• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

I don't want that NEET piloting that shit. Laaaaaaaaaaaame. I hope she pilots that next episode and gets roflpwnt and dies immediately after.

Are you suggesting that NEET isn't the best character!?
643686-kakumeiki_valvrave___04___large_03.jpg

Narag

I saw the Japanese version, and while it was more amusing than it should have been, I don't know if it really rises to that level. Maybe I need to check out the dub!

Duckroll pointed out to me that the NA release was subject to a lot of censorship too. Fine everywhere else in the world but not in that Geneon (?) release. That'd probably enhance the experience

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You know what the eyes in the VVV characters remind me of? A lesser quality of the Accel World character eyes. Maybe it's just me.

Tenumi

Banned
I saw both Neptunia and Neptunia MK2 at Gamestop the other day. I so wanted to buy them.
Then I remembered I have no money and no PS3.

Oreimo 8

Not going to lie, seeing the Kirino beat down from the anime staff was pretty satisfying.

And Kuro is awesome. Kyosuke should be thanking her immensely since he was largely useless until she pitched in with her no holds barred opinions.

Shergal

Valvrave 11
So it boils down to
Cain vs L-Elf. The comment by the former makes me think L-Elf has it covered, usually when they're shown being overly confident they get wrecked. But who knows, the next ep is the season finale after all.

Crazy shit keeps happening, but I thought the direction was a bit more subdued this week. Many quiet moments, little emphasis on the ridiculous angle of the script, an actual build-up of tension, it felt more like a normal mecha show. I prefer the approach used for the earlier episodes, but here it didn't drag the show down or anything. And of course, to offset everything again there was
the marriage proposal IN SPACE
LOL.

kayos90

On the note of Valvrave has people noticed that
the crazy shit happens near the end of the episode and a lot of them involve Saki? Maybe that's how episode 12 ends. LOL

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% 12

yQr31CTl.jpg

A little Sugita goes a long way.

Well I guess we get development for the super side pretty boys. And a dragon destroying the screaming girls.

kewlmyc

Are you suggesting that NEET isn't the best character!?

Her social anxiety seems pretty farfetched so far. We'll need to see more of her background before she becomes any better of a character. So far, it seems that other people wanting to be her friend causes anxiety attacks, which is bizarre.

Also, I've never liked Shoko. She's far far too stupid and optimistic for my taste. However, this show needs to cut her a break. Enough suffering already. Girl can't catch a break.

How many people are going to die next episode?

kayos90

Her social anxiety seems pretty farfetched so far. We'll need to see more of her background before she becomes any better of a character. So far, it seems that other people wanting to be her friend causes anxiety attacks, which is bizarre.

Also, I've never liked Shoko. She's far far too stupid and optimistic for my taste. However, this show needs to cut her a break. Enough suffering already. Girl can't catch a break.

How many people are going to die next episode?

A lot. I hope.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S: Hearts in Ice]
Ah, so it's that kind of movie.

I actually liked this part of the film. It was great! We rarely see Luna as anything but a supporting role/technobabble spouting mascot anymore. This was the kind of story that her character needed, and for the most part they made it work. I'm a sucker for unrequited love stories, and they played it believable enough for me to get engrossed in her story... until
they decided to give her the "human for one night" shit cop-out only for her to hook up with Artemis on the rebound. Because they are cats, I guess?
It cheapens out on the arc they had been building up until the last ten minutes, and it also makes
Artemis' character seem like a pathetic nice guy with barely any backbone.
AAAAAGH

The rest of the movie is unremarkable. It started aping the R movie early on, but with a lot more bad art and flapping mouths. It's pretty disappointing that the most visually impressive scenes in the film are the recycled cuts from the show, particularly because they had to crop the footage in order to fit the widescreen format. I could even notice what I assume is tracing over one of Ikuhara's episodes in R. It was a lazy experience, not helped by how the final confrontation devolved into a Dragon Ball Z-esque fight with giant beams colliding with other giant beams. Oh, and the sound the Snow Dancers make is freaking obnoxious.

I really wanted to like this. The individual scenes with Luna were genuinely touching, and some of the jokes had me laughing out loud. It's very mediocre everywhere else, and a real letdown after the amazing R film. That said I'm probably overreacting at the moment due to how much that ending pissed me off. It's probably just about average, and you might do well watching it once, I guess? 3 out of 5 NSFW Chibiusas.

Get used to Kenta, he's like the worst part of Splash Star.
Well the worst part is bearable ... so i guess everything else is awesome ?

hahahaha omfg owhat what hawhat pappened omrfggon soikhaahahahah oholyh hshito hthat was sso funyy that whteh fuck?
I'm not even wondering why i'm NOT watching valvrave ...seriously i need my sanity intact when i'm watching anime.

I think this show is a piece of shit and don't really care about it that much but I am trying to think of a reality that exists where the pictures you posted are not some of the most blunt spoilers.
They feel like spoiler
It's not really a spoiler.

They are.
I haven't watched the episode yet and i feel spoilered. You can't defend this because it featured a character you enjoy. That was a spoiler simple as that.

Oofuri 6
tumblr_moq1kfuP6x1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_moq1kfuP6x1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Abe's lines get the mind thinking, but yeah I do agree with him, needs to find someway to make sure he doesnt make Mihashi feel homesick, seems to have difficulty decided which team to side with Oda or Kanou (I kind of want Kanou to succeed must be difficulty trying to be at the same level as the nine zoner Mihashi).
Was crushed when back to back Abe's aims for where the ball would go were completely anticipated and hit by the opponents to score big time. Dont lose faith

Chuck

Still without luck
Hataraku Maou-sama! 12

So damn excellent. Urushihara more hugable than ever before. Also shirtless Maou. @_@

Last episode next week then sadness til next year hopefully.

Dobutsu no Mori

220px-Animalcrossingfilm_poster.jpg

Movies based off of video games often get a lot of shit for not staying true to the source material. That’s definitely not the case here. In fact it’s kind of the opposite. The film stays really close to the source material of Animal Crossing, and the film ends up pretty much having almost no real story because of that.

The Animal Crossing movie is exactly what it is. A movie about what goes down in Animal Crossing. The movie hit the damn nail on the head when it came to that (but that’s expected since Nintendo apparently was involved with the movie’s creation).

The movie tells the story of Ai, who has recently moved in to Animal Village. Then the usual stuff happens. She meets up with Tom Nook, goes on errands, makes friends, etc. From there, it’s basically a slice of life movie. Like in the games, we see things go from spring, to summer, to fall, winter, etc.

But that’s not enough for a film is it? No, you have to have some ongoing story. Unfortunately, the movie kind of falls short in that regard. The plot points the movie sets up don’t really get a lot of focus and end up having disappointing conclusions.
There’s an early plot point about a mayor re-election that goes nowhere. The only real story that gets the most focus is a friendship that goes on with Ai and Margie that has a somewhat satisfying conclusion, but even then that’s practically a secondary point to the movie with all the other stuff that goes on in the town.
The climax involving the UFO also ends up going pretty much nowhere, and there’s a really bad ending plot point where Ai is made a winner for helping an alien get home.

My problem with this? SHE DID ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. Okay, maybe not entirely nothing, she caught the living UFO piece from a fall, but that warrants a win? Yeah, reward the girl who stood around while watching the other kid become friggin Spider Man in a bunny suit (no really, that’s a thing that happens) climb up dinosaur bones to get the UFO part.

But then again, taking a concept of Animal Crossing and applying it to film with a story, there’s not a lot you can do. Animal Crossing is a series where characters just live their lives, and that’s exactly what happens here. A kid comes to an animal town, makes friends, does stuff, the end.

So despite it having virtually no real story, it follows the Animal Crossing formula to a very exact degree. I can’t exactly call it a good general anime movie, but I can call it a great Animal Crossing movie, and as an Animal Crossing fan, I personally enjoyed it despite its flaws.

It could have been worse. I mean, HE could have been in it.

Villager_SSB4.png

cnet128

Banned
Bad cnet, no falling asleep on the sofa before writing your episode impressions.
You will wake up and post about your Precure before going to bed. *slaps self*

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 17

Another fairly standard episode. Mai accidentally breaks a precious archaeological artifact of her mother's (well, actually it was entirely Choppy's fault, but she can't tell her mother that). Turns out it was actually the first artifact her mother ever uncovered, which inspired her to take up archaeology in the first place. Oh noes. So Mai feels awfully guilty and wants to do something to make up for it. Since her skill is being artistic and shit, she makes a lovely drawing of the artifact for her mother as an apology.

Meanwhile Kaoru and Michiru wonder what the point is of getting so upset over a meaningless accident that can't be helped. Emotions and empathy, how do they work? Mai responds to their apathy by saying that they should be able to understand, because surely they must have things that are precious to them too! Which prompts the two of them to wonder if they really do have anything that is important to them personally rather than just important to Akudaikaan. Do I smell character development? More of this, please.

To be fair , Naruto Kenta is a pretty good addition to the cast . I guess you realised by now but he is far from being annoying or a dead weight and most of the time his appearances have something to do with the plot.

Not a fan of the comedian routine however.

Get used to Kenta, he's like the worst part of Splash Star.

Yeah, Naruto Kenta's pretty all right and adds nicely to the group dynamic (more than any of Saki's female friends do, that's for sure). If he's the worst part of Splash Star, that can only be a good sign.

It is a little awkward that his BIG DREAM is to become a comedian when all his jokes are terrible even by terrible-joke standards, but I guess that's lolanime for you.

Nafe

You left out the best part.

Playing games like Aquapazza kind of force me into that latter category because it's not like I'm going to enter an actual bracket for it anytime soon.

I don't know much about that game. I had heard about it and watched a couple or a few matches on YouTube and that's been it so far.

---

(Note: The following query contains MAJOR spoilers for both Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon R! Please don't read if you haven't watched the shows and don't want to be spoiled!)

I didn't mark it so unfortunately I can't remember which of Regulus Tera's posts it was but he was asking about
how Sailor Pluto left her position.

Something I was wondering and can't remember if it was explained in Sailor Moon S was
Pluto came back in time to help the girls with the upcoming disaster but didn't know the exact details. If she can go through time, why didn't she go to the slightly future(compared to the "present" 1994) time period to see where the disaster emanated from and who caused it and then go back in time to tell the girls the details?

Something else I was wondering was
if Crystal Tokyo and Chibiusa exist in the future as well as the Black Moon Clan and all the events of Sailor Moon R, wouldn't that mean that the girls wouldn't have to worry as they know they beat the Death Busters for those future events to occur(something Pluto again should be knowledgeable about)? If these events didn't originally occur then what happens to make the Death Busters now appear and become a threat?

The real world answer would probably be that the series was popular and needed more story but it's never really explained in universe is it?

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch 11

At some point I got under the impression that this was a middle school. Now that i think about it, its always been a high school. Huh.

Teacher is pretty entertaining.

Yeah, Naruto Kenta's pretty all right and adds nicely to the group dynamic (more than any of Saki's female friends do, that's for sure). If he's the worst part of Splash Star, that can only be a good sign.

It is a little awkward that his BIG DREAM is to become a comedian when all his jokes are terrible even by terrible-joke standards, but I guess that's lolanime for you.

Well no comedian is funny from the start , most performers are outputting bad things and decide to not use that when they are in front of the public, they work on their show.
Naruto is not doing that filter work and is much less experimented so ...well that is the result.

Bad cnet, no falling asleep on the sofa before writing your episode impressions.
You will wake up and post about your Precure before going to bed. *slaps self*

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 17

Another fairly standard episode. Mai accidentally breaks a precious archaeological artifact of her mother's (well, actually it was entirely Choppy's fault, but she can't tell her mother that). Turns out it was actually the first artifact her mother ever uncovered, which inspired her to take up archaeology in the first place. Oh noes. So Mai feels awfully guilty and wants to do something to make up for it. Since her skill is being artistic and shit, she makes a lovely drawing of the artifact for her mother as an apology.

Meanwhile Kaoru and Michiru wonder what the point is of getting so upset over a meaningless accident that can't be helped. Emotions and empathy, how do they work? Mai responds to their apathy by saying that they should be able to understand, because surely they must have things that are precious to them too! Which prompts the two of them to wonder if they really do have anything that is important to them personally rather than just important to Akudaikaan. Do I smell character development? More of this, please.

Well naruto is quite the comedian himself, so I don't see the problem in wanting to do that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi # 3

oMupQpV.jpg

Aiko is still the best.

Handwaving the fairy bit kinda bugs me, because doing it properly really doesn't take much more time than what they did. Guess they're still in "fuck everything, just get this show back on the road" mode.

Attn: Regulus Tera
4GW7Yft.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Only creepy manbabby Ninthings play boring infantile shit like Animal Crossing. Anyone who likes it should just slam their 3DS closed onto their balls so there's no chance of them ever reproducing.

Hataraku Maou-sama! 12

This episode was quite good with decent action and decent dialogs.

The gif posted earlier was indeed a nasty spoiler , i wish i could have experienced that scene without knowing the outcome , now i went and said "oh that's it."

Serious guys , be carefull with those. There are plenty of way to post screens that don't give in too much or just don't post pics at all.

I'm gonna have to read the books once this season ends
(yet another book to read )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom