• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I know you're supposed to be villainous and all, but don't be pro-authoritarian.

b2KTQnU.jpg

I mean come on, several other people make similar derisive comments and I'm the only one that gets taken seriously?

wonzo

Banned
lol

Did you watch the one about the giant pile of junk in the middle of the ocean? He goes on a trip with two other crew and in the end, the two other people start having sex with each other while he's all alone.
Yeah, that one was the first Vice doco I ever saw.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 38

Honoka gets a letter from her parents - they're settling down in Paris, and would like Honoka to come and live with them. Cue lots of worrying and uncertainty as Honoka tries to decide what she really wants.

Nagisa is a great friend in this episode, telling Honoka that it's important for her to decide for herself what she wants to do, but she keeps worrying that she's coming across too unconcerned about the whole thing, so in the end she comes round to Honoka's house so they can have a real heart-to-heart. Of course, this was never really necessary, since Honoka and Nagisa understand each other's feelings at this point without needing to say anything, but Nagisa's visit nevertheless raises Honoka's spirits and helps her to make a decision of sorts.

In the end, Honoka decides...not to decide anything just yet. She sends a reply to her parents essentially saying that she wants to take her time to make her decision, and will let them know when she's ready. In a way, it feels like a repeat of the message from the festival episode where Nagisa was worrying about not having any future plans - it's okay to be unsure about the future, as long as you're living your life to the full in the here and now. (Of course, I guess Honoka will have to make a decision eventually, so this feels like it could be a setup for her to leave for Paris at the end of the series. We'll see.)

On a side note, Nagisa seemed even cuter than usual this episode. That scene where she was lying on Honoka's bed was so...hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh. <3<3<3

CorvoSol

Just looks like a typical mercenary.

He can use cardboard boxes to turn invisible, fights giant robots with his bare hands, causes time paradoxes, kills psychics by changing controller slots, eats cigarrettes and punks like you for breakfast and can make anyone, man or woman, fall in love with the supple way his sneaking suit makes him feel like he's wearing nothing at all.

Solid Snake is a true American Hero.

jgminto

He can use cardboard boxes to turn invisible, fights giant robots with his bare hands, causes time paradoxes, kills psychics by changing controller slots, eats cigarrettes and punks like you for breakfast and can make anyone, man or woman, fall in love with the supple way his sneaking suit makes him feel like he's wearing nothing at all.

Solid Snake is a true American Hero.

350662-big_boss_salute.jpg

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 38

Honoka gets a letter from her parents - they're settling down in Paris, and would like Honoka to come and live with them. Cue lots of worrying and uncertainty as Honoka tries to decide what she really wants.

Nagisa is a great friend in this episode, telling Honoka that it's important for her to decide for herself what she wants to do, but she keeps worrying that she's coming across too unconcerned about the whole thing, so in the end she comes round to Honoka's house so they can have a real heart-to-heart. Of course, this was never really necessary, since Honoka and Nagisa understand each other's feelings at this point without needing to say anything, but Nagisa's visit nevertheless raises Honoka's spirits and helps her to make a decision of sorts.

In the end, Honoka decides...not to decide anything just yet. She sends a reply to her parents essentially saying that she wants to take her time to make her decision, and will let them know when she's ready. In a way, it feels like a repeat of the message from the festival episode where Nagisa was worrying about not having any future plans - it's okay to be unsure about the future, as long as you're living your life to the full in the here and now. (Of course, I guess Honoka will have to make a decision eventually, so this feels like it could be a setup for her to leave for Paris at the end of the series. We'll see.)

On a side note, Nagisa seemed even cuter than usual this episode. That scene where she was lying on Honoka's bed was so...hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh. <3<3<3

Do you now understand why some of us wear "goggles" now for this?

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% Episode 11 &#8211; Dreamer's Symphony (utapri)
tumblr_mob0e1ndRr1qleigqo6_500.jpg
tumblr_mob0e1ndRr1qleigqo9_500.jpg

Tokiya song was amazing, so many good scenes, good looks, and etc. I could listen to him sing all day, and even better was finally using the other song on the Maji Love 2000% single release.
Laughed so much when they were all there on Tokiya for trying to get a step ahead of everyone else. Nanami is so lucky...

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 8

Ohhhhh GOD at the fat man eating those grapes. WTF dude?

"Kill them all! Take no prisoners! Hahaha!"
"Excuse me fat man, but I highly suggest we take the target alive, as that's the whole fucking purpose of our mission."
"Hmm. Yes. Take Volban alive."
Why is this guy in command again?

How come those pall-bearers (or whatever they are, the guys bringing the tools for the unveiling of Rachel and removed her mask and such) look like Klan members?

Some transmission from friendly fire. "Sorry. My fault." What a dillhole. Way to make this guys respect you, numbnuts.

"THEY UNDERESTIMATE ROYAL FAMILY SUBMERSIBLES!" This guy is my favorite. Though it really needs to be asked at this point, and probably should have been asked earlier: just how massively overpowered is this ship? How the hell did they build it? It's supposed to be a ragtag group of people who just found themselves tagging along with Cleo; how do they have a ship that can pull off maneuvers like that and take out entire fleets by itself?

Hey this Rachel girl actually has a good head on her shoulders. But why would Ralph agree to do that (that was obviously him), since he doesn't want Vetti marrying her? She is a bit melodramatic though. "This is not the first time the breeze has touched my face." Uh, yeah. Still not nearly as bad as many others. Maybe I'll start rooting for her.

So wait, Michel was protesting against destroying that factory because it would affect the lives of thousands of people. But then Cleo was all, "It's the only way. You wanted to see how I fight, right?" So how come Michel is okay with it now? Why is everybody else (except that one guy, who just walked away like a pussy when Cleo said "...And?" cause, you know, who cares that thousands/millions of people will be without power for months) in the People's Army okay with it, for that matter? If it was important enough to protest against destroying it, you'd think Michel would be at least a little bothered by it.

CorvoSol

Slayers NEXT 24

So, I know Slyphiel is Worst Girl for life, but I actually felt pretty sorry for her in this episode. I mean,
coming home to a city you thought had been destroyed, to a father you thought dead, only to find them all alive and then be informed that a demon king did that to mock you? That's some heavy stuff. I don't like her much, but I definitely feel for her this time around.

Also, the scene where
Sylphiel has to help Lina get over the shock of killing the undead child
was pretty intense.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 11

They're really like a newly married couple, that's cute.

Okay, Tomoya, while you're better than a lot of MCs and your show isn't exactly harem-ish anymore, you've still got some of those MC-Dense-as-a-rock genes in ya.
Nagisa is worried about you being alone in your apartment and you just shake it off? SMFH.

YES AKIO FIGHTS WITH A LIGHTSABER. Best character confirmed, don't even try to deny. This show is baller.

Man you don't know how lucky you are kid

I'd be cool to get a look into Yoshino's backstory; we still don't know why he quit music
but I bet we will cause that would be sad a fuck right? This show likes to drown you in feels.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Clannad: After Story 11

They're really like a newly married couple, that's cute.

Okay, Tomoya, while you're better than a lot of MCs and your show isn't exactly harem-ish anymore, you've still got some of those MC-Dense-as-a-rock genes in ya.
Nagisa is worried about you being alone in your apartment and you just shake it off? SMFH.

YES AKIO FIGHTS WITH A LIGHTSABER. Best character confirmed, don't even try to deny. This show is baller.

Man you don't know how lucky you are kid

I'd be cool to get a look into Yoshino's backstory; we still don't know why he quit music
but I bet we will cause that would be sad a fuck right? This show likes to drown you in feels.

you think there are feels now?

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 39

Lacrosse final! (Does that mean...no more lacrosse episodes ever? T_T)

This time the focus was on the opposing team captain, who has trained an impeccable team with her demanding drive for perfect play. The day before their big match, she comes to give her regards to Nagisa as her rival captain. But of course, since this is Nagisa we're talking about, the tense atmosphere can't continue for long, and Nagisa ends up inviting her to join them for takoyaki.

Over some delicious takoyaki, the opposing captain reveals that she's looked up to Nagisa and considered her a rival for years - ever since Nagisa was a full team member in her first year, while she herself was stuck watching her team play from the sidelines. Nagisa, for her part, reveals what we already knew - that her skills in lacrosse come from her pure love of the game, and she's always happiest when she's out on the field.

So with a newfound understanding and appreciation of each other, the two team captains start their final match determined to make it the best match EVAR. The difference between the two teams is immediately evident, since the opposing team scores a beautiful first goal thanks to some impeccable teamwork, misdirection and timing, but Nagisa's team quickly even the score with a combination of spirit, luck and unpredictability. (Seriously, Shiho, that was the biggest fluke of a goal ever! XD)

During the half time break, the opposing team captain thinks back to what Nagisa said to her about how much she loves lacrosse, and recalls how much pure enjoyment she herself had for the game when she was first starting out. Inspired by this positive attitude, she stops focusing on pointing out her team's mistakes and gives them all some heartfelt words of praise and encouragement, so that the whole team heads into the second half reinvigorated and ready to give the match their all.

The match is, of course, incredibly close right up to the end, with both teams scoring plenty of goals, but as usual, Nagisa's team just manage to take the victory thanks to a beautiful goal from Nagisa right before the final whistle. Well, she's done it in basically every match so far, wouldn't want to break the pattern at the very end!

And of course, both Nagisa and the opposing captain walk away from the match smiling, with renewed respect for each other and the satisfaction of a truly enjoyable match. Isn't sportsmanship wonderful?

Ugh. Being stuck with crummy internet connection sucks! Can't get back to Hyouka for another 2-3 days! I guess I'll watch another episode of Mad Men or something.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Re: Valvrave spoilers:
Not that I think that subject matter is somehow automatically censurable, but surely this isn't the type of show that should be exploring it?

I dunno, I stopped watching at three.

7Th

Re: Valvrave spoilers:
Not that I think that subject matter is somehow automatically censurable, but surely this isn't the type of show that should be exploring it?

I dunno, I stopped watching at three.

It's just weird all around considering
that the perpetrator is the main character and the victim is the insane vampire girl with an already dramatic enough backstory.

I think it's just a misleading leak, tho.

Toriko Episode 105 Tragedy! The End of Chowlin Temple!
tumblr_mob33xLdxW1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Bubble path was one of the lowest points in the series, it just dragged and dragged on but everything at Chowlin Temple was worth it. The Setsuna clone person is not that bad at all and those skills. Only thing is, were the attacks shown in the manga or did the anime censor
like we never saw her cut Wagon but the outline of the bones and such and then the other dude, I dont even know what happened beyond just the random spiral they showed

For komatsu
Take chan thank goodness, but way, he was my favorite side character but to be an antagonist now?!

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 39

Lacrosse final! (Does that mean...no more lacrosse episodes ever? T_T)

This time the focus was on the opposing team captain, who has trained an impeccable team with her demanding drive for perfect play. The day before their big match, she comes to give her regards to Nagisa as her rival captain. But of course, since this is Nagisa we're talking about, the tense atmosphere can't continue for long, and Nagisa ends up inviting her to join them for takoyaki.

Over some delicious takoyaki, the opposing captain reveals that she's looked up to Nagisa and considered her a rival for years - ever since Nagisa was a full team member in her first year, while she herself was stuck watching her team play from the sidelines. Nagisa, for her part, reveals what we already knew - that her skills in lacrosse come from her pure love of the game, and she's always happiest when she's out on the field.

So with a newfound understanding and appreciation of each other, the two team captains start their final match determined to make it the best match EVAR. The difference between the two teams is immediately evident, since the opposing team scores a beautiful first goal thanks to some impeccable teamwork, misdirection and timing, but Nagisa's team quickly even the score with a combination of spirit, luck and unpredictability. (Seriously, Shiho, that was the biggest fluke of a goal ever! XD)

During the half time break, the opposing team captain thinks back to what Nagisa said to her about how much she loves lacrosse, and recalls how much pure enjoyment she herself had for the game when she was first starting out. Inspired by this positive attitude, she stops focusing on pointing out her team's mistakes and gives them all some heartfelt words of praise and encouragement, so that the whole team heads into the second half reinvigorated and ready to give the match their all.

The match is, of course, incredibly close right up to the end, with both teams scoring plenty of goals, but as usual, Nagisa's team just manage to take the victory thanks to a beautiful goal from Nagisa right before the final whistle. Well, she's done it in basically every match so far, wouldn't want to break the pattern at the very end!

And of course, both Nagisa and the opposing captain walk away from the match smiling, with renewed respect for each other and the satisfaction of a truly enjoyable match. Isn't sportsmanship wonderful?

I think there's another Lacrosse episode later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom