• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oofuri 6
tumblr_moq1kfuP6x1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_moq1kfuP6x1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Abe's lines get the mind thinking, but yeah I do agree with him, needs to find someway to make sure he doesnt make Mihashi feel homesick, seems to have difficulty decided which team to side with Oda or Kanou (I kind of want Kanou to succeed must be difficulty trying to be at the same level as the nine zoner Mihashi).
Was crushed when back to back Abe's aims for where the ball would go were completely anticipated and hit by the opponents to score big time. Dont lose faith

Baseball would be more interesting if it was really all gay subtext. :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
awkwarddddd
but hey, I'm the king of that lately

Call me when you need something from my town or something. Or if the price is right.

I might need an axe if you get one in tomorrow. I'll bring persimmons and a perfect orange as payment.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Summer thread going up when this one is done?

It's up but locked because Mandoric jumped the gun by three weeks.

Really, we should just nuke the existing one. There are some posts that I'm not so proud of in there.

This reminds me that I need to start watching Casshern Sins.

Do it. Even if my heart will never be ready for you to point out and eviscerate every last atom of absurdity in the series.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't know if this is the place or the time to ask, but could I have Summer OT2? It's likely going to coincide with the release of The Mystical Laws.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I recently finished reading Kazuo Umezu's (not to be confused with everyones favourite misogynist white male power fantasy writer kazuo koike) Right Hand of God, Left Hand of the Devil and I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time.
Haha, westerners are monsters who don't even bother hiding the truth.

Narag

Something like The Mysic Laws needs it's its own OT, let alone its own forum.

Ryuho demands it.

Master-Ryuho-Okawa.jpg

A Happy Science anime thread would probably work well if presented with some history and acknowledgement of what the movies are actually for. :lol

Actually, I'm mildly surprised none of you made a general OT ever for the whole Happy Science set of movies.

I assume it's in the same project bin as the podcast.

survivor

Banned
I recently finished reading Kazuo Umezu's (not to be confused with everyones favourite misogynist white male power fantasy writer kazuo koike) Right Hand of God, Left Hand of the Devil and I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time.
Wait, this is an accurate description? I only read Lady Snowblood by him and it was full of lesbians, sex, rape and violence, but I thought that just on par with every other old samurai manga.

Narag

Wait, this is an accurate description? I only read Lady Snowblood by him and it was full of lesbians, sex, rape and violence, but I thought that just on par with that every other old samurai manga.

Yeah, it's accurate. Wounded Man has the titular character raping some girl who falls in love with him. Crying Freeman sleeps with like anything female and they fall in love with him. Mad Bull makes sure to get a strong female character raped. It's surprisingly subverted in Offered though.

I didn't even realize he was the Lone Wolf & Cub guy until after the fact and wondered when he went crazy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't know where EviLore gets the storage necessary to archive GAF's entire history of posts going back to it's founding, but they're all there. None of us can escape from our dumb posts.
Text doesn't take much room. The problem is keeping the entire database in memory.

OtherGAF would just ignore it. You have to be really deep into LIST culture in order to enjoy this stuff.
Not so! People eat up stuff like Garzey's Wing and Big Green.

wonzo

Banned
Wait, this is an accurate description? I only read Lady Snowblood by him and it was full of lesbians, sex, rape and violence, but I thought that just on par with every other old samurai manga.
The Anime World Order podcast has done a phenomenal job of touching upon Kazuo Koike's love of women getting raped (and loving it), his hatred of those evil feminists wanting to turn all women into man-hating lesbians (and the rape that cures them, oh the rapings) and even the odd bouts of racism.

http://www.awopodcast.com/2006/02/anime-world-order-show-7-kazuo-koike.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom