• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like stuffing Samus in a dress at the top of the tower and making goddamn Starfy rescue her.

I know it's not a dress, but you get the point.

YWGoYl4.png

Edit: Bonus Avatar-sized version because I don't even know

FOYpYUP.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God, this is like the new School Days. Well, except School Days is genuinely good.

It's true what they say, any publicity is good publicity.

Really, it's not so much whether a review is positive or negative, but how extreme it is.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 6

Hooooo dang. Poor girl. Nanami might be a stuck up snob, but the whole threat of being assaulted by a stranger in the dark is not something I'd wish on her. Partially because no one deserves it and also because this happened to me, and that fear is . . . guuh.

This murder plot is so totally a giant misunderstanding, though. Least the one in the green house is. LOL, Nanami is so hilariously melodramatic. SHADOW PUPPETS. CONTROLLING SHADOW PUPPETS.

Goddamn nightmares. Every. Single. Time. All my nightmares. All of 'em.

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY.
I'd be more upset over the brother sister thing here, were it not for the fact that I'm pretty sure everyone in Utena is attracted to everyone. Including Chu Chu.

Haaahaha, of course the abusive Saionji would think that the abused "loving" the abuser is totally natural and normal. Hahahaha. Go back to bed, Saionji, you're drunk. Utena's great, "NO ONE ASKED YOU."

Tsuwabuki just handed three upperclassmen their asses. This kid needs to join the dueling club like, now. Ooooooor he's a total psychopath. Also Nanami managed to sneak out that recording equipment, set it up, and point the mic at the kid's mouth without anyone saying a word. LOL.

WHERE THE FUCK DOES A RUNAWAY KANGAROO COME FROM? WHAT IN THE? WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON IN THIS SCHOOL. NO. NO. NO. WHAT EVEN. HOLD ON. KANGAROO. WHY. He's ripped, too!

I have no legitimate means of understanding what happened in the last five minutes of this episode. I. I. What the hell.

Theonik

Megas is the best mech show without lesbians I've ever watched.
That's like saying it's the best harem sho without romanti interests you ever watched!

You're not pizzaroll.
Who's P... Damn you Branduil.

Well, the first half of the 66 eps isn't nearly as good as the second.
ibfVFCsnGT2hmB.gif

My actual sister is a NEET.
Donotwant
But is she cute like Valvrave's Akira or the hikikomori from SZS?

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 1

Only 19 minutes in and I have to stop so I can get some sleep, but this is a darn fine show. Which means by UC Gundam law that I will love it as it hurts me again and again.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom S2 2

kingdoms22.jpg

Holy fucking shit, the sheer balls on this guy is off the charts. He pretty much lured the man responsible for
killing the most cherished General in Qin's entire army
and got him to
suggest an alliance between Qin and Zhao so they can both conquest the smaller fry without worries. He then used that very offer against Li Mu and ended up securing Zhao's most strategically vital castle on top of the alliance.
All this just to humiliate the current King of Qin and shore up his power as Chancellor. This is some almost unseen levels of mastermind keikaku doori's right here folks.

This series is at its absolute best when it's focusing on the machiavellian bastardy involved inside and outside of each and every state. It just makes me kinda mad the first season of this was so poorly handled even if I ended up enjoying that for other reasons… :(

This deserved better dammit and at least it's finally getting the treatment it deserves with this season.

Jubern

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 1

Only 19 minutes in and I have to stop so I can get some sleep, but this is a darn fine show. Which means by UC Gundam law that I will love it as it hurts me again and again.

Yes!

I really like Unicorn. For the anime, the low point for me was by FAR episode 4, but that might be because I read the novels where this stuff goes does in a completely different (and IMO better way). Otherwise it ranges from great to okay.

I just watched the 9 minutes preview of Ghost in the Shell ARISE by the way. Not sure how I feel about it. Animation was really not anything special, and I kind of expected better after the Gundam and Geass OAV offerings (different studio, I know, but same sponsor/initiative). Production IG plz.
The new voice actors weren't that jarring, and I was actually really taken aback by Motoko's very first line, that totally did sound like a younger Major.

I had totally forgot it was coming out this week, I might go to a theater Saturday or Sunday.

Jex

Incestual May-June Romance?
Exactly! That's the kind of thing that, on first blush, might cause someone to stay away from the show but theb they'd be really missing out on a very strong title.

I can undersrand that reaction, of course. For the most part you'd be right to judge an anime based on it's cover (or a brief synopsis) but adhering to that rule blindly will lead you to miss many interesting works.

wonzo

Banned
Eh, at some point the subject matter becomes too icky to approach that no matter how well done it is, people will be turned off. I certainly don't blame people for going with their gut here.
Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from there but I still think that kinda thinking can lead people away from some legitimately great works.

Jex

Did you guys trick people into watching Koi Kaze now?
Hey, can we not engage in that kind of approach to commenting on recommendations? I want people to watch Koi Kaze because I think it's a legitimately good show. There's no tricking involved. If I were to recommend someone a terrible, but entertaining, show I'd make that very clear.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, can we not engage in that kind of approach to commenting on recommendations? I want people to watch Koi Kaze because I think it's a legitimately good show. There's no tricking involved. If I were to recommend someone a terrible, but entertaining, show I'd make that very clear.
I have no idea under what pretenses the show was recommended... it's just that given the history of this thread, I just imagine all recommendations to be troll recommendations at this point. Glass half empty, etc.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well now I'm intrigued.

Turning Girls 1

lol yeah that was pretty good. Although it's kind of hard to tell who's talking sometimes.
@Yuyucow: The new series on AnimeBancho is codirected by Masahiko Otsuka, one of TRIGGER's founders alongside Imaishi http://t.co/Iq1zBrOXkc

@Yuyucow: The Otsuka who wrote a bunch of TTGL/PanSuto episodes and even scripted Little Witch Academia, yes.

@Yuyucow: Looking up the staff for the aforementioned TURNING GIRLS reveals that it's TRIGGER/USP/CoMix Wave people doing weird crap just because.

@Yuyucow: So it totally is Inferno Cop's spiritual successor.

So watching this when I get home.

you know, i can never get used to light novels obsessing over describing the bodies of the female cast in plenty detail.

It's like fanfic EX.

I guess me feeling uncomfortable means i still have some sort of dignity left!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online isn't even a troll rec. It's not like it's that terrible. Shit like Date-A-Live, that's terrible.

cajunator

Banned
Muromi-san 11

Oh my god, that eyecatch with the popsicles. Woooooooooow.

Also Levia-san is best.

Popsicle fanservice in anime is so passe at this point. It started around the eyecatches in Maburaho and just escalated from there.

Gotta agree. WIth Bebop its dub or bust. It fits sooooo well.

Sword Art Online 15

WHY WOULD YOU KEEP THE NERVE GEAR. WHY. WHY WOULD YOUR MOM NOT IMMEDIATELY THROW IT AWAY AGAINST YOUR PROTESTING.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I CALLED IT THEY
HAVE TO GO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.
HAHAHAHA. Oh my God, I should have written this show. NOW THEY'RE ELVES BECAUSE.

Hey, whycome Kirito looks absolutely no older in the real world? Puberty doesn't happen? Kirito is now a master of the sword in real life because he learned in the matrix! Does Kirito's sister legit not know what he spent the last two years doing? Also, why isn't Kirito desperately trying to find his wife? Oh yeah because Asuna was the sole contributor to the relationship.

Wow, it's pretty convenient that Asuna was like, within biking distance of Kirito the entire time. Okay, its not that I don't believe that Kaiba is behind all of this again, it's that I don't know why when LAST TIME HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHY THE FUCK HE WAS DOING IT. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD. OAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAB SHE'S ALREADY HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO THEN BUT THEN THE DRAMA AND THE REEL LIFE AND THE CONTRIVANCE NECESSARY FOR THESE THINGS TO BE THE CASE WHEN HAHAHAHAH WHY DID YOU NOT EVER AND HOW DID THIS NEVER I MEAN YOU GUYS WERE

LOLOLOLOL.

I love your reviews so much Corvy Kun. Im sorry you have become entranced with such an awful show. I dropped this one at this point. Couldnt go any more.

Sword Art Online 15, Rest of the Episode Insanity

HA HA HAHA

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME.

WHY. WHY?!?!? Can anyone, ANYONE explain why this show needed the following, in order fucking stupid: A BROTHER SISTER ROMANCE. FUCK YOU, UNLESS THIS IS AN ANCIENT MYTH, I AIN'T SWINGING THIS SHIT. WHY IN THE FUCK. I MEAN THE "OH WE'RE COUSINS THAT MAKES IT OKAY!!" FUUUUUUUUCK YOU. FUCK YOUR FAMILY. DON'T FUCK YOUR NOT BROTHER. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

WHY WHY WHY.

Next up on the list: WHY IN THE FUCK DOES ASUNA SUDDENLY GET RELEGATED TO THE ROLE OF DAMSEL IN DISTRESS? Goddamn, its like sudden character assassination. It isn't that I can't do the damsel in distress thing, I'm fine with it, I am, but really? It's like stuffing Samus in a dress at the top of the tower and making goddamn Starfy rescue her.

Now, I liked seeing Kirito powerless before the injustice of the real world, that was fine, but at the cost of murdering the one good character in his relationship? Fuck that. WHERE IS KLEIN?

WHY A TIME SKIP. FUCK YOU. FUCK TIME SKIPS. FUCK. TIME SKIPS. THEY'RE BAD. STOP.

WHY DID YOU HAVBE A FUCKING VILLAIN WHO HAD LITERALLY NO FUCKING PLAN AT ALL. EVEN AT ITS MOST RANDOM FINAL BOSSES, FINAL FANTASY NEVER STOOPED SO FUCKING LOW. FUCK. HOW CAN I TAKE CREDIBLE A VILLAIN WITH NO MOTIVE AT ALL? IT ISN'T EVEN IN THE NAME OF EVIL OR "BECAUSE HE'S AN EVIL ABOMINATION" HE'S JUST A GUY DOING SHIT. FUCK THIS.

What happened to this show?

and thats where my knowledge of SAO ends. I was able to escape. It looks like you wont be so lucky :(

• Ano Natsu 02

Clearly I'm watching Ah! My Goddess again.

wUNbHpN.png
QxwY5uR.png

Same manga-ka I believe.
However, Mizuho >>>>>>>>>>Ichika. Like it isnt even close.

God, this is like the new School Days. Well, except School Days is genuinely good.

Its just cruelty at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom