• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Aku no Hana - 08

IB66Fnp.png
aEImGL9.png

That is one hell of a cliffhanger.

It was 3 seconds more than Attack on Titan was 30 seconds.

Also, just wait until later in the arc when stuff that happens in a fraction of a second takes half the episode. It's gonna be great.

I kinda expected some sort of slow countdown or something lol.

shounen time.... reminds me of bleach where ichigo's mask on lasted half an eps = 15 secs.

also with this eps... I chortled when the army of ants gave the option for 1v1 fights.... really?

I expected a bit more out of HxH

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Asia Circuit Episode 100 (engDub)
tumblr_mo5hqiSw9x1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Excellent cardfight!! so many of my favorite cards came out and were in play for Aichi such as Advance of the Black Chains Kahedin and Knight of Passion Badgdemus and even Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue. But best of all
that new move there adding the ultimate ride on top of the crossride for his great ending combo. Utterly fantastic. I thought something like that would be saved for the final fight so I wonder what more will go on there. Maybe Toshiki Kai will defeat Leon Soryue?
. Will miss Asia Circuit as it winds down.

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 46

Ok,
the Bad End Precure were pretty cool. I have somewhat of a soft spot for dark/evil magical girls. I just like the idea. I'm sad that they only lasted one episode. To memorialize them, I shall link this SPOILER IMAGE from the episode of them.

So Pierrot is a giant blob of black paint? Ok. Also, Candy is the Queen's daughter? Shouldn't her "brother" have known this? Guess not based on his reaction.

Andrew J.

Gargantia 10

Pinion is basically
everyone who argued that the Gargantia crew overreacted to Ledo vaporizing the pirates. Using sudden technological advantages to crush your enemies and deter future attacks sounds like a good idea at first, but trying to tip the balance of power that hard is going to have consequences.

Theonik

Gargantia 10

Pinion is basically
everyone who argued that the Gargantia crew overreacted to Ledo vaporizing the pirates. Using sudden technological advantages to crush your enemies and deter future attacks sounds like a good idea at first, but trying to tip the balance of power that hard is going to have consequences.
No he's not because people never said they should wage war on the world like Pinion has decided to do.

This is fine by me. As we have established, lacrosse is the greatest sport ever, and so since I doubt even Splash Star would have the nerve to make its protagonist a lacrosse player again, any sports episodes after Max Heart would just be a downgrade.

I wouldn't go that fa---- actually.... you might be right. It only seems like an upgrade because it's not constantly in your face.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Suisei no Gargantia 10:

The new development is hopefully setting the show up for a strong and satisfying end.
What better way culminate Ledo's change in perspective by pitting him against the very thing that he used to be? It looks like Ledo's new opponent either remained unrelentingly militaristic or gave into a desire for power used his contact with humans for personal gain--we see that Kugel has an army of native humans in cult-like attire, implying that he used his technological superiority to set himself up as a god or ruler. The show has handled binary ideological conflicts well thus far, so I'm excited to see where this goes

Pinion is also a fucking meathead.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Suisei no Gargantia 10:

The new development is hopefully setting the show up for a strong and satisfying end.
What better way culminate Ledo's change in perspective by pitting him against the very thing that he used to be? It looks like Ledo's new opponent either remained unrelentingly militaristic or gave into a desire for power used his contact with humans for personal gain--we see that Kugel has an army of native humans in cult-like attire, implying that he used his technological superiority to set himself up as a god or ruler. The show has handled binary ideological conflicts well thus far, so I'm excited to see where this goes

Pinion is also a fucking meathead.

Well, alternatively,
Kugel is dead and they've just been worshiping the robot. And you basically have the Earth humans neatly divide into two factions just like the original humans.

SyFy, etc.

cajunator

Banned
Interesint lil image.

Very!

ivMKCjHJ1sjgU.gif

Not only is this the only fully CG scene in the entire first episode of Kingdom 2 (there's some background stuff with 2D elements in the foreground), but it's actually consistent with the overall look of the show and actually has some good shading.

i can't

Whats the point in watching Kingdom if theyre actually trying?

I need a good, funny anime. I'm talking a show that will make me laugh. Whats good this season? Maybe I'm missing something.

give me a moment like this

yuri5_zpse8d0c349.gif

Muromisan!!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, alternatively,
Kugel is dead and they've just been worshiping the robot. And you basically have the Earth humans neatly divide into two factions just like the original humans.

SyFy, etc.

If this show goes for a downer end, I blame you.

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki SP1

yuyushikisp1.jpg

dumb cg catgirls doing dumb cg catgirl things

The Clean OP in the first volume was some weird clipshow with some animation inserted in between. Weird.

Theonik

I'm hoping for the
Ledo goes Colonel Kurtz
end myself. I don't know if they have the balls to do it though. lol
Ledo accidentaly gets Amy killed and goes nuts. No-one believes him when he talks about evolvers. After he slaughters everyone he hides away with chamber as his sole companion and drifts away hearing chamber trying to rationalise the situation in ways he cannot agree with carrying him to greater despair while he is unknowingly carving an ocarina out of Amy's skull.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I like that idea, would be more interesting if it was a battle of chambers.

Urobochi is writing the last episode. Just sayin'

The way I see it,
it makes Ledo's development less meaningful if his final battle is against an AI that's incapable of thinking outside of the logical framework that it was programmed to use. If Kugel is actually alive, it means that Ledo is facing someone who was essentially given the same options as Ledo but chose to overpower rather than assimilate. If Ledo's final obstacle is a faceless representation of authority, he simply has to destroy it in order to gain his freedom because reasoning with a machine is futile. There's really not as much opportunity for a satisfying emotional climax in that scenario because Ledo doesn't really need to sum up everything that he's learned in Gargantia and apply it to how he carries himself in his final confrontation. Ledo already established this episode that he doesn't trust Chamber's opinion anymore because Chamber is a machine--this essentially implies that now only a fellow human soldier can potentially persuade him to continue following his mission.

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 47 & 48 (END)

And so ends another season of Pretty Cure. This was my second series, with Heartcatch being my first (I may do a writeup for that after Suite/before Fresh). And what are my thoughts on it? Well...

Of the two, I have to say, I liked this one a little better, but I think Heartcatch was the better series. I enjoyed all five Precure, as well as the vast majority of side characters. Most episodes were solid, with very few episodes sticking out as bad. Plot "twists" weren't exactly unexpected, but they didn't really harm the series in any way.

The Ending...
Not too bad. Pierrot was a pretty good villain for the last two episodes, and what went on bordered on disturbingly dark. Those empty eyes... Anyway, the entire "sacrifice" made at the end, of the Precure never being able to see Candy and Pop again was really spoiled by the post ending of them meeting again. Didn't detract terribly from it, but still a little bit of a misstep, to me.

So, with Smile done, I will be continuing onward in my Backwards Pretty Cure watch. Next up will be Suite Precure!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Actually, you know what? Fuck it, I'm starting After Story now.

Clannad: After Story 1

Well that's one way to show that they've gotten a lot more comfortable with each other since the first series I guess.

Did they chang Sanae's English voice actor? It's not very good and doesn't sound like her at all. (Apparently MAL and Wikipedia are telling me its the same VA. Wtf, it sound nothing like her.)

This OP is a quite a bit better than the first series's OP; I think I forgot to mention that that that one was bad.

And they're still awkward around each other at least a little bit, that's good.

What?
Nagisa's never met Tomoya's dad? Yes she has. Something's not right here... :/

Damn son, this animation department is working fucking overtime. That "from the baseball point of view" shot? Dear lord that looked good. And that Kotomi pitch analysis? Fuck son.

"How do you like that asshole!" You tell 'em Akio.

Anyways, great episode to reintroduce everyone
except poor little Fuko. Is she coming back or not? The OP would have me believing otherwise.

ED is not as good as the first, not by a long shot.

And so ends another season of Pretty Cure. This was my second series, with Heartcatch being my first (I may do a writeup for that after Suite/before Fresh). And what are my thoughts on it? Well...

Of the two, I have to say, I liked this one a little better, but I think Heartcatch was the better series. I enjoyed all five Precure, as well as the vast majority of side characters. Most episodes were solid, with very few episodes sticking out as bad. Plot "twists" weren't exactly unexpected, but they didn't really harm the series in any way.

The Ending...
Not too bad. Pierrot was a pretty good villain for the last two episodes, and what went on bordered on disturbingly dark. Those empty eyes... Anyway, the entire "sacrifice" made at the end, of the Precure never being able to see Candy and Pop again was really spoiled by the post ending of them meeting again. Didn't detract terribly from it, but still a little bit of a misstep, to me.

So, with Smile done, I will be continuing onward in my Backwards Pretty Cure watch. Next up will be Suite Precure!

Suite Precure is probably the only one where the series
trainwrecks towards the end
. It has a nice start at least.

Nafe

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0

Episodes 1-13(roughly)

kv0oIEY.jpg

I was planning on taking a look at this show sometime anyway but with Mad Pierrot being a big fan and people, originally anyway, not taking a look at it I thought it would be kind of a surprise for him when I posted impressions after finishing it. I've actually stalled for the moment at about the halfway point for now with trying to keep up with more recent shows or others I'm watching, so I'll just post some comments on the first half.

Personally I can agree with Mad Pierrot that I like the kind of silly almost really serious and over the top nature that the show presents itself with. Yugi is sort of the hero and protects or helps people people but does so by kind of screwing with the mind of the aggressor, haha. I like how most characters don't even think much of the crazy situations they get themselves into when going up against Yami Yugi and just have more of a "sure whatever" or "seems interesting!" kind of attitude. One person finally tries to cheat where Yugi then says "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this is a shadow game that comes with some strict penalties for cheating." I instantly recognized Yami Yugi's voice as Megumi Ogata but not regular Yugi as being her so that was a surprise.

Just things like Yo-Yo's being serious business and there's a gang that beats people up with their Yo-Yo's haha. Kaiba being introduced and just going nuts over losing to Yugi at a card game and then turning into a Saturday morning cartoon villain who will stop and nothing and make it his life's work to see that Yugi loses at said card game, haha.

Some people don't like how the Duel Monsters show would do things like introduce a brand new card that just magically happened to get Yugi out of whatever exact specific problem he was being faced with but I found it kind of funny here as everything is even more made up and completely arbitrary. It's like watching a couple of school kids arguing or something.

"I place my monster on the field space."
"I place mine on the Dark Mountains. It might seem like it loses to yours as it only has 300 points compared to your 500...SHIKASHI! by placing it on the mountains it doubles my attack points to 600 beating your monster."
"No, I still win. Placing my monster on the field space also doubles my power. Now I have 1000 points to your 600 winning the match."
"No, no. I'm telling you I win! My monster is also a dark monster and by placing it on the dark mountains it not only doubles my power by halves yours as well, therefore I still win! Ha!"

That or the one match where the guy just pulls out a monster with like 1600 attack points as his first move despite the fact that you only have 2000 life points. Apparently there's no balance and only honor rules.
"I thought we were supposed to start out with weaker monsters and build up to the powerful ones?"
"Hmm, nah." Haha.

It kind of makes you wonder how a Duel Monsters master can't be aware of all these seemingly basic rules. That, or if the game is so complicated, then how did anybody become a master in the first place?

The capsule monsters episode is even better!

"I just defeated four of your five monsters because mine are all level 4-5 where yours were 1 or 2, give up yet?"
"Nope, because even though my monster is only level 2, check this out! It has a one time special power where I can take out even a level 5 monster and not just in the space beside me but for seven spaces! (Which is about half the entire board) Since I sacrificed my monsters to set yours up in a line, you just got beamed and I win! ;p

I think of Duel Monsters matches like magic tricks. You know they're faked and ultimately bogus but it's still fun to watch them play out anyway.

I guess Miho got a bigger role in the anime as well as I had actually read some of the manga about ten years ago and didn't remember her in many of the different stories. The fact that she's voiced by Yukana as well was really surprising. I'm more used to her voice for characters like Irisu from Hyouka or C.C. from Code Geass. I remembered she did the voice for Honoka in Futari wa Pretty Cure and just did a quick listen to her voice in the first episode and they sounded similar there.

I could write more but it seems like this post is getting kind of long already so I guess it's more to Mad Pierrot that I'm watching it and while I'm not sure if I'm as big a fan of the show as you are, I do enjoy it's kind of twisted, over the top aspects. That and some of the Toei QUALITY makes it come across as even more amusing at times.

do0WPfO.jpg

Superior Imouto

Date a Live 11

Swimsuits galore! Tohka, Yoshino, Kotori (and Origami) looked so cute with theirs on.

It was nice seeing Tohka's innocence again towards everything and Kotori's shy imouto when she's not wearing the black ribbons too. Sad seeing her in pain during the date, but it did help invigorate Shido's confindence to help his precious little sister.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ledo accidentaly gets Amy killed and goes nuts. No-one believes him when he talks about evolvers. After he slaughters everyone he hides away with chamber as his sole companion and drifts away hearing chamber trying to rationalise the situation in ways he cannot agree with carrying him to greater despair while he is unknowingly carving an ocarina out of Amy's skull.
The whores horror, the horror!

The way I see it,
it makes Ledo's development less meaningful if his final battle is against an AI that's incapable of thinking outside of the logical framework that it was programmed to use. If Kugel is actually alive, it means that Ledo is facing someone who was essentially given the same options as Ledo but chose to overpower rather than assimilate. If Ledo's final obstacle is a faceless representation of authority, he simply has to destroy it in order to gain his freedom because reasoning with a machine is futile. There's really not as much opportunity for a satisfying emotional climax in that scenario because Ledo doesn't really need to sum up everything that he's learned in Gargantia and apply it to how he carries himself in his final confrontation. Ledo already established this episode that he doesn't trust Chamber's opinion anymore because Chamber is a machine--this essentially implies that now only a fellow human soldier can potentially persuade him to continue following his mission.
The problem is that the binaries/dichotomies they've set up aren't particularly interesting, especially when you consider the fact that the end game of
either side of humanity is ultimately technological improvement, it just becomes a matter of perspective of whether biological augmentation is "better" or "worse" (who cares, is my opinion) than mechanical augmentation. There are interesting concepts to be had here of course, since man IS machine is a very much SyFy concept since Dr. Frankenstein made his monster, but this show doesn't seem to know what it wants to do with it. Or at least, it's setting up a lot of ideas but there doesn't seem willing to reveal its theme because of OMG SYFY PLOT TWEEEEEEEEEEST

There's also SyrupxUrara, and KarenxMilk. And GoGo! becoming great when Milky Rose came in? Just like Yes! 5.
Karen x Milk is the only pairing i accept Aside from the fihgting part it was like watching a mini marimite.

The Ending...

Smile is not a bad serie , but smile was nothing without cure peace and joker ... those 2 characters really pushed the serie up by themselves.
Reika was a nice character but was totally underutilised ... a total shame.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 2

"The whole family loves Mae!" I don't! She should've really just not not come back. Least favorite character.

I feel bad for Youhei. Yeah, he's a piece of shit, but he's a good person at heart. He really deserves a break now and then.

I like this skunk-hair dude though.

This is totally not the same Sanae English VA, no way. Im-fucking-possible.

Uh-oh, you're in deep shit now, son.

Defuser

Suisei No Gargantia ep 10

Excellent, the final boss shows up. I was engross in the conversation between Ledo and Chamber.

Anybody find Ledo behavior kinda inconsistent? He sure didn't have qualms killing those pirates back then.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I think my experience with this film would have been better if I wasn't being pressured by my non-anime liking roommates didn't burst in intermittently during the film.

That being said, I felt like this was pretty good for a soft science fiction time travel movie. There wasn't the usual discussion of paradoxes which was nice for a change. The revelation towards the end that the one guy was really
from the future
actually totally caught me off guard.

I didn't like the main love interest all that much when he first showed up, but he turned that around really fast -- or rather I guess the story turned it around for him.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time receives a score of
3 Sword Art Onlines
or
0.7 X Studio Ghibli films

Karen x Milk is the only pairing i accept Aside from the fihgting part it was like watching a mini marimite.

Smile is not a bad serie , but smile was nothing without cure peace and joker ... those 2 characters really pushed the serie up by themselves.
Reika was a nice character but was totally underutilised ... a total shame.

Cure Peace and Joker where good yes, but I do think other characters have their share of appeal, granted that's my like for Cure Sunny coming out.

Agreed on Reika. I think it was more on how she was effectly the competent one of the group, and therefore didn't have much to poke at her. As a result, she was a Reikabot as I would like to call her. The final spotlight episode was her coming out of her shell though.

cajunator

Banned
Date a Live 11

Swimsuits galore! Tohka, Yoshino, Kotori (and Origami) looked so cute with theirs on.

It was nice seeing Tohka's innocence again towards everything and Kotori's shy imouto when she's not wearing the black ribbons too. Sad seeing her in pain during the date, but it did help invigorate Shido's confindence to help his precious little sister.

I cant wait to seeeeeeee!

This show is way too much fun :D

Cure Peace and Joker where good yes, but I do think other characters have their share of appeal, granted that's my like for Cure Sunny coming out.

Agreed on Reika. I think it was more on how she was effectly the competent one of the group, and therefore didn't have much to poke at her. As a result, she was a Reikabot as I would like to call her. The final spotlight episode was her coming out of her shell though.

Happenned too late.

I think cure aqua had a similar problem, but she was less perfect and even if she managed to solve them late in Yes! , she had all of Gogo to use that.

--------------------
Nyaruko - 09

It started with highschool of the dead , then it when yugioh, saki and others to end with digimon.

Haiyore%21%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2009.jpg

She is ready to be the second wife i tell you !

Overall , a neat episode .

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0

Episodes 1-13(roughly)

http://i.imgur.com/kv0oIEY.jpg

I was planning on taking a look at this show sometime anyway but with Mad Pierrot being a big fan and people, originally anyway, not taking a look at it I thought it would be kind of a surprise for him when I posted impressions after finishing it. I've actually stalled for the moment at about the halfway point for now with trying to keep up with more recent shows or others I'm watching, so I'll just post some comments on the first half.

Personally I can agree with Mad Pierrot that I like the kind of silly almost really serious and over the top nature that the show presents itself with. Yugi is sort of the hero and protects or helps people people but does so by kind of screwing with the mind of the aggressor, haha. I like how most characters don't even think much of the crazy situations they get themselves into when going up against Yami Yugi and just have more of a "sure whatever" or "seems interesting!" kind of attitude. One person finally tries to cheat where Yugi then says "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this is a shadow game that comes with some strict penalties for cheating." I instantly recognized Yami Yugi's voice as Megumi Ogata but not regular Yugi as being her so that was a surprise.

Oh man, what have I done?!? I-I mean I appreciate it, but we already established that I'm just really weird for loving this series and it's not actually worth recommending! At least give me a two-cour series to run through in exchange. I insist.

Anyway, tying into your remarks on the surprise punishment games, if I had to sum up the series in one word, it would be "trolling". I think that the thing that really draws me to Season 0 is that Yami Yugi is one of the most incredible trolls in all of anime; he's like Aizen and MacGuyver all in one. Yami's entire shtick is to completely ruin anyone who picks a fight with him by setting up shadow games that supposedly give every advantage to opponents who are self-proclaimed masters of their game, exploiting their hubris or overconfidence by feigning imminent defeat while manipulating them into ridiculously specific circumstances that set up their downfall, revealing that it was all according to keikaku and pulling out victories so unlikely that they go past the point of deus ex machina into pure trolling, and then doling out ironic and often horrifying punishment to the loser just to rub salt in the wound. The whole pattern is a mix of unintentional comedy, genuine horror, and gleeful schadenfreude that's pretty singular among anything I've ever watched.

Just things like Yo-Yo's being serious business and there's a gang that beats people up with their Yo-Yo's haha. Kaiba being introduced and just going nuts over losing to Yugi at a card game and then turning into a Saturday morning cartoon villain who will stop and nothing and make it his life's work to see that Yugi loses at said card game, haha.

Some people don't like how the Duel Monsters show would do things like introduce a brand new card that just magically happened to get Yugi out of whatever exact specific problem he was being faced with but I found it kind of funny here as everything is even more made up and completely arbitrary. It's like watching a couple of school kids arguing or something.

"I place my monster on the field space."
"I place mine on the Dark Mountains. It might seem like it loses to yours as it only has 300 points compared to your 500...SHIKASHI! by placing it on the mountains it doubles my attack points to 600 beating your monster."
"No, I still win. Placing my monster on the field space also doubles my power. Now I have 1000 points to your 600 winning the match."
"No, no. I'm telling you I win! My monster is also a dark monster and by placing it on the dark mountains it not only doubles my power by halves yours as well, therefore I still win! Ha!"

Duel Monsters games essentially being analogous to kids on a playground making shit up as they go along and trying to out-godmod each other is exactly why I like these episodes. In any other show I'd just find it stupid, but because Season 0 is consistently about watching new ways for Yami Yugi to pull victories out of his ass, it never gets old to me.

If you genuinely find this aspect of the show amusing, you should definitely watch the Duelist Kingdom arc of Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters, preferably dubbed (it's on Hulu, btw.) It takes the concept of cards having incredibly arbitrary properties that come and go as the plot demands to a vastly more entertaining level.

That or the one match where the guy just pulls out a monster with like 1600 attack points as his first move despite the fact that you only have 2000 life points. Apparently there's no balance and only honor rules.
"I thought we were supposed to start out with weaker monsters and build up to the powerful ones?"
"Hmm, nah." Haha.

It kind of makes you wonder how a Duel Monsters master can't be aware of all these seemingly basic rules. That, or if the game is so complicated, then how did anybody become a master in the first place?

Rich man's game! The strong cards are ridiculously rare (there are only four Blue Eyes White Dragon cards in existence, for instance) and Kaiba, boy magnate that he is, has basically hoarded most of them for himself. (Sadly, you have to invest several hundred dollars in real life to construct a competitive tournament-level Yu-Gi-Oh! deck, so this aspect of the game isn't purely fantasy.)

The capsule monsters episode is even better!

"I just defeated four of your five monsters because mine are all level 4-5 where yours were 1 or 2, give up yet?"
"Nope, because even though my monster is only level 2, check this out! It has a one time special power where I can take out even a level 5 monster and not just in the space beside me but for seven spaces! (Which is about half the entire board) Since I sacrificed my monsters to set yours up in a line, you just got beamed and I win! ;p

I think of Duel Monsters matches like magic tricks. You know they're faked and ultimately bogus but it's still fun to watch them play out anyway.

There's a particularly infamous episode of Duel Monsters involving a certain "Catapult Turtle" that you'll be sure to love if you found any entertainment in the unbelievably specific chain of events that Yami Yugi orchestrated to win in this episode.

I guess Miho got a bigger role in the anime as well as I had actually read some of the manga about ten years ago and didn't remember her in many of the different stories. The fact that she's voiced by Yukana as well was really surprising. I'm more used to her voice for characters like Irisu from Hyouka or C.C. from Code Geass. I remembered she did the voice for Honoka in Futari wa Pretty Cure and just did a quick listen to her voice in the first episode and they sounded similar there.

I could write more but it seems like this post is getting kind of long already so I guess it's more to Mad Pierrot that I'm watching it and while I'm not sure if I'm as big a fan of the show as you are, I do enjoy it's kind of twisted, over the top aspects. That and some of the Toei QUALITY makes it come across as even more amusing at times.

As far as I know, Miho was executive meddling. She was only in one chapter of the manga, but Toei wanted her in to balance out the male:female ratio of the cast as well as a love interest for Honda. I actually really enjoy her character, though; if Yugi is the King of Trolls for games, Miho is the Queen of Trolls for romance. Watching her shamelessly give mixed signals to Honda while he falls over himself every episode to impress her never got old for me,
and the NTR despair when Bakura shows up is amazing.

I appreciate the impressions and I hope you really will find something for me to watch in return. Pick anything! Especially if it's a personal wonk series that you've always wanted to force on someone.

Dog Days - 2

Princess...

tumblr_m7xh76HJS61rcykqeo1_500.png

Never before have I found a perfect use for this image.

Oh if only this show first aired this spring. There would be countless COD dog puns in the OT!

Ugh, it appears I've wandered into yet another children's anime. Oh well, at least this one isn't trying to sell an abundance of merchandise.

I swear, this anime is like casual mode Fire Emblem Awakening. No risk whatsoever. But still, no deaths doesn't mean no conflict, so there's still a chance for that. But I'll be honest.

The only reason I'm still watching this is because I think the relationship between the princess and Sink may turn out to be adorable.

O_O

Forget what I said, this is most definetly not a children's show!

date a live 11

they gonna fuck next eps! fuck fuck fuck fuck.

wait wrong show. kiss kiss kiss kiss.

This sequence was brilliant though. Good way to get someone hot and bothered indeed :D

lol

mizugi.jpg

And that ending is the most technobabble nonsense i've heard today.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Clearly if you don't want people to watch something, don't talk about it!

If you say it's good, people will watch it.

If you say it's bad, people will watch it.

Unless you're saying "Doremi is amazing", of course, then people will largely pick it up for a couple eps then drop it.

Syrinx

Clearly if you don't want people to watch something, don't talk about it!

If you say it's good, people will watch it.

If you say it's bad, people will watch it.

Unless you're saying "Doremi is amazing", of course, then people will largely pick it up for a couple eps then drop it.

Dude, I swear I'm going to watch it one of these days.

Erande Date A Live 10

Maaaaan I can't believe we're down to the last two episodes now. This makes me sad, this is my second favorite show this season.

I have a feeling Origami's love for Shido has to do with Kotori's spirit sealing five years ago. We'll see if that's the truth.

Really not liking the tsun part of Kotori.

The swimsuit scene was really hot. lol not going to lie. But then Yoshino was flawless this episode. It's like it's subconscious.

The preview video is kind of worrying me.
is something going to happen to Tohka and Yoshino? Please no. NO

RANKINGS FOR THE DATE A LIVE
Tohka = Yoshino > Origami > Kurumi > Kotori

G0ociY7.gif

Artist's depiction of Yoshino's expression when revealing her swimsuit
Yes this was an excuse to post this GIF

Happenned too late.

I think cure aqua had a similar problem, but she was less perfect and even if she managed to solve them late in Yes! , she had all of Gogo to use that.

Yep, Karen being the only one to
fail at becoming a Cure on the first try
, she did have problems, but she had far more time to deal with them as well. Although in a way, her situation just reminds me of how no one cares about the parents.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The whores horror, the horror!

The problem is that the binaries/dichotomies they've set up aren't particularly interesting, especially when you consider the fact that the end game of
either side of humanity is ultimately technological improvement, it just becomes a matter of perspective of whether biological augmentation is "better" or "worse" (who cares, is my opinion) than mechanical augmentation. There are interesting concepts to be had here of course, since man IS machine is a very much SyFy concept since Dr. Frankenstein made his monster, but this show doesn't seem to know what it wants to do with it. Or at least, it's setting up a lot of ideas but there doesn't seem willing to reveal its theme because of OMG SYFY PLOT TWEEEEEEEEEEST

This may just be the sort of thing that ends up more satisfying in retrospect once we know how they ultimately decide to tie everything together. Still, I don't know that this
biological vs. technological augmentation
tangent that the show seems to be on right now is really all that thematically integral; we're just at that necessary phase in the show where
Ledo is learning the truth about the conflict between humans and Hideauze
and this just so happens to be the particular line of ideological bullshit that
Chamber is spewing to convince Ledo that war is justified
. I will give that the idea that
evolved humans would completely abandon culture and live boring space squid lives just because they've transcended most human biological limitations
is pretty dumb and I would have rather seen all of this come down to a more plausible binary.

Ideally, Ledo will just end up saying
"who cares" right along with you, sidestep the debate entirely, and tell both sides to fuck off
. I guess I'm all speculated out until we see which hypothetical scenarios actually play out.

RIP

Dog Days - 2

Princess...

Oh if only this show first aired this spring. There would be countless COD dog puns in the OT!

Ugh, it appears I've wandered into yet another children's anime. Oh well, at least this one isn't trying to sell an abundance of merchandise.

I swear, this anime is like casual mode Fire Emblem Awakening. No risk whatsoever. But still, no deaths doesn't mean no conflict, so there's still a chance for that. But I'll be honest.

The only reason I'm still watching this is because I think the relationship between the princess and Sink may turn out to be adorable.

O_O

Forget what I said, this is most definetly not a children's show!
No it's not totally a children show .... dog days season 1 will have some nice themes explored that should satisfy anyone in for the "fun" factor and the fantasy setting.

Season 2 is 100% fun however.
date a live 11

they gonna fuck next eps! fuck fuck fuck fuck.

wait wrong show. kiss kiss kiss kiss.

This sequence was brilliant though. Good way to get someone hot and bothered indeed :D

lol

mizugi.jpg

And that ending is the most technobabble nonsense i've heard today.

This was actually a pretty nice episode ..i was concerned that they forgot some events at some points but they just reworked the scenes in order to create that cliffanger.

The military mizugi part was excellent however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom