuji-P and decides to go and cheer him on at his football game. Needless to say, this results in 110% adorable Nagisa content. This episode gets my official Seal of Approval.

Other notable feature of this episode: it was the source of the infamous spinning-Nagisa GIF. lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Space Brothers] 61

I've come to the conclusion that the reason this show can get away with its snails-arse pacing is the theme song. The one that goes doo doo do do doo doo do dooooo. Shit's soothing and fist-pumping at the same time.
I skimmed the recap episode.
You are a bad person.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 316 – The Reanimated Allied Forces
BMPkBQpCYAEfgfE.png

Should have been a canon episode as the whole part of how the reanimation jutsu was put into play by Lord Orochimaru, and then Kabuto going to the different graves to get the bodies and chat really help to enhance that aspect of this arc. Bonus Sasuke screentime was way pleasing.

Nagisa runs into Fuji-P and decides to go and cheer him on at his football game. Needless to say, this results in 110% adorable Nagisa content. This episode gets my official Seal of Approval.

Other notable feature of this episode: it was the source of the infamous spinning-Nagisa GIF. lol.

You're in the middle of one of those "nose-dive" point in animation .the common accepted reason is the first movie taking ressources . it should get better in a few eps .

There will be a second dive after ep 27 ( or during ) ..brace yourself.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 15

Hikari focus(?) episode. Normally I would consider this a bad thing, but in this case the spotlight was really stolen by Hikari's two classmates, who are adorable. They're also massive fangirls of Nagisa and Honoka, and do a surprisingly good impression of their beloved senpais.

So of course they're overjoyed when they run into the real Nagisa and Honoka, and randomly decide to stage an impromptu 3-on-3 basketball match against some older guys who were playing nearby. This allows Nagisa to show off her sporting skills (which is always fun) and Honoka to show off her supporting skills (geddit? sporting skills and supporting skills? Ahahahahaha brb I'll just go kill myself.)

There was probably a Zakenna fight in this episode somewhere too but honestly I didn't even notice. Oh, and Honoka was wearing a cute dress.

http://i.imgur.com/qvOieY6.jpg[/IG]

The Official Art are slowly getting better. Maybe by the time it comes out, their bodies will look acceptable.[/QUOTE]

That Makoto and Haruka one of the few instances where official art is just as good as awesome fanarts. Hopefully US Animate gets all these things as posters, wallscrolls, and other materials in August and etc, I need them all.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 16

Nagisa's fortune says she's super lucky this week, so she gets overconfident and does badly in a test. Yawn. Moving right along...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria The Animation 1

I really like the setting and soundtrack, but I guess my tastes still won't allow me to enjoy something this uneventful. Thought it would be good to compliment my hype for Animal Crossing, but I guess not.
It's probably not for everyone but from my own experience the first few episodes weren't particularly compelling to start with. At the very least, you should pick up the delicious Choro Club soundtrack.

So, first there's a joke to be made about how boring One Piece arcs can get because it takes 30 episodes to tell a story that can be told in 2 hours, but that's not fair. lol

I could have told cosmic that he wasn't going to like Aria though. It's not pander-moe enough like Yuyushiki to appeal to that part of brain, and it's also very much place focused first and character focused second, so it's also a travelogue show of what is essentially Venice. Also, there's the whole :firehawk thing, but I know that's not for everyone either. It's a very narrow focus anyway.

That said, I think Aria The Natural is where the show hits its stride anyway.

I hope they tackle some other property to give the anime treatment too, uncharted,infamous, must be considered or even novels, animu harry potter or Artemis fowl.
On the podcast they suggested that they were working on co-pros, but wouldn't say anything.

Also, I love how they're coy about releasing actual numbers about sales, mostly because they never want to play their hand to other people. I guess that means that Japanese companies don't pay for Video Scan numbers and have no actual idea what their licenses are worth in terms of raw numbers in America.

Defuser

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 9

Holy shit! That is some nice sakuga action between two Level 5's and the 3 person combo hunting against Mikoto. Looks like next week will be GOAT with the two level 5's will go for a final clash. Koshimizu Ami does a excellent job of voicing Mugino being sadistic.

Just wait until you get to the infamous running gif.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 15

Hikari focus(?) episode. Normally I would consider this a bad thing, but in this case the spotlight was really stolen by Hikari's two classmates, who are adorable. They're also massive fangirls of Nagisa and Honoka, and do a surprisingly good impression of their beloved senpais.

So of course they're overjoyed when they run into the real Nagisa and Honoka, and randomly decide to stage an impromptu 3-on-3 basketball match against some older guys who were playing nearby. This allows Nagisa to show off her sporting skills (which is always fun) and Honoka to show off her supporting skills (geddit? sporting skills and supporting skills? Ahahahahaha brb I'll just go kill myself.)

There was probably a Zakenna fight in this episode somewhere too but honestly I didn't even notice. Oh, and Honoka was wearing a cute dress.

Probably why Hikari is a dull character. She gets her spotlight stolen when she's the main focus, and she tries to steal from other people.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 16

Nagisa's fortune says she's super lucky this week, so she gets overconfident and does badly in a test. Yawn. Moving right along...

That reminds me, seen any familiar scenes in Max Heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom