• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm trying to think of any made for Canada shows currently on the air that I watch and I'm drawing a blank though. I guess I'll be watching the Canadian version of The Amazing Race whenever that airs.

Why would you need a Canadian version of that? Not to mention that watching a version with nothing but polite and orderly people must be pretty boring.
everyone on the show being stereotypical Ugly American jackasses is what made me stop watching after a few seasons. wahjah overload

Quasar

hummingbird.me just got a pretty nifty front page redesign! There's finally a feed for friends' activity and a panel where you can update your recent series without having to visit your watchlist page. It's not as pretty as I'd like yet, but it's functional and it's a huge step toward it being a definitive MAL-killer.

The speed does still bother me though. Makes me wonder if it scale or just come crashing down when public.

Why would you need a Canadian version of that? Not to mention that watching a version with nothing but polite and orderly people must be pretty boring.
everyone on the show being stereotypical Ugly American jackasses is what made me stop watching after a few seasons. wahjah overload

Cause one (super limited version of) The Amazing Race is better than no currently airing Amazing Race!

cajunator

Banned
Kokoro Connect

Shit's dope.

Yes. Oh god yes it is!

TLG has to show up at TGS. LBP3 is more of a Gamescom announcement and the rumor is that's a PS3 game.

I think what sold me on the Xbox One games was Swery's new game being exclusive and I like the look of Insomniac's new game.

I have a wait and see approach to this.

Aniplex USA also got Servant x Service (Streaming and disc)

Aniplex gettin their piece of the pie.

This design for that upcoming eroge adaptation... is this the :chet version of Utena?

Its a boring version.

huh! There will be a Ah! My Goddess OAD.

http://youtu.be/Nz-JIFdyXdg

I guess more Belldandy is never a bad thing.

Well, not that you can do alot in 15s for a dialogue heavy show without to spoil important parts.

But it looks like Shaft will release a longer PV before the show will start in 2 1/2 weeks.

More Belldandy is NEVER a bad thing! shes a sweetheart and very cute. Plus the other characters are awesome as well. a really fun world to explore.

I honestly don't know what's worse, trying to chase the premium model of the late 90s/early 00s, or the Sentai/Funimation model of releasing everything under the sun.

Weirdly, NISA seems to be the only company that exists right in the middle by being selective and setting a higher MSRP.

NISA is my favorite current licensing company.

If you think about it, every company has some faults with it.

Sentai? Barebones releases.

Funi? Too long wait for BluRay releases due to Reverse Importation fears

NISA? No dubs.

Aniplex? Expensive.

MediaBlasters? Will it actually come out.

Viz? They still license stuff?lol

They all have their faults but so did the old guard. Geneon took the mantle for most expensive and it drove them to the ground. their releases were very classy though.

jeebus how can such lewd art pass apple cert?

This is like the only thing I actually agree with Apple on :D

Another AnimeGAF cult classic arrives in the high definition era.

Angel's Egg, coming to Blu-ray on August 21.

I cany understand moon runes but theres not a lot of dialog to not understand either.

image.php

Its just a butt.

I liked Red Green when I was a kid, but that's about it.

I liked Green Green...regrettably

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Poor Canada. Only good things you can find there are the band Metric and Scott Pilgrim.
Michael Cera and Celine Dion. Yay!

Let me know when that airs!
I almost imagine you'll find out before I do. lol

There's a Canadian version of every American reality show. Canadian Idol, Canada's Got Talent, etc. It makes sense because the network gets the "free advertisement" by jumping on the American show's popularity, but they can also get a piece of the pie in terms of all the sponsorships that are embedded in those shows. I expect the flights to be sponsored by Air Canada, with jackets provided by Canada Goose, and travel planned by Expedia.ca.

That said, since you won't have people yelling at foreigners for not speaking English, a lot of the American wahjah probably won't be there. Unless they go to Quebec anyway. lol

Meh, good enough for me. Anything outside of Ontario and Quebec is foreign to me anyway.
I'm hoping they don't recycle tasks from TAR and TAR Australia. But I almost expect them to do so, because why plan original tasks when all that work is done for you?

I almost imagine you'll find out before I do. lol

That said, since you won't have people yelling at foreigners for not speaking English, a lot of the American wahjah probably won't be there. Unless they go to Quebec anyway. lol

I'm hoping they don't recycle tasks from TAR and TAR Australia. But I almost expect them to do so, because why plan original tasks when all that work is done for you?

Probably, but I'm not up to date on the workings of the Canadian TV system.

What about people in Quebec yelling at them to speak in French?

Oh you know they will.

This is, apparently, Canada in Hetalia Axis Powers:

A fair representation?

You know his thing on the show is that he gets ignored by everybody and that he gets mistaken for America. Poor Canada-kun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What about people in Quebec yelling at them to speak in French?

Oh you know they will.
Yeah, the only drama is if they go to Northern Quebec and there are Anglo-Canadians on the team. That should be fun. :p

You know his thing on the show is that he gets ignored by everybody and that he gets mistaken for America. Poor Canada-kun.
Sounds about right!

Mushibugyo - 03

That was such an anti climaxing reveal !!

But then I guess they finally started to give hints of the greater plot.

So far so good

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 16

A pretty standard episode. Naruto Kenta thinks he hears his parents talking about how they want him to inherit the family business. (The "obviously a misunderstanding" levels are over 9000.) This gets him all depressed, because he has a dream of his own to become a comedian, and now he'll have to give up on it.

Which leads to an episode of people discussing dreams and how you should never give up on them. Mai's big bro tells them about his own dream to become an astronaut. Kaoru and Michiru, of course, express keen interest since the idea of chasing after dreams is completely alien to them. Even Dorodoron gets in on the fun, revealing that his dream is to become Akudaikaan's right-hand man. And the final inspiration for Naruto Kenta comes from watching Saki at softball practice, where she never gives up no matter how tough things get.

So in the end, Naruto Kenta comes straight out and tells his parents that he doesn't think he'll be able to take up the family business. Naturally, it turns out that his parents weren't talking about that at all - they just want Naruto Kenta to look after the shop this coming weekend when they'll be busy with other stuff.

So everything's good in the end! Except Naruto Kenta's jokes. Those are just bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The speed does still bother me though. Makes me wonder if it scale or just come crashing down when public.

Don't worry, it'll eventually get faster
when they sell out their startup to larger company

There's a Canadian version of every American reality show. Canadian Idol, Canada's Got Talent, etc. It makes sense because the network gets the "free advertisement" by jumping on the American show's popularity, but they can also get a piece of the pie in terms of all the sponsorships that are embedded in those shows. I expect the flights to be sponsored by Air Canada, with jackets provided by Canada Goose, and travel planned by Expedia.ca.

I understand the economic incentives, but you guys are supposed to be the ones who are above patriotism and all that!

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 16

A pretty standard episode. Naruto Kenta thinks he hears his parents talking about how they want him to inherit the family business. (The "obviously a misunderstanding" levels are over 9000.) This gets him all depressed, because he has a dream of his own to become a comedian, and now he'll have to give up on it.

Which leads to an episode of people discussing dreams and how you should never give up on them. Mai's big bro tells them about his own dream to become an astronaut. Kaoru and Michiru, of course, express keen interest since the idea of chasing after dreams is completely alien to them. Even Dorodoron gets in on the fun, revealing that his dream is to become Akudaikaan's right-hand man. And the final inspiration for Naruto Kenta comes from watching Saki at softball practice, where she never gives up no matter how tough things get.

So in the end, Naruto Kenta comes straight out and tells his parents that he doesn't think he'll be able to take up the family business. Naturally, it turns out that his parents weren't talking about that at all - they just want Naruto Kenta to look after the shop this coming weekend when they'll be busy with other stuff.

So everything's good in the end! Except Naruto Kenta's jokes. Those are just bad.

To be fair , Naruto Kenta is a pretty good addition to the cast . I guess you realised by now but he is far from being annoying or a dead weight and most of the time his appearances have something to do with the plot.

Not a fan of the comedian routine however.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Attack on Yahoo! Auctions soon, probably.

[Sailor Moon S Movie], three minutes in

This is gonna be one of those things that makes me hate Toei all over again, isn't it?

yes but not for the reasons that you expect.

I remember when people would boo the American anthem at hockey games. lol

We'd boo the Canadian anthem too if we only knew what it sounded like.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2 Part 2

HAhahahaha! I KNEW IT! I knew she was
Princess Mineva Zabi!
This Neo-Zeon war is just plain never going to end. These negotiations are actually some of the most intelligent things I've seen said or done in a Gundam show like, ever. Holy eff this fat politician guy is the stupidest of stupid. I do not foresee him living to the end of the series. Between the music and the action this show is the best thing to happen to Gundam in so, so long.

I think the question of "Are you really Char Aznable?" is one of the most easily avoided questions in the world. If Full Frontal is him, he could still not be, since Char discarded names as he did masks. He was just as easily Casval Deikun, Quatro Bajeena, as he was Char Aznable. So he could just as easily now be Full Frontal. Not that I'm sold that that is who this is.

Wait, the Gundam Unicorn is RX-0? Holy crap, the one Amuro piloted was the RX-78-2. How old is the Unicorn?

Naruto Shippuden Episode 318 – A Hole in the Heart: The Other Jinchuriki

White Zetsu and the va, really made me kind of want to care about them and feel a bit bad for them. Good episode, more time with Lord Orochimaru and Kabuto in the past is always a good aspect.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
iirc they start from the S movie.

The R movie is the first appearance overall of the individual Sailor themes but they don't appear in the series until S.

I think I'm gonna watch the movie after dinner. I need to be in a special state of mind for this.

Braced for crippling boredom?

Oh yeah, the R movie also had the superior version of R Moon's transformation theme. Shame it's so short.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Funimation has a survey gauging interest in a DBZ BD release:
https://s.zoomerang.com/s/dragonballzsurveyemail

*Currently we plan on 9 Season Sets in total (Episodes 1-291)
Each Season Set will be priced $44.98 retail (but you'll be able find them cheaper online and at most stores). Are you interested in purchasing Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray?

*Which screen size format would you want to see Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray?
4:3 - Original Production Release
16:9 - Crop of Original Production Release
(This should be obvious!)

Mushibugyo - 04

A pretty simple plot for a character that doesn't seems to add much in the cast.

Ok character despite the genericness even if i have to admit that his only weakness is kinda cute.

I just realised that this anime use a lot of ink effects ..but they use it in subtle way so the end result works... a total contrast to hyakka ryouran that abuse ink effects to the point you're sick on them.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Funimation has a survey gauging interest in a DBZ BD release:
https://s.zoomerang.com/s/dragonballzsurveyemail

(This should be obvious!)

The fact that they even give the public the option of choosing a butchered release is depressing. Still, didn't they already try this once and it got canceled?

I don't think that Funimation has ever actually had a DBZ release that has met my conditions for willingness to purchase, namely a.) being in the correct aspect ratio while b.) having the option to toggle between sub, dub w/JP OST, dub w/Faulconer OST. It doesn't seem like it would be too much to ask, but they've managed to fuck it up in one way or another with every single release.

This isn't really anime but I just watched the Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon.

I wonder if you could get some album to sound really cool synched up with FLCL. That would be perfect.

The fact that they even give the public the option of choosing a butchered release is depressing. Still, didn't they already try this once and it got canceled?

I don't think that Funimation has ever actually had a DBZ release that has met my conditions for willingness to purchase, namely a.) being in the correct aspect ratio while b.) having the option to toggle between sub, dub w/JP OST, dub w/Faulconer OST. It doesn't seem like it would be too much to ask, but they've managed to fuck it up in one way or another with every single release.

They stopped the other DBZ BD release because the remastering process was way too costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom