• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayate no gotoku cuties - 09

Hayate%20no%20Gotoku%21%20Cuties%20-%2009.jpg

This was actually pretty good

I totally forgot about the barbecue misunderstanding moments in the manga .. but they did it pretty well.

Also WTF at that racing game they played , a racing game it was but we only had straight lines !

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (1993) 3
So freaking good. Seeing Joseph back to his wise-cracking
soul
-daring persona is something I missed a lot from Battle Tendency.
And seeing Jotaro outdo him with that ridiculous bluff against D'Arby got me in stitches.
This is the Jojo I fell in love with.

[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (1993) 3

So freaking good. Seeing Joseph back to his wise-cracking
soul
-daring persona is something I missed a lot from Battle Tendency.
And seeing Jotaro outdo him in that ridiculous bluff against D'Arby got me in stitches.
This is the Jojo I feel in love with.

Feel in love hohohoho.

Yeah this was a damn good episode.

cajunator

Banned
Snake.
Well Big Boss in this instance.

Thats Snake? He looks different. way older or something. not that Snake ever really stood out as a character design to begin with.

Oh man, there's going to be SO many doujins with Wii Fit Trainer now.

you know what else? there are probably Isabelle doujins.

Oh my god, the wahjah in this. I just can't...

(also, why did you have to show the existence of Vice Japan :( )

I fully respect what that guy is doing and support it 100%.

:Kayos

Really? REAAAAAAAALLY?

Yes really. There are so many gruff looking videogame characters now they all look exactly the same. It could be any one of them.

iowNTgRutzrrq.jpg

I was probably a bit mad to buy this, but it's Akari~n so how can I say no.

Congrats! You werent mad to buy it, just probably a bit addicted ;)

Arata kangatari - 09

So glad arata kicked his ass !! SO freaking glad !
And the preview indicate that he will lose again ! YES !

This guy doesn't deserve his new handmaiden by his side. I fear that she will be the catalyst for his transformation however.

Sad that we don't have info on the normal world either.

Both seasons of Kaiji would really be improved by being significantly shorter because at times they move at a great pace and really trim the fat of the original material but at other times its basically pure torture.

Even when it moves slowly, it still trims the fat of the source material. There's just A LOT of fat.

The new Kid Icarus sold very well, actually. And besides, the franchise is now Sakurai's thing, so I don't doubt there will be plenty of representation in Smash for them.

I was talking more along the lines of how Sakurai was saying he had no plans for a sequel. Which is such a shame, this was my GOTY last year.

Metrotab

Banned
Now that I have bathed myself into enough console war bullshit to last the next year, as well as getting reminded how I used to post rants and nonsense myself when I was 14 years old, it is time to start watching anime again.

I don't know why I bothered though, since I'm pretty much set on being a PC gamer anyway.

cajunator

Banned
Now that I have bathed myself into enough console war bullshit to last the next year, as well as getting reminded how I used to post rants and nonsense myself when I was 14 years old, it is time to start watching anime again.

I don't know why I bothered though, since I'm pretty much set on being a PC gamer anyway.

Pc is the only real winner.

Kaiji 2

Music Playing: The Rules of Nature

Kaiji was still an idiot, forgetting what he was truly on the ship for, and effectively wasted most of his life (or stars in this case) in trusting someone who made it sound like there's a surefire way to win (which isn't true). It's showing how the strong prey upon those who are weak minded and thus easy to manipulate using the words of a promised future.

It also gave us a look at those who where in a better position than Kaiji, but still ended up being in despair because they were only thinking of what might happen if they lose.

This makes the idea of doing a genre shift worthwhile.

Tamerlane

Banned
There wasn't even any good Dating sims announced, unless you consider smash as a "dating sim" and "dating" as "having good times with friends while using the Nintendo network"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
By gum did this weeks Attack on Titan look like total tosh.

Was everyone on holiday except the janitor?

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 7

That is the absolute worst museum security I've ever seen. How can they just waltz right into the museum and make all that noise without anybody catching them? And don't they have security cameras? And how is every area only checked out once per hour? Surprised the place hasn't been looted dry yet.

Why did Yukito just let Sakura leave her house in the middle of the night? He has to know what's going on. Otherwise he wouldn't let a fourth-grader go off in the middle of the night by herself.

Sakura's costume in this episode may be my favorite so far. Other than the one in the OP of course.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There wasn't even any good Dating sims announced, unless you consider smash as a "dating sim" and "dating" as "having good times with friends while using the Nintendo network"

Pokemon-Amie, dude. People can finally have the hot touch-screen Gardevoir interaction that they've always dreamed of.

Dresden

Thought this translated post about the horrors of idol culture was amusing.

The following message board thread was translated from Kamesokuhou, an aggregate site that compiles the top posts from 2chan and edits them for readability.

1(OP).
My big sister used to be so cute and innocent.

She was outgoing at school but quiet at home where she spent all her time reading manga.

Overall a good kid.

We got along great and always used to read manga together. Until the day everything changed...

#teamsachiko

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 37

Nagisa's class put on a play again! You know, like last series.

I'd definitely call this one of the better revisited episode concepts, though. For one thing, they upped the emotional investment by really focusing in on Shiho's dream to become a movie director (this was introduced as a concept in the original series' stage episode, but wasn't really brought to the forefront). For another, they chose quite a different style of play to put on (Romeo and Juliet has got nothing on a tale of ancient samurai!)

But perhaps most importantly, they actually manage to put on a successful play this time(!) Nagisa is shown having the same trouble as ever with stilted delivery in rehearsals, but this time she's able to deliver her lines really nicely by the time the real thing comes around. (She does have an unfortunate slip-up - literally - in one scene, but we'll overlook that...) It helps that the focus this time is on swordfighting action, which Nagisa pulls off with considerable flair. It also helps that thanks to the current villains' tendency to put everyone in the vicinity to sleep when they appear, the inevitable Precure battle this time does not take over the entire show!

In fact, in a satisfying twist of fate, the Precure battle actually ends up helping the play to be a success. Big Red Bad Guy is really getting into the spirit of things recently, and just like in his Kyoto appearances, he puts on a rather good kabuki-style villain act, even stealing the naginata prop from the play to use as his weapon (magically enhanced, of course). While battling against him as Cure Black, Nagisa has a bit of a eureka moment regarding the big climactic action scene Shiho was planning to implement using complicated wire stunts.

So once Big Red Bad Guy has been dealt with, Nagisa goes back to Shiho and gets her to un-cancel the big wire-stunt action scene, because she thinks she can finally handle it now. Naturally, it proves to be a smashing success, and ties up the whole show with a big spectacle. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

Also introduced this episode: a new, winter-themed ED. Very much welcome, since while the old ending theme had grown on me somewhat, it still wasn't very catchy and felt a little obnoxious. This one feels nice and sweet, and should make a nice change for the final stretch of the series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"I like my girlish figure that attracts girls,"

Hey, I got a girlish figure in the post today. Will I attract girls too?

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 7

That is the absolute worst museum security I've ever seen. How can they just waltz right into the museum and make all that noise without anybody catching them? And don't they have security cameras? And how is every area only checked out once per hour? Surprised the place hasn't been looted dry yet.

Why did Yukito just let Sakura leave her house in the middle of the night? He has to know what's going on. Otherwise he wouldn't let a fourth-grader go off in the middle of the night by herself.

Sakura's costume in this episode may be my favorite so far. Other than the one in the OP of course.

That episode reminded me of Saint Tail (which is totally adorable and you should watch it for another example of an anime that managed to stay pretty pure and clean)
But just you wait until next episodes outfit. hnnngh total.

Jesus christ more ideas...

Yandere Cloyster: "Oh yes, Trainer-senpai. You can touch me there are you want... but I'll take your hand with it! ^_^"

Tsundere Charizard: "You're not skilled enough to use me, Trainer-senpai. But... I'll always be here for you, like you have been for me."

Idol Jigglypuff: "You WILL listen to my music, I'm going to be a star Trainer-senpai!"

cnet128

Banned
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge 11

No action this episode (of the fighting variety, anyway...) but plenty of interesting development, with a side helping of ominous foreshadowing. Quite looking forward to seeing where this arc ends up.

Theonik

Tatakae! Iczer-1 Act III END
iraDrz6veTzZl.png
ib0xXCI7P4ek6D.png
izlBVtP9QyfaX.png

Rape culture/:SDBurton
They really went all out with this last episode. From dropping backstory bombs to some great sakuga (including hair sakuga) to some awesome :SDBurton moments.
Ending was somewhat bitter-sweet but that is to be expected for this kind of story I think. They really went all out though which I liked.
Though at the same time they took back 2 big twists like the kid dying and Nagisa dying.

Overall I really liked this OVA. So sad it has to end and I have to watch Iczer-3 and Iczelion but what can you do. Really it had everything I could wish for from an OVA of this type though I think it could use a bit more time to breathe. 6 episodes would be better I think. Not that it didn't resolve its premise though.

Haven't posted here much lately. Too much E3. But... I just came across this article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95B14B20130612

Wut.
He probably feared the NSA would see his lolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom