• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Has anyone mentioned the passing of Kenji Utsumi? I never knew him by name, but looking at his ANN page, he's done a lot of very notable voices. Some of which I loved greatly. RIP. =(

cajunator

Banned
[Futari wa Precure] 20

RIP another sexy villainess. :( All my waifus are falling like flies.

I wasn't expecting them to take the "Dotsuku Zone monsters are people too" approach, especially after the wacky hijinx of doppelganger Honokas (of which I hope there are some doujinshi!). And next episode seems to tackle the same issue but with Kiriya. My heart.

Poisony was pretty cool.
First Precure villain that actually gave some effort.

cnet128

Banned
Poisony was pretty cool.
First Precure villain that actually gave some effort.

Leaps and bounds better than the villains I'm dealing with at the moment, that's for sure =/

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 40

We may be past the lacrosse final, but that doesn't mean we can't have sports episodes! This time, it's Ryouta's turn to get some time in the spotlight, as he tries out for a pretty high-level badminton club. And right off the bat, he gets paired up in a doubles match against the club's star player.

Meanwhile, Nagisa is watching and cheering him on from the stands. Now, I love you, Nagisa, I really do, but even I think you were being a pretty damn insufferable big sister for a while there. Shouting a constant stream of unnecessary advice to the point that everyone in the room is laughing at you is not cool by any standards. Thankfully, she gets a hold of herself after that and stays quiet for the rest of the game.

Or at least, she does until the very end, when she sees that Ryouta is feeling the pressure a bit too much and doesn't look like he's enjoying himself. Finding a convenient excuse to take him aside, she teaches him the same lesson that she taught the opposing lacrosse captain in the previous episode - that the important thing is to remember why he loves the sport in the first place, and make sure he enjoys the game.

Thanks to that bit of advice, Ryouta really seems to pick up his game. He doesn't quite manage to beat the opposing star player, but he comes awfully close, and gets invited to join the club as a regular. Even his opponent is looking forward to playing him again. This all feels suspiciously familiar after the previous episode, but...ah, what the heck. ISN'T SPORTSMANSHIP WONDERFUL?

CorvoSol

About that.

Pretty sure he did. The zombie density in the morning at the temple is higher than usual and Takashi wonders if it is due to the noise from last night.
HOTD SPOILERS
Did he? Do you learn this in the Japanese version or manga, because
in the English dub he just seems flabbergasted that there are so many there and says "we didn't make any noise" or something. Granted the way they act sort of seems like it, too, but then again, I'd have figured he'd've had sex with Rei all the way back in the Nurse's apartment.

JWd5CeL.jpg

Shino confirmed to be Batman in the Narutoverse.

Naruto Shippuden 317

Nice filler episode. Seeing chibi Shino was both cute and really rare. I don't even remember if I had seen him when he was a kid prior to this episode.

The backstory between his relationship with Torune and the foundation was a nice touch. I actually see Torune in a more positive light now compared to just some mook who got his neck snapped.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 41

Fuji-P's birthday again! And this time, Nagisa actually manages to give him a present!

Not that it was very easy. Unlike last time, they're not even in the same school any more, so first she has to venture into the high school and figure out where the football team practice. Then it turns out the grounds are being renovated, so the football team are actually practicing at the backup pitch across town. Then she gets held up helping a woman to haul her bike full of shopping up a hill. And when she finally does get to the sports grounds, of course, the villains decide to turn up and attack.

But she makes it in the end, works up the courage to give him the present, and gets a charming Fuji-P "thank you" for her efforts. Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't faint from happiness.

Meanwhile, Hikari and the Little Boy of Evil are becoming increasingly preoccupied with each other. Hikari is thinking about him so much she keeps spacing out in the middle of work, and the kid is out of the mansion wandering about trying to find her again. With just two Heartiels left to collect as well (one of whom makes her debut at the end of this episode), I can just feel the end of the series approaching.

Only six episodes to go!

Conan-san

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 120

Core-entry experiments are always accompanied by little children, apparently. No wonder shit goes bad, that's a recipe for drama. You just do not mess with the genes of the gods.

Oh god I never saw it like that untill now.

And the joke is S predates Eva by two years.

Binbougami ga! 1

The adventures of Tittyko in COLOR! In where she's super lucky and is also a bitch who will gain a heart of gold and an ojou sama.

Also watching this because someone was harrassing me about it.

REFERENCES AHOY! LOL at Vegeta being misfortune.

cajunator

Banned
Binbougami ga! 1

The adventures of Tittyko in COLOR! In where she's super lucky and is also a bitch who will gain a heart of gold and an ojou sama.

Also watching this because someone was harrassing me about it.

REFERENCES AHOY! LOL at Vegeta being misfortune.

That show is pretty funny. An interesting and different performance for Kana Hanazawa than her usually silky sweet voice.

Also, Henneko is a pretty fun show. Aside from being heart stoppingly cute at times, it strays from the stupid formula of most harems and has a bit of a quirk to it. Really enjoyable show.
The ED still gives my heart a huge amount of stress.

I agree with everything this says, among many other things Cajun says.

I'm aroused, but I also think my heart is exploding.

cnet128

Banned
Ewwwwwwwww @ eyeball-licking. I'm getting the creeps just thinking about it...

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 42

Christmas Eve, and Nagisa gets to go on a date trip to the amusement park with Fuji-P! ...and Honoka, and Fuji-P's friend. Ah well, can't have everything.

First they go to the ice-skating rink, except Nagisa can't skate, so she needs Fuji-P to teach her. Cue incredibly intimate holding-hands-skating moments, and Fuji-P telling Nagisa he thinks she's wonderful (because she always tries her best at everything). Then they go on the Ferris wheel, and of course Honoka contrives to get Nagisa and Fuji-P alone together there as well. Nagisa is getting all ready for a proper confession of love, when right on cue, the bad guys show up with a new Zakenna. (Hands up anyone who didn't see that coming! Nobody? I didn't think so.)

Once the bad guys have been dealt with, sadly the moment has passed, and Nagisa has to settle for SHOUTING her confession of love from afar, so loud the whole damn park must have heard it (but of course not quite loud enough for Fuji-P to make out what she was saying). Seriously, that has to be almost as embarrassing as confessing in person. Nagisa, you so crazy.

Meanwhile Hikari and Little Boy of Evil's connection continues to grow stronger, and when Hikari lets out her usual Rainbow Shield of Protection Thingy during this episode's battle, Little Boy of Evil inadvertently lets loose a massive wave of darkness in response, the first sign he's shown of having actual dark powers. The day of reckoning can't be too far away...less than five episodes away, to be precise!

Ewwwwwwwww @ eyeball-licking. I'm getting the creeps just thinking about it...

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 42

Christmas Eve, and Nagisa gets to go on a date trip to the amusement park with Fuji-P! ...and Honoka, and Fuji-P's friend. Ah well, can't have everything.

First they go to the ice-skating rink, except Nagisa can't skate, so she needs Fuji-P to teach her. Cue incredibly intimate holding-hands-skating moments, and Fuji-P telling Nagisa he thinks she's wonderful (because she always tries her best at everything). Then they go on the Ferris wheel, and of course Honoka contrives to get Nagisa and Fuji-P alone together there as well. Nagisa is getting all ready for a proper confession of love, when right on cue, the bad guys show up with a new Zakenna. (Hands up anyone who didn't see that coming! Nobody? I didn't think so.)

Once the bad guys have been dealt with, sadly the moment has passed, and Nagisa has to settle for SHOUTING her confession of love from afar, so loud the whole damn park must have heard it (but of course not quite loud enough for Fuji-P to make out what she was saying). Seriously, that has to be almost as embarrassing as confessing in person. Nagisa, you so crazy.

Meanwhile Hikari and Little Boy of Evil's connection continues to grow stronger, and when Hikari lets out her usual Rainbow Shield of Protection Thingy during this episode's battle, Little Boy of Evil inadvertently lets loose a massive wave of darkness in response, the first sign he's shown of having actual dark powers. The day of reckoning can't be too far away...less than five episodes away, to be precise!

The fact that literally every episode you just watched was Nagisa based shows a big problem with Max Heart

cnet128

Banned
The fact that literally every episode you just watched was Nagisa based shows a big problem with Max Heart

Nagisa is the main character. Honoka is her sidekick. This is the way of the world.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 43

Club handover episode. Nagisa and Honoka have handed over the captain positions of their respective clubs to the second-years in preparation for their imminent graduation, and Nagisa gives the new lacrosse club captain a few words of advice and encouragement.

But their clubs aren't going to let them go without a proper farewell, so Nagisa and Honoka both end up invited to a surprise joint "thank you" party, complete with delicious takoyaki (seriously, how are these girls not sick of takoyaki by now?) and cake courtesy of Akane and Hikari.

However, Hikari's connection to Little Boy of Evil is growing stronger and taking more out of her by the day. This episode, she sees a vision of the DotsukuZone inside a fridge (lol), while the Little Boy of Evil sees a vision of the Garden of Light through his mansion's window. And during this episode's battle, he unleashes another wave of darkness, even stronger than the last.

Four episodes remaining...

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 8

Who eats fish for breakfast?

So a new rival for Sakura joins the fray. Sucks that the kid is a total prick. He better not ruin the show. I hope Toya or Yukito gives him a wedgie at some point. His weakness seems to be whatever those buns are called. What a shitty weakness.

New best Sakura outfit.

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 8

Who eats fish for breakfast?

So a new rival for Sakura joins the fray. Sucks that the kid is a total prick. He better not ruin the show. I hope Toya or Yukito gives him a wedgie at some point. His weakness seems to be whatever those buns are called. What a shitty weakness.

New best Sakura outfit.

I know right? I have a little figurine of it!

Nagisa is the main character. Honoka is her sidekick. This is the way of the world.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 43

Club handover episode. Nagisa and Honoka have handed over the captain positions of their respective clubs to the second-years in preparation for their imminent graduation, and Nagisa gives the new lacrosse club captain a few words of advice and encouragement.

But their clubs aren't going to let them go without a proper farewell, so Nagisa and Honoka both end up invited to a surprise joint "thank you" party, complete with delicious takoyaki (seriously, how are these girls not sick of takoyaki by now?) and cake courtesy of Akane and Hikari.

However, Hikari's connection to Little Boy of Evil is growing stronger and taking more out of her by the day. This episode, she sees a vision of the DotsukuZone inside a fridge (lol), while the Little Boy of Evil sees a vision of the Garden of Light through his mansion's window. And during this episode's battle, he unleashes another wave of darkness, even stronger than the last.

Four episodes remaining...

It's the main reason why Hikari isn't interesting, Nagisa gets way too much focus, dwarfing both Hikari and Honoka combined. Sadly enough, this isn't the last time this problem happened, but you're a ways off to reaching that other problematic series.

Maou-sama 11

The last couple of episodes, including this one haven't been that great since the comedy found in the first half or so of the show has become pretty dry. But at least now SHIT'S GETTING REAL so hopefully there's a nice finale to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom