• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Just to throw it out there, here's how I summarize moe anime.

I think a well done anime is like a delicious cake. It's sweet, and it's filled to the brim with just a good taste. But for a cake to be good, it has to have all the right ingredients. In this case, story, animation, writing, etc. MOE characters are the icing on the cake.

But with moe anime, they throw all of that away and just give you a bowl full of icing. That's not to say a bowl full of icing won't taste good every now and then, but you don't see people ordering bowls of icing at fancy restaurants do you?

So before you recommend a moe anime to someone who asks for a good anime, just remember what the person asked you. Did he ask for a well made cake? Or did he ask for bowl full of icing?

I ....agree with this actually.

Indeed I do.

http://i.imgur.com/OqFYG.jpg :D

I think a well done anime is like a delicious cake. It's sweet, and it's filled to the brim with just a good taste. But for a cake to be good, it has to have all the right ingredients. In this case, story, animation, writing, etc. MOE characters are the icing on the cake.

But with moe anime, they throw all of that away and just give you a bowl full of icing. That's not to say a bowl full of icing won't taste good every now and then, but you don't see people ordering bowls of icing at fancy restaurants do you?

So before you recommend a moe anime to someone who asks for a good anime, just remember what the person asked you. Did he ask for a well made cake? Or did he ask for bowl full of icing?

K-ON! is a well made cake with lots of frosting and strawberries on top.

Oh yeah.

Also pretty much 85% of the reason I'm attracted to the girl because I first saw her as Mugi IRL lol

I see no fault in this.

Let's just replace "moe anime" with "slice of life or other anime that has a cast mostly comprised of cute females", because that's what it seems like you're getting at.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Muromi 12
pKZsVS1l.jpg

Lewd.

Ojamajo Doremi - 04

0OZetcq.jpg

Frog
? Really?

I had the same reaction as Aiko when Majo Rika teached the magic spell, pameku ruruku? I still can't remember it at all,
I'm amazed Doremi got her right on the first try. Hazuki was so cute saying "Paipaiponpoi puwapuwa puu". Three ojamajos.
Forbidden magic is really dangerous,
and really dangerous to the witches.
And a lesson about how buying their magical goods or else they can't buy magical spheres, and get better at magic.
I'm not buying any magic stick.
Aiko is awesome, showing Doremi how it's done. Welcome to MAHO堂.

Ojamajo Doremi - 05

Since the first episode I felt like MAHOdou, was like the shop in xxxHolic,
in with only people who have problems/desires/wises would find
, the sequence when they find themselves in a mysterious hill, with a old magic shop.
Will Doremi really get better at magic as she goes up the ranks of magic?

Just because an anime follows a cast of cute girls doesn't mean it can't have good direction, animation, writing, etc.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 17

Okay, I felt bad for Sakura there. She was really freaked out. And her teacher pretending to be a ghost? That was just cruel.

9UC5F1z.jpg

Best pairing

Oregairu 12

Not thrilled that Hiki decided to use another method that demeans him. It certainly resolved the situation the quickest, but letting himself be the bad guy again doesn't sit well with me. I did like those scenes in the aftermath with Hayato and the concern from everyone closest to him, acknowledging what he did in order for the festival to end well.

And before the final episode airs, I'd like to say that I have more respect for Hiki than any of the other lead characters I've watch this season. Didn't like him in the beginning, but he certainly earned my goodwill after proving to be such a truly interesting protagonist.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oregairu 12

Not thrilled that Hiki decided to use another method that demeans him. It certainly resolved the situation the quickest, but letting himself be the bad guy again doesn't sit well with me. I did like those scenes in the aftermath with Hayato and the concern from everyone closest to him, acknowledging what he did in order for the festival to end well.

And before the final episode airs, I'd like to say that I have more respect for Hiki than any of the other lead characters I've watch this season. Didn't like him in the beginning, but he certainly earned my goodwill after proving to be such a truly interesting protagonist.

Please read volume 7. If you think this was debasing, you're in for a treat...

Lets Play! Suite Precure: 08

Undertones! Undertones everywhere!

This was actually a pretty good episode, and makes me wonder if they are planting the seeds for a Siren face turn at some point, with her reactions to having a friend.

Back stories exist for judgment.
Siren's pretty cute

What!? That's like saying you don't eat pizza crust!

Well it's not like OPs let me live or anything.

Henneko 11

Wonderful as always, but this time I think I had one too many heart attacks and am wondering if I'm actually alive or dead. Tsukiko's mom isn't what I was expecting, but man is she still hot. Next week's final episode is going to kill me in more ways than one, I'm gonna miss you Henneko.

New Tenkai Knights to air on Cartoon Network

Spin Master Entertainment and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions Co., Ltd. (ShoPro) are proud to introduce, Tenkai Knights, a new animated TV show, which will debut on Cartoon Network later this year.

Saving the world is serious business and should never be taken lightly. It is only for the brave of heart. Guren, Ceylan, Chooki, and Toxsa were not planning on being heroes when they accidentally stumbled into an inter-dimensional portal. Ripped through space and time, they reemerged on another world as Bravenwolf, Tributon, Lydendor, and Valorn… the legendary Tenkai Knights!

"We're so excited for Tenkai Knights to be launching on Cartoon Network," says Spin Master Entertainment's Jennifer Dodge, Executive Producer of the series. "Together with ShoPro, we plan to tell great stories about the Tenkai Knights and their adventures.”

Akira Fujita, ShoPro’s Executive Director says, "We are thrilled to be working with Spin Master. The partnership of our two companies fuses leading innovation with great storytelling. We are excited to now introduce Tenkai Knights to children around the world!"

As a follow up to the world-wide phenomenon Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Tenkai Knights will feature 52 episodes, webisodes, an interactive website as well an extensive toy line, complete with a full 360◦ integrated marketing campaign.

Spin Master is responsible for distributing Tenkai Knights in North & South America, ShoPro in Asian territoriers, and VIZ Media Europe in EMEA territories.

According to the Wanpack leak, this is being handled by BONES.

CorvoSol

Mobile Awesome Gundam Unicawesome 3 part awesome

Freaking atmospheric reentry battles with heroic sacrifices are like, the best kinds of battles in the entire Gundam franchise. Hhhhnnnnnng.

Originally Posted by cosmicblizzard
[/i]

lol, I doubt I'm up for consideration. I've butted heads with Evilore a few times and I'm fairly certain he doesn't like me that much. I imagine even if some super nice mods nominated me, the rest would just laugh.

That's nice that you guys think I'd be qualified though, even if no one else does. Thanks!
[/indent]https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...imySF1sQ#t=53s

Search is still shit after update.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

But... what is moé?

This seasons Naruto Shippuden ED - I Can Hear - DISH is one my favorite this season and the full version too. Otherwise, I think its really just three or so ops and ed that I think are fairly good and worth listening to again after the season finishes. (Genesis Aria - Arata The Legend, (OP), Yukitoki - Nagi Yanagi - (Yahari OP), Reason - Kamiya - Karneval ED, BE - Devil Survivor 2 ED)

That reminds me: Naruto Shippuden opening 13 is actually my OP of the season. I like Nico touches the wall and the animation is good plus we get to see more mizukage :)

OkcgIdl.gif

cajunator

Banned

Is he your arch nemesis?

Cardcaptor Sakura 17

Okay, I felt bad for Sakura there. She was really freaked out. And her teacher pretending to be a ghost? That was just cruel.

UWWEEEEEHHHHH!
hnnnnngh. Admit it, you would totally surprise/scare Sakura just to hear her say that.

Even if no one else does, I appreciate this pun. Hahahaha.

I noticed it too. But its a bit risky lol.

Henneko 11

Wonderful as always, but this time I think I had one too many heart attacks and am wondering if I'm actually alive or dead. Tsukiko's mom isn't what I was expecting, but man is she still hot. Next week's final episode is going to kill me in more ways than one, I'm gonna miss you Henneko.

This show damn well better get picked up by some company and released. Or there will be mutiny.

New Tenkai Knights to air on Cartoon Network

According to the Wanpack leak, this is being handled by BONES.

Plot sounds interesting...if it turns out good then itll take ages to ever release on disc potentially :(

That reminds me: Naruto Shippuden opening 13 is actually my OP of the season. I like Nico touches the wall and the animation is good plus we get to see more mizukage :)

http://i.imgur.com/OkcgIdl.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

OP teasing us each week, I wonder if theyll switch it out in July.

CorvoSol

Sword Awful Online 20

This is the worst anime I've ever watched. It isn't even worth mocking anymore. When every part of an episode is nonsensical bullshit, it doesn't even bear pointing it out anymore.

Joe Molotov

Sword Awful Online 20

This is the worst anime I've ever watched. It isn't even worth mocking anymore. When every part of an episode is nonsensical bullshit, it doesn't even bear pointing it out anymore.

If only someone had warned you beforehand that SAO wasn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom