• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

sasami @ unmotivated - 08

I'm not quite sure what's going on right now, but this state of confusion is more bearable when it's at least going somewhere.

I guess this has to be the first Kaze no Tachinu reference.

btmSj5T.jpg

The 'goddamnit shaft' part of my post: I think my favorite snafu was when they kept forgetting to draw Kagami's wings, and the missing frames for the Tanaka missile cut.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This may just be the sort of thing that ends up more satisfying in retrospect once we know how they ultimately decide to tie everything together. Still, I don't know that this
biological vs. technological augmentation
tangent that the show seems to be on right now is really all that thematically integral; we're just at that necessary phase in the show where
Ledo is learning the truth about the conflict between humans and Hideauze
and this just so happens to be the particular line of ideological bullshit that
Chamber is spewing to convince Ledo that war is justified
. I will give that the idea that
evolved humans would completely abandon culture and live boring space squid lives just because they've transcended most human biological limitations
is pretty dumb and I would have rather seen all of this come down to a more plausible binary.

Ideally, Ledo will just end up saying
"who cares" right along with you, sidestep the debate entirely, and tell both sides to fuck off
. I guess I'm all speculated out until we see which hypothetical scenarios actually play out.

The thing is, they've neatly set up some dichotomy with the whole Ledo vs Chamber stuff in the earlier part of the series. That should have been enough without all of this
X-files existentialist bullshit that doesn't matter because it's not really relatable to anyone watching the show nor is it even relatable to any of the characters in the show itself.

Maybe the humans on both sides have been brainwashed to hate each other, but as far as I know, it's not like every Republican wants to murder every Democrat or vice versa. Debates don't happen like that. And if wars were settled so easily between two blobs of humanity bumrushing each other, the Cold War never would have happened when the Axis powers were defeated.

Certainly it doesn't explain why the humans on Earth haven't wiped each other out or, even if they somehow forgot that they are the same species, why the fleet humans would even consider revering them as some kind of enlightened life form that is sacred. That's not to say that it couldn't happen - we fetishize dolphins and whales, for one - but the show never explains that whatsoever.

This is why scifi bullshit for the sake of scifi bullshit is... well, bullshit. I'm living in an age when a fucking Tom Cruise movie is the most high concept science fiction film of the year, where despite all the stupid syfy bullshit (and the fact that Tom Cruise can only have sex with women who are twenty years younger than him), still ended up being a fairly decent science fiction character study.

My fear is that Ledo becomes a space squid himself or does something equally dumb to unite the human race. I'm sure they are keeping one last TWEEEEEEEEST ready for the final episodes though, so it's basically impossible to predict anything about the show.

Hell, maybe Amy is actually a Precure and she waves her Precure wand and spreads love across the universe, curing everyone's hearts. This is what science fiction has been reduced to. :/

A reverse harem full of brothers seems to be the new fad and this time they're all vampires!

The official website for the television anime adaptation of Rejet's Diabolik Lovers vampire drama CD/PSP game began streaming the first promotional video on Monday. The video features "Mayonaka no Kyōen (Midnight Pleasure)," the opening theme song from the original game.

The story centers around the six sadistic Sakamaki vampire brothers. Yui Komori is a positive-thinking girl who nevertheless is troubled by seeing spirits and experiencing poltergeist phenomena. In her second year in high school, she transfers to a new school — a night school for entertainers and celebrities — due to her father's work. There are rumors that there are vampires among the student body, and Yui ends up living with the Sakamaki brothers.

The game's original cast is returning for the anime adaptation.

Hikaru Midorikawa as Ayato Sakamaki
Yuuki Kaji as Kanato Sakamaki
Daisuke Hirakawa as Raito Sakamaki
Kousuke Toriumi as Shū Sakamaki
Katsuyuki Konishi as Reiji Sakamaki
Takashi Kondo as Subaru Sakamaki
The anime will air this fall.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Folks, Its time for this site and my friends to become protected.
Posted 3 hours ago · 0 Comments

Before I get to that, I want to explain something, that really grinds my gears.

So if the NSA is watching people’s communications, why in the world the Justice department went after Adam Swartz and Mega Owner KimDotCom when Crunchyroll’s owners were using Chinese servers to steal Japanese anime, which is a crime under the digital millennium act of 2000? Explain this shit to me? Why in gods name where they (the owners of Crunchy) still getting a Berkley Degree when they broke the same laws that Mr. Swartz was accused of doing?

Explain this? Because if your just doing selective prosecutions? Ohh boy. Its explains a fuck ton.

But now, we know whats up and that mean I must protect this site and my friends. In the next few days – I will let them know whats up. I cant stand for this nonsense people call “Protection”.

The Government KNOWS who the terrorists are. Been known. But they don’t do anything in the fear of political correctiveness.

Trust me, I have no love for people who treat women like shit and their young men as sexual playthings. A pox on all their houses. No matter what religion they belong to.

But I know something else bigger is up. And right now- we need to be protected from our own government who not only want to take our guns away (this is the fear NRA stated again and again – turns out they had the tiger by the tail outside of the Video Game issue) but is spying on us.

What did I warn people about – giving ammunition to your rivals? Now the conspiracy folks got the momentum and they going to use it. I don’t blame them one bit.

That’s what people get when they don’t do the right thing. You get the tiger.

So what needs to be done?

The plans for the sites continue.

But I got to get my friends out of the android and the iphones – now. Before its too late.

I don’t like what they going to do.

I must stay brave.

Go back to the warriors way and the warriors spirit.

I was right all along about Obama.

I was right all along about Crunchyroll

and I was right about my so called friends who years ago left me to die because I decided to speak UP against the bullshit that was going on the Industry.

I SAW THROUGH ALL YOUR BULLSHIT!!!!

Now I will act accordingly.

Later.

finally something good came of this whole NSA scandal

Dresden

Hell, maybe Amy is actually a Precure and she waves her Precure wand and spreads love across the universe, curing everyone's hearts. This is what science fiction has been reduced to. :/
I'm not sure why anyone is expecting anything other than a final conflict and a happy ending to wrap it all up. There's going to be tears, one or two minor characters will inevitably die, and there will be a scene where Amy and Ledo fly together in a glider.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not sure why anyone is expecting anything other than a final conflict and a happy ending to wrap it all up. There's going to be tears, one or two minor characters will inevitably die, and there will be a scene where Amy and Ledo fly together in a glider.
Because I kind of sort of maybe if the sun is up and I'm in the right mood like this show. I'd like it not to be stupid like MJP. :(

Alternatively, if it was already fucking dumb like VVV, then I wouldn't care and I would just be along for the ride.

AOTY 2012, etc.

CorvoSol

High School of the Dead > The Walking Dead.

(I've only seen one episode of HSotD).

This isn't going to stop me from liking both and making forced comparisons.

Get outta here; Daryl is the one true husbando and everybody knows it. That's why everybody watches The Walking Dead.

I watch TWD for my fine Samurai Queen and nothing else. Michonne (and Herschel) and Maggey are the only ones who need to make it out alive. Also it's fun to laugh at the accidental racism on the show.

"Where's White Person? And other White Person?"
"Black guy died to save my life!"
" . . . . Where's White Person?"

Holy crap, I had no idea Luci Christian was in Angel Beats. She doesn't even sound like her Chidori Kaname self here, so that's probably why I didn't even recognize her the first time I watched this. I totally recognize her tiny verbal tics now, though.

On a side note, Angel Beats was one of the first animes I watched, so every time the voices from the English dub show up in other shows I can't not think of them from here.

dat Brittney Karbowski.

Dresden

Because I kind of sort of maybe if the sun is up and I'm in the right mood like this show. I'd like it not to be stupid like MJP. :(

Alternatively, if it was already fucking dumb like VVV, then I wouldn't care and I would just be along for the ride.

There's (almost) no time left for them to fuck it all up with some weird twist. Murata will play it out in a straightforward way.

That Japanese Libra confession cutscene... sugoi. :O

I... I think I need to sit down.

Dear mods: DTL has hacked into Burton's account. Please fix.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's (almost) no time left for them to fuck it all up with some weird twist. Murata will play it out in a straightforward way.
I thought that too, but somehow they manged to pull an
Apocalypse Now
TWEEEST. I have a feeling there's going to be one more Hatch to open and Wheel to turn.

LEDO IS THE CONSTANT LEDO IS THE CONSTANT LEDO IS THE CONSTANT

Dresden

I thought that too, but somehow they manged to pull an
Apocalypse Now
TWEEEST. I have a feeling there's going to be one more Hatch to open and Wheel to turn.

LEDO IS THE CONSTANT LEDO IS THE CONSTANT LEDO IS THE CONSTANT

I'm sorry man, Lindelof has carved his scars into you. :(

We've had two TWEEESTs recently and one was telegraphed in episode one (
the only other character to be introduced in that first half wasn't going to just disappear like that
) and the other is, well, inconsequential. I remain faithful.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm sorry man, Lindelof has carved his scars into you. :(

We've had two TWEEESTs recently and one was telegraphed in episode one (
the only other character to be introduced in that first half wasn't going to just disappear like that
) and the other is, well, inconsequential. I remain faithful.

I want to believe... but I don't want to be hurt again!

fertygo

DaiGuard -END-

Well that its, nothing solved in the end but I like how they treat this just as disaster that can't be solved entirely, just like quake and other stuff.. no save the world from alien and such goal, its nice to see mecha show that so down to earth and not trying too hard to being sci-fi.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nice troll post, but it's basically public record that Obama loves Shingeki no Kyojin

Humans being consumed by Titans is symbolic of the government consuming our freedom with Obamacare.

you should really look up Novid's post history if you're not familiar with him. That quote is from his blog.

CorvoSol

Slayers NEXT 18

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lina loves Gourry and Gourry returns in his own simple minded way. Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. Also, we meet Gaav, who is basically Red Gourry. Unlike Final Fantasy's Red Sephiroth, though, Gaav is actually an okay character. This episode also makes numerous references to Lina
killing Shabranigdo
so I need to ask someone who actually knows about Slayers:
Did Lina KILL Shabranigdo, or just like, sent him scurrying back to the Monster world? Because you know, these run of the mill Monsters keep getting all uppity in spite of the fact that Lina sort of kind of killed their God-King.

Slayers NEXT 18

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lina loves Gourry and Gourry returns in his own simple minded way. Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. Also, we meet Gaav, who is basically Red Gourry. Unlike Final Fantasy's Red Sephiroth, though, Gaav is actually an okay character. This episode also makes numerous references to Lina
killing Shabranigdo
so I need to ask someone who actually knows about Slayers:
Did Lina KILL Shabranigdo, or just like, sent him scurrying back to the Monster world? Because you know, these run of the mill Monsters keep getting all uppity in spite of the fact that Lina sort of kind of killed their God-King.

If the rest of the Slayers world actually gave Lina all of the respect she deserves, there would be no series because they'd all be so scared of her no one would dare do anything to make her want to fight them, I think... though she is tested occasionally, including
pretty seriously in the last bit of Next, as you will soon see.
Even so though, she's so insanely overpowered that yeah, it never is a serious contest...
seven in the end of Next, she came up with something. It was risky, but worked in the end.

But hey, if Lina wasn't excessively awesomely great at magic, the show wouldn't be any fun! The worst part of the entire franchise, after all, is that moronic arc early in the first season where she loses her magic power for some fairly sexist reasons... that, fortunately, have never been mentioned again in the franchise. Good riddance.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally decided to stop being lazy and catch up on my shows. Had I waited much longer I'd have been behind on Yuyushiki and Aiura too. Can't be behind on THAT many shows.

Muromi-san 10

Wait, why are we (and by "we" I mean cajun) debating Yetchi's gender when Muromi clearly says "Who could hate Yetchi when she's so cute?" in this episode?

Maou-sama 10

Ahh, breast envy. One of the top sources for comedy in these sorts of shows. Getting to see Maou be all badass again was pretty cool. Also, pretty sure
SFC guy
is going to be the "last boss".

And how the hell did GJ Bu get McDonalds sponsorship and not this show?

Henneko 9

Oh my god, that eyecatch. :eek:

Anyway, holy shit...you need a goddamn flowchart to understand the last 5 or so minutes of this episode. This show has gone so completely off the rails insane it's unbelievable. :lol Not at all what I expected when I picked it up. Three episodes left and I have zero idea where this could all possibly be heading, but I'm glad I'm along for the (amazingly cute) ride.

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 36

And now Judau has
no imouto
problems. Poor, poor Judau. Also, Glemy Toto is a sick, twisted, sick jerk. And he mentioned Mashmyre. Please don't tell me THAT Mashmyre dropped the colony. That's just . . . hard to imagine. Meanwhile, someone better bail out Kamille, because I mean, KAMILLE.

So my new top 3 Gundam protagonists are as follow:

1. Domon Kasshu (DUH)
2. Domon Kasshu
3. Domon Kasshu

Okay, but actually:

1. Domon Kasshu
2. Kamille Bidan
3. Judau Ashta

Because I loathed Flit, Setsuna and Kou, Shiro went from okay to stupid, Heero isn't as cool as his mecha would lead you to believe, and Athrun should've been the protagonist of SEED. Amuro is a solid number 4, but his terrible taste in Beltachika has tarnished him. I don't like Fa Yuiry either, but Beltachika is just plain awful. Judau better get on Roux.

CorvoSol

Seabook Arno is the best.

Had to go look up who that was.

Godannar 9

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this incest subtext is just making me a teensy, tiny, itty, bitty, little bit uncomfortable at the moment. Sort of a lot. A whole lot. It's actually really creepy.

Meanwhile, Goh dealing with the consequences of shouting out his previous lover's name during sex while piloting a giant robot with his wife has been interesting. Goh needs to deal with this Mira thing as soon as possible, though. I mean, I can only imagine isn't easy moving on from finding out your previously believed deceased former lover is still around, but he needs to do that, 'cuz its hurting his marriage.

Oh, and Goh's little brother needs to deal with having been NTR'd by his own brother.

Pumpkin Scissors 1

So I watched the first few episodes of this years ago (possibly even back when it aired in 2006) and don't remember a single thing about it other than that I liked it.

So this is about a dude that fights tanks while holding a blue lantern. The way things play out in the first episode give me an early Trigun vibe, but with a military setting instead of a western one. Dude is an afterthought by the enemies, gets massively underestimated, then owns the fuck out of them. Satisfying stuff.

The animation is pretty whatever, but everything else is nice. Definitely going to finish it this time. Don't know why I put it on hold all those years ago.

Pumpkin Scissors 1

So I watched the first few episodes of this years ago (possibly even back when it aired in 2006) and don't remember a single thing about it other than that I liked it.

So this is about a dude that fights tanks while holding a blue lantern. The way things play out in the first episode give me an early Trigun vibe, but with a military setting instead of a western one. Dude is an afterthought by the enemies, gets massively underestimated, then owns the fuck out of them. Satisfying stuff.

The animation is pretty whatever, but everything else is nice. Definitely going to finish it this time. Don't know why I put it on hold all those years ago.

FMA x Trigun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom