• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Maou-sama 11

The last couple of episodes, including this one haven't been that great since the comedy found in the first half or so of the show has become pretty dry. But at least now SHIT'S GETTING REAL so hopefully there's a nice finale to this.

Just got my friend hooked on this show.
Also got him hooked on Henneko. He got hooked on Gargantia all by himself :p

Syrinx

So how long is Maou-Sama going to be anyway? 12 episodes? 13 episodes? Either way it feels like they have a lot of ground to cover before the finale.

Just got my friend hooked on this show.
Also got him hooked on Henneko. He got hooked on Gargantia all by himself :p

You're a better friend than I, though I don't have any friends that watch anime so the task would be much harder.

So how long is Maou-Sama going to be anyway? 12 episodes? 13 episodes? Either way it feels like they have a lot of ground to cover before the finale.

MAL says 13, which is great since the finale would feel rushed as hell if it was all packed into next week.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 44

Looks like we're well and truly into endgame territory now. It's not just Hikari and Little Boy of Evil seeing visions any more; windows into different worlds are appearing in front of everyone. The balance between worlds is wavering as the powers of light and darkness reach critical mass.

And then...Hikari just disappears. It looks like the same has happened to Little Boy of Evil, because all three of the main bad guys (not counting Ilkubo Mk II) suddenly show up to confront the Cures about this latest development.

Meanwhile, Hikari and Little Boy of Evil find themselves in an empty world of grey and sparkles, and get to actually talk to each other for the first time. They realise that they're actually quite similar, and the boy tells Hikari how he's worried he's going to change into something...else. Hikari assures him that the two of them will be able to stay as they are. Only time will tell if she's right...but in the short term at least, I get the feeling she's about to be proven dead wrong.

Three episodes remain.

kvQNbWH.jpg

Poor Alciel

Hataraku Maou-Sama! 11

Really sad to see the continued pain Alciel has been going through after this and last weeks episode.

I will admit that the unseen background event between him and Chi was entertaining.

And that little Chi x Emi moment was cute.

Dog Days - 4

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

So according to the rules, if he didn't want to fight them, he could have just said no and they would have gotten her back? LOL.

LOL at princess doggy Madoka watching the fight. They're surrounded, and the entire army is watching as a few of them gently wave their swords at each other like they're acting out a play.

I forgot to mention how much Eclair reminds me of Madoka Magica's Sayaka. I dunno, the personality and hairstyle (minus the ears), and even the voice although it's not the same VA.

Oh and Gaul is voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara. Can't unhear Natsu from Fairy Tail.

Well I can't say I don't find this anime somewhat amusing. If I had any opinions on it so far, I'd say this show is basically Nanoha on Casual Mode.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 44

Looks like we're well and truly into endgame territory now. It's not just Hikari and Little Boy of Evil seeing visions any more; windows into different worlds are appearing in front of everyone. The balance between worlds is wavering as the powers of light and darkness reach critical mass.

And then...Hikari just disappears. It looks like the same has happened to Little Boy of Evil, because all three of the main bad guys (not counting Ilkubo Mk II) suddenly show up to confront the Cures about this latest development.

Meanwhile, Hikari and Little Boy of Evil find themselves in an empty world of grey and sparkles, and get to actually talk to each other for the first time. They realise that they're actually quite similar, and the boy tells Hikari how he's worried he's going to change into something...else. Hikari assures him that the two of them will be able to stay as they are. Only time will tell if she's right...but in the short term at least, I get the feeling she's about to be proven dead wrong.

Three episodes remain.

If it makes you feel better, the last 4 episodes are pretty decent. A good finale even.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 45

Hikari and Little Boy of Evil find themselves suddenly in the heart of the DotsukuZone. Hikari is overcome by the darkness of the place, and collapses to the ground. Little Boy of Evil reaches out a hand to help, and Hikari takes it.

And so the powers of light and darkness finally come into physical contact.

In an explosion of energy, Hikari's power flows uncontrollably into the Little Boy of Evil, and he stands stock still, glowing in an empty-eyed trance. Ilkubo Mk II appears to gloat over how darkness has prevailed at last and the Life of the Evil King has been restored by absorbing the power of light. But Hikari, even drained of all strength, stands up to protect the boy, believing that all life is neither good nor evil, and even if the boy was born from darkness, he has the right to live a life of his own.

Ilkubo Mk II doesn't give a fuck, and simply entraps both of them in tendrils of darkness. But just when all seems lost, Porun and Rurun use the power of their belief to leap from the human world into the DotsukuZone and lend their power to Hikari. Suddenly, the balance of light and darkness is disrupted once more, and all present find themselves expelled from the DotsukuZone back into the human world.

For a moment, it seems as if Hikari hasn't survived the ordeal, but of course a few heartfelt tears from Porun are enough to put paid to that notion. This pure expression of goodness causes the final Heartiel, Eternalun, to appear and take his place in the Chairect. Now the only Heartiel who has yet to enter the Chairect is Seekun.

Unfortunately, the bad guys have also emerged as strong as ever, and they get their wish - the Evil King rises from the ground before everyone's eyes, complete with his signature chains, which promptly take root in the human world. Despite the villains' goading, however, the Cures refuse to resurrect the Queen to counter him, since that would mean losing Hikari, and that's one thing they're not prepared to do.

Instead, the Cures prepare to take on the forces of evil the old-fashioned way. Interestingly enough, though the Evil King is back, the boy who supposedly embodies his "life" still exists as a separate entity, so perhaps the King isn't quite "complete" yet. Sensing that all may not be lost, Hikari too transforms and continues her mission of protecting the boy.

This is actually some pretty good shit. Two episodes remain.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 45

Hikari and Little Boy of Evil find themselves suddenly in the heart of the DotsukuZone. Hikari is overcome by the darkness of the place, and collapses to the ground. Little Boy of Evil reaches out a hand to help, and Hikari takes it.

And so the powers of light and darkness finally come into physical contact.

In an explosion of energy, Hikari's power flows uncontrollably into the Little Boy of Evil, and he stands stock still, glowing in an empty-eyed trance. Ilkubo Mk II appears to gloat over how darkness has prevailed at last and the Life of the Evil King has been restored by absorbing the power of light. But Hikari, even drained of all strength, stands up to protect the boy, believing that all life is neither good nor evil, and even if the boy was born from darkness, he has the right to live a life of his own.

Ilkubo Mk II doesn't give a fuck, and simply entraps both of them in tendrils of darkness. But just when all seems lost, Porun and Rurun use the power of their belief to leap from the human world into the DotsukuZone and lend their power to Hikari. Suddenly, the balance of light and darkness is disrupted once more, and all present find themselves expelled from the DotsukuZone back into the human world.

For a moment, it seems as if Hikari hasn't survived the ordeal, but of course a few heartfelt tears from Porun are enough to put paid to that notion. This pure expression of goodness causes the final Heartiel, Eternalun, to appear and take his place in the Chairect. Now the only Heartiel who has yet to enter the Chairect is Seekun.

Unfortunately, the bad guys have also emerged as strong as ever, and they get their wish - the Evil King rises from the ground before everyone's eyes, complete with his signature chains, which promptly take root in the human world. Despite the villains' goading, however, the Cures refuse to resurrect the Queen to counter him, since that would mean losing Hikari, and that's one thing they're not prepared to do.

Instead, the Cures prepare to take on the forces of evil the old-fashioned way. Interestingly enough, though the Evil King is back, the boy who supposedly embodies his "life" still exists as a separate entity, so perhaps the King isn't quite "complete" yet. Sensing that all may not be lost, Hikari too transforms and continues her mission of protecting the boy.

This is actually some pretty good shit. Two episodes remain.

As I said. The finale is pretty good. It's the least shitty part of the whole series.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hataraku Maou-sama! 11:

What made the comedy work so well in the first nine episodes was the brilliant pacing. These last two episodes I feel really would have worked better as a single episode, but at least it seems we're moving past the "building tension" phase and are moving headlong into the "action" part of this arc.

Chiho continues to impress as she stands up to Suzuno and defend her feelings for Maou (and Maou himself to an extent) and manages to really push Suzuno's buttons as a result. I also like that, while obviously Emi will eventually end up liking Mao because that's how these harem comedies usually work in the end, eleven episodes in and they've yet to play that card. And as this is only one cour show we may (knock on wood) end up with no romantic development between them at all and instead be more of a hate/trust relationship where they hate each other, but at the same time have each other's backs.

Of course, all that will be negated if it's shoe-horned into the end, or a second season happens.

cnet128

Banned
Had to go back. It didn't feel right.

Woooooo! Return of the mighty Chiho avatar!

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 46

The battle between the Cures and the forces of evil rages.

The King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening is standing in the distance looking threatening.

The Little Boy of Evil walks in a trance towards the King, even as Luminous chases after him. But it seems she is too late - the boy is suddenly overcome by a dark force within his heart, which then bursts free from his body and merges with the King, restoring him to full strength.

Realising that there is only one thing she can do at this point, Hikari decides the time has come to sacrifice herself for the greater good, and asks Seekun to enter the Chairect. With all the pieces of the Queen finally united, Hikari is absorbed into the resulting torrent of light.

...But it seems the Queen cannot be revived quite so easily. Hikari finds herself stuck in a rainbow limbo, as the Queen's voice explains that Hikari's love for this world and desire to stay there is preventing her from fully merging with the other Queen fragments and becoming complete. In order to revive the Queen, Hikari must be ready to vanish from the human world completely.

Meanwhile, the Cures are fighting valiantly against the three main villains. The power of the PRECURE MARBLE SCREW MAX SPARKLE has never failed them before now, and indeed, even with three major villains at once resisting it, they're unable to hold out for long. Unfortunately, before they are utterly destroyed, they succeed in taking the Cures' bracelets into oblivion along with them, leaving the Cures robbed of all their strength.

Which isn't really the greatest position to be in when the two greatest threats - Ilkubo Mk II and the King of Standing In The Distance Looking Threatening himself - are still at large.

Is there any hope left for the forces of good? Only one way to find out. Bring on the final episode!

Dog Days - 5

Holy crap, Gaul doesn't just have the same VA as Natsu, he IS NATSU. Right down to the cocky attitude.

The only thing that saved this company from a suing from Mashima would be them not coloring his attacks red and making his hair pink.

Plot seems to be thickening a bit. Color me intrigued.

...Hey, that flying scene reminds me of another very famous scene from another very famous animated movie made by a very famous animation company. But I'm sure they totally didn't have that in mind when making this. No not at all!

I still liked it.

Okay, right now Gaul is best character simply for having the VA and attitude of Natsu. He was always enjoyable to watch in Fairy Tail, so the more the merrier.

Tenumi

Banned
Yuruyuri: 07

After a nice break due to E3, its time to return to the comedy Anime of the century! This episode had Christmas dates between the girls and new years cards. Also, an appearance by Best Little Sister, and confirmations that the main characters actually have families.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom