• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Ah that's more likely, though
why did it take him so long to look up for Ledo?
next episode I guess

There's no reason why he would even know Ledo is on Earth. As far as he would know, everyone else retreated from the battle. He probably only realized there was someone else like him on Earth after the events of ep3 spread to other fleets. Pinion's message would be the first thing which pinpoints exactly where they are to other fleets.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but it's hard to justify that argument from episode ten alone because basically nothing happened. It may be 'dumb' that it took so long for so little to happen but the actual scenario was fine. It's the presentation, which has dragged a relatively simple idea into two whole episodes, that's the real culprit here.

probably is. It just feels like they think they are more complex and clever than they actually are.

cnet128

Banned
Looked up descriptions of Yeti on JP Wikipedia, NicoNico Encyclopedia etc, and they all say Yeti's gender is "unidentified" >.>

Personally I'm just going to carry on assuming she's female, because I'm happier that way.

cajunator

Banned
Looked up descriptions of Yeti on JP Wikipedia, NicoNico Encyclopedia etc, and they all say Yeti's gender is "unidentified" >.>

Personally I'm just going to carry on assuming she's female, because I'm happier that way.

I accepted it under the Cute is Cute doctrine.

Theonik

Oh but he isssss.
you got Hastur'ed!
image.php

Jex

[Gargianta] - 10

That was pretty good, I suppose. It met my expectations and developed things in an enjoyable manner, even if it didn't exceed my expectations like last week. I still think I'd have preferred a series about characters just existing in this setting but I guess that was never going to happen. They went down a very specific route with this story and, while I may have liked a different kind of a series it's pointless to complain about a show being something other than what it is. They've executed on what they envisioned extremely well and I've enjoyed it throughout.

I am excited about where they will go from here.

Dresden

gargantia - 10

it's happening

Things are being taken to their expected conclusions and I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. Only one thing really bothered me in this episode, and that was
Pinion's broadcast
- you understand later on the purpose behind that move, but that purpose exists mostly as an external narrative device.

I feel like Sword Art Online would have made a lot more sense if it had started out as a VN instead of a LN.

Then this harem nonsense would at least make some sense.

Lizbeth doesn't even get another chance in the Light Novels, does she

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 01

Well, it's a promising start at the very least. Although Tia and Subaru's test seems hilarious in hindsight, since Fate and Nanoha were already top-tier mages when they were in elementary school. XD Oh well, everyone can't be a prodigy (in this season anyway). Seeing Rein and Hayate was cute, considering the end of A's. I can't wait to see the Wolkenritter again.

So yeah. Nothing too bad yet.

DiGiKerot

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 01

Well, it's a promising start at the very least. Although Tia and Subaru's test seems hilarious in hindsight, since Fate and Nanoha were already top-tier mages when they were in elementary school. XD Oh well, everyone can't be a prodigy (in this season anyway). Seeing Rein and Hayate was cute, considering the end of A's. I can't wait to see the Wolkenritter again.

So yeah. Nothing too bad yet.

One of the things I find hilarious about StrikerS is how it retcons flying, which is something that even freaking Yuno could do, into a high-level skill.

Theonik

THE レイプマン Part 03 first part
See screen 1 2 3
This manages to be more offensive than the OVA somehow, Like by a lot. There was some :SDBurton though.
Then there is what you expect from that given what this is.
I am unsure how I would evaluate this. For one it is clearly meant to be a comedy but then it drags which makes a lot of the merit vanish. It also really tries to push the absurdity and shock value of the premise as well as how offensive it is as a comedic device. To its benefit though, it still manages to have some likeable characters and it's not badly made for such a thing. IT looks very sentai-ish which isn't a surprise given the director's other work. But yeah I think I'll leave it at that.

There's no way a boy could be so cute!
Yes I refuse to believe. Gotta have the receipts.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Of course, anime has the liberty of drawing a girl and then just being like "there's actually a penis! We sure got you SUCKAZ". It's cheating.

Dresden

** 1 of 1 in / ** ★ (* 12,070 pt) 13/06/19 Oreimo S2 BD
** 2 of 2 in / ** ★ (* 34,501 pt) 13/07/17 Attack on Titan BD
** 3 of 3 in / ** ★ (* 13,982 pt) 13/06/21 Garden of Words BD

^

Basically, Oreimo shot up the rankings and passed Titan after the light novel spoilers came out. LOL

Of course, anime has the liberty of drawing a girl and then just being like "there's actually a penis! We sure got you SUCKAZ". It's cheating.

Androgyny is a fine art.

** 1 of 1 in / ** ★ (* 12,070 pt) 13/06/19 Oreimo S2 BD
** 2 of 2 in / ** ★ (* 34,501 pt) 13/07/17 Attack on Titan BD
** 3 of 3 in / ** ★ (* 13,982 pt) 13/06/21 Garden of Words BD

^

Basically, Oreimo shot up the rankings and passed Titan after the light novel spoilers came out. LOL

I guess the incest fetishists are happy that there's finally a series that doesn't pull the not-blood-related card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom