• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo kano 11

boring girl... but bunny so ok.

bunny.jpg

Man I'm still thinking about Gurren Lagann after how absolutely awesome it was when I watched it. Gosh that OP

Is it weird that I found Gurren Lagann's romance sadder than Anohana

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 5

Ah so this is the third girl, never mind, I was wrong before. Okay, now it's a love polygon and shit is getting fun. She's still riding the bottom of the totem pole though.

:lol here we go

This a pretty fun cast. Minorin, Ryuuji, and Taiga really make the show. I really like Minorin's seiyu.

Wow what a bitch

My friend is really putting me at the edge of watching Hajime No Ippo. He keeps showing me action scenes from New Challenger, funny scenes from the show, and some funny stuff from the manga. I haven't watched a sports anime ever since New Prince of Tennis last year, so seeing this and how good it looks makes me want to watch more sports anime.

Also Hajime No Ippo did make a very good gif with the dempsey roll move.

Never heard of in media res? You're meant to be thrust into the story just as the characters are forced together and have to find out what is going on.

But they are literally told what's going on when they arrive! I feel like the events of this episode could have been spaced out in like 2 or 3 episodes. Leave room for some character development, reveal a little bit here and there, and it would make the
stoning of that dude more meaningful if the show spent more time focusing on him.

How well do you think Madoka Magica would have gone if
in the first episode, Mami was introduced, taught about being magical girls, and got killed all in one 22 minute episode?

I'm disappointed, because I like the whole "people from Earth go to a fantasy land" kind of story. But only if there's a strong sense of investment. Even with Dog Days' ridiculously safe environment there's at least some kind of investment. I know it's only the first episode, but absolutely nothing happened that made me feel invested in any way. But then again, this is a 90s anime and the appeal must come from a lot of nostalgia that people felt watching this.

Maybe I'll pick it up again sometime later, but right now I'll just write this off as not for me.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT GAF what happened to you?!?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Predictably, they don't even understand Japanese, as shown by "kyuuketsuhime miyu".

I saw you taking the Hummingbird guys to task on that the other week :lol

Unsurprisingly, the weebery is also now creeping into MAL's descriptions:

BBkCuDp.png

Tamerlane

Banned
It's always the same: they sucker you with the Animal Crossing discussion and then hit you where it hurts with a major site redesign. Forums culture is so corrupt.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just don't complain about Pro Dark being broken in the beta thread because it will get you NUKED. That thread is going to be a graveyard when Evliore catches up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom