• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Slayers NEXT 25

Sooooooo good. Should I even bother watching Season 3 when Season 2 has been so good? I mean Lina just went Super Saiyan. Freaking SUPER SAIYAN. And Phibrizzo is probably the best villain this series can produce. And let's not forget Lina's loooooong line of things revealing to her that she is in love with Gourry.

So good.

While it's possible that one might enjoy Destiny , Seed is the superior product and destiny should be thought as nothing but a bad fanfic with pacing issues.
You know, it's weird, now that I think about it. I acknowledge that Destiny is terribad, and certainly the worst Gundam series I've seen yet, but I can actually say that I was, at the very least, entertained by it. Like, I wouldn't go back in time and stop myself from watching it. It's shit, but it's the 'I can't look away' kind of shit that holds your attention. I'd call it captivating, but then I'd have to hate myself.

zeroshiki

Well, yeah. Not only does Kira pilot the Freedom with its nuclear reactor and infinite energy supply, as well as its ridiculously OP arsenal that they somehow manage to upgrade for the Strike Freedom, but he is a SEED bearer,
The Ultimate Coordinator
and also a bonafide Newtype in a series that only has 3 Newtypes
four if you count Ray, even though he is a clone of Rau who is a clone of Mu's father.

And if all of this wasn't enough, he's wrong-proof and has sex with both of his best friends' girlfriends. Both of whom fall into True Love with him.

Kira Yamato is beyond the scope of you mere mortals.

The Freedom also has Phase Shift armor which makes it invulnerable to non-beam weapons :lol

SRW doesn't buy the Newtype thing though. In fact, SEED is actually pretty gimped in the SRWZ series. (Super duper unbalanced in Alpha 3 however)

CorvoSol

The Freedom also has Phase Shift armor which makes it invulnerable to non-beam weapons :lol

SRW doesn't buy the Newtype thing though. In fact, SEED is actually pretty gimped in the SRWZ series. (Super duper unbalanced in Alpha 3 however)

I wish SRW would bring me the Laevatein, though. Lambda-Driver Canceller would make having to churn through ridiculous 4 Behemoth maps much easier.

Hattori

Banned
Why would I have buyers remorse? Is there something different about 3ds xl?

Here are the most common complaints:

- same resolution as 3DS, so the image quality is not as sharp
- the colors have a warmer tone compared to 3DS
- it's too big too fit in your pocket

They are all subjective, but easily adaptable. It took me about a day or two to get used to the XL, but some have a harder time getting used to it. So just try it out at a local store kiosk, compare and see if you like it before commiting.

zeroshiki

I wish SRW would bring me the Laevatein, though. Lambda-Driver Canceller would make having to churn through ridiculous 4 Behemoth maps much easier.

Wouldn't a Lambda Driver Canceller basically just be implemented as some kind of a barrier buster weapon? There are tons of those already. Guren Lagann works great against super bosses.

The best crowd control units are obviously the map attacks and nothing beats Alpha 3 Ideon and Z2-2 Turn A at that.

They are all subjective, but easily adaptable. It took me about a day or two to get used to the XL, but some have a harder time getting used to it. So just try it out at a local store kiosk, compare and see if you like it before commiting.

- no charger

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 14

Akio and Tomoya: they're the best. Also:
okay good, there will be a wedding, had me worried there. Now actually do it. Don't make bad feels from them never getting to plz ;_;

God damn, they're still a cute couple
but she's your wife now, man, you seriously can't be that passive anymore. Sleeping in separate futons? SMFH, kid.

WOW
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW way to drop that bomba Nagisa, holy shit

AKIO + KAMINA-STYLE SUNGLASSES + TRYING TO BE A RAPPER = THE BEST CHARACTER. THE BEST THERE EVER WAS. LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS.

Oh shit...
were those Tomoyo's trees?

Maid Cafe Nagisa? Oh be still my heart.

wut

No way.

BULLSHIT There is no fucking way

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Oh Nagisa you really are one in a million

Arata the Legend 03

Well, I haven't seen this show since it first started airing, so it's a little hard to remember exactly what's going on.

No appearance of the other Arata in this episode.

Kotoha side boob. :I

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Valvrave the Liberator - 1

5 minutes in

KrAQrTt.jpg

10 minutes in

KrAQrTt.jpg

15 minutes in

KrAQrTt.jpg

20 minutes in

KrAQrTt.jpg

First 5 minutes of the second episode

Are they just trolling now?

CorvoSol

Wouldn't a Lambda Driver Canceller basically just be implemented as some kind of a barrier buster weapon? There are tons of those already. Guren Lagann works great against super bosses.

The best crowd control units are obviously the map attacks and nothing beats Alpha 3 Ideon and Z2-2 Turn A at that.

Probably. I just want my daggum Full Metal Panic! Sigma units. Sousuke's goofy Oreo Savage and the Laevatein. Demolition gun and that flowing fire hair. Want so bad.

Slayers NEXT 26

Aww Yiss Motha Lovin' STAR KISSING.

Best Fantasy Anime ever.

From Trigger's twitter account:
We are sad to announce that we will be taking down the stream of "Little Witch Academia" from Youtube and Nico Nico Douga by end of June.

For those who have not yet watched it, please do while you still have the chance. Thank you for all the support!
Well that's a shame. I suppose it's expect with them releasing it on blu-ray.

Arata the Legend 04

Oh yeah I remember now. This is a fucking "power of trust and friendship" show.

So much teenage angst. Arata has like the most pathetic of trust problems of all the characters so far.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam 43

7 episodes to go, guys! Are you all ready for the senseless carnage? The body count piling up? Which of your favorite characters will die in a meaningless, absurd way? Will it be Motor Boat Chara? Or perhaps Best Girl Roux? Big Bro Judau? The everlasting Captain Bright Noa?

Whoever it is, you can bet that twenty others will go down with them in a blaze of stupid!

Also, I never expected that of all the Zeon commanders,
GLEMY TOTO
would turn traitor.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Congrats! You werent mad to buy it, just probably a bit addicted ;)
Well after this expensive month I'm going to tone it right down. Luckily most of the upcoming nendos are not of characters I'm interested in. There's the sweetheart of everyone Akane from Psycho Pass and not much else, but her figurine is pretty barebones so I'm gonna pass on that one. Going to stick with interesting/unique ones.

Arata the Regend 05

Oh hey, pseudo-medieval politics. I've actually been looking for one of these kinds of shows for a while. So I guess I *won't* be dropping the show just yet. Even if Arata is a little pansy.

I have a feeling Lord Kannagi's going to eventually be friends with Arata. Or be killed by him. Or something.

Kurita

Wow. Some heavy hitters for the OP/ED and not just your traditional Anisong bands.

Which got me thinking... what are some of the most mainstream OP/ED out there (excepting Mizuki Nana)? I know Kobukuro did a Bakuman ED and Le Arc has a couple of anime songs too.
YUI, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Yuzu maybe?
I guess SEKAI NO OWARI would count since they did a Shin Chan opening. They've been really popular recently.
Bump of Chicken and Mr Children also did songs for some One Piece movies.

cajunator

Banned

Just make sure you don't sell the 3DS before you get the XL so you can do the system transfer.

Thanks for the heads up. Based on those things, I dont think it would be an issue for me personally.

Well after this expensive month I'm going to tone it right down. Luckily most of the upcoming nendos are not of characters I'm interested in. There's the sweetheart of everyone Akane from Psycho Pass and not much else, but her figurine is pretty barebones so I'm gonna pass on that one. Going to stick with interesting/unique ones.

I have 80 figurines now with more on the way. Its too late for me!
But you can still save yourself!

CorvoSol

Godannar 16

At its heart, Godannar is apparently a show about one girl's struggle to become/prove she is the Best Girl. Anna's funk finally comes to an end as she gets her new mech and has one heck of a shouting match with Goh. Then the Godannar goes super Saiyan and they save the day.

Oh and Goh's little brother continues to try to White Knight for Anna, and fails miserably. Anna narrowly escapes marrying the anthro version of the Mole from Gurren Lagann.

zeroshiki

YUI, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Yuzu maybe?
I guess SEKAI NO OWARI would count since they did a Shin Chan opening. They've been really popular recently.

If we're counting Shin-chan, then Kuwata Keisuke of Southern All-Stars is in the Chibi Maruko-chan OP and I don't think it gets bigger than him.

Hmm... this is hard.... TM Revolution has done alot of anisongs too. Nakashima Mika sang ED3 of Gundam SEED. I'm sure there are some mainstream singers who've done One Piece stuff too.

Arata the WTF 05

Damn this show got weirdly dark. Actually a lot darker than I would have expected.
They fucking killed an unborn child and mother. That's just tasteless.
Arata is still a little pansy who talks big and doesn't do anything. We're five episodes in, you would have thought the fool would have grown at least... a little bit? He's still talking about "becoming stronger." LIVE UP TO YOUR WORDS BITCH

Also why do you want to bring back the fool who was absorbed into the enemy's weapon. Everything he's loved is still gone! He's going to be PISSED! Let him stay dead!

I want to drop this really bad. Worse than Sword Art Online.

CorvoSol

High School of the Never Getting Some 11

TAKASHI YOU COULD HAVE HAD SAEKO, REI OR BOTH BY NOW. WHAT YOUR PRABLUM IS BRAH.

Not that I don't dig it, but Rei has a point: there's no real good reason why Saeko is still wearing the Nurse's ripped mini skirt at this point. Other than it completes her Zombie Samurai School Girl look.

Mr. Shido is creepy as hell.

Oh . . . that's not a good
missile.

cajunator

Banned
Princess and the Pilot

Picked this film up from NISA on a whim. Finally got around to watching it. LOVE the artwork. the plane designs might or might not be based on real ones but they are nifty. The show is visually very pleasing to look at, with excellent background detail and a interesting world design and fun action scenes. Its hard to place the time period because it has many fictional elements such as world war II style planes with hydrogen fuel cells. Yeah that was strange. The whole show gives a feeling of Last Exile set in an alternate world.
The princess, well shes adorable. I liked her quite a lot, and she can be a brat sometimes. The protagonist too, being an underling deemed worthless by society but a great enough pilot to have the honor of tranporting a princess. Hes a very honorable person despite his origins.
The music score is EXCELLENT. Lovely orchestrated stuff giving an air of fanciful adventure at times and foreboding at others. I'm not really sure what people didnt like about this film, because it had a decent story and an ending that worked for what it was. I might have an idea though.
Overall I honestly recommend this short movie and it has a very nice artbook in NISA's fashion.
You can do a LOT worse.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Of all the things they could've possibly censored in this series, it turns out the one big thing they just cannot show is a fucking injection? Da fuck???
The important question is, what is more sickening, injections or bicycle wheels?

Kurita

If we're counting Shin-chan, then Kuwata Keisuke of Southern All-Stars is in the Chibi Maruko-chan OP and I don't think it gets bigger than him.

Hmm... this is hard.... TM Revolution has done alot of anisongs too. Nakashima Mika sang ED3 of Gundam SEED. I'm sure there are some mainstream singers who've done One Piece stuff too.

Yeah, some pretty big artists did some One Piece songs :
Tohoshinki
Tackey & Tsubasa
Namie Amuro
Bump of Chicken
Mr.Children
NEWS
Avril Lavigne (lol)
Dreams Come True
Yasutaka Nakata

cajunator

Banned
Also, Henneko is a pretty fun show. Aside from being heart stoppingly cute at times, it strays from the stupid formula of most harems and has a bit of a quirk to it. Really enjoyable show.
The ED still gives my heart a huge amount of stress.

fertygo

Talk about Gundam in Z2, Setsuna way too overpowered in that.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 7

OH SURE. You can't show me the Beater fighting Santa Claus or Goddamn Klein vs. an army, but SHITTY CG DRAGONS YOU CAN DO? Fucking action department in this show is smoking the wrong weed.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, mommy's little beater has a girlfriend!

Sword Art Online 7

OH SURE. You can't show me the Beater fighting Santa Claus or Goddamn Klein vs. an army, but SHITTY CG DRAGONS YOU CAN DO? Fucking action department in this show is smoking the wrong weed.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, mommy's little beater has a girlfriend!

This is my favorite episode. Mostly because it encapsulates all the stupid.

Asuna's okaaay, but Lizbeth has way more personality and the much better girl.

CorvoSol

This is my favorite episode. Mostly because it encapsulates all the stupid.

Asuna's okaaay, but Lizbeth has way more personality and the much better girl.

If Asuna and Lizbeth are the only choices there's something of a sad pool here anyway. But seriously, why are the action sequences not happening in this show? I mean even the fight with the CG dragon was incredibly brief.

Dresden

SNAFU - 05

zzz

This would be more tolerable if Hinamatsuri didn't basically have a similar setup for a chapter but handled it with humor and charm and basically everything this episode lacked. Also the ugliest episode so far.

CorvoSol

Units making their SRW debuts are always overpowered. SEED was also insane in Alpha 3. Its a common thing in SRW. I expect 00 units to suck in the next game.

Arbalest was ace in both J and W, though. Because it's the goddamn Arbalest. My strategy for those games is just to send it forward and watch it grind everything to a pulp while everyone else pounds the boss.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 317 – Shino vs. Torune
tumblr_mobxffKnHG1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Alright Shino and Torune focused episode. I liked the time as kids for them both and kid Kiba and Naruto there too, I dont think I knew that he and Shino grew up with each other like that?
Alright conclusion to this for Shino giving him some bit of focus and relevance, even if he didnt really use a jutsu to bring down Torune and Naruto having limited effectiveness upon showing up

I wonder if the next filler episode next week is a multiparter.

Clannad: After Story 14

Akio and Tomoya: they're the best. Also:
okay good, there will be a wedding, had me worried there. Now actually do it. Don't make bad feels from them never getting to plz ;_;

God damn, they're still a cute couple
but she's your wife now, man, you seriously can't be that passive anymore. Sleeping in separate futons? SMFH, kid.

WOW
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW way to drop that bomba Nagisa, holy shit

AKIO + KAMINA-STYLE SUNGLASSES + TRYING TO BE A RAPPER = THE BEST CHARACTER. THE BEST THERE EVER WAS. LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS.

Oh shit...
were those Tomoyo's trees?

Maid Cafe Nagisa? Oh be still my heart.

wut

No way.

BULLSHIT There is no fucking way

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Oh Nagisa you really are one in a million

You're getting closer...

-You-like-Krabby-Patties-don-t-you-Squidward-spongebob-squarepants-20518839-500-333.jpg

This series won't kill a character before adding them to Touma or some character's harem.
Actually that's false , especially in railgun.
Railgun cast isn't protected from death or something , and man stuff will happen , even if the writter sometimes regrets it.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - 09

Here's hoping
Meltdowner isn't dead when this thing is over. I wanna see her in the next swimsuit episode. :D
You should see her in a swimsuit at somepoint ..but i'm pretty sure you won't see her like that soon.

Well, yeah. Not only does Kira pilot the Freedom with its nuclear reactor and infinite energy supply, as well as its ridiculously OP arsenal that they somehow manage to upgrade for the Strike Freedom, but he is a SEED bearer,
The Ultimate Coordinator
and also a bonafide Newtype in a series that only has 3 Newtypes
four if you count Ray, even though he is a clone of Rau who is a clone of Mu's father.

And if all of this wasn't enough, he's wrong-proof and has sex with both of his best friends' girlfriends. Both of whom fall into True Love with him.

Kira Yamato is beyond the scope of you mere mortals.
He survived a point blank blast from a gundam explosion..sorry but i'm not sure he is even killable.
Slayers NEXT 25

Sooooooo good. Should I even bother watching Season 3 when Season 2 has been so good? I mean Lina just went Super Saiyan. Freaking SUPER SAIYAN. And Phibrizzo is probably the best villain this series can produce. And let's not forget Lina's loooooong line of things revealing to her that she is in love with Gourry.

So good.
Phibrizzo was awesome. The way he just trampled on everyone was marvelous , such an excellent vilain.

Lol phase shift armor isn't even a problem when only a small part of the cast can even match his speed
Probably. I just want my daggum Full Metal Panic! Sigma units. Sousuke's goofy Oreo Savage and the Laevatein. Demolition gun and that flowing fire hair. Want so bad.

Slayers NEXT 26

Aww Yiss Motha Lovin' STAR KISSING.

Best Fantasy Anime ever.

Third seaon is quite good. but as you saw that's was an amazing peak.
But you're right Slayers is in the Best fantasy anime , no doubt about it.

Westlo

You know, it's weird, now that I think about it. I acknowledge that Destiny is terribad, and certainly the worst Gundam series I've seen yet, but I can actually say that I was, at the very least, entertained by it. Like, I wouldn't go back in time and stop myself from watching it. It's shit, but it's the 'I can't look away' kind of shit that holds your attention. I'd call it captivating, but then I'd have to hate myself.

It was one of the most entertaining series to watch/discuss while it aired imo, especially when you posted in a forum full of Shinn fans, now that was entertainment with a capital E. It was pretty lolz when all the trolling about Kira and the trojan horse situation with the MC ended up being true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom