• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Indeed.

jA69AN0.gif

Tomoyo won, dammit.
For one episode. ;______;

Wrong pic, as per usual

Hataraku Maou-Sama 10

That would be tits

Hataraku Maou-Sama 11

It appears Suzuno is out of her mind, and Chiho used the power of feelings, she sure knows how to pull her weight, but that's no surprise when you're capable of holding two watermelons.

Ramping up to the finale, we are.

Dog Days - 4

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

So according to the rules, if he didn't want to fight them, he could have just said no and they would have gotten her back? LOL.
Can you say no , when you could HAVE FUN ?
LOL at princess doggy Madoka watching the fight. They're surrounded, and the entire army is watching as a few of them gently wave their swords at each other like they're acting out a play.

I forgot to mention how much Eclair reminds me of Madoka Magica's Sayaka. I dunno, the personality and hairstyle (minus the ears), and even the voice although it's not the same VA.

Oh and Gaul is voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara. Can't unhear Natsu from Fairy Tail.

Well I can't say I don't find this anime somewhat amusing. If I had any opinions on it so far, I'd say this show is basically Nanoha on Casual Mode.
The more episode you watch the better the anime is .

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Yuruyuri: 07

After a nice break due to E3, its time to return to the comedy Anime of the century! This episode had Christmas dates between the girls and new years cards. Also, an appearance by Best Little Sister, and confirmations that the main characters actually have families.

My favorite episode after the kiss one. Dat movie scene = <3.

Mature

ICE! Truly a pioneer of it's time (i'd post the gif if I was at home).

Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku Hen 01

This is pretty damn fantastic, the direction, the music, the animation are all pretty great. Being this is a prequel it also has some neat fanservice in it though it seems like something one could enjoy without having watched the original series.
Some interesting techniques employed on the backgrounds I must say. It really is just fantastic. Everyone must watch it.
It really is a phenomenal OVA. It only gets better too.

cajunator

Banned
No, do show!

Also Team Kyou.

savinganime40.jpg

KACHO ON!

AKO. Now there's a show I really want to watch someday.

Hataraku Maou-Sama 10

That would be tits

Hataraku Maou-Sama 11

It appears Suzuno is out of her mind, and Chiho used the power of feelings, she sure knows how to pull her weight, but that's no surprise when you're capable of holding two watermelons.

Ramping up to the finale, we are.

She has such bignormous Chiho's.

Tenumi

Banned
Lets Play! Suite Precure: 03

This episode we meet Hibiki's dad, who is quite a music nut. I know those kind of people... anyway, after Hibiki's dad disapproved of her performance in a concert as a child, she's hated music since. At least, until, she talked it over with her friend and listened to her Dad while she was fighting the Negatone-of-the-week.

Nobody this season really takes the logical route, do they?

Lets Play! Suite Precure: 03

This episode we meet Hibiki's dad, who is quite a music nut. I know those kind of people... anyway, after Hibiki's dad disapproved of her performance in a concert as a child, she's hated music since. At least, until, she talked it over with her friend and listened to her Dad while she was fighting the Negatone-of-the-week.

Nobody this season really takes the logical route, do they?

The whole point is how Hibiki and Kanade work their way up to establish OTP status.

.....That and I don't think Logical routes are really taken.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 47 END

Well, that loss of bracelets/power didn't last very long. Just a couple of sweet flashbacks to comforting parental figures (tiny crying Nagisa was adorable) and they're back at full confidence, full strength, and the bracelets of hope are back like they were never destroyed. So much for your dying efforts, villain guys!

So the Cures proceed to lay the smackdown on Ilkubo Mk II, culminating in another PRECURE MARBLE SCREW MAX SPARKLE!!! ...Except for the first time in the history of that attack, the enemy actually survives. Then he reveals that there's actually a pretty good reason for this... HE IS THE GODDAMN EVIL KING.

The sheer overwhelming might of the Evil King Ilkubo Mk II Form is enough to half-break Nagisa and Honoka's spirits again, but this time they find strength in each other and their ability to keep smiling together no matter how bad things get. Even so, this Evil King guy is pretty OP. He grows to the size of continents and doesn't afraid of anything.

So it's a good thing that the Manifestation Of All That Is Wrong With The World chooses this moment to reappear in all her golden glory to hold off the King's might. Hikari also makes an appearance to explain (not entirely convincingly, since she breaks into tears towards the end) that she won't regret her decision to merge with the Queen and disappear from the world, because she will live on in everyone's hearts and they will all be connected in the distant future.

So Luminous and the Cures join together for one last EXTREME LUMINARIO MAX, which obliterates the Evil King, and the world is saved! Yaaaaaaaaay.

And so Luminous has vanished from the world, along with all the mascots, leaving Nagisa and Honoka to live their normal lives, their adventures finally over, and their supernatural friends gone forever.

...Except that as it turns out, Hikari is still around working at the takoyaki stand. And the Little Boy of Evil is there too, as her new "brother", Hikaru. And all the mascots are still hanging around for ALL ETERNITY after all. Because let's face it, light magic can do anything the fuck it wants. HAPPY END!

---

So, I survived Max Heart. I wasn't sure I was going to for a while towards the beginning, but thankfully it picked up decently as it went on and there were enough nice episodes here and there to keep me satisfied. The series still dragged on a bit, had chronic lack-of-originality issues, and didn't live up to the first series overall, but it wasn't quite as hellish as I'd been led to believe. If this was the worst Precure has to offer, I guess I've got plenty to look forward to!

That said, I'm not actually quiiiiiiite done with Max Heart just yet. There are still the two movies, which I intend to watch before jumping into Splash Star. But those can wait until tomorrow at the very least. I think I'm going to go get some well-deserved rest.

cajunator

Banned

Well, that loss of bracelets/power didn't last very long. Just a couple of sweet flashbacks to comforting parental figures (tiny crying Nagisa was adorable) and they're back at full confidence, full strength, and the bracelets of hope are back like they were never destroyed. So much for your dying efforts, villain guys!

So the Cures proceed to lay the smackdown on Ilkubo Mk II, culminating in another PRECURE MARBLE SCREW MAX SPARKLE!!! ...Except for the first time in the history of that attack, the enemy actually survives. Then he reveals that there's actually a pretty good reason for this... HE IS THE GODDAMN EVIL KING.

The sheer overwhelming might of the Evil King Ilkubo Mk II Form is enough to half-break Nagisa and Honoka's spirits again, but this time they find strength in each other and their ability to keep smiling together no matter how bad things get. Even so, this Evil King guy is pretty OP. He grows to the size of continents and doesn't afraid of anything.

So it's a good thing that the Manifestation Of All That Is Wrong With The World chooses this moment to reappear in all her golden glory to hold off the King's might. Hikari also makes an appearance to explain (not entirely convincingly, since she breaks into tears towards the end) that she won't regret her decision to merge with the Queen and disappear from the world, because she will live on in everyone's hearts and they will all be connected in the distant future.

So Luminous and the Cures join together for one last EXTREME LUMINARIO MAX, which obliterates the Evil King, and the world is saved! Yaaaaaaaaay.

And so Luminous has vanished from the world, along with all the mascots, leaving Nagisa and Honoka to live their normal lives, their adventures finally over, and their supernatural friends gone forever.

...Except that as it turns out, Hikari is still around working at the takoyaki stand. And the Little Boy of Evil is there too, as her new "brother", Hikaru. And all the mascots are still hanging around for ALL ETERNITY after all. Because let's face it, light magic can do anything the fuck it wants. HAPPY END!

---

So, I survived Max Heart. I wasn't sure I was going to for a while towards the beginning, but thankfully it picked up decently as it went on and there were enough nice episodes here and there to keep me satisfied. The series still dragged on a bit, had chronic lack-of-originality issues, and didn't live up to the first season overall, but it wasn't quite as hellish as I'd been led to believe. If this was the worst Precure has to offer, I guess I've got plenty to look forward to!

That said, I'm not actually quiiiiiiite done with Max Heart just yet. There are still the two movies, which I intend to watch before jumping into Splash Star. But those can wait until tomorrow at the very least. I think I'm going to go get some well-deserved rest.

cnet128
BEASTMODE
(Today, 07:27 PM)

---

So, I survived Max Heart. I wasn't sure I was going to for a while towards the beginning, but thankfully it picked up decently as it went on and there were enough nice episodes here and there to keep me satisfied. The series still dragged on a bit, had chronic lack-of-originality issues, and didn't live up to the first series overall, but it wasn't quite as hellish as I'd been led to believe. If this was the worst Precure has to offer, I guess I've got plenty to look forward to!

Another person survives Max Heart, another person to show off how much of a wimp everyone else is for not being able to finish it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave 10

I'm trying real hard to figure out what exactly it was that I watched. Like... real. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl.

Mind you, it's not the first time I've watched that stuff happen in anime. Just... funny how everything was combined to be lul worthy.

cajunator

Banned
You should do so immediately. The sooner you start, the less you have to suffer later on.

I'm not even sure if I should be smug about it though considering what I done is apparently considered insane.

Well Im about to go watch Man of Steel in 4 hours. midnight showing. I am excite!
Maybe tomorrow. Its just sooooo boring >_

zeroshiki

Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku Hen 01

This is pretty damn fantastic, the direction, the music, the animation are all pretty great. Being this is a prequel it also has some neat fanservice in it though it seems like something one could enjoy without having watched the original series.
Some interesting techniques employed on the backgrounds I must say. It really is just fantastic. Everyone must watch it.

YES!

My favorite OVA ever.

Everytime you hear RK fans wailing about the Jinchuu arc never being animated, rest assured that the very best part of it (and the only reason anyone gave a shit about Jinchuu) is in Tsuioku-hen.

Defuser

Hataraku Maou-Sama ep 11
lol @ Ashiya's groaning and moaning. Urushihara finally getting tired of being treated like shit and sugiya bowls.

So shit is finally goes down again and it's a fallen angel. Can't wait for next week episode for it.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 10
tumblr_mocyd1aDAo1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mocyd1aDAo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Probably am the only viewer who is on team Haya x Hachi but I am so glad it gets a few moments every now and then. I kind of liked the plot here this episode more so than the previous episode, kind of relatable to my feelings in such a position at one point in time and my opinion of things, and I liked how the other characters in the committee were constantly shown and their feelings and such. Wonder how this whole festival committee will turn out.

Defuser

Valvrave ep 10
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

WHAT WHAT WHAT!? Why Japan why?

Aniplex announced on their live show that BLue Exorcist The Movie will be getting an english dub and coming to theaters starting Aug 17, 2013.

Their also streaming Monogatari Second Season and Nekomonogatari Black this summer.

cj_iwakura

I forget which episode we're on, but Super Dimensional Fortress Macross' epilogue is great so far. I love how the characters actually mature, even(especially) Minmay.

Max heart movies aren't that bad .

The first movie is nothing special ....but the second is quite good actually.

Brace yourself anyway , since you'll be starting Splash star and it's freaking awesome season ( don't let the start fool you )

i havent seen anime in who knows how long then i was at my friends house and watched Shingeki No Kyojin...... holly shit. im also liking that Hataraku Maou Sama

Devil survivor - 11

DEVIL%20SURVIVOR%202%20THE%20ANIMATION%20-%2011.jpg

Sweet flashback.

That episode was great , but a little bitter because of all the destruction that occured. Lol that ending filled with characters is quite empty now.

The episode itself was filled with death , and monster doing cool things..with the appearance of a guest star :)

In short : can't wait for ep 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom