• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky Star 21

tC5SWIbl.jpg

The school trip was all kinds of fun.

The Lucky Channel episode was all kinds of amazing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi 03:

Aiko: fiery Osakan, straight shooter, tomboy in overalls, dutiful daughter, huge forehead, and did I say Osakan? The perfect character.

Even if I still remembered the twist at the end of the episode from the first time that I tried to watch this, and even if it was predictable, damn this shit is touching.
That's Naniwakko to you!

zeroshiki

Best school trip episode is without a doubt the K-On!! episode with them going to Kyoto. It encapsulates what it means to be a bunch of girls just having fun and walking around.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi 01:

You want to know another reason why I was so wildly apologetic about all of the Precure pimping I've done? It's because it finally dawned upon me after a mere 450 episodes or some shit that it's really fucking bad just as often as it's good and the badness is inherent to the very things that remain constant from season to season and there's no hope of it ever evolving beyond its limitations because the fact that everything about it is commercially manufactured down to the smallest detail means that the boat will never be rocked in any significant way. The rigidity born of the need to conspicuously advertise garbage to children each week, the total avoidance of experimentation, and the demand that all of the protagonists are pure and innocent role models all stifle the franchise's potential to be something that's consistently enjoyable. The first episode of Ojamajo Doremi is already better than at least three whole seasons of Precure, and I'm sure that number will rise as I continue to watch.
Smile Precure is demonstrating much of this for me. It's not that it's bad, but rather simply failing to take advantage of the opportunities it gives itself. It puts together all these great pieces(Reika not included), but finds itself unwilling or unable to properly use them. Heartcatch Precure wasn't much better when it literally took thirty-nine episodes to finally let itself get loose enough to properly use Erika.

Honestly, when people talk about plot vs direction, Heartcatch Precure is firm evidence on the plot end. I don't even mean overarching plot here, but per-episode plotting even ignoring the Freudcatch Formula.

I'm just happy for Hito that someone is actually delivering.
Jexhius recently finished the first series! ;_;

Jex

Cowboy Bebop 3-4

Is Faye just there for sex appeal or something. Sort of... stupid. Anyway, these are great but they're getting sort of... mundane. I hope it gets more interesting.

Well, Faye does have one of the worst outfits for any major female character in any anime so yes, that's part of the role that she serves but it isn't her entire reason for existing.

iavi

Free! will tide us over during the Summer until Space Dandy comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKjib23Hx6Q

So, this is KyoAni's male K-ON legit. Will watch if funny.

Have a timesheet:

How do I even read this sacred txt?

Cowboy Bebop 3-4

Is Faye just there for sex appeal or something. Sort of... stupid. Anyway, these are great but they're getting sort of... mundane. I hope it gets more interesting.

Faye plays a much deeper role.

iavi

Yeah, Cwarrior, you might want to watch,hell, read up on Time of Eve before saying something like that. It's anything but.

zeroshiki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKjib23Hx6Q

So, this is KyoAni's male K-ON legit. Will watch if funny.

Its a new property (based on a light novel) from one of their scam contests that they run from time to time. The main production is being handled by Animation Do (instead of KyoAni main) and they've done a bunch of stuff all around the KyoAni catalog. The director is apparently a uhrrmm BL fangirl and she directed the Hyouka episode with Oreki and Satoshi in the bath together. Its gonna be... interesting to say the least.

Shergal

Its a new property (based on a light novel) from one of their scam contests that they run from time to time. The main production is being handled by Animation Do (instead of KyoAni main) and they've done a bunch of stuff all around the KyoAni catalog. The director is apparently a uhrrmm BL fangirl and she directed the Hyouka episode with Oreki and Satoshi in the bath together. Its gonna be... interesting to say the least.

She also directed episode 21 of Hyouka.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 2

those muscles :lol

Huh, I wasn't expecting this show to even get remotely this heartfelt, let alone episode 2. Show's not half bad, honestly.

Smile Precure is demonstrating much of this for me. It's not that it's bad, but rather simply failing to take advantage of the opportunities it gives itself. It puts together all these great pieces(Reika not included), but finds itself unwilling or unable to properly use them. Heartcatch Precure wasn't much better when it literally took thirty-nine episodes to finally let itself get loose enough to properly use Erika.

You know what show is loose enough to take advantage of its pieces?

Jewelpet Kira Deco 40

TiI7OjH.jpg

Those are some Cat Soup eyes.

Something's wrong with this picture...

There we go. From this humble beginning, I had no idea what places this very special New Year's episode would go. Places no sane mind could conceive. Good thing the people making this aren't sane.

Pumpkin Scissors 4

I think this is where I left off years ago. Don't remember the overarching plot showing up. Glad it has, since the Trigun formula can only be awesome so many times. On top of that, Oland is starting to get some much needed development and become an actual character.

CorvoSol

I hope you are paying attention to the lyrics.

I'll pay closer attention just as soon as you explain to me how Ammonites describe both Saionji AND Miki. Cuz I can't get my brain around how ammonites apply to anything in this show, yet.

It shouldn't need to be a "suicide pact".

It was just the way he'd phrased it. "I'll go through this if someone else goes through it with me." Damn, I should've started doing that. Could've forced someone through Gundams AGE and 00 with me so that my obscenities could be tempered.

Oh yeah. On the subject of Corvo watching SAO.

I have this unshakeable feeling that Kirito isn't going to get with Asuna in the end. This is based on him flying around with a blonde Elf girl in the new OP. Asuna is last OP, guys. Deedlit is where it is at, now.

I love SAO. It's fun to watch. Can't wait for S2. =D

Fun to watch was GGG. Any show which builds a giant hammer capable of smashing an artificial star system is where it is at.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know what show is loose enough to take advantage of its pieces?

Jewelpet Kira Deco
You guys have already been successful in putting it on my radar. Just haven't gotten around to it yet, but will at some point.

I'll pay closer attention just as soon as you explain to me how Ammonites describe both Saionji AND Miki. Cuz I can't get my brain around how ammonites apply to anything in this show, yet.
Ammonites are old. Really old. Really fucking old. They are SO old, Saionji's ideals are that old.

Don't overthink it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, but what does that have to do with Miki?
Context is completely different...

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/utena/rgusmg.htm
The theatre, extraordinary spirits, a collective phenomenon
The theatre, extraordinary characters, a fanciful reality
An operating table, a shipwreck, pure drama
spira mirabilis
Ever spiralling and transforming in the vortex
spira mirabilis Aaah...
Scipio's dream

The theatre, fantasy spirits, the movement of immortality
The theatre, fantasy characters, the structure of immortality
Ammonite, alchemy, the sacred scarab
spira mirabilis
Dying in order to live once more...
spira mirabilis Aaah...
...in the vortex of wonders

My My My My
My My My My
Never-ending theatre

From the geometric stage
of the secrets of life and death,
exeunt, all!
Death rebirth death rebirth
Death rebirth death rebirth
*shrug*

Wait, he was banned for gaming stuff instead of his blindly pro-Israel positions? Now that I honestly find shocking.

What has he said?

Also, gonna pull a :kayos here. Does gaf hate Israel or something? Don't know a thing about the politics and what goes on there. Though I have been encouraged to go on multiple occasions.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What has he said?

Also, gonna pull a :kayos here. Does gaf hate Israel or something? Don't know a thing about the politics and what goes on there. Though I have been encouraged to go on multiple occasions.
It's not a matter of hating Israel. Their government just does stupid shit, and Hix would always defend stupid shit.

Dresden

What has he said?

Israel is up to some seedy apartheid shit and there are those who defend it. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom