• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rage On! (Old Codex - Free!) has a nice art
tumblr_mol3e89Hz21ru6ecio1_500.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So apparently the Oreimo S2 finale (episode 16 I guess?) goes live on August 18th? Just heard from a friend who's knowledgeable about these sorts of things.

sonicmj1

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 90s OVAs

So goddamn good.

The 2000 OVAs look really mediocre in comparison. These are such a joy to watch. The level of craft on display here is absurd. While the OVAs don't feel quite as delightfully cheesy as the TV series, they still manage to have a light touch when necessary. And when it's time to get down to serious fucking business, it's incredible. It's hard to look back at that TV series now; I didn't know what was really possible with the property.

The N'dul battle is better than anything in the 2000 OVAs, yet it pales in comparison with Darby's episode, with its fantastic poker climax. And then the episodes that follow with Dio manage to leave that in the dust. The fight that concludes the series is incredibly well-animated, making the classic Jojo tricks and feints even more amazing to watch. The Stand skills and special moves are even better when they're backed with such a strong sense of physicality. There are few things in anime that appear more powerful than Jotaro's rushdown. This series is really shounen at its finest.

My only regret is that Dio isn't voiced by Takehito Koyasu of the TV series. The regal bearing and otherworldly detachment of Nobuo Tanaka's Dio definitely has its charms, but the overwhelming pride and sheer delight in his own strength that Koyasu's Dio possesses feels irreplaceable to me.

I hope that David Production takes on Stardust Crusaders soon. Even if they can't possibly manage to match the spectacle of the OVAs, I'd love to see them bring the full story to life. A more fully managed series might better build the sort of camaraderie that seems to be central to this arc.

So apparently the Oreimo S2 finale (episode 16 I guess?) goes live on August 18th? Just heard from a friend who's knowledgeable about these sorts of things.

"According to the official website, the airing date of the last three episodes (ep.14-16) of "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai." has been set on August 18th. Viewing method (including international audience) can be found on the website at this link: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/stream/"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
"According to the official website, the airing date of the last three episodes (ep.14-16) of "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai." has been set on August 18th. Viewing method (including international audience) can be found on the website at this link: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/stream/"

Nice, so it's all three episodes. Cool. That's what I figured. Thanks for the clarification, DTL.

wonzo

Banned
@Yuyucow: The new series on AnimeBancho is codirected by Masahiko Otsuka, one of TRIGGER's founders alongside Imaishi http://t.co/Iq1zBrOXkc

@Yuyucow: The Otsuka who wrote a bunch of TTGL/PanSuto episodes and even scripted Little Witch Academia, yes.

@Yuyucow: Looking up the staff for the aforementioned TURNING GIRLS reveals that it's TRIGGER/USP/CoMix Wave people doing weird crap just because.

@Yuyucow: So it totally is Inferno Cop's spiritual successor.

So watching this when I get home.
Well this explains a lot.

Chuu2Koi OVA spoilers.

10/10, AOTS; KYOANI REDEEMED.
With this and the DoF twist, Chuu2 has done a p. good job redeeming itself.

tumblr_lwiui2ngnt1qiee3wo1_250.jpg

UMAKOSHI UTENA
omfg

7Th

Friendly reminder that there was a new Sushio illustration for Kill la Kill in this month's Febri; if you have a friend in Japan, tell him that I would be satisfied with a photo of the full picture.

cajunator

Banned
Nope (and there isn't even a manga, actually).

Guess that just means more upper body.

There is a manga, but I think its adapted from the series itself so I was wrong anyway, but its the same character designer as Onegai Teacher. I knew there was a connection somewhere.
Kanna is the best.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Devil Survivor 10-11

Legitimately one of the worst series I've watched in years. It is fucking garbage to the max. I seriously cannot believe how terrible this show is.

The ending to episode 10 had me bursting in laughter though. I have no idea what the fuck they were going for there but comedy was probably not it. And yet it was absolutely hilarious.

And the worst part was the fact that they
killed off the :SDBurton pairing of the show. GARBAGE.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Chuu2Koi OVA spoilers.

10/10, AOTS; KYOANI REDEEMED.

I've been at this reply page for about 10 minutes now. This overwhelming feeling of happiness has left me at a loss for words. You people thought I was crazy but I saw the writing on the wall from the moment
Nibu and Deko first interacted with one another. My OTP has finally come to be. Praise the garden!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
What do you use to post those symbols? My phone keyboard has those circles and stars too.

If I have my phone on me I use my Japanese language keyboard which has many of these pictures built in (on iOS anyway). See if Android has a free Japanese keyboard that can be downloaded, it may have them too.

cajunator

Banned
If I have my phone on me I use my Japanese language keyboard which has many of these pictures built in (on iOS anyway). See if Android has a free Japanese keyboard that can be downloaded, it may have them too.

Watch I'll show you what I mean..this is the standard Galaxy S4 keyboard.

°•○●□■☆★♡♥◇◆¤《》¡¿

This is pretty cool.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Watch I'll show you what I mean..this is the standard Galaxy S4 keyboard.

°•○●□■☆★♡♥◇◆¤《》¡¿

Ah, you may need to download a specia keyboard for it, as I simply select a pre-made one.

Looks like this for me.

84EA12BB-4CC7-4692-94E3-EFCE149FD05C-165-000000108C45D9D3_zpseb89cdf1.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Henneko 10

Yeah, I have no fucking idea what the hell is going on in this show anymore. :lol I think I'm just watching it for the :cajun factor at this point. In that regard, though, it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom