• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php
Read between the lines

kpazXV1.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 318

That was some BS Kabuto pulled with reviving the former Eight Tails host with the Hachibi's power. Though, Orochimaru being the root of everything actually did provided a decent explanation about how everything happen.

Speaking of which, props to the episode for having Oro being evil and causing problems. Just a nostalgic reminder of how good a villain he was in Part 1 compared to what's sadly happen to him now.

Nafe

The anime killed F-Zero.

I watched some or all of the first episode and then a bit of another but that was all I really saw of the anime.

I wanted to try the Wipeout series since it looks similar but I believe the company behind those games is another that shut down. :(

Breakin mah heart

I don't want to hear what he has to say about star Fox either then

F-Zero and Star Fox in HD would be nice. I actually never played the Star Fox games for the Gamecube, maybe Nintendo figured the 3DS port was good enough. :(

They thought to quit while they were ahead since there is no way they are topping it.

Yeah, GX is pretty good so it would be hard to top.

cnet128

Banned

Close, but not quite. That one may have the best lyrics, but this one is the better song. And the updated version is better still.

Moral of this story is, fuck yeah Bump songs about cats.

Hataraku Maou-sama 12

Well,
that twisted angel got what was coming to him

And it's nice to see
our more sympathetic "enemy" characters Suzuno and Lucifer both siding firmly with the side of good - uh, I mean, the side of demons - in the end.

Not that much to say about this episode, everything went pretty much as expected, but it was fun to watch the completely over-the-top battle unfold. I mean, dude only
summoned the goddamn moon

I watched some or all of the first episode and then a bit of another but that was all I really saw of the anime.

It didn't even star Captain Falcon, so it was useless!
F-Zero and Star Fox in HD would be nice. I actually never played the Star Fox games for the Gamecube, maybe Nintendo figured the 3DS port was good enough. :(

To be honest, you're not really missing much with the Gamecube games.

Jex

The problem is that, if you watch any western produced television, the drop in production values is just way too noticeable. When Canadian TV looks better than Japanese TV, you know there's a problem somewhere. :(

I don't know about that, doesn't Canadian TV get some Government funding like Canadian movies? Or is that all in the past?

Dresden

Only Canadian thing I've watched is that one-take school shooting thing, but then that's like Quebec or something so maybe it's on a different footing.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Adventures shouldn't have even been a Star Fox game. Plus it was bad, so bad.

Assault was better by a lot. But the parts where you had pilots out of their ships with guns were kinda poorly made. Not bad imo, but not great.

(Command for the DS was kinda fun too, but the writing was atrocious and considering that was the most recent "new" Star Fox game, I don't have my hopes up.)

Jex

The Rose of Versailles 5

Show needs to focus less on the rivalry between Marie Antoinette and Madame Du Barry and more on the Duke of Orleans. Guy is one ruthless motherfucker. He's gonna try and pull some cunning shit, and Oscar will have to stop him, and it will be way more interesting than, "She won't talk to me! Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

You do realise that you're watching a shoujo, right? Why are you asking grass not to be green?

Mushibugyo - 01

I dislike the opening theme a LOT.

I do like the hero attitude and motivations

I don't like the other members yet ( but i hope this will change )

Mushibugyo%20-%2001.jpg

Decent Heroine.. or i least i think she is i just hope she won't be a damnsel in distress every episode/arc

Overall decent episode.

I don't get or know why giant insect are attacking edo ... i guess i should be fine untill i see a giant ennemy crab.

survivor

Banned
The problem is that, if you watch any western produced television, the drop in production values is just way too noticeable. When Canadian TV looks better than Japanese TV, you know there's a problem somewhere. :(

Canadian TV is unwatchable. What have we made in the past 10 years outside of Degrassi that was watchable?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I don't know about that, doesn't Canadian TV get some Government funding like Canadian movies? Or is that all in the past?

Well the CBC is run by the government ala their UK-counterparts the BBC, so yeah. But otherwise, I'm not the expert on it.

Only Canadian thing I've watched is that one-take school shooting thing, but then that's like Quebec or something so maybe it's on a different footing.

I bet you've seen more than that.

Canadian shows I've seen, just off the top of my head (I'm sure I've seen more):
Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy
The Red Green Show
Flashpoint

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, Canadian TV is functional now, and yeah they get a lot of funding (I love that something like Stargate was funded by the Canadian government and is sponsored by the US Air Force), but there's a stench of cheapness in all of these productions. Come to think of it, there's a reason why nearly every SyFy show was shot in Canada.

That's not to say you can't spend money to make TV in Canada of course... it's just that there's a reason why people come up here instead of shooting in NYC or LA, where all the big budget shows seem to be located.

Quebec actually has a stronger industry than the rest of Canada because of how fervent they are about protecting their culture. Most Canadians are happy to watch American shows, for the most part.

Canadian TV is unwatchable. What have we made in the past 10 years outside of Degrassi that was watchable?
I guess it depends if you count something made specifically for Canada or made in Canada.

I actually liked Corner Gas when it was huge all those years ago. Flashpoint was fun because it made it look like Toronto needed a SWAT team to roll around the city every week. lol

Of course, a lot of American shows are shot in Vancouver... and you can immediately tell when they say they're in New York but it looks nothing like New York. :p

Syrinx

You do realise that you're watching a shoujo, right? Why are you asking grass not to be green?
Cause blue grass looks cooler.

On a more serious note, I guess I just think that they've dragged the whole issue with Antoinette not addressing Du Barry for too long. I'd probably be okay if their rivalry went more interesting and sinister places than that (and with Duke Orleans working closely with Du Barry, I'm hopeful at least the latter part comes to fruition).

As per the genre, I was hoping for more focus on the relationship between Oscar and Antoinette than there has been. But the end of this episode gives me hope for that as well.

• Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette 01

I decided to put this one on while my roommates were watching the musical movie for the umpteenth time.

I love how it's actually sort of closer to the book at least in these opening scenes than the movie, but it feels SO totally different.

Taruranto

Yay, i finally finished catching up with HxH anime. That was one hell of a ride, never though i could make it.

Now i can finally start something from my backlog again.

survivor

Banned
I guess it depends if you count something made specifically for Canada or made in Canada.

I actually liked Corner Gas when it was huge all those years ago. Flashpoint was fun because it made it look like Toronto needed a SWAT team to roll around the city every week. lol

Of course, a lot of American shows are shot in Vancouver... and you can immediately tell when they say they're in New York but it looks nothing like New York. :p
I could never stand the main guy for Corner Gas or any of the characters on the show. Flashpoint was fun, but at the end it's still your standard cop drama. Outside of scripted shows, I really like Dragons' Den a lot, one of my guilty pleasures.

Indeed.

Though, and I expect to be pelted with rotten fruit, I do wish all these post series AMG would get a dub. Thats where I came to the show and so thats AMG in my head.
Yep, the voice actors they got in the dub were actually really really good. Even if Skuld got on my nerves some of the time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I could never stand the main guy for Corner Gas or any of the characters on the show. Flashpoint was fun, but at the end it's still your standard cop drama. Outside of scripted shows, I really like Dragons' Den a lot, one of my guilty pleasures.
Heh, I liked Brent Butt from his stand up, so Corner Gas was almost a no brainer. I was pleasantly surprised that it was such a success, actually.

I'm trying to think of any made for Canada shows currently on the air that I watch and I'm drawing a blank though. I guess I'll be watching the Canadian version of The Amazing Race whenever that airs.

I wouldn't pull this out unless I felt it was necessary! Especially considering how very reasonable I find cosmic to be.

What the hell is wrong with you?

But seriously, I've voiced my aversion to (standard) shoujo art styles multiple times. Utena in particular seems to have some ugly designs (and messed up proportions).

Mushibugyo - 02

Hum this anime is growing on me quite fast !

Mushibugyo%20-%2002.jpg

The birth of an intense friendship !

This episode was quite good . We got some flashback , and a nice set of character interraction between ninja girl and the hero.

We also had a quick but effective review of the setting ( with the giant insects and such ) and so i'm pretty satisfied.

Ps: i liked that attack combo, i hope we'll get more complex finishers or more actions as the serie continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom