• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Orguss - 04

Fuck yeah finally the mech is here.

NnoxL1Z.jpg

I love the design, look frigging elegant.. modern mech not look like that anymore

And why 80's anime so cray.. lolibot fixing mech in the air, lolwut.

jbug617

Banned
Why would anyone with taste even take a look at Free!?

The reason I want to Free is for the swimming. We haven't had a sports anime for the past couple of season so I hope they will concentrate on the swimming but it looks like I might be wrong about that.

cajunator

Banned
KyoAni pays a lot of attention to art/animation so fans of that sort of thing probably do think they are gods.
They did produce K-On, and that show is a joy factory.
they are not infallible though.

Few things are as bad as s1 Artemis, and none of the main cast applies.

And what about
Chibi Chibi
? :|

It's a shame that pure kansai is hard to find in anime. Even Akane in Smile Precure is somewhat watered down.

I like her because of it, but my kansai heart still belongs to Himeko. Maybe I can watch Doremi later for my kansai fix.

Princess and the Pilot

The princess, well shes adorable. I liked her quite a lot, and she can be a brat sometimes. The protagonist too, being an underling deemed worthless by society but a great enough pilot to have the honor of tranporting a princess. Hes a very honorable person despite his origins.

She's even more adorable in the manga...
and the ending, such bullshit they don't tell what happen to the pilot afterwards, in the manga there's a epilogue who briefly talks about what happened with the princess, but the pilot...
But I really like it too.

cnet128

Banned
I refuse to think people believe this.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I think KyoAni are gods or can do no wrong, but I certainly have a lot of respect for them, and that's the main reason I'll be at least giving Free a fair chance.

The fact of the matter is, there isn't a single KyoAni show I've seen so far that I haven't enjoyed a lot. Even Endless Eight was a great experience in its own deeply twisted way. A lot of the things they've made (Haruhi, Nichijou, possibly After Story and K-ON) are anime I would rank among my favourites of all time, and the studio's animation quality is always superb even in those shows where they get criticised for not living up to their own sky-high standards.

So while KyoAni may not be gods or infallible, and while Free doesn't look like the sort of anime I'd even consider watching if it was by any other studio, KyoAni makes it worth a look for me at the very least.

...And then, bring on Kyoukai no Kanata, which might actually be legitimately great!

You don't need to go that far back, they made Nichjou, Chuu2, and Tamako Market. Hyouka is the only thing stopping them from have a long losing streak.

Setting Nichijou aside (since I can't even fathom the concept of that being considered bad), I've seen a lot of very negative opinions about Chuu2 and Tamako around here, but I honestly can't identify with them. They're not among KyoAni's best material, certainly, but I still enjoyed both of them immensely.

Tamako, while uneventful, was one of the most charming slice-of-life shows I can remember seeing, and I was really quite sad that it didn't go on longer. The cute factor was honestly through the roof, even with that insufferable bird (love you really, Dera!) doing his best to drag it down.

Chuu2's attempts at drama were hit-and-miss (I couldn't really bring myself to care about Rikka's family issues, but the drama in the last two episodes about her
trying to become normal
was pretty heartwrenching at times, and all the dramatic scenes with Dekomori in that section were absolutely top-notch) but the real core of the series, which was the characters and their antics, was very entertaining from start to finish. And it sounds like the second series is going to strip the series of the drama and focus squarely on the antics, so I'm looking forward to that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 34

Really not doing that great of a job at making these episodes entertaining. It's like they're falling back into that rut where they have no idea what to do with the pieces they have, even forgiving the total neglect of those bookshelves.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 120
Core-entry experiments are always accompanied by little children, apparently. No wonder shit goes bad, that's a recipe for drama. You just do not mess with the genes of the gods.

Not Mimette too. :( Why do all the sexy villains have to die? Or spend the rest of their days inside a digital device, in this case. Although I'm not sure what exactly was Mimette planning to do to them when she was just a bunch of photons emanating from television screens...
Death Busters seems to hire all the crazy women. That's hot.

sleepykyo

High School of the Never Getting Some 11

TAKASHI YOU COULD HAVE HAD SAEKO, REI OR BOTH BY NOW. WHAT YOUR PRABLUM IS BRAH.

Not that I don't dig it, but Rei has a point: there's no real good reason why Saeko is still wearing the Nurse's ripped mini skirt at this point. Other than it completes her Zombie Samurai School Girl look.

Mr. Shido is creepy as hell.

Oh . . . that's not a good
missile.

About that.

Pretty sure he did. The zombie density in the morning at the temple is higher than usual and Takashi wonders if it is due to the noise from last night.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari wa Precure] 20
RIP another sexy villainess. :( All my waifus are falling like flies.

I wasn't expecting them to take the "Dotsuku Zone monsters are people too" approach, especially after the wacky hijinx of doppelganger Honokas (of which I hope there are some doujinshi!). And next episode seems to tackle the same issue but with Kiriya. My heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom