• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

BCdempf.png

You were supposed to protect the garden. You had one job.

CorvoSol

The Walking Highschool 4

So Rick and Lori basically make a huge amount of noise on their noisy motorcycle and then their hormone induced argument, but what noise attracts the zombies? The sound of a falling baseball bat. Only after all the yelling, breaking open of a cashbox, and loud engine roar, does a baseball bat call down the hoard. Lawl.

Pinstripe Shane is creepier than the CG Zombies, but what I find truly surprising is the sheer number and organization of survivors so far. Japan is many things, and well prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse appears to be one of them. Which is funny, as I expected that of Canada.

Fate/stay night 02
Watching this reminds me that when I was at Disney World about two weeks ago, I went to the Japanese gift store in the Japanese-themed area at Epcot, and I saw a Saber figure there. I was really tempted to buy her, despite having not seen this series like at all. They also had some figures from Evangelion, too. I wonder if anybody has some pictures of it, I probably should have taken some of my own pictures.

Jegus, its hard watching the quality of this series having seen Fate/Zero's first episode with its higher production values.

"You're a good man, Emiya!"

I wonder if the VN is any good. I can really feel the source material in this one. heh

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 3

1. LOL, they're still trying to make "Beater" a thing. I hope so much that kids in Japan are running around saying, "Mom, mom, I'm a Beater!"

2. I think I may be too old for this show. Kirito looks like he's like 14.

3. LOL, that guy just jumped off the bridge. Just was like "Yup, fuck this."

4. Why, exactly, is it Kirito's fault?
How is hiding his level from his guild a contributing factor to them going into an area they weren't ready for when they all knew the risk involved? I don't. I don't get the reasoning here besides melodrama.

5. Oh geez, does Kirito even have a good reason for rejecting Klein's help other than anime?

jgminto

Sword Art Online 3

1. LOL, they're still trying to make "Beater" a thing. I hope so much that kids in Japan are running around saying, "Mom, mom, I'm a Beater!"

3. LOL, that guy just jumped off the bridge. Just was like "Yup, fuck this."

How is hiding his level from his guild a contributing factor to them going into an area they weren't ready for when they all knew the risk involved? I don't. I don't get the reasoning here besides melodrama.

5. Oh geez, does Kirito even have a good reason for rejecting Klein's help other than anime?

http://bleedingshadows94.deviantart.com/art/The-Lonely-Beater-352853219

CorvoSol

Wait, I don't get to see him fight Santa Claus and I don't get to see Klein and his bros take down an entire fucking army?

What the fuck? Where is my goddamn action sequence? Why is this episode Kirito moping his shit off when I could've been watching him fight SANTA or Klein's guys TAKE ON A NOTORIOUS ARMY.

Hell, forget Santa, Klein and his bros just had to kill OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. FOR KIRITO. Why don't I get to see the consequences of normal people having to kill other people? WHAT THE HELL?

AHAHAHA this Christmas present is so hilariously contrived. Oh well, at least now this doesn't bleed into next episode.

Fate/stay night 02
Watching this reminds me that when I was at Disney World about two weeks ago, I went to the Japanese gift store in the Japanese-themed area at Epcot, and I saw a Saber figure there. I was really tempted to buy her, despite having not seen this series like at all. They also had some figures from Evangelion, too. I wonder if anybody has some pictures of it, I probably should have taken some of my own pictures.

Jegus, its hard watching the quality of this series having seen Fate/Zero's first episode with its higher production values.

"You're a good man, Emiya!"

I wonder if the VN is any good. I can really feel the source material in this one. heh

Do yourself a favor, skip FSN and go straight to F/Zero.

Do yourself a favor, skip FSN and go straight to F/Zero.

Too late now :p

Fate/stay night 03

So Rin seems awfully friendly with Shiro. Why haven't they even discussed the obvious issue that they're going to have to fight yet?

Fate/stay night 04

Saber should totally be taller than Shiro. I mean, she's obviously supposed to seem superior to him and so design wise it would have made more sense to maker as tall or taller than him.

CorvoSol

Gargantia 11

Hi, my name is Pinion and I can't decide if I'm a bigger idiot than I am a douchebag.
I actually really enjoyed seeing Ledo struggle with this and Chamber's reasoning on the issue. Also that final sudden reveal is something else as well.

Narag

Fate/stay night 04

Saber should totally be taller than Shiro. I mean, she's obviously supposed to seem superior to him and so design wise it would have made more sense to maker as tall or taller than him.

She has to be tiny so he can think she's useless and stick her in the kitchen.

cnet128

Banned

Kirito is indeed 14 when he enters Sword Art Online (and since Aincrad avatars don't age, he's stuck appearing 14 until such time as he may escape).

Because they didn't really know the risks. They'd never been into a dungeon of that level before, and had no idea that
traps like the one that ended up killing them
even existed. If Kirito wasn't so preoccupied with keeping his own secret, he could have shared his knowledge with them, and
they might have thought twice about going on such a dangerous mission, or at least been more cautious, either of which could have saved their lives.

Well, I think he's basically got a death wish at that point.

Hell, forget Santa, Klein and his bros just had to kill OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. FOR KIRITO. Why don't I get to see the consequences of normal people having to kill other people? WHAT THE HELL?

Eh, I doubt anyone was actually killed in that faceoff. Opposing factions they may be, but both Klein's guild and the Holy Dragon Alliance are fairly respectable groups of players, and most SAO players would never go as far as actually killing other players unless they had no choice.

CorvoSol

Kirito is indeed 14 when he enters Sword Art Online (and since Aincrad avatars don't age, he's stuck appearing 14 until such time as he may escape).

Because they didn't really know the risks. They'd never been into a dungeon of that level before, and had no idea that
traps like the one that ended up killing them
even existed. If Kirito wasn't so preoccupied with keeping his own secret, he could have shared his knowledge with them, and
they might have thought twice about going on such a dangerous mission, or at least been more cautious, either of which could have saved their lives.

Well, I think he's basically got a death wish at that point.

Eh, I doubt anyone was actually killed in that faceoff. Opposing factions they may be, but both Klein's guild and the Holy Dragon Alliance are fairly respectable groups of players, and most SAO players would never go as far as actually killing other players unless they had no choice.

I have to call bull. They knew it was a high level dungeon, and more to the point, its an RPG. Who honestly doesn't expect trapped chests and surprise attacks in an RPG? What's more is Kirito definitely told them they shouldn't go there.

Taruranto

Gargantia 10

So are the Hideauze anti-spirals, or the exact opposite?

They are the Ousters.

But honestly, my complaint with Gargantia is everything feels so... unoriginal. Not everything needs to be ground-breaking or a deconstruction of something, but Gargantia feels so uninspired. Ep. 10 was a good episode in an otherwise kinda uninspired series.

cnet128

Banned
I have to call bull. They knew it was a high level dungeon, and more to the point, its an RPG. Who honestly doesn't expect trapped chests and surprise attacks in an RPG?

I seem to recall that this was a much nastier trap than any that guild would have experienced before. For one thing,
the room locked itself so that they couldn't escape without defeating all the enemies
. But more dangerous was the fact that
it turned the whole room into an area where crystals couldn't be used. Crystals are the only method of instantly healing in SAO, and also the only way of instantly teleporting out of an area, which makes them a key safety net for players in real trouble. The Black Cat guild had no idea that crystals could be rendered unusable.

What's more is Kirito definitely told them they shouldn't go there.

And if he'd told them his real level, they might have listened.

BluWacky

I own an embarrassing number of anime games even though they're almost all universally terrible. Think I'll just go create a pile of shame and then take a picture.

DiGiKerot and I share a long standing joke (that goes back to Usenet days!) about the first Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 game, which some friends gave me as a birthday present nearly ten years ago (JPN version).

I STILL have never finished it. It's not even a particularly hard game, I am just really, really bad at it for some reason. I have worked out from a FAQ that I'm apparently on the final level and only have the final boss to go, but I just can't face it :(

CorvoSol

I seem to recall that this was a much nastier trap than any that guild would have experienced before. For one thing,
the room locked itself so that they couldn't escape without defeating all the enemies
. But more dangerous was the fact that
it turned the whole room into an area where crystals couldn't be used. Crystals are the only method of instantly healing in SAO, and also the only way of instantly teleporting out of an area, which makes them a key safety net for players in real trouble. The Black Cat guild had no idea that crystals could be rendered unusable.

And if he'd told them his real level, they might have listened.

But even not knowing all those things, you'd have to be stupid to be so careless. It's an RPG and a chest sitting all alone screams trap at the top of its lungs.

And I can't see why Kirito saying "Guys I'm actually 20 levels higher than you all" would make them decide NOT to go into a high level dungeon. They'd already been relying on him, and were being cocky as hell. Knowing you had a goddamn level 40 guy in the party would only make them MORE cocky, not less.

What's stupider still is that when you friend someone, your HP is shown, but not level? The rules of this game seem inconsistent, nevermind the fact that it sounds like a bad game to play anyway, with limited gold and EXP.

mAcOdIn

Pumpkin Scissors 1

So I watched the first few episodes of this years ago (possibly even back when it aired in 2006) and don't remember a single thing about it other than that I liked it.

So this is about a dude that fights tanks while holding a blue lantern. The way things play out in the first episode give me an early Trigun vibe, but with a military setting instead of a western one. Dude is an afterthought by the enemies, gets massively underestimated, then owns the fuck out of them. Satisfying stuff.

The animation is pretty whatever, but everything else is nice. Definitely going to finish it this time. Don't know why I put it on hold all those years ago.
I really liked the female commander(sorry DTL) as she wasn't a total loser. Anyways, are you sure you actually put it on hold and didn't finish it? Because it's one of those shows with no ending.

But even not knowing all those things, you'd have to be stupid to be so careless. It's an RPG and a chest sitting all alone screams trap at the top of its lungs.

And I can't see why Kirito saying "Guys I'm actually 20 levels higher than you all" would make them decide NOT to go into a high level dungeon. They'd already been relying on him, and were being cocky as hell. Knowing you had a goddamn level 40 guy in the party would only make them MORE cocky, not less.

What's stupider still is that when you friend someone, your HP is shown, but not level? The rules of this game seem inconsistent, nevermind the fact that it sounds like a bad game to play anyway, with limited gold and EXP.

Damn Corvo, this show is getting to you a lot faster than most people haha

Another stupid thing about the leveling system is apparently Sachi just reads it off of his player bar in the middle of the night anyway. So all that privacy just goes away if someone's behind you while you're checking your inventory? :p Stupid, stupid stupid.

I really liked the female commander(sorry DTL) as she wasn't a total loser. Anyways, are you sure you actually put it on hold and didn't finish it? Because it's one of those shows with no ending.

Do not want.

CorvoSol

Damn Corvo, this show is getting to you a lot faster than most people haha

Another stupid thing about the leveling system is apparently Sachi just reads it off of his player bar in the middle of the night anyway. So all that privacy just goes away if someone's behind you while you're checking your inventory? :p Stupid, stupid stupid.

Do not want.

Hahaha, I hadn't even noticed that. What's even stupider is that it need be private at all. Why would you hide someone's level of all things? I feel like this show makes a lot of mountains out of molehills. Namely being a beater.

Theonik

Dog Days is essentially Takeshi's Castle if it had fluffy ears and tails and was animated by Seven Arcs, which pretty much equates to super duper fun.
That actually sounds good. I'll go with my gut and steer clear for now though.

Unless you're saying "Doremi is amazing", of course, then people will largely pick it up for a couple eps then drop it.
I watched 13 episodes! That's not a couple!
And I'll be getting back to it!

The Rapeman - 01&02

I... don't even know what to say. Fuck everything.
I am not sure what you were expecting! Shit is offensive!
It's dumb enough to laugh at but it's primarily aggravating, now the live action films have a stronger satirical focus but are still fundamentally offensive.

Confession time: that GitS game (which is pretty good and you should all play it) is my only experience with the franchise.
You mean that SAC shooter? I actually have that but not a huge fan.

You know, Sword Art Online just reminds me more of how I wish there was a modern full-length Fire Emblem anime.

Actually I think that's mostly the reason I liked Sword Art Online, it reminded me of Fire Emblem lol

Kirito would fit right in with most Fire Emblem leads.

Roy's our boy. Also I just found out he's also apparently Kirito's age. Well then.

"Roy is also quite oblivious to the obvious feelings that some of the women in the army develop for him. Lilina in particular is quite smitten with him regardless of the player’s actions, but he never notices this. He can either marry her or several other women in the army, which consists of Sue, Lalum, Cecilia, Shanna, or Sophia."

DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot and I share a long standing joke (that goes back to Usenet days!) about the first Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 game, which some friends gave me as a birthday present nearly ten years ago (JPN version).

I STILL have never finished it. It's not even a particularly hard game, I am just really, really bad at it for some reason. I have worked out from a FAQ that I'm apparently on the final level and only have the final boss to go, but I just can't face it :(

For the record, I finished this game twice, including having won the battle against
Mustang and Armstrong
that you're supposed to lose at the end.

It's also the FMA game where, supposedly, the staff decided it was too easy for the US market and apparently bumped the difficulty up for the US. Just saying :)

Actually, I kind-of liked that FMA game - it's really janky feeling in a really fun way, which Squenix ruined in the second game with far more deliberate, and as a result way less fun, level design. It's almost like going from Crackdown to Crackdown 2, in a way, where the replacing of the assassination "puzzles" with the dumb, way more restrictive and less broken-feeling beacon stuff, completely ruined what was fun about the game.

I also have a crapton of PS2-era anime games, most of which are also bad. I do remember the RahXephon game being really interesting, though as I discovered when I tried to play a bit of it recently, it takes forever to actually get anywhere. I never did get around to picking up the Gunbuster game by the same team, which always sounded kind of interesting given it was supposedly based around Gainax's proposal for a Gunbuster TV show.

The SEGA AM2 Macross game is freaking great, though.

Theonik

Henneko 09

[REDACTED] *Link is NSFW
I have no idea what is happening in this show any-more. It's going to end on a cliffhanger too isn't it. Such a shame. Hope they give us at least SOME form of resolution for all this crap.
Well at least I got the screenshot above and well it did serve to wash off the terrible Attack on Titan episode I saw before it.

Attack on Titan 10
Literally nothing happened. It's impressive how much araki dramatic padding is possible when the staff needs to figure out a way to put out episodes with no animation.

sleepykyo

The Rapeman - 01&02

I... don't even know what to say. Fuck everything.

First time, I heard I heard about it was that BBC report. Seems like the title alone would indicate it isn't SDBurton friendly.

In regards to Pumpkin Scissors, it was pretty disappointing that the while anti-tank unit was basically throw meat puppets at things until one puppet gets close enough to use his doorknocker. Love the op.

cnet128

Banned
Henneko 09

I have no idea what is happening in this show any-more. It's going to end on a cliffhanger too isn't it. Such a shame. Hope they give us at least SOME form of resolution for all this crap.

Ehmmmm... Much as that eyecatch qualifies as one of the greatest achievements of humanity, I'm pretty sure it also qualifies as pretty spectacularly NSFW. Might want to link it.

Guess what Thanatos is watching!
I'm not watching this.

Slayers NEXT 18

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lina loves Gourry and Gourry returns in his own simple minded way. Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. Also, we meet Gaav, who is basically Red Gourry. Unlike Final Fantasy's Red Sephiroth, though, Gaav is actually an okay character. This episode also makes numerous references to Lina
killing Shabranigdo
so I need to ask someone who actually knows about Slayers:
Did Lina KILL Shabranigdo, or just like, sent him scurrying back to the Monster world? Because you know, these run of the mill Monsters keep getting all uppity in spite of the fact that Lina sort of kind of killed their God-King.

In season 1 they did
Kill shabranigodo but not the deity , just the body ( who was possessing rezo body ) Those being are concepts and will reincarnate at times ( partially or totally ) Just like Gaav , after being wounded reincarnated in that human body and just like a part of shabranigodo was sealed in rezo.

If shabranigodo was trully dead , then the ruby eye , the spell called dragon slayer wouldn't work anymore since it calls upon the power of ...shabaranigodo.

Now the fact that she (lina ) managed to do that , even if it was with the help of gourry & zelgadis is a well know fact by now but only of a portion of the well informed monster world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom